Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 20:53

Plan: Personal
Stats: 225/212/205 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

I'm in London, and just started low-carbing for a second time recently. The first time was done over a year ago, with some great success, but over time I slacked off huge and the weight has returned with a vengence.

I was at Sobey's today, and saw that they sell the Atkins bars in their organic food section.

I get my pork rinds at Bulk Barn or Bulk Barrel, depending which mall you're closer to.

One thing I'm having a hard time finding are the Ketostix. Where are these available? I've looked at Shopper's Drug Mart, but I don't think they carry them
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 21:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Talking Hi!!!!!!!!!

Try Wal-Mart, that's where I get my keto-stix.....Celina
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 21:49

BF:

Thanks! I'll check there tomorrow!! Which section should I look in?
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 11:15

Talking HELLO...........

You can get them behind the prescription counter. I asked for them and they are usually with the diabetic stuff. The person behind the counter let me look at a few of them, cause of course, i wanted the ones that detected ketones....Good Luck!!!!!!!!Celina
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 10:26

Stats: 192/172/153 Female 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default London low carb stuff

Walmart is now carrying EOS premade lowcarb shakes. The Dundas East one has Vanilla and the Fanshawe Park Road one has Strawberry and Chocolate. My Shoppers Drug Mart has them but they are $3.00 more per pack (four in a pack). They are a quick cold and filling breakfast, which is the one meal I have big problems with (I don't eat eggs). Walmart also has a variety of lowcarb bars at reasonable prices.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 20:26

Talking Nora_

Thanx so much for the Wal-Mart info, about the premade shakes. I too have trouble with breakfast and can't stand eggs. It will be awesome to take them on trips and fishing also....Thanx again...If you have any more info. Let's us all know...Celina
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 19:20

BF:

I saw the EAS shakes today at Walmart (White Oaks) and all they had left was Vanilla. I guess the other flavours are pretty popular. $10 for 4 shakes is a bit expensive though, so for now I'll stick with my big container of protein powder and make my own shakes.

But thanks for letting us know where to find them! I'll keep them in mind for road trips!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-03, 13:39

BF:

Hi,
Just thought I would let fellow Londoners know I picked up Sorbees sugar-free chocolate syrup at A&P at Cheapside and Adelaide. This is the first time they have carried it so I snapped one up for around $4.00. I also think the Sorbees peanut butter cups are some of the best around. This stuff is available in the health food section of A&P near the organic cooler. The also have sugar free candy in their bulk food section.

Nora
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 14:42

Stats: 205/191/165 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi,

I like Hunt's Juicy Gels (Single serving jello in a cup). The sugarless variety is sweetened with Splenda and has only 1g Carb per Cup. I buy them at Walmart (Fanshawe Park Road) and A&P (Sherwood Forest Mall) in London.

I can't taste the difference between these and regular Jello.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 08:08

Stats: 165/137/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Hello neighbours! I'm in the thriving metropolis of Ingersoll

I have bought Jicama and 'Yam' noodles at the asian grocery store on Hamilton Rd recently. I make special trips to Stratford to get the Splenda sweetened Oscar's flavoured syrups at Zehrs (Aisle 10!) and my local grocery store carries an extensive selection of Bob's Red Mill products, including Flax meal, Flax seed, and TVP. So does anybody know if the Slimfast Low Carb shakes/bars are available in Canada?

Cheers!
Joanne
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 14:10

BF:
Default Low Carb Bread at Costco

Wow, am I excited. The new Costco on Wonderland Road has Carbwise bread by Dempsters, 6 net grams per slice. The bread comes in a bag with two regular size loaves. I can't remember the price but it is under $5 I think.

I can't wait to have a sandwich with 12g for two slices of bread.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 18:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

The Dempsters bread is available in a lot of stores with varying prices. Walmart has it at 2.67 , Sobeys did have it on for 2 for $5.00, and Zehr's has another version at 3.49. They also have Atkins approved bagels and frozen bread, but they are 5.99 a package/loaf but have 3 effective carbs per slice for the bread. Not sure on the bagels. THe Woodstock Zehrs had the frozen in the bakery section.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 20:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/200/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello fellow canadians, I live in Waterford, by Brantford where low carb products are costly and hard to find, I have been on induction for 6 weeks now -why?- I am impressed with the 2 pounds a week I am saying goodbye too!! I did find Atkins bread and bagels in Zehrs but are they ever expensive!! thanks for the info on SND I looked it up on the web and got the locations going to check it out with a friend next week, can any one answer a question? when a bar or product states that it has 0 sugar carbs is that a good thing?
I start my day with a shake made by Carborite (french Vanilla is awsome) with only 3 carbs, I buy them at GNC with a gold card they are 23.99 you get 11 shakes out of them, I am looking for more Carborite products like the bars does anyone have a location for them?
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 17:18

Plan: Isocaloric
Stats: 205/193/195 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

The best place for Atkins in London is SND (or GNC) and they have some pretty good prices. I know the Herc's store has some low-carb stuff, but don't carry Atkins (not sure why they don't). They have similar prices to SND for most stuff (sometimes better) and the parking is much better, since the store isn't downtown.

And to the person who went to Sangster's, I've had some bad experiences there myself.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 11:05

Plan: Isocaloric
Stats: 205/193/195 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

I went to Lite On Carbs on Saturday, and have decided I no longer have any need to go to SND or GNC anymore.

There are only two stores for low-carbs I will go to in London now. Herc's (I live around the corner, good selection and great prices) and Lite On Carbs (good prices, great selection and will have whatever Herc's doesn't). Whatever they don't have at Herc's I will get at LOC. (Herc's is better for protein powders and stuff like that though, with better prices and parking than SND).