Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 11:14

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Just checking in to say......I'm still NO CHEAT!

Have been planning and eating my 5-6 meals a day and cleaning up my act as far as 'nibbling' in the evenings! Continuing to do my exercise too....so Cher....You could be correct that the lack of loss has to do with building muscle. My jeans are getting looser and looser and I love the way my shoulders and arms are looking these days!

for each and everyone of us that is CHEAT FREE!!

Marlaine
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 11:20

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking

CHER'S BACK CHER'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!

#93   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 11:22

BF:
Talking BTW

DID I SAY .. I'M EXCITED THAT CHER'S BACK???
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 12:03

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hey there, me again Well, made it through lunch. I don't think I did bad at all. Had meat, meat and more meat. Nothing breaded and stayed away from the stuff that is too sausey(sp?). No rice all noodles either.

Welcome back Sher, sorry you're not feeling good. How do you make flax o meal pancakes? It sounds really good.
I really do love jezzercise, it is a lot of fun and a very good workout.
I'll check back in later, keep up the good work everybody .
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 15:43

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Hey challengers!

Hi Everyone,

Just checkin' in quick before the grout needs to be cleaned...almost done with the floor! Yippee....my knees will be happy...I have been stickin to this but for some reason have gained a little....I will not cheat!!!! This will come off...I know it.

You guys are all doing so great...Richard you are certain to be out of the 500's by Labor day...we are cheering for you!

Princesspp...too bad we live in such a small town that we don't have a gas station on the corner....or a stop light...or a store....we are out in the boondocks of Massachusetts if you can believe it! The guests will just have to use the trees! LOL....just found out they are coming Sunday instead of Monday! Yikes! Better go clean up this disaster area....

Take care everyone! Donna I am so proud of you!
We can do this together!
Carol
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 18:47

BF:
Talking I DID IT I DID IT!!!!

DAY 5

NO CHEAT!!!!

33 CARBS FOR THE DAY!!!!!!!

That's my story for the day .. Hope everyone else had a super LC day ...

We're going for day 6!!!!!!

Love ya all!!!!
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 19:06

Plan: Rich's New Diet
Stats: 532/395/300 Male 6"6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

OK Another No Cheat Day for me.

Today I had a Omlete with Crushed Pork Rinds Topped with 1 oz of Cheese. 5 Strips Of Bacon. Snack 1 oz of BBQ Pork Rinds. 44 oz of Water. Dinner a Real Nice Grilled Sirloin Steak 16 oz and a Nice Salad and 44 oz of water.

It's now 8 pm and I'm still full. It's working.
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 19:33

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Another no cheat day for me as well...
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 07:30

Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up DAY #5 OF NO CHEATING AND DAY #6 IS UNDERWAY..

Day 5 is just a memorie and have begun day #6 of NO CHEAT TILL LABOR DAY.
Sally Anita came up with a real cute name for Oct. Thru Nov. she posted it in my journal check it out.

Already drank 64 ozs. of water got a late start wanted to go to grocery store before it got busy.

I must say again how glad I am Cher came up with this ideal, WTG, Cher, we love ya. Need to run All you NO CHEATERS HAVE A GREAT DAY. Love joan
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 08:29

Plan: Back to Modified Atkins
Stats: 198/185/135
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hey NO CHEATERS!!! Loookin' GOOOD out there!

I am happy to report that Day 5 was a breeze.... no cheating and no thoughts of cheating! Now ain't that a dooozy? I did really well and I am so glad CHER started this! Way to go!!!

Food tally for Thursday:

B: Atkins Shake with a little cream
L: Hard Boiled Egg
Chicken Soup with Celery, Onion, Mushooms
D: Ham with Fiery String Beans
S: Slim Jim Beef Jerky

I started today off with another shake and I'm feelin' GOOD!

Have a great LOW CARB Day everyone!
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 08:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Default Hello all

Good morning it has been a really exciting and eventful morning for me. got up did my morning work out had some bacon and eggs took my shower and have been posting since. I really like this WOL I do feel so much better. I will keep posting

cya Greg
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 09:35

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Good morning no cheaters
How is everyone. Doing good so far, but I am going outto lunch again, indian food this time. I will stick to tandori chicken and maybe some veggie korma. Planning on having a protien shake for dinner. Have a great day........bye for now.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 09:47
RawSienna

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Good morning no-cheaters!!!

I've finally made it back here....and I'm going to read this whole thread...going back to page one. Gonna do it if it takes me all morning...and it probably will...LOL. Here goes...brb.....
brb....
brb....

Whew!!! What a wonderful group! Cher....this is a great thread!!! And Sally....you ALWAYS make me smile with all your little hyper dudes. I swear, just looking at those little fellas makes me lose weight!! LOL

I'm not sure that I really should be a part of this thread....except in the capacity of cheerer-onner. I am not nearly as strict with myself as ya'll are. I don't count carbs per say. I have one day a week off, and I don't follow any real set plan. SOOOOO, having said that, I'm here to help cheer you all on, watch your progress, and be motivated by you!

