Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

Made it though yesterday and will sail through today with hope in my heart. Hope because I gained 2 water weight pounds when I got on the scale yesterday so hope is all I have. Hope and will power and the knowledge that water weight come right off, that is. One off this morning and one to go. To a lighter tomorrow. I think I'll toast that with some water.
Catmom
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 09:07

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Awwwwww, Sienna! Don't pout...Dat's okay.....don't forget, "Tomorrow is another day"! (Thank you, Scarlett) And "tomorrow" is now "today", so run with it.

I have now made it though three days w/o "cheating"...(egad, that term!), or at least not doing anything I perceive as being counter to my plan. (that's a bit more positive...hee hee hee....)

Started on Sunday, September the 1st.

Good LC luck today to everyone....
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 09:09

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%
Progress: 5%

Ok yesturday was a bit sluggish I didn;t cheat just needed a dt code red mt dew for a pick me up before work. Hopefully today I won't need it. Gonna go for a run later too. I had cheeseburger and sauteed mushrooms and onions for brekfast!! Yummy hey??!! I am also making meatloaf with shrooms,cheese,onions,crushed prok rinds and tabasco!!! It smelled so yummy cooking right now!! Smells very good!!

Well I hope everyone has a great day
Sonja
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 09:43

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20

Mmmmm, that meatloaf sounds awesome. Let us know how it turns out.

My this is a busy thread. Good.

Yesterday was a good day workout wise. Went to Curves and got weighed and measured. No more burying my head in the sand about how much I gained from my vacation carb-fest. I'm back to almost where I started. Sigh. Back to work now. I have a re-newed sense of purpose and all of you for support. Yeah everyone!!!

Did okay on food but only this morning realized that I didn't eat any real dinner. Had a protein shake after my workout and then...nada. (this never happened before in my whole life before LC)

Planning on making the back bacon and brie quiche tonite so it will be a good meal I hope. Hopefully will have the dishes done before big Brother starts. (with peaking to Americal Idol to see who won).

Well, back to work for me, hope everyone else has a great day.

And for those of you going thru induction again (or for the first time) you may feel really lousy at first, but then you will feel so awesome afterwards that it's worth it.

TTFN

p.s. drink your water, drink your water, drink your water!
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 11:18

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

First day was yesterday, right? Well... I cheated... But it is clear sailing from here on out... gotta do it... gotta!
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 12:08
Registered Member

Stats: 198/188.6/150
BF:41
Progress: 20%
Default checking in...

Day 4 and things seem to be going well. I havent 'cheated' but am right aroung 20-25 carbs/day. I really need to get this under 20 - not 25. I should also let go of the 12 oz of Diet Pepsi that I have been letting myself have everyday. Water intake also needs to increase.

I have been taking the Atkins vitamins and am quite impressed. Has anyone else noticed a difference while taking these? Last night I took the diet advantage before dinner and an hour after eating, I felt so hungry. Usually I am not really hungry (at the pit of my stomach) in the evenings.

I am feeling great about my weight loss, although I need to stay off the scale (daily weighing is NOT good). I cant believe I was 191.8 this morning!! I believe I was 194ish when I started this challenge on Sept 1st.

Keep writing, as I enjoy hearing about everyone elses progress/struggles. Its so nice having others around that can relate.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 12:42

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up Yaahooo!!!!

Hey everyone!!!

In reading through the posts I see some folks are off to a bumpy start but you know what???? The point is that YOU ARE HERE!!! Hanging in there and trying to get some support. YOU ARE MAKING THE EFFORT! I liked the post re: Dr. Atkins' comments that he has had bad days but just got back on track the following day. I'd like to add to that to NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP!!!!! That is SOOO INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!!! We are NOT perfect and shouldn't expect to be. YOU CAN DO THIS GANG!!!!!! Just keep working at it and DON'T GIVE UP!!!

I made it through yesterday w/ no problems. Stuck to all of my goals, drank water, didn't cheat, tried to keep my calories up (still need to work on this) and did my excercise!!! My first day of water aerobics was not THAT impressive but I definitely can feel the soreness in my arms so that's good.

I KNOW it's going to happen for me this time!!!

And thanks to Sally and the rest for all of the positive energy and support!!!!

Hugs to all!!!!

Star

P.S.
I saw Cher around here earlier but I don't see her now, anyway just wanted to say that I MISS YOU and I hope you are feeling well!!!!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 12:47

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 220/155/140 Female 65"
BF:43%/30%/20%
Progress: 81%

Well my first day of the no cheat went well, ate three meals, no snacks and I even went to the gym. All around a good day, hoping today is the same.

