Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 448/358/295 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Talking you go lizzy

you go for it lizzy that is awsome!

I also know what you mean about them damn movie theater seats...god for bid you have a cell phone r key in your pockets!!

they are fitting much better now though!
just wish there wasmore knee rooms LOL!

anyhoo keep it up!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 21:49
Registered Member

Stats: 237/196/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I'm going to go to Victoria Secret, Nordstrom, K-Mart whatever and buy some underwear that has some intact elastic in it. These saggy old parachutes of mine are getting on my nerves and after dropping more than 50 pounds thus far, they are starting to effect the way I walk. I feel a bit of a dope sashaying into a room with my new trimmer figure and having to stop periodicaly to pull my drawers up.
Honestly though, I have been buying new clothes (trousers, shirts etc.) up a storm the last few weeks, but I haven't had the nerve to get new underwear - the final frontier, I guess.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-03, 15:56

Stats: 200/182/125
BF:
Progress: 24%

This is what keeps me going!

1.] My grandparents are buying me a new wardrobe when I reach my goal!

2.] Being able to wear whatever I want, and not have to worry about fretting in the mirror over the large fat bulges.

3.] Be the first to jump into a bikini, and go "let's get the party started".

4.] Be healthy. (the most important one, of course)

5.] Seeing people's faces that haven't seen me in ages. Yes, that is why I'm enjoying this so much.

6.] Anyone who ever thought I didn't have the willpower to stick with this, was VERY wrong.. and I'm ready to flaunt the proof.

That's my list. I am tons happy right now. I love my body. I love my life. I love me.. so, when I reach my goal weight, you won't be able to dampen my mood for anything.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-03, 15:00

Stats: 165/156/125
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hello all,

Its amazing how our goals are so smiliar - to take pride in our new bodies and flaunt our hard earned reward !
Here is my list when I reach my goal size;

(1) Book my long dreamed of trip to Australia
(2) On the way from the travel agency, stop at the Bikin Village and pick out a cute string bikin to wear on Australian beaches
(3) Make my way to the tanning salon to get a bit of a tan so I dont burn there.
(4) Head on down to the hairdressers to streak my hair. For some reason, I wouldnt really let myself streak my hair or do anything drastically different to improve my look because I always thought that it would be useless if im not thin... stupid huh.
(5) Consider buying some other new clothes, but that can wait, since all I will really need in Australia's gold coast is a bikin ! Just joking .. Id get some nice clothes that ARENT from old lady or plus stores.
(6) Stand in front of the mirror and ooh and ahhh at my new form, on average of about ten times a day .
(7) Send a picture to my aunt overseas who always comments on how "healthy" i look (or used to look , when i get there )

Thats all I can think of for now *daydreaming* . This kind of topic really motivates me !!!

Carrie
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 15:15

Plan: SB/Mod Atkins
Stats: 235/225/150
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default what would I do?!

Im 23 years old about to graduate college in may and what I would do is...

1. run around the house naked (as I have never been able to do that w/o grossing myself out)

2. Buy something from Victoria's Secret w/o having the sales person say umm I dont think we carry that size

3. Enjoy life and the fact that I accomplished one of the hardest things I ever set out to do!!!!!!!!!

I know that we all can meet our goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is to remodeling the outsides of our temples!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-03, 12:44
Registered Member

Plan: Healthpointe Lean for Life
Stats: 193/165.5/128 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Oh yes, it will be great!

I am going to visit my fiance - whom I got together with when I was at my largest, and he loved me anyway God bless him (that's how I knew he was right for me and loved me as a person, not a body!!!) - down in Jackson, TN at his college.

Not only do I want to surprise him, but I want to give him the chance to show off his hottie fiancee to his friends!!!

Keep it up folks - they're only visions now, but how wonderful it will be when we get there!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 17:45

Stats: 241/200/155 Female 5 foot 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

My goal is kind of corny, but it's something that means a lot to me.
I'd like to be at my goal weight (actually.. just fit enough) to get a tattoo for my eighteenth birthday (October 15). My reasoning is that it will signify me being secure enough with myself to do it. Everytime I look at the tattoo I want to be reminded of all the hard work I will have done and all of the weight I will (hopefully) have lost. I also want to maintain my weight from that point on. Nothing is worse than a streched out tattoo, right?
I want to go to the prom next year, too. That was actually my reasoning behind dieting in the first place.. I'm not that concerned with going to the prom, but I missed out on so much fun because I couldn't get a date. All my friends went, and I know it's not a big deal, but I still felt cheated. I figure that by next year I'll have no problem snagging a date. This diet is not only helping me get fit, it's also boosting my confidence and allowing me to believe in myself. I have very low self-esteem, too. Everyone has noticed how happy I am recently, and that makes me feel good.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 15:37

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

Wow!! We are all so alike that its crazy!!!! Ok heres what I want to do.

