Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 05:32
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I know Tanya, I ate the whole batch when they came out of the oven!! Maybe we should post a warning label with this recipe!!

Glad you liked 'em!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 05:49

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

You can also make them in the microwave one at a time -- these are good if you want a slightly larger one for loading up with stuff as you would a tortilla, or if you don't want to risk eating a whole batch of smaller ones!

Place one oz of cheese on a dessert-size dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray (I use Pam.) Nuke for about 2 min, and let stand for about one more. Lift with a knife or a spatula.

If you plan to make more than one of these, it's good to start out with a new plate for the second one, or alternate plates if you're making a large batch of 'em. My plates tend to heat up in the micro, and that affects the "spread" of the cheese crackers. They tend to splay out and get thinner and more breakable if I start out with a plate that's hot instead of room temperature.

rhu
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 06:08

Plan: Atkins/CKD
Stats: 296/248/160
BF:???
Progress: 35%
Lightbulb cheese crackers

To TeriDoodle and rhubarb:
O.M.G.!!! Y'all just don't know what a difference you made in my life this morning!!! Couldn't sleep(side effect of this diet?) and was up at 4:00a.m. Surfed this site and found your posts. I tried the "cracker" made in the microwave and put some sausage on em. I'm In Heaven. Told my husband we must buy a big 10 pound block of cheese today!! This is the first time in MONTHS that I've had breakfast other than a protein shake. I feel so much better You two are my new heros. Thank you so much for sharing.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 08:54

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Glad to have helped! This is a funny coincidence, because I just ate some of these with guacamole for breakfast yesterday. I'd never done that before.

My only problem is that my little girl smells them, and wants Mom to share! Back off, kid!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 08:09

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default cheese crisps

Hi --

I call mine cheese crisps -- put 3-4 slices of provelone on a small plate and microwave them for 2:15. Then I let them cool and pry them off the plate. They usually come off in one section and I cut them in quarters. I do not store them in tupperware or plastic bags because doing so draws condensation and makes the crisps less, well, crisp.

Sometimes I use fewer slices of prov but grate some cheddar or crumble feta or gorgonzola on top. This makes for nice variety. Finally, I figured the approximate calorie/fat/carb/protein numbers for each of the crisps I make most commonly and fed them into the "custom foods" section of Fitday.com, so now all I have to do to record the consumption of cheese crisps is slect the correct custom food and the quantity.

Teridoodle, really, I'm NOT following you around! Just turns out that you have already posted in the the fora to which I tend to be drawn!

Cheers -- RA Harris
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 20:52
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 300/247/150
BF:
Default Swiss cheese crisps?

I have tried this successfully with cheddar. But swiss cheese was a disaster. I can't explain it but it didn't crisp, just turned into cheesy gunk. No big deal . . . just amused that one cheese worked and another didn't.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 21:23

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default processing?

I think it may have to do with the level of processing. Supermarket brand - the regular, not the speciality stuff - cheddar does not tend to be as processed as the supermarket-level Swiss. If you are a big Swiss fan (and there is no reason you'd want to be, as a Swiss fan would be full of holes !) you might try using an up-market brand and see if that works any better.

Oh, and sorry about the horrible pun! -- RA Harris
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 21:12
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

I must be doing something wrong...mine arent working at all!
~Michelle
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 21:22
Registered Member

Plan: General LC
Stats: 180/152/155 Female 506
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default Cheese Crisps

Oh wow I hope this works, reminds me of the cheese that falls off pizza onto the carboard. Yum
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 07:11

Default Death by cheese???

Oh man, this is my favorite new food! I eat EVERYTHING on em. Is this much cheese really bad for you? On my way to the gym, started the CKD this weekend. wish me luck!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/255/130
BF:I have no idea!!
Progress: 5%

very interesting....i'm gonna have to try this. I find myself looking for that "crunch" when i'm snacking.

thanks
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 18:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

I've been making them in the microwave, big single ones on a dessert plate and five or six small on a regular dinner plate. I have used mostly grated chedder and the small ones are usually done in just over a minute and the big one a min and a half. I tries with Sargento 4 cheese and this takes a while longer. My hubby loves these!!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 07:01

Wink word of advice

Just one word of advice. these cheese "crackers" can really slow things down,if ya know what I mean. So be sure to take your psyllium husks! I found this out the hard way. Ouch!!

Shari
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 07:11

Lightbulb more cheese"cracker" ideas

O.K. so maybe I'm obsessing on these things but here are a few new ideas I've tried and loved I put a nice big chunk of mozzarella on a plate and nuke until still bendable, add pepperoni and roll up. dip into pizza sauce and you won't miss pizza again!! also try cheddar with taco meat rolled up in it. Yummy. Enjoy

Shari
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 20:52
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 169/148/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:**eh**
Progress: 62%

This is a pampered chef recipe. I used to make these for my home demonstrations. I served them with a sour cream and dill dip . Use a cake decorator with a star tip and squeeze some on top of each slice. These a great for guests when you have company over. And they taste awesome!!