Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 15:24
amieK

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up You go girl!!!

Way to go shannonlea!

You can really see the difference between your "Before" and "After 6 wks" pics.

You have inspired me to make a serious attempt to stay on plan for the next six weeks. I've been stuck on this cycle where I do great for a week then go off plan for 3 or 4 days, then spend the next week trying to get back on track.

So keep up the good work! And thanks for sharing your progress. It is an encouragement to others.

amie

Last edited by amieK : Mon, Feb-10-03 at 15:25.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Talking Hello and Thanks

I appreciate all of the nice remarks and encouragement. It has now been 10 weeks low carbing now. I have not lost much lately and have messed up a couple times. Plan on posting another update pic in another 10 weeks because I feel by then things will be way more noticeable. Like I said I'm slowing down considerably though. Have not lost one pound in a month,but I have not gained and also had a cheat too. I am happy and content with the slow down. As long as I am not gaining it's all good for me. I look better now then I did this time last year and I know I'll look way better a year from now. Thanks all!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 08:49

Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%
Default slow down

Hi Shannon,
Good attitude about the slow down. I to have been weeks at the same weight. I am OK with it for three reasons. The most important one is the fact that I feel much better than I have in a long time. The second is all the stories I read in here about people losing and stalling then losing again when their body is ready. The third reason is all the exercise I am doing, it is great for my heart, lungs, muscles, etc... and in time the weight will start to fall again.

I'm with you in ten weeks and over the long term there will be a visable diference.

Good things come to those who wait.....
As long as they work for it.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 10:20

Plan: low carb
Stats: 263/254/130
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default HELP

I haven't started yet I am afraid of long term effects on my health. But then i foudn this forum it seems like people have been on this diet for the long term. I need direction and help because I want to lose wieght before my sisters wedding. Can someone help me plan a diet or give me a sample diet for a day? I have so much to lose I don't know where or how to start I am lost and confused.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 11:10

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Default Sample Menu

You will eat like this for the first 14 days, then you get to add more on later.

3-5 strips bacon or 3 - 4inch link sausage, 2 eggs fried, coffee/tea with sweetner (no sugar), like Splenda OR you can have hot cereal like Flax-O-Meal with butter and sweetner with coffee/tea.

Snack: Pork skin and water, water and more water

Lunch: 5-6 ounces of meat, 1 cup salad

Snack: 1 ounce of cheese (not processed cheese)

Dinner: 5-6 ounces of meat, 1/2 cup veggies and 1 cup salad with dressing. Do not use french, russian or dressing that contain sugar).

Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Can treat yourself with Crystal Light once or twice a day too, but that does not count for you water.

This is to just give you an idea. Should not come over 20g carbs.
Stay away from fruit, starches, lowfat, no fat as it contains sugar.
When using cream, use Heavy cream or Half/Half.
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 19:03
Registered Member

Stats: 165/150/140
BF:
Progress: 60%
Thumbs up Congrats so far!

You are certainly off to a good start! I find these success stories so inspirational. I look forward to posting my own picture soon, but I will be hard-pressed to find a before picture. I shunned cameras for a long while because I didn't like seeing pictures of myself. Keep up the positive attitude!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 20:33

BF:
Post Thanks

Everyone has been so nice considering I had such a small loss. I appreciate it. I have now been on this 3mos and lost 13.5 inches. along w/ the lbs! So I'm hoping it continues. Everyone remember even when the scales do not budge.. those inches will melt away! It's strange,but I did not lose one lb for an entire month but lost major inches.. thanks again all. In about May I plan on posting more pics. I'm sure by then there will be a BIG difference.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:23

BF:
Smile Hello

Just thought I'd update. It's been 4 months now and I think the difference is quite noticeable. Here goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shansprogress.jpg (12.1 KB, 179 views)
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-03, 22:55

Stats: 183/172/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up Way to Go Girl!!!

I've been looking over your listings, and wow. It is very much an encouragement for me, because my weight hasn't budged in about 3 weeks now.

but, from reading your lists this is common, and I do feel better than I have in years. So I will keep on keeping on...

Blessings!

Mary
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 09:35

Plan: DR. ATKINS
Stats: 267.2/216.0/150
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Shannonlea

I was looking at your pics and you look fantastic! What a difference. I think I had better get some pics of my own so I can see...I don't notice it in the mirror, although I sure do in my clothes.

You're a great inspiration! I look forward to progress pics!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 11:03

BF:
Smile Thanks

I appreciate all the nice words. Still working hard and trying to reach my goal! I'll get there someday!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-03, 20:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 200/195/150
BF:
Progress: 10%

Great job!!! I can tell a huge difference. I notice your plan says Back to Atkins -- what else did you try and why did you go back?
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-03, 16:15

BF:
Smile Thanks Workinmom

I tried CAD for one week and I did not gain any ,but my irritable bowel came back with a vengeance!! It was not good. So I'm back to Atkins trying to get to my goal!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 07:38

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 360/313.6/150 Female 66.5"
BF:yes, of course
Progress: 22%

You look awesome! Not only can I tell that you've lost weight, but I can see you've gained confidence by the way you present yourself in the more recent pictures compared to the original. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, May-05-03, 12:12
Alan Rickman Addict

Stats: 220/139/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 125%
Thumbs up

WTG, Shannonlea!
you look gorgeous!!!