Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 05:36
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Yep. Wear whatever you like... *g* As long as you're comfortable in it!

As for traveling... yep. They can give you a travel card and you can go to other locations. Just ask them about it. Works great!

*loves Curves*
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 05:37
3 Days at a Time

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by mommyto3

I weighed in and measured last week. This past month I lost 12 lbs and 5 inches.

That's GREAT! I've got a few more weeks until I weigh in... the fact that I was sick and missed a week won't help me, but I'm still feeling SO MUCH BETTER... even if I don't SEE the results right yet, I can sure feel them. Even if it's just more energy during the day and more sleep at nights!
  #93   ^
Old Fri, May-02-03, 11:37
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I just bought the Curves book to check out their eating plan. I was impressed. Have any of you tried it?
  #94   ^
Old Sat, May-03-03, 16:52

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%

Curves has two WOE plans. The first is for those people who are more carb sensitive than calorie sensitive. It is very much like the atkins plan.

The second is for people who are more calorie sensitive. (such as myself) This plan lowers calories and still restricts carbs to 60 grams a day. To my pleasent surprise, this turned out to be pretty much the plan that I had formed for myself before hearing about curves.
  #95   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 12:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/171/135
BF:39%/37%/30%
Progress: 18%
Default Travelling

If you have an annual membership it is good at all Curves--you have to get a travel pass. The one at my Curves is good for one month.

If you have a month-to-month membership, I think you are limited as to the number of times you can get a travel pass.

They are working on getting all of the Curves linked so you won't have to go through the trouble of getting a travel pass.

Melissa
  #96   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 18:24
3 Days at a Time

BF:
Default First Weigh In!

I got impatient and weighed in today. *g* I didn't decide to do it until AFTER my workout, which technically I'm not supposed to do as apparently working out will cause muscles to expand. (Didn't know that...)

3 1/2 weeks of Curves... 1 week not attending because I had the flu and was throwing up...

I lost 6 pounds and 5 inches. In effectivly 2 1/2 weeks of gym attendence. That makes me very happy.

Now if I go for the next month without getting sick... woo! Maybe I can see even better results!

6 pounds in 3 weeks is plenty for me. That's a nice healthy amount... *g* Couldn't be happier.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 20:57

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

bree-

congrats!

5 inches!!

glad to hear it is working!!

When did you get sick? after you started? Sometimes I find that I get sick whenever I start an exercise program?.... i always wondered if it was me just "getting" sick to avoid the exercise!! ha!

take care,
M-
  #98   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 21:03
3 Days at a Time

BF:

LOL!

I got sick in the middle of week 2. Everyone in town got this horrible stomach flu... I spent three days out of whack and five more on antibiotics trying to cure the sinus infection that came with it. I went to the gym the first day I was sick and the last few I was recovering... I was obsessed.

I wondered that myself, though--"Do I just think I'm sick? Am I looking for an excuse? But I LOVE my gym!"

I've decided to be geeky and am using Excel to track my progress. I can hardly wait for next month!

http://www.tapfer.org/thezone/progress.htm

The funniest part was... I gained .75 inches in the bust?? We're wondering if I just wore a different bra that day...
  #99   ^
Old Mon, May-12-03, 09:11
3 Days at a Time

BF:

Hmm... I was just wondering... (you more senior members...)

Does anyone think we might be able to snag our own little sub-section on the board for Curves? There probably aren't as many of us as the BFL people or anything... but this thread is about to top 100 posts and there are a few more hanging around in here... *g*

It can get tiresome digging through 100 posts to find one that you remembered... plus we could have fun keeping better track of our loss and encouraging.

Would anyone else even be interested?
  #100   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 11:52

BF:
Default A LESSON IN TRUST

Do not trust the scales, Do not trust the tape measure, Do not trust other people to weigh and measure you, TRUST IN YOURSELF.

Went for my weigh and measure today at Curves. It was a disapointment of sorts. I weighed more and I measured more. However, the fact of the matter is this. When you are weighed and measured at Curves, it's done by someone different each time and you also may be wearing different clothes. So do you rely on them??? I say NO! What I know is....I've lost 3 pounds in the last month. The steering wheel is farther away from my abdomen...AND I can button shirts that I couldn't button last month. So I don't care what the Scales or people at curves say....I'm doing great!

Breecita....I think that's a good idea...having a sub-section for Curves. IF enough were interested we could raise the issue to...ummmmm anyone know who we would ask about this???
  #101   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 12:07

BF:

Just sent a message to Doreen....Forum Founder. Hopefully she can help us with this.
  #102   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 12:59

BF:

Doreen was very guick in getting back to me which I appreciated. The problem with Curves having it's own thread is that Curves is a paid orgnization, unlike Body for Life or Atkins and the such which has all the quidelines in a published book. I did respond back to let her know that Curves does have a book out with the guide lines for their diets, but basiclly Curves, is more like a Gym...like "The Right Stuff" etc. However, we did not get a flat out no answer. Doreen will take this up with the other officials and she promised to get back with me. Do not get your hopes up though, she doesn't know how it will "fly" with the others. We can only keep our fingers crossed and at the same time understand that they have to keep to certain guidelines here on the forum.

I'll let you know when I get a final response from Doreen.
  #103   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 186/171/138 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Question What is your commitment?

Curves sounds great and there is one on my way home.

My question is do you have to commit for a certain number of months? Do you pay up front or by the month? Can you cancel at any time?

I really want to add exercise to my WOL.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 13:36
3 Days at a Time

BF:

Mmm... I can understand the reasons for not having a sub-forum, I suppose. *g* I'll just live with this scary thread.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 14:50

BF:

Hi TexLady,

The answer to your question is yes...and no. LOL! You do not have to commit for 12 months but you do get a 10 dollar a month break if you do. However, even if you do commit to 12 months, IF you decide you don't like it...which you won't...then you can still quit. HOWEVER, you will be charged the additional 10 dollars a month for the months you attended. So lets say you sign up for a year...but quit after 5 months. You will be charged the additional 10 dollars for those 5 months.

Hope that helps. I have not found anyone who has tried Curves and then decided to quit. I had the same questions as you, and was very nervous about giving it a try, but I'm glad I did. Exercise is soooo important...so if you decide Curves isn't for you...then give something else a try.