Jessica
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 14:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/120 Female 5' 3
BF:156/135/120
Progress: 58%

Hello everyone, well yesterday was hard but I made it thru. I know I had cravings from the carbs that I ate the day before. I have done well today. Ate bacon hamburger for breakfast and mexcian chicken for lunch and a package of peanuts. I guess that should be about 8 carbs so far for today. I plan on having chicken or steak salad for dinner and another run. I ran 2miles last night and hit the whirlpool and steam room. I did my speed training last night and did a mile in 8.34 minutes I really feel it today. I just want to run a long distance tonight. I really want to start running again in the mornings. I really get more of a benefit as far as raising my metabolism. I have to also make sure I am getting in all the water that I can also.

I am so thankful for this forum and all the people who are here and the support, it is really great. Everyone has there bumps in the road but just get back up and do it again.

See you guys later
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 14:17

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default GROWING RIGHT ALONE WITH THIS NEW THREAD.....

I am soooo pleased with the way this new thread has grown. I am also very happy to see the old faces but very, very happy to see some new ones.
I agree with Star for those that had a hard time on the first day DO NOT GIVE UP, THAT IS NOT AN OPTION...... . We are all here for one another to cheer when you are happy and to cry with you when things are not going well.

First day of new challenge was a good one for me.

Sally this thread has really grown so fast. GREAT JOB in getting the word out. joan
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 14:50

Stats: 293/288.2/199 Female 5 foot 11 inches
BF:38%/??/25%

Hey All

Just stopped in to see how everyone is doing and it looks like a few ruff starts but I am glad to see your here to get support and get past it in the right direction. Joan is right we are all here for everyone and even if it's not all good we still CARE!!!!

I am gonna have my meatloaf and then shower I just got in frrom a 2 1/2 mile run. With my schedule the only time I get to run outside is usually around 2-3 pm, right in the heat of the day!!~~
But it feels good for it to still be warm and have sun shinning on my face! I need to be at about 4 4 1/2 mile by the week of the 16th. If the weather holds out I will be fine.

have a great day
Sonja
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 14:53
RawSienna

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Yeahhhh!!!!!!
Does this mean I can stay????

And play?

Whoooooooooohooooooo!!!!

It is nearly 2pm where I live, and so far so good. The first thing I did (after going to the little girls room and kicking off my shoes) when I got home from school was come here....mostly to remind myself of the things that I really want from this month. Number one, after my love, my babies, home, is to lose five to ten pounds. I have made it through the first half of the day...the easy half for me.

I decided that by coming here and writing this post, that it would focus me for the rest of the day. Making myself responsible for what I do between now and bedtime.

Stay on plan.

Drink lots of water.

Love myself first!

Thanks for letting me stay!!!
SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCHES!!!
Big hugs,
Mickie
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 15:23

Plan: Atkins & CAD
Stats: 458/394/180 Female 5'4"
BF:yup..very.
Progress: 23%
Red face ok-count me in!

HI sally...thanks for using my OWN words to convict me in my journal!! ok..ok....i give up....here i am...in all my carb withdrawal glory.. ..(my head is KILLING me and i feel REALLY crummy)...last night i completely blew it w/ cheese nips and a couple of brownies. .. confession is good for the soul....hopefully good for the body too... .ANYHOO...today i have been good...still have to survive till bedtime and get through untill my birthday which is the 28th....hope i can still be a part of this..even if i did't exactly join at the start...
I THINK I CAN..I THINK I CAN...
love ya! -Amarise
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 16:02

Stats: 270/245/220 Male 74 inches
BF:22%/22%/15%
Progress: 50%
Talking

Hello everyone, I had a spoon of long grain rice on the first day of the no cheat, you know what they say, all men cheat, just kidding. I am getting tired of the bacon and eggs. Any ideas or suggestions from the group? If you have not already tried it, melted butter poured over your steak straight from the grill is to die for... yummmyyy,,,,
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-02, 16:06

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Memphis260...

Eat anything for breakfast rather then bacon and eggs, left over pork chops, left over steak, with vegies,,,,hamburger, cheese burger, that is what I do and it works great. Some Cottage cheese, with your burger some vegies, wallaaa...a full fledged breakfast..Oh yeah, chicken is great for breakfast too, and if you cook it all before, just nuke it in the microwave and there it is, no hassle..

Cindy