Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 18:09

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 227/224/150
BF:37%
Progress: 4%

I have for the umpteenth time begun to face my hyperinsulemia. I've been on Atkins, lost weight, eventually couldn't stand eating like that. Had better luck with Carb Addicts Diet, but the problem is I don't think I really like food. I hate vegetables, always have, they gave me goosebumps when I had to eat them as a kid. Eating lowcarb very much reduces my carb cravings, which is why I am overweight, but eating in a more normal way makes me nauseated. I think I really don't actually like food, just the feeling of jumping into a swimming pool when I start the carb binge. I know that feeling is probably caused by insulin, but I don't like regular food. I'd love it if anyone who has experienced any aspects of what I am describing would respond, either with advice or at least with sympathy.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 22:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/209/140
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Hi teddybear5

I've been on Atkins for about 3 months now.
I have to say that not liking food isn't my problem but I know of other people who don't. I can sympathize with you there.
I guess you're going to have to get it into your mind that you do have to eat healthy and just bite the bullet here.
Have you discussed this feeling with your doctor? There might be some vitamin that could help this feeling.
I love your neck of the woods by the way. I've spent some time in Newport News and VB. I'm near Seattle tho, just the opposite end of the country.
Hang in there and just believe that you'll succeed on this because it's the right thing to do.
Gail
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 16:56

Plan: Low carb, low fat.
Stats: 308/207/150
BF:
Progress: 64%
Talking Hi and thanks.

Hi, I've only recently joined this forum but have been visiting it for over six months. I just want to thank everyone for all the anonymous advice you have been giving me. I 've lost over 100 pounds and am nearly two thirds of the way to my goal.

I also use the fitday website and rely on that site and this site a lot. Anyway, Hi and Thanks again.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 18:37

Stats: 229/209/140
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Low Fat Too?

Hi Juls.
I was going to ask if keeping the fat down helps you lose too but I can see that it has. I'm doing Atkins and he says the fat doesn't matter.
I'm losing so very slowly that I might try cutting out all the extra fat too and see what happens.
You're really doing awesome with your loss. Congratulations to you. You've certainly earned it.
Any more tips? I have about 70 pounds more to go. At the rate I"m going it will be a year from Christmas until I"m done. LOL
I'm NOT that patient.
Gail in Kent, Washington
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 14:32

Plan: none so far
Stats: 160/160/130
BF:30%
Progress: 0%
Question FIRST DIET DAY JITTERS

Hey there! Haven't started my diet yet. My friend, just called and was encouraging me to go back onto the Pentabasol supplementary powder. She gave me a pep talk about how good it is and made me promise to stay on it for the next three weeks. I've been surfing today to find high-protein foods to eat for the next few weeks. I believe that I can be committed, but I need to see results soon. By soon, I mean in the next couple of weeks. Is this realistic?

I'm a 50 year old female. Stock build (5'2" and 160lbs). Trying to lose around 30 pounds. I'm highly motivated, but confused about what is really going to work for me.

I can start again on the Pentabasol, but is it realistic?

HELP! FIRST DAY JITTERS!

VITA!
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 17:59

Stats: 160/130/126 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 88%
Smile Hi I'm New lost 25lbs so far on Atkins

Just introducing my self I'm Shea 34 years old, a military wife. mother of 3 My husband is in the NAVY. I've lost 25 lbs so far 5 more to go been doing Atkins since 3/1 . Still learning. Love thinformation , Tips etc. on this site
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 23:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/310/150
BF:
Default starmarie's quote

It was just the inspiration that I needed. Good life advice!! Thanks
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 02:51

Plan: cross between Atkins & Neaderthin
Stats: 175/155/120
BF:
Progress: 36%
Talking HI

Just wanted to say hello to all!!! I just joined the forum today. I looked forward to many weeks of reading posts from all of you.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 07:39

Stats: 202/160/135
BF:
Progress: 63%
Thumbs up Newbie

Thanks for the welcome. I am new to this site, but have been LC for four months and have lost 42 pounds. It is wonderful and I am never going back!!!
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 16:22

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 192/185.5/160
BF:dunno??
Progress: 20%
Smile I'm new too!!

Hello..just wanted to say hi..i just started on the atkins' on 6/10...i'm three days into it....havn't lost any wieght thou...when do the first signs of loosing weight happen after starting induction???

I'm kinda having a hard time with food cuz i live alone and i'm not much of a cook...i hope this works..bye..
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 22:49

Stats: 310/310/150
BF:
Default initial weight loss

sometimes it takes a few days and then you see a weight drop--my girlfriend did it and did not see any loss and then on the 5th day she lost 5 lbs--so hang in there!! The more water I drink the better it goes. There are some good fast food choices--Wendy's chicken blt salad is good--I just always carry a bottle of my own dressing in the car and have one at work as well so that I don't use theirs which is 11 carbs per serving!! I buy sliced meats and chese and do my own rollup combinations. When in a time crunch I buy Louis Rich or Purdue chicken already cooked and make chicken salad or add pieces to salads--hope that helps!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 09:27

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 192/185.5/160
BF:dunno??
Progress: 20%

Hey thanx a lot, that's good to know..i've been obssest i'm on the scale twice a day..lol..The thing is i don't kno if i'm doing it absolutely by the book...okay here are some examples of things i ate...

I had a diet drink that said 1% carbs. for acohol sugars..l
And hot dogs that also have 1% carbs.
the other day i had a salad with fake crab meat...is that allowed during induction?? does it have carbs??
and I had some turky that i think mite have been honey glazed...i couldn't really kno...
I also thinking maybe i should cut down on the vegies but then I'd havta increase me protein and fat..

Will this little things get in the away of switching to a fat burning matablizm???

I really wanna do this rite...so these little things will make a difference I'll be more carefull....please HELP!!!!!

Thanks,

jon
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 00:11

Stats: 263.5/258/125 Female 64 in.
BF:

I just started on 6/10 also....I do not have the strips to check if I am in ketosis or not, but I have a strange taste in my mouth today and I dropped 5 pounds so I think I am.

I am giving this diet a try because I do not lose much weight at all when I simply go on a calorie reduction diet... I lost very well that way when I was younger but not anymore.

I am really hoping this works because I am very tired of being fat.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 09:05
Registered Member

Stats: 222/197/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 60%
Default Another *Newbie* Here

My LC "mentor" turned me onto this site over a week ago, and I've been addicted ever since. I so look forward to being able to share and chat with all the wonderful members.

Everyone has such great advice, and it's refreshing to hear that I am not the "only" one going through LC down phases. I've been on LC for about 6 weeks and am down 19 pounds!! Still going strong...

Take care everyone, I'm thrilled to be a member, finally!!!!

#105   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 11:53

Stats: 245/243/200 Female 5' 4"
BF:

Thanks for the welcome! I'm attempting the LC plan again in hope that I can succeed.