Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 11:33
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins/Sugar Busters
Stats: 198.5/185/130
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default where do you get thes pills?

is this aprescription medication or is this over the counter? Xenadrine sounds great. I wonder if there are contraindications to taking glucophage 1500mg a day with it for my PCOS. Please let me know. I am curious!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 17:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/130/115
BF:
Progress: 40%

Trz GNC ...they should carry them
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 18:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133/133/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 28.00 per bottle

let us know. if its worth it
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 21:52
Registered Member

Plan: HFH
Stats: 297/291/200 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

I took Xenadrine once, I thought my heart was gonna break outta my chest it was beating so fast. Regular ephedra had ephedra and caffiene in it.
I've seen other "Ephedra free" pills, that had ma huang in them. Ma huang IS ephedra, just an herbal version.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 23:40

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi everyone!!

I have hit several plateus and can say for me, I grab a Stacker II and head for the gym, and that works. I think it gives me the boost I need to oush myself and increase my heart rate just enough to break out of the plateu.

The Xenadrine EFX is the non-ephedra type. If it is what helps you get over the hump so be it. These pills are quite expensive. Here they are about $40 a month. I buy 100 Stacker II pills for $39.99. Worth it to me because they lasy me forever!!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 10:22

Plan: general
Stats: 172/150/135
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default YIPPEEEEE!

I got so excited about breaking my stall after I read your posts on Xenadrine EFX & bought some on Friday.

Even though its only been 2 days, i've already dropped a pound!! Doesn't SOUND like much, but i'd hit a plateau for QUITE a few weeks and, for me, the one Xenadrine pound is like 5!!!!

I feel re-energized about LC WOL!!!

Thanks to all!!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 16:31

Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I have tried the Xanadrine and find it really gives me energyduring my workout. Every little bit helps as long as it is not harmful!
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 14:15

Plan: Atkins/CKD
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress:
Default ECA

I think this stuff works wonders for some people (myself included). I dont use it all the time, usually for 4 weeks then a long time off. I dont really like the xenadrine because it made me too jittery. I prefer either Ripped Fuel, Diet Fuel or Optimum's Thermo Cuts. I take ephedrine very well....if I hit a plateu, either in weight loss or weightlifting, I go on the stuff for a while, and it gives a bit of an edge.
I haven't heard much feedback on the Ephedra free products hitting the market, it would be nice if they workded well.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 07:17

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Not Dangerous??

So, this stuff is completely different than Xenadrine RFA-1 which is what supposedly killed baseball player, Steve Bechler last week??????
k
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 13:24

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default xenadrine rfa

i started atkins on 1-21-03 and two weeks into it i tried xenadrine rfa and it really got my weight loss going. BUT DO START WITH 2 PILLS AT FIRST START WITH 1 AND WORK YOUR WAY UP TO THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE. YOU should still be careful, am i very careful to make sure i am getting all my fluids and taking vitamins but it does work and work well.

remember this steve belcher who died from heatstroke and possibly taking supplements was doing or not doing the following:

1. did not do his regular training during the summer and was overweight and out of shape and trying to make up for lost time (he tried to make up three months of training in a week)

2. he took more than the recommended dosage.

3. he had not eaten for a day or two prior and probably was not hydrated enough.

so people use your head and go slow when trying them and dont abuse them.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 08:38

Stats: 270/245/220 Male 74 inches
BF:22%/22%/15%
Progress: 50%

i agree with Jedswife, I have taken these pills for about two years, you should start off slow and then climb to the daily dosage. It will make you jittery and wired but that is what it is supposed ot do. Anyheavy coffee drinkers out there? Try a couple of the starbucks drinks, they do the same thing and the world is not critizing them now are they? I played Football for 5 years in Div 1, dehydration will kill you, if these players are out of shape and not taking care of themselves, of course they will have problems. I am still convinced that loosing 30-50 pounds as some of the people that have replied to this post is better for your body than anything.

Anyway, off of my soap box, you all look great.

Annalabeba, where are your before and after pics? I bet they are amazing11
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-19-03, 12:53

Stats: 259/234/160
BF:
Progress: 25%

I have a bottle of the exederine with ephedra do you think it is safe to take it? I took it prior to starting my low carbing but I havent taken it since. I could really use a plateau breaker. Do you think I should buy the ephedra free version and use that instead? Just curious as to which kind everyone is taking. Thanks!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 23:13

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default Xenadrine=angry woman!

I love this stuff.. except it doesn't agree with me. I used to take it every morning before work to help me wake up (I have to get up at 4:30 am) and before I worked out on the weekends.
Then I noticed I was becoming very irritated, annoyed, and intolerant. EVERYTHING was making me mad, and annoyed and I was arguing and picking fignts with the guys in my office, and especially my fiance. I was being SO mean and short with them all for no reason. Then it dawned on me.. it happened every time I took Xenadrine! I also noticed there is a warning for people with thyroid problems (which is me) NOT to take Xenadrine.

I'm tempted to take it sometiems because it supresses my appetite and makes me have abundant energy. But it's not worth it.

Maybe it's because I have hyperthyroidism, I don't know. thought I'd warn all of you just in case!

Sheri
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 06:23
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

I have thyroid disorder too...if you have any thyroid issues you are not supposed to take any metabolism boosters AT ALL. It should say that right on the bottle, in the warnings. Believe me, I have looked into it!
~Michelle
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 11:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171/168/130
BF:
Progress: 7%
Lightbulb

I would love to see your before and after pics also. I really need some encouragement. I lost 4 pounds in the first 6 days or so and nothing since. Sunday will be my 2 weeks of induction and everyone says how much they lose that first two weeks, not me

MODERATOR EDIT: Email address removed, as it contravenes our forum rules.