Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 20:30

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

Welcome CJ!
are you also using fitday? It is highly recommended!

look forward to seeing your progress!
d
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 22:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/150/120
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default Hi Deze

Thanks for the welcome. Have you been doing BFL for long?

I have been using fitday and am happy to be keeping track of my food with it. I was doing Atkins for a couple of weeks but with the cardio I was doing, combined with low calorie intake - I was dragging. So I have upped my carbs and calories a bit and judging from what I have read here I will likely need to up them a bit more once I get started doing BFL (I usually take in about 1600 calories, but only about 7% carbs).

It is SUCH a relief to have an exercise plan. I've always floundered in that area, despite being an athlete in high school and college. Cardio here and there, weights here and there. Nothing consistent and no substantial benefits.

Looking forward to checking in with all of you, watching your progress and making some of my own.

Now back to that book!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 06:28

Plan: LC & BFL
Stats: 214/175/150 Female 5'6
BF:will/update/:)
Progress: 61%

More BFL'ers!

You are going to love it! Today is my "free" day...Not eating-wise for me but exercise-wise & I miss my workout already.

I am starting Week 3 tomorrow. I feel terrific!
I'm so happy to have all this company doing BFL.

I'm anxious to hear about everyone's progress with this program.

Have a great day!

Leslie
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 23:11

Hey gang!
Hope everyone is still hangin in there!

CJ,
I started Atkins in July, dropped 10 lbs and have stayed the same weight since. I just started BFL week 4 today, but already see how my body has changed. I have gone from a size 12 to a size 8 and am really enjoying the process.

Things I have noticed since being on LC WOL:

no backaches (I had lower disc problems)
no puffy eyes when I wake up in the morning
no tiredness during the day
no bloated feeling.

anyway, the backaches and the puffy eyes are amazing concepts to me, I always thought my eyes would be puffy from water retention from too much salt or something-- anyway, I feel so great since I have changed my eating. Also, BFL gives great focus and structure to my workouts!

Yesican,
looks like we are taking the same days for our freedays, I cant sit still on free days, it feels weird not exercising.. although I must admit yesterday I did have a little 20min nap due to tender muscles.... it feels great though!!

talk to ya soon,
j
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 07:40

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hello BFLers.
Well I started today! 7 am for my UBWO. I think I was at too high of a weight for a few things, but other than that I did ok.

I think these first few days are goign to be an experiment with food (Ive been doing atkins but for BFL have to add a few more carbs and a bit scared to do so ) and also weights! I was going to the gym every day for a while there and havent been in over one month-well let me tell you, I felt it this morn!

Hope you all have a wonderful week! I think this was a good week for me to start since I am motivated and will make it through Thanksgiving!

Vicki
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 08:00

BF:
Default need to revise that start date...

Good Morning Everyone (at least it's morning here in Washington, DC),

I definitely was NOT prepared for the planning that is necessary with BFL. I got the book on Friday and figured I would start the program on Saturday (despite the fact that I was going out of town for the weekend!). So, I am back home, read the entire book, going to print out some of the worksheets from the BFL website, get some glutamine, and really lay my plan out in front of me before I jump in head first. I have such a tendency to jump on the next bandwagon full speed and then burn out. With this program though, I want to do it right and so I am slowing down a bit.

I am about to move in three weeks and I know that moving is so stressful for me - I always put on a few pounds. I thought that perhaps this wasn't the best time to start a new exercise program, but in fact, I think this is a good time. If I know that I have committed myself to taking care of myself first, then I think moving and not totally stressing out will be that much easier. I am hoping that BFL will help me devote that time to my well being that I need, especially during stressful times!

So I am revising my start date to today for the first UBWO.

Have a good week!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 18:29

CJ!
good for you for going for it!

Something I found helpful was to use a three ring binder with all the 1,2,3,... tabs using them for each week. I keep it organized and also print my fitday for the day on the back of my food sheet, that way I can go back and see why my calories, or whatever was what it was, also just to compare where my potential 'problem' areas were. I also keep a section at the back with recipes and other notes regarding training, hints, posts from others etc... it seems to work okay, it makes it easy.

Also, packing the night before helps too.

maybe you already do all this...

you will get into the swing of it in no time, and probably be really missing the workouts on your freeday!

