Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 09:27
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%
Cool

Bravo to everyone so far, especially Cin, who did it despite the humiliation from the rugrats.

I did my usual BFL cardio, which is my own dance aerobics concoction. Felt good. Have a good day, all!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 11:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi, is it too late to join? I just found this post -- was out of town a few days!

A.M. cardio is great! Been doing it most of the time -- 5 to 7 days per week. I do either pool jogging (run in my above ground pool -- this is my very favorite exercise) for 30 mins. or, if it's raining or the weather's too cold, I do the treadmill (30 mins. 4 mph., incline #6 -- 2 miles).

I also love Tae-Bo, but have never tried it in the a.m. -- might have to give that a try!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 14:52

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Sure, welcome aboard!

Cheers,
Friday
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 06:55

BF:

**lays on the carpet gasping like a wuss after BD/AB workout**

30 mins

Cheers,

Friday
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 08:50
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I'm here..DONE for another day!!

Crawled out of bed....did 10 on the bike...10 on kickboxing.....5 on wieghts...then a few on stretching.

NOW WHERE'S MY COFFEE!!!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 11:06

BF:

Up at 4:30 a.m., put on swimsuit and water shoes, grabbed towel, went out the back door to get in the pool, and it was raining!!!!! Yes, I know, I'd get wet in the pool anyway, but I also saw some lightening.

Back into house, changed into shorts, T-Shirt, and athlectic sox, and went downstairs to the treadmill. Was getting late, so only did 22 mins. instead of 30, incline #6, 4 mph. with a few sprints -- made it 1-1/2 miles in the 22 mins. including warm up and cool down.

Need to do LWBO tonight when I get home.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 11:20

BF:

Wow, 4:30 am...... Consider me impressed! I'm getting up at 5, and believe me, the brain does not engage for a full half hr, which is usually when I remember that I was supposed to have taken my temp before I got out of bed. DOH!

I need to go back out and walk tomorrow, but I might have given myself shin splints just from the first time, so I didn't want to push it. :P

I'm trying to turn my walking into HIIT, which shouldn't take much doing considerig the hills.

Cheers,

Friday, who learned that her obliques suck today!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 19:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Yup, Friday, you can count me in. I need the kick cuz sometimes it's pretty hard top get rocking in the morning despite the fact that I love my morning walk/run intervals.

Was out of town Monday and Tuesday so did the walk thing along the boardwalk, and stopped twice at benches to do 50 step-ups each time. The fishermen looked at me like I was nuts. I just smiled and waved.

Cinderella...hmmm this coffee thing, wow..didn't think there was anyone who missed their morning cuppa more than I did. *LOL*
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 06:27

BF:

Bad morning! I overslept ! Will do pool jogging when I get home tonight -- it's not as good as first thing in the morning, but it's better than nothing!

Peg
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 06:31

BF:

**groan**

Ok, this morning was definitely half-arsed. I'm tired and I'm sore so the most that can be said was that I did drag myself out of bed. Just barely made my 20 mins.

Weekend soon!

Cheers!

Friday
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 08:32
Contributing Member

I did it...not sure how tho, lol. Wasn't my best workout-I didn't even break a sweat. We went out last night with good friends for wings and drinks....and we got to chattin...and we forgot to go home ! I'm feeling VERY tired...too old for that crap. It was good to visit our friends tho...lol

bike 5 minutes (quit laughing.lol)...kicks 3-4 min...weights 5 min..lol..ran up and down the stairs about 4 times....thats it!

I will be taking my kids(yep..the one who got out of bed WAY TOO EARLY) for a walk a little later.

***Angela..I'm a freaking bear without my java. Poor kids, hehehe.

***Kristine...thats for the sympathy...they get a kick out of watching "dear old mom" flop all over the kitchen...lol..brats..lol
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 05:33

BF:

Hey, everyone is doing great!!! Count me in with those who need their coffee! This morning is very bad -- I'm having blood drawn for lipid check, so NO COFFEE -- SOB! I'm taking some in an insulated cup with me to drink as soon as they finish drawing the blood!

Managed to get up at 4:30 this morning. Wanted to pool jog, but it's 52 degrees!! Too cold for me! So, back to the treadmill. 30 min., 2.1 miles, incline varied between 4 and 6. Will do UBWO after work.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 06:41

BF:

Ok, you guys, without you I definitely woud have bailed today and maybe yesterday, too! But seeing as how we're all here, there was no way I was gonna have to post "Ummmm, wellll..... NOT" Thank you so much for joining in. I knew I needed you!

20 mins BDWO, pretty wussy but hey, I met my goal for this week!!

TGIF

Friday
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 09:07
Contributing Member

The only exercise I'm getting today will be later. As of now I'm packing the camper for the weekend..I want to go for a run this weekend..THAT will be todays exercise.

See you all monday morning bright and early.

cin
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 11:19

BF:

Wow, I love camping! My parents are both teachers, and come summer, we used to take off for weeks at a time and go from state park to state park all over the country. I miss that a lot.

Have a blast and cook me a weenie! (cuz s'mores are not LC)

cheers,

Friday