Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 13:02

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/219/145
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Dr. Atkins products

I have been on the diet 4 days now. I have lost 6 pounds. I went on Dr. Atkins in the 70's and lost 85 pounds in 6 months. You may need to order direct from manufacturer. That is what I do for several products. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 15:50
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 281/272/205 Male 68.5 inches
BF:29/28/10
Progress: 12%

a true pioneer in your country, inspiritational. the diet not to hard here in the south, south carolina that is. eggs, fatback, liver mush. and my favorite chittlings(pig intestines) all high fat, low protein, and no carbs. hope you stick to your guns, and good luck.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 17:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/150/119
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default 2 Days and no Burn HELP

Hi Fiona

This is Great what you have done in only 4 days, Iam 4 days into no smoking and 2 days into induction, and my k sticks are negative and I do belive that I have eaten and drank all the right things, I dont want to put on weight ,Ive had abit of cheese 0 carbs chicken grilled and chicken fried in veg oil eggs cooked in butter tin of salmon 2 100gm macadema nuts 1ech day and 2 cups of salad with full fat mayo, water decaff coffee with cream sweetex and vitamins but they have 0 carbs. What might I be doing wrong.

Take Care

Carol
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-02, 22:08

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Carol,

It may be that you are doing nothing wrong, and I certainly cannot see much wrong with your food listing. (I have a slight reservation about the sweetex though).

Keto sticks are not always accurate in the early stages, and there are good reasons why some people find weight does not start falling off immediately. One is water retention. Another is exchanging fat for muscle, which weighs more and is caused by a higher protein diet.

Start a journal in the Bootcamp/Journal section, and we can keep a closer eye on things for you.

But believe me, you are doing everything right, and if you continue, the weight will come off. If you give up, it never will. Don't worry, each person reacts differently to the change of diet, it will come right in the end.

Andy
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 05:46
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Andy,

Thank you for replying to my plea for help so quickly, it gave me just the boost I needed, and I got on the scales this morning and was overjoyed to see that I'd lost a couple of pounds, now Im happy to carry on with the diet and my no smoking plan I know its not easy at first but this somthing that i have to achive,
Thanks once again and maybe I'll just use the scales for awhile.

Take Care
Carol from Liverpool

Patience is a Virtue
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 22:06

BF:
Default Are you a Liver Bird?

Hi Carol,

Delighted about the weight loss. Now what you need to do is to amend your statistics (click on the "profile" icon under your last post, then "Edit Profile" once you are in. Then scroll down to the "current weight" box, and put in the new weight - in pounds, not stones!)

And are you a Liver Bird? My maternal grandmother came from Liverpool, and a great friend of mine came from Southport.

Things are on the upswing now - losing weight, plenty of friendly support. You can do this.

Andy
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 05:25
Registered Member

BF:

Good Morning Andy

Yes Iam aLiver Bird but I have also nested in other parts of the world over the years, but I always end up back in Liverpool, I have taken your advice and have now made boot camp.

Got to go somone on the phone speak later

cheers carol.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 22:43

BF:

To Boot Camp it is then...
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 11:43

Stats: 238/185/150 Female 5 ft.5in.
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi my name is Pattie
I just found your group and you look like a great bunch of people and you all have lots of humor!!
I am now living in Germany and formerly Tacoma Washington
Love to join in from time to time. I love these forums..they sure help me stay inspired and encouraged to keep on going. Far from home but not alone. So nice to have other lc er's to talk with.
Just last week found a site that sales Da Vinci sf syrups!! www.kaffeeshop24.de
wonderful people to work with and shipping great..in Germany ,Netherlands..etc.

Tschuss
Pattie
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 21:53

Stats: 190/179/130 Female 5'3
BF:Lotsa fat!
Progress: 18%
Cool hello need2burn!

hey, u have two now. Im in KL. Nearby KLCC infact. Nice to know someone out there is doing low carb thing too. And HELLO to the rest. Im still doing induction on Atkins. bought the book, the carb counter book (see how serious I am :-))

Anyway, Im down 14Ibs since I started it 2 weeks back. Tell ya..I still have abt 40+ Ibs to go to my ideal weight. I took supplements and started doing the exercise. Might be joining Fitness First too. Im just lazy when it comes to exercise so I need some encouragement to do it.

I share your dilemma. Malaysians are full of carbs! I managed to stay on my new way of eating by having a diffrent mindset now. I hope I am STRONG.

I have not seen rice, noodles or anything carby for 2 weeks...Im in carb rehab :-)
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 21:55

Stats: 190/179/130 Female 5'3
BF:Lotsa fat!
Progress: 18%

low carbing low carbing low carbing low carbing
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 06:13

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmaria
I share your dilemma. Malaysians are full of carbs! I managed to stay on my new way of eating by having a diffrent mindset now. I hope I am STRONG.

I have not seen rice, noodles or anything carby for 2 weeks...Im in carb rehab :-)

hi i'm malaysian and have been LCing so far so good n will always be (hope so!)

i agree that it is hard to LC in malaysia. i havent eaten many things e.g. rice,potato,white,bread or even delicious "kueh" , "apam balik", "murtabak" since god knows when.

its definitely hard to find foods/groceries tailored to LCers here - i found it IMPOSSIBLE (even tho there are some e.g protein bar its way expensive). as alternative i try to find as less carb as i could find and also organic non-processed/non-refined stuff

its good to hear from you guys. could share recommendation etc and how we all survive LCing despite all the delicious fancy high-carb & high-fat foods here. (p/s still love malaysian foods tho just don't eat as much as I'd like to!)
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 21:48

Stats: 285/249/175 Male 5 ' 9 "
BF:40%/38%/25%
Progress: 33%

Have you found any low carb products or raw materials in the UAE?
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 07:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/275/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:

this is a great thread, hi all!

I am in Cornwall England and love the fact that we can all be all over the world and still be in touch, I can picture people as I read their notes...

I am trying to lose some of what I put on on holiday but I have about 120 pouds to lose so this is a long term plan and I need lots of support!

It is not easy to get low carb stuff here so I am eating organic and thinking healthy, this time I will get there!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-04, 21:46

Stats: 210/210/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Well what a good surprise

Hi all, am I relieve to know there are malaysians who has been sucessful in losing some pounds on such diet.

I need your support as I have started but stopped after only two days cos I don't know what to eat as I am not a cook cos I don't have the time to cook.

Please dear malaysians tell me tell me what you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner to stay on this diet in malaysia. Tolong.

The food here is too tempting and I have been brought up on lots of carbo.

Need your support and help badly.