Good luck with your move, maybe it will be an excellent transition!

cheers,
j
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 07:54

BF:

Deze
Thanks for a good idea. I did get a three ring binder.
Well, I did the first cardio workout today and I love it! 20 minutes goes by so quickly and its easy to keep myself motivated through the harder levels because I know its only X minutes until I get an interval break.

Still having a bit of a weird mental prob adding some carbs back into the menu, but Nat is helping me out I may go sneak a peak at your menus Deze...hope you dont mind!

Have a great day all! I LOVE BFL!!!!

I posted my before pics on my bedroom mirror--didnt want to do it on the fridge in case we have company Everyday I want to stay in bed and not get up to go to the gym, Ill look at those pics...argh.

vicki
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 08:58

BF:
Default Good tips deze!

I actually had just put all my worksheets into a three ring binder yesterday, before I read your note. I like the idea of putting in my fitday stats too.

Well, I am in C1W1D2 and happy to get this underway. My first cardio was today too. My goodness, it did go by quickly! I will have to get used to the idea of just 20 minutes. I usually loathe cardio so the short time is welcome.

I have to tweak my food too - little anxious about adding carbs (OK, alot anxious). Sounds like I am only working against myself if I don't.

OK, over and out for now.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 11:28
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

It may be a little late in the thread for this, but count me in! I started my first week last sunday with lowerbody w/o. (that makes thursdays me free day and I may switch to wed) I'm getting used to the nutrition aspect, but so far the workouts are on. Maybe this week is my first "true" week as I missed a cardio. BUT I am looking forward to gaining a ton of muscle and hopefully stripping away some of my belly. I'll take before pics tonight. My stats say I've reached goal - that only means goal weight, not bodyfat. I'm 5 10" and think 150 is good, perhaps even more when I've got the kind of muscle I want. I can stand to lose quite a bit of fat on my stomach and back of my upper hips. So I am not actually at goal, though I weigh what I want to.

This is exciting! All of you who post results are so inspiring.
Meg

ps: does anyone else have a major gas prob since adding carbs? It seems that my stomach is always in a turmoil and I'm always running out of the room no matter what kind of carbs I eat. <sigh> I don't want to be stinky. Any solutions/suggestions? Actually the ONLY carb that doesn't make me go nuts is potatoes.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 16:54

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 231/177/140 Female 60 inches
BF:45/41/25
Progress: 59%
Talking In for a penny...

Hey everyone!

It is C1W2D9 for me. I think that each time I go back to the gym I get things a little more "right". I don't think that I have it completely right, (my body doesn't hurt as much as I expected), but I am getting there. I look forward to seeing the new me in 12 weeks!

BTW, I want to thank all of you guys for your journals and the gift of information. I had never heard of BFL until I started lurking on in this forum. Thanks to all of the regulars, I was convinced that I could do this. It is sooo great to see all of the suppor that goes on around here!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 18:47

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Meg, re being in a gasseous state - something I picked up from my carb up CKD days, beano the stuff really works. I used it with every meal for the first two weeks of higher carbs and then was able to scale it down. The gas is still there, but usually it's related to the refried beans on tex-mex night (or the smarties post workout)

CLo, Nice to see you 'delurking'

Nat
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 19:49

Default Week 4 results...

okay,
results of week 4.....

in comparing the before and after pics, the only diff is my hair!! it is time for another haircut!!!! I cant see much diff, didnt actually really expect to, but I dont even look more toned. The measurements show nothing either, except my wrists, which are now .3 inches smaller... weird!

Anyway, it is neat to see comparison pics though, I look forward to the 8 and 12 marks...

How is everyone else doing thus far???
j
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Dec-06-02, 08:23

BF:

Hi Deze!
Dont give up! You know how it is. I found that I lost 22 lbs before anyone even noticed. Then all of a sudden out of the blue, everyone started to say something. Even last week I was shopping and after 50 lbs, I STILL cant fit a pair of jeans properly. Dont give up. I bet after another 4 weeks you will be able to see a nice difference!!
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 08:34

Plan: LC & BFL
Stats: 214/175/150 Female 5'6
BF:will/update/:)
Progress: 61%

Deze,

I just know you are going to be one of those amazing 8-10 week results BFL people.

You keep it up!

I am beginning Week #5 & already looking forward to Challenge #2! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way I feel.

I am happy with my end of Week #4 results (some of us-yes me!- had more to lose in inches to begin with!)

I will not be blown away by a stiff wind anytime soon but I may get into a sleeveless top by Summer.