Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 08:20
Registered Member

Plan: Combo of PP & CKD
Stats: 380/380/195 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yeah.. we will do fine...

I'm about to go out now and do my depletion...then start my carbup, but I'm only doing it for 24 hours with only HIGH GI....I can't do all the candy and such....lol my braces wouldn't like me....lol
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 08:28
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I bought groceries last night and while waltzing through the candy aisle I noticed a bag of smarties. I had to buy some. I had a couple of rolls before my workout. Ahh Smarties - the breakfast of champions!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 09:12

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

LOL.... Do you know I've YET to find smarties anywhere? I did find skittles, though.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 14:30
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
LOL.... Do you know I've YET to find smarties anywhere? I did find skittles, though.

I was in walmart last night .... and I thought I'd look for some just to see what they looked like...I didn't see any at all...really, and before now...I don't think I ever heard of them before now...go figure.

You're in the south right Jalilah....try Winn-dixie...I go there often myself..they usually have that big candy section were you can buy candy by the pound and so on....No...not Winn-dixie..I mean Bruno's.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 14:37

Hi, tyrelle:

We don't have a Brunos, but we do have a Winn Dixie, and they do have a large candy isle.

I posted another thread about not being able to crunch the numbers, so I wont say too much here about it (so as not to repeat myself too much and bore everyone)... but I'm not sure
WHAT to eat now. I can't make the numbers work. And I've had only 2 5oz servings of turkey (at breakfast and lunch), and I've already gone over DOUBLE in my fat intake than I was supposed to! I didn't add any fat at all, and it's not fried or anything like that, but the fat was STILL too high. Also, the calories... same thing... going up REAL fast.

Maybe I shouldn't worry so much about it? I don't know. As it stands right now, either I eat too many calories and fat, or not eat at all the rest of the night so as not to go over anymore.

Sheesh. Okay, so I did go a bit on about it. LOL.. sorry about that.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 14:38

Oh yeah... and I'm SO sleepy!! I mean, nodding off reading stuff on the computer. LOL... I'm totally in a carb fog and I'm thinking...

"Nap. I need a nap."
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 15:17
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Do you have Dollar General or Family Dollar stores in your area? That's my Smarties connection. They look like a small roll of mult-colored, chalky looking lifesavers.
Jalilah - are you using fitday? So much easier than trying to figure out those parameters on your own. Today I did my carb up and it looked like this:
one cup oatmeal with 2 tablespoons honey
one cup skim milk
coffee with no fat creamer
bagel with low fat peanut butter and jelly
one cup pretzels
2 low fat granola bars
more skim milk
5 fig newtons
one frappacino
2 rolls of smarties!
another bagel - just with jelly
one regular Pepsi
one no fat chocolate pudding
And for dinner I will have 2 cups of stew (homemade- yum!), another bagel, another pudding, more milk and a cup of low fat ice cream
All figured in by fit day. A lot of food, I know! I'm about ready to blow up. Funny I don't feel the carb haze like I did last week when I incorporated fruit.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 15:26

Quote:
Originally posted by Iowagirl
Jalilah - are you using fitday? So much easier than trying to figure out those parameters on your own.

Hi, Iowagirl:

I'm jealous of your food! LOL.... I've been following others examples with the skittles, but I had no clue how much to eat, etc.

TrainerDan said to do the sugar the first day, then go the usual LF type diet on day II...where I'll be eating like what you're doing, only without the candy.

I used the CKD parameters calculator to find out what I was supposed to eat, but the numbers don't crunch right.

Yes, I use fitday. Grea site.

Problem is, if I try to get an exact amount of carbs, my calories go way too high. I choose the lowest fat meat I can find and the fat is STILL double because of it (NO added fat either). So to get enough protein, the fat goes way over, and to get enough carbs, the calories go way over.

I'm so frustrated and confused, and I've NO IDEA what to eat the rest of the day.

All I've had is skittles and turkey (5oz at breakfast and 5oz at lunch), and I'm hungry....and I'm wondering what to eat from here on out.
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:34
Registered Member

BF:
Default I can't finish my Carb load!!!!!

Anyone else have problems like that....I can't eat another bite i'm at:

Total Cals 2513
Fat 31
Carbs 418
Protein 128

Goal:

Total Cals 5100
Fat 85
Carbs 900
Protein 193

Do you think If i stop right here...will it hurt my workout?
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 16:50

I certainly don't have your problem!

I'm going to be SO WAY over my limits today just trying to eat normally.

Bottom line: I have NO IDEA how to do this!!
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 17:04
Registered Member

BF:

Jalilah,

You know the Carbing up on the cyclical Ketogenic Diet has a simple table that you can follow...i mean it's really simple that's what i'm going off of. I can understand it better myself...maybe if you take a look ~ it...it'll give u a better understand of the carb up face.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 17:18

The table set by the CKD parameter calculator? That's the one I'm following. It tells you the macronutrient amounts, but not what to eat. Unless you're talking about another table that I'm not aware of??

Also, I just discovered (aside from the sugar-laden brain fog) that I made a mistake at fitday when I made the "customized food" for skittles. I don't know WHAT I was thinking, but I put in the fat grams per serving of skittles as 40g instead of 2.5. WHAT a difference! Well, it made a difference in the fat grams for the day (I'm safely under the limit), but the calories are blown... so, I'm just going with the flow now and doing low fat and trying not to get too excited about it all.

So...is there another table you were talking about?
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 17:21
Registered Member

BF:

The table that i'm talking about is under the "Summary of Guidelines for the Carb-Load section" and there's a Figure 1 and Figure 2 with the heading "Summary of nutrient intake during the first 24 hours......and second 24 hours" It's near the end of the article.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 17:27

Sounds like what the CKD calc. shows. It has the tables with everything you can think of that you'd need to know about, but no suggested foods...which is what I really need now.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Sep-13-02, 17:42
Registered Member

BF:

Ohhhh ok...have you check out the GI list...
Look ~ these links...I found them helpful:

http://www.mendosa.com/dws-gi_list.htm
http://www.mendosa.com/advanced_GI_GL_data.xls.

I'm only eating HIGH GI 'cause i'm only doing it for 12 hrs...I hope that helps