Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 14:51

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

My curves "circuit or work-out" is going around the "circle" 3X. I am going tonight and am looking forward to it!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 15:14
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Default We just got a new machine

My curves got a new machine - it's some awesome looking device for the glutes We can't use it yet because they need another recover station but it will be cool!!!!(er)
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 03:20

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Mine has 3 circuits, too, so I could add another or do it twice, etc. Thanks for the tip.

Was planning to go 5 days this week, but work interfered. I'm working 2 jobs, usually double shifts, so I can't get the time/energy to go! So frustrating, but as soon as I can go, I'm gonna give it all I've got!

N.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 10:47

BF:
Thumbs up

I had my first REAL workout at CURVES last night and I am hooked - -

I thought it was going to be easy - NOT - I am achy (good achy) today and I know I did well. The instructor showed me how to use each machine properly and despite thinking the machines looked easy, getting on them and doing them was a whole 'nother ballgame. By the time I went around the circuit twice, I was really pushing. My heartrate was good - 22/24/23 at the three intervals that we were told to take a 10 second rate. Felt a bit nauseas after I finished and done my stretching --

So tonight I am going again and then on Friday for my 3X a week.

Anyway, I definitely recommend it and feel that I will lose those stubborn inches and pounds before summer begins!
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 14:21

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

Y- after this whole week -- how do you feel?

Take care,

M-
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 20:21

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%
Angry I am so angry at Curves!

Today was my one month weigh-in and measurement check. I have counted the days down because I have gone down 2 pant sizes and am definitely smaller above the waist as well.

BUT...they weighed me and measured me. I was down 8 pounds which I'm very happy with. My chest was down 1 1/2 inches, waist 1 1/2 inches, stomach UP 3 inches, hips UP a couple of inches I think (at this point I was in tears and not listening), Leg UP again I don't remember and arm down 1/2 inch. The measurements are totally WRONG. I have no doubt that I have lost in my stomach, hips and especially my legs!!

A different girl measured me. She wanted to call the girl in who measured me last time (her day off). I told her there was no point. Obviously the first girl did it wrong and there was nothing that could be done about it now. I'll never know how many inches that I have lost when this is all over. I cried and cried.

This was my moment that I have been working for and looking forward to for a month and it ended in such disappointment. I guess angry isn't the right word, but definitely hurt. They really need to be more careful when they measure because if I was less committed...this could make me give up completely! I'm totally committed, however, and I won't let this defeat me.

I'm also mad a myself because I joined w/my 14 year old niece. She's not nearly as heavy as me but she lost 10 pounds and 11 inches! I was soooo proud and happy for her, but I let my sadness suck some of her moment to shine and I feel terrible about that. I tried to compose myself and let her know how GREAT she did, but it wasn't the same.

I don't want anyone to use this as a reason to not do Curves, because I absolutely LOVE it! Just make sure that they measure you correctly! I will be there Monday w/bells on! I just have to wait until next month for my moment.

Last edited by mommyto3 : Fri, Mar-28-03 at 20:23.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 13:47

BF:

Mommyto3!!!

way to go! you are on the right path!!! It takes time... and YOU are going!!! You are actually getting in your car and driving over there!!!! that is more than half the battle...

Look-- I started this thread... and I still have not joined!! ha!

Things are a little strange in my day to day chores... but I do plan to join in May....

Just hearing your success (and that it is!!) encourages me everyday!!

Everyday that you go to CV or everyday that you low carb IS YOUR DAY!!!!

TAke care and thank you!
M-
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 14:50

BF:
Thumbs up

I'm hooked on curves. Did 4 workouts last week - took the weekend off - and I am down an inch here, a 1/2 inch there - and down another pound despite a bad Wed & Thurs (food wise).

I am going tonight - - I love it!
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:01

BF:

"Oh ... and I owe it all to CURVES....4-5X a week is paying off!!"
Is a quote from Yvonne 326's journal!!!