1) Go buy the most expensive/sexiest/skimpiest bathing suit that I can find!!!!!!!!!!! AND WEAR IT!!!!!!

2) Book a short 3 day 2 night cruise with my boyfriend and BRING THAT BATHING SUIT!!!!!!!!

3) Since I figured I would be at goal by the time Labor Day, me and my friend have arranged to go shopping for all new clothes since there should be some good sales going on. Im saving up $$$ now! Im going to load up on SHORTS (i have not been in any in about 2 years casue I cant stand how they ride up in the middle), skirts, jeans, and alot of cute tank tops and such.

4) PARRRRRTTTAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!!!!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 20:34

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 170/155/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

OMG... I'm gonna buy 50 million cute, sexy string bikinis and flaunt it at the pool and beach and flirt like crazy (actually... I already do this but it'll be more fun when I'm skinnier ). Then I'm putting on short booty shorts and a cute tan colored tank top (I look really good in tan but I always feel like I look too big in it) and go to the mall and shop for cute outfits.

People have told me I could be a model if I lost weight... in a way it's a compliment but it's also kinda mean and it always made me feel bad. Anyway, I DID buy a bathing suit today to wear until I get to my goal weight... it's an adorable tankini from old navy and it looks great. not much longer before bikini time

I bought a membership to the tanning bed and have been tanning for a week now so I look nice and tan . My hair is really blonde already but I used the sun-in hair spray lightener to give me some more highlights. I'm so happy with myself right now. and let me tell you... a big tan stomach is a hell of alot prettier than a big white stomach.

I'm gonna take a bunch of pics and post on the site. (before and after).

I'm also gonna go buy some really cute shirts like my best friend (who is super skinny and just gorgeous) wears. I'm finally gonna look as good, if not better, than her .

I CAN'T WAIT
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 15:14

Stats: 327/327/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hmm, I'd go out and buy new clothes like everybody else. Then I'm getting my belly button pierced and a couple of tattoos. Also I'll be e-mailing a picture of the new me to several guys that have done/said some nasty things to me in the past. Finally, I'm flying up to NYC trying to audition for a job at MTV
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 15:42

BF:
Default good luck all

Kepp up the great work, and you will be successfull

good luck with the MTV thing
i have always wanted to be there as well, but i think skinny i still would not have the look!

well I just want a movie carear so I hope hollywood calls!!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 20:37

Stats: 327/327/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks Nathan
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 04:46

Plan: my own
Stats: 140/137.5/120
BF:
Progress: 13%

My goals are just like everybody else's.

Goal numero uno: Get a god damn boy friend! I swear I'm going to abduct the first guy I see.

#2: Dance ballet again. I quit about 4 years ago, and I miss it soo much.

#3: The obligatory get-a-new-wardrobe goal. It'll be nice to wear what I want, and not what I think hides my body the best... (total side note: I have this black, 3/4's length coat that I wear all the freakin time. Covers all trouble spots. I've been asked if I'm a model while wearing it. I'm going to set it on fire the day I weigh 120!)

#4: Go to the beach in an actual swim suit.

#5: Get a nose job. How's that for originality? Seriously, I've wanted one pretty much all my life. Now that I can finally afford it, I want to wait until I'm thin again. I just can't see myself walking into that doctor's office with the extra pounds. Go figure.

#6: Maybe get a tattoo. I go back and forth on this one. I really want one to commemorate reaching my goals...
What kind of tat are you getting twostars? I always envisioned some kind of black work thing, probably on my back somewhere for myself.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 08:14

BF:
Default goals

I think one of my goals is to get a boy friend...wait I mean a Girl friend LOL!

any takers LOL!

I need a new wardrobe now, but I am waiting till i hit my goal!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 08:21

Plan: Lower Carb/glycemic foods
Stats: 179.5/163.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking I love this topic!

Who doesn't day dream about what they would do at goal???

I was at goal once, during my first time in college and haven't seen it since. I'm 28 by the way, but still a student graduating with my BS in four weeks!

My husband is already drooling over me because I haven't hit this low since before my second daughter who is now two. That is three years since he saw me at my steady 158 weight which I weighed for about two years. The lowest he has seen me is 128, so all I have to do is make it there to send him over the edge

When I get to goal I'm buying a bikini and some sexy stylish clothes to show off what I have achieved. I LOVE to look good and I haven't for a long time. I can't wait to see my friends (we only hang out once every couple of months because of the kids and the distance) because they all used to think I was very pretty and then I had to kids and blimped out. They wouldn't say anything, but I can tell. My six year old is not as pc because she was always telling me I had to get some exercise to do something about my chubby role! My MIL also makes some comments, so I'll be glad to get rid of that as well. She is very nice, but I don't think she has ever been overweight.

So, basically, I just want to show myself off.