1. Have you read the book for, and followed your chosen plan to the letter for at least a month? No digression in the food front at all? No skipping meals?
Yes, Yes, Yes.
2. Do you figure out your carbs/calories each day? Do you use a carb counter or a program like fitday.com? Or if you canít be bothered with micro-managing, do you know what your critical carbohydrate level is and eat accordingly?
Yes I use fitday
3. Do you regularly drink alcohol?
4. Are you scale or Ketostix obsessed? Compulsively weighing or using Ketostix will make the process seem slower and more erratic than it actually is. If you must weigh yourself everyday, chart your daily weight and figure out a weekly average. Donít take it personally. Itís only a hunk of metal and a piece of plastic.
No I haven't used a Ketostix in months and I only weigh once a week.
5. Are you trying to do a low fat version of your chosen plan?
6. Have you been a yo-yo dieter? People who have severely restricted their calories in the past due to low-fat or calorie restricted dieting may find it difficult to lose weight initially. In this case, using low-carb as part of the process of metabolic healing will help. You will lose fat once your body learns to trust what youíre doing. Persistence will pay off.
7. Are you consuming any or all of these items on a regular basis? If you are, stop consuming them one at a time, for at least two weeks to see if it initiates weight loss.
ē Processed meats, including bacon
ē Cheese and dairy products
ē Nuts and Nut Butters
ē Peanuts and Peanut Butter
ē Artificial Sweeteners
ē Diet Drinks
ē Protein Bars
ē Low carb food products that imitate high carb food
ē Eating a wide combination of food in one day
ē Overly salty foods? For example pork rinds? Processed meats?
ē Sugar Alcohols
I am currently doing a two week fast of caffeine and sugar alcohols. I eat cheese and dairy. I drink maybe one can of diet Rite a day. I have pork skins but not daily.
8. Are you drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day, plus 8 more ounces for every 25 pounds you want to lose?
64 minimum and trying for higher, sudceeding a few times a week. I hate water, I use the pork skins to make me drink water.
9.. Prescription drugs or hormones which impede weight loss:
ē estrogens and most synthetic HRT's including birth control pills
ē Anti-depressant drugs - Insulin and insulin stimulating drugs
ē Anti-arthritis medications including steroids
ē Diuretics and beta blockers
10. Underactive thyroid (hypothyroid) function which can be present when blood tests indicate no abnormalities
Had it checked a few years back.
11. Ovewrgrowth of the yeast organism Candida albicans.
12. Often overlooked but are you getting enough sleep? Or, are you going through an unusually stressful period? Stressing over what is perceived as lack of progress, being to hard on yourself and obsessing on scales or Ketostix is stressful.
Yes I get a minimum of 8 hours
I'm going on like 10 weeks with only a 1lb loss. I have a fitday journal if anyone would like to look.
I've been told to go back to Induction but I don't know how that would help if I haven't screwed up enough to come out of Ketosis?? In December I had a tiny bit of cake for my bday and two days later I checked to be sure I was back in Ketosis. I haven't cheated since! I don't know if I should do Induction again, change plans to I don't know what... or just keep going like I am.