Wow! How are other people doing??

take care,
M-
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:05
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Woo!

You all have inspired me. I came in here looking for a thread on Curves, and only made it half way through this one before I called and made an appointment.

I'm nervous... going to gyms has always been a nightmare for me, because I just am so self-concious. But maybe... maybe this will be the turning point.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 11:00

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 283/162/165 Female 5ft6
BF:
Progress: 103%

Good for you Bree! I hope you love it as much as we do!! I have been going for 6 weeks and I still look forward to it every time. I've been going 3 times/week but I'm thinking about going 4 times. It's really a good environment. I don't feel self-conscious about it. I take my niece and 2 of my best friends go as well. That really helps me because one of us ALWAYS wants to go. That keeps those of us who might be inclined to back out, feeling
'obligated' to go. And we are all so thankful to that person!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it! It really does work. (just make sure they measure you correctly-see my post above!)
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 12:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/171/135
BF:39%/37%/30%
Progress: 18%
Default I'm a happy member too!

I joined about two weeks ago. I go during the week at lunch--it's really close to work so I have no excuse. After one week, I could already see definition in my arms--this week some of the machines are getting easier--so I start going faster!

My mom got me hooked--she goes in Maryland--I figured if she could go, so could I.

One side-effect though--now I am getting up and doing more stuff--around the house, going for walks--I've got so much more energy.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-03, 13:10

BF:

MMA- great side effect!!!

Bree- Let us know how it goes!!!

Take care,
M-
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 08:32
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default I just posted this in my journal...

... but I thought I'd throw it here, too!

"Curves, a Love Story" by Bree

Just went to join Curves... and goodness. I'm in love.

Fiance and I showed up a bit early... he came with me partly because he was going to help me pay for it, partly because I didn't know the way so he drove in front of me to lead me, and partly for emotional support.

I watched the trainer get out of her car, and felt this little knot of fear in my stomach... she was PERFECT! I could just visualize walking in there... her looking at me and my massive behind and going, "Well, there's no hope for YOU!"

I went in and introduced myself, and she was as friendly as could be. She talked to me a little, talked to my fiance, answered my questions, and then got out the paperwork. She was so encouraging and friendly that I relaxed pretty quickly. People were coming in as we did paperwork--all shapes and sizes, and mostly talking to each other.

Fiancee paid and left, and then we went to the back for the dreaded "weigh in" and "measuring". The fear was back.

She started the scale at 150. I kinda laughed and said, "Oh, you're going to have to go higher than that." She grinned and said, "Don't let me hear you talking like that anymore," and continued to inch the scale up.

Imagine my horror when I went all the way over 300! *gasps* Granted, I'm very bloated from my period right now, but still. That's higher than I've been in forever, and here I was feeling all spiffy after a week of being perfectly good, and water loss and everything!

I was horrified, but she just said, "That's why you're here--and think how good it will feel every time it goes down!"

Then we did the measuring... and she continued to be encouraging and light hearted, assuring me that in a few months, I'd be looking forward to weighing and measuring.

Then we went back to the table and decided what my goal size was: a 12. She figured out what measurements I'd need in order to be a 12, and how much I had to lose: 104 inches. YEOW!

Then she pointed over at the wall, where the last months losses were. At the top of the list was a woman who had lost 25 inches in just under two months! Even some of the lowest were all losing 3-7 inches a month, as long as they came in 3 times a week.

Then she asked me about my diet, and was very excited when I told her I was on a low-carb diet. She assured me that if I stuck to it, it would be no time at all before I looked in the mirror and didn't even recognize myself.

Then she had me set up an appointment for my first workout, so she could walk me through and show me how to use all the machines. So I'm going tomorrow at 9 am!

I'm in love.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:49

BF:

CIta---

Thank you for posting!!! I am so happy for you!!

Let us know how the first day goes....

Take care,

M-