Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 11:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default PM Box

I'm not sure if this is a topic we've covered before or not....but I know some folks have trouble clearing out their private message box. (I've been asked 2 times about this).

Wa'il or Doreen, perhaps you could explain to the whole group exactly what has to be done. i.e. different places to look, the number we are allowed, etc. You guys are the experts and rather than have me mess up the instructions, I'm passing this along. I know Doreen had to help me the first time. If this is already some place on the forum and I'm having an over forty moment...sorry.

I may be the "guru" of the computers at the office, but on the low carb board...it's a whole new world.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 12:00

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default funny you should mention it....

I had to email Wa'il about emptying out my pm box last night! I have deleted all in the folders (inbox and sent) but it still says I have 0 new and 9 total..... hmmm???

Any info Wa'il would be greatly appreciated!!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 12:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Glad you mentioned it, Sharon. I had reply be email to many who reported this problem:

Problem: PM is full, they deleted messages from the inbox, and it still says full.

Solution: Go to your PM page, and look for "Jump to folder" scroll bar. Visit each folder, and delete any unwanted messages.

Fern, the numbers indicate that you have 0 messages in the inbox, and 9 messages in other folders.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please let me know all the details of what you did and what it says

Wa'il
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 12:21
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

The default Page View is to show messages from the last 10 days, so any PM's you may have older than that will not show on the page, but will definitely still be there in your Inbox/Sent Folder. If you open the menu box "Show All messages from .." and click on a longer time period, such as From the beginning, you'll see the complete list of all the messages you have in your folder.

Going through one by one is fine, but time consuming, unless there is a particular message that you wish to save. I copy my important messages (such is detailed info and links to webpages etc) in a folder on my Desktop .. then delete.

If you want to delete all the messages, you can do so with one click ... on the Inbox page, in the (pink) header bar, right below the jump box Wa'il mentioned, you'll see a little box ... if you put a check in that box, it will select ALL the messages, including the ones older than 10 days that you don't see .... then at the bottom, choose Delete, and voilą, Inbox is emptied. Go to your Sent folder and do the same.

There is room for each member to have 10 messages total from ALL folders not just Inbox. Think about it, if the 15,000+ members all have full PM boxes .. this takes up a HUGE amount of space on the server ...

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 12:23
Forum Founder

Good point Doreen, I totally forgot the 10 day thing as well

Wa'il
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 12:30

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Default :) thanks Wa'il and Doreen!

Silly me..... I had deleted my sent folder but only from the last 10 days!!! ugh... sometimes my brain is just complete mush! So, I'm all clear now! THANKS AGAIN!!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 12:33
Forum Founder

BF:
Red face gosh, I seem to be thinking in bits and pieces today ..

Forgot to mention ... for folks having troubles sending PM's ... the database cannot send the message if the recipient's PM folders are full. The database will also NOT be able to send if your OWN boxes are full, so you need to make sure that YOU have room before you try to send a PM to another member.

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 14:18

BF:
Progress:
Default thanks

Thanks for the detailed information Doreen and Wa'il....good for us "old" timers....and good for newbies!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 18:53

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

thanks for this thread!! my pm sent folder was full!! i'd emptied my inbox, but i never, ever thought of the sent box! it must have had 15 entries! i've deleted them all. i know now to check the sent box in the future as well as the inbox!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 21:21
Forum Founder

BF:
Smile Sent Folder

Wa'il reminded me of another useful way to keep your PM folders freed up .... When you are typing up a PM to send - just below the message box and above the Send Message button, you'll see where you can Uncheck the box to save a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder. This is handy if you really don't need to have a copy of the message saved.

Hope this helps

Doreen
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 23:58

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Lightbulb Understand now

Next step: go clear out my PM box.

Very useful thread. Thanks for starting it Sharon.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 12:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 249/230/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hello there, I have a question concerning sending private messages. I have read all the responses and questions concerning this topic and I am still dumbfounded. A.K.A. computer illiteracy. I don't understand when you say you have to go to your box. I am on the aoltv and am very new to this. How do I go about getting in this area so I can view my messages and also send pm's. Please help if you would I am so lost and confused. Thank-you Sabrina
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 12:45
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrina
Hello there, I have a question concerning sending private messages. I have read all the responses and questions concerning this topic and I am still dumbfounded. A.K.A. computer illiteracy. I don't understand when you say you have to go to your box. I am on the aoltv and am very new to this. How do I go about getting in this area so I can view my messages and also send pm's. Please help if you would I am so lost and confused. Thank-you Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

Access to PM is will be activated once members are "active" (have 25 posts or more):

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=23911

Wa'il
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:37

BF:
Progress:
Default messages

Wa'il or Doreen, could you please verify now many messages are allowed in total in our mailboxes (either sent or received). I thought we could have up to 15. Today I had a problem because I had 12.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-03-02, 16:43
Forum Founder

BF:

Sharon, the limit was reduced to 10 messages total in all folders with one of the vB upgrades that took place some time ago. Sorry.

Doreen