Ya'll are doing SOOOOOOOOO great! There's going to be a Whoosh Fairy convention on the 2nd of September. I'll bring the cam corder...ya'll bring the snacks!!!

Big, big hugs all round!
Me

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 10:24
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Day 6

Day 6 and 24 more days to go...........Then we will all see what wonderful progress we've made by not cheating!

I haven't weighed since I started the challenge, but will at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to it, and so excited, I know I'm losing, my clothes are starting to get baggy, you gotta love that.

I dont count carbs either, but I just watch what I eat, here is an example of my menu:
Breakfast, protein shake (low carb, the container says 2G)
Lunch, chicken or turkey patty, a few celery sticks
snack - energy drink, has around 6 Carbs
dinner - last night had 3 cups of salad with blue cheese dressing

And thats all I had, not sure how many calories, or how many carbs, but It seems to work. I'm not hungry and I enjoy my menu.

You No Cheaten' guys & girls, have a great low carbing day.......

Last edited by sunshine2 : Fri, Aug-09-02 at 11:00.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Aug-09-02, 14:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Day 6 – no cheat…wow! We’re doing it…

Victoria…thanks for the congratulations on the whoosh…that was very cool! I’m so happy to have that 1.5 pounds off. It sound funny, but, that the equivalent of 1.5 pounds of butter!

Marlaine…isn’t it cool to know that your jeans are getting looser and that you love the way your shoulders and arms look (I want to say that too). The exercise challenge is starting soon…so, I need to get myself in gear….Christmas will be awesome time of the year – we will be so skinny.

Sally…I just love you…you’re always so sweet. Thanks so much for placing all those links to this site…I’m such a computer newbie…I haven’t figured out any of the fancy stuff yet. I’m so excited that you’ve seen a benefit from 6 days of NOT cheating. OK…so, has Richard told anyone about his whoosh….has he kept it a secret or, Sally did he tell you. Inquiring minds would just love to know. We’re so excited about his Whoosh. Also, your post about making it to Day 5 was just so cute…I loved it…that’s how happy I feel!

Tanya, Good luck with the Indian lunch….tandori chicken sounds pretty safe to me. OK…. Flax-O-meal pancakes…

I started with the LowCarb Success Pancake and Waffle mix – Banana Walnut. – Found at local health food store.

Combine 1-1/2 cups of pancake mix with 2 Tbsp. Of oil, 2 eggs and approximately 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water. (for richer flavor you may substitute cream for a portion of the water.

I added blueberries (Yumm)…

Mix and pour immediately onto greased hot skillet or waffle iron.

I made these for friends and they really liked them. I feel so healthy now

Carol… I’m with you…I WILL NOT CHEAT. I wanted to last night :LOL:but, I was really good. What is it about losing weight….usually, when I’ve seen a drop in the scale, I feel like cheating…how weird is that. But, I’m determined to make it – with all of you – till labor day!

Richard…..I like omelets too….what is this about Shila…they make her sick! I just love them. I had an Island favorite omelet today and it had avocados …yum! Those pork rind thingies…I haven’t been able to eat them yet. But, some people use them to coat fish or chicken in and then fry them…that sounds pretty good to me. OK….I’m just waiting to hear how your whoosh went??????????????

Linda …yey! Another day of not cheating…we’re doing great! How’s the exercising going?

Joan…hey, I’m a LOSER too :LOL: It’s Day 6 and I’m feeling great about the challenge and all the commitment on this site. It’s makes it easier to get through the rough times.

Oh you just reminded me…I need to Joanize today!

Pepperoni…oh you and Sally have the cutest pictures from Sienna….they are just adorable. I’m with you…all the no CHEATERS are looking good…just wait till Labor Day!

Greg…wow you’re just doing great…congratulations on getting your morning workout in…that’s awesome. Did you see Marlaine’s thread on exercise? We’re committing to three days of cardio a week (ouch, ouch).

Raw Sienna….your little pictures are so cute and they’re all over the site. I love Sally’s and Pepperoni’s…they are so appropriate for their names. OK…Sienna this is up to you…but, If your program allows you to have one open day…then, you’re not cheating…it’s OK. I know we all have slightly different programs…but, I’d love to have you stay here with us…NO PRESSURE…but, STAY (LOL). We Love You Here…your posts keep us happy!

Sunshine…we’re on day 6 – doesn’t that just feel great I happy to hear that your pants are feeling baggy….

OK…I weighed the other day but, I sort of like the idea of not weighing until labor day. I think our whooshes will seem more sizable at that time.

Star…I think you’re joining us for the challenge so I hope that you’re able to find the link. Just wanted to welcome you…it’s so cool that we’ve made it this far! I’ll try to find your journal today!

Have a great LC "NO CHEAT Day" everyone