Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/261/160
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Lolabug and welcome to this thread. I hope it will be a support team for you.

Lessara I know for snacks at work I like to make my own beef jerky. I go to the butcher and ask for a 1 pound beef roast and tell him I am going to make jerky and he usually slices it into strips for me. Then I marinate (usually overnight) in 1/2 cup soy sauce, 3tbsp liquid smoke, 1/8 cup water, 1 colve fresh garlic, tsp sugar substitute and some cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's)(or you can use regular black pepper). I then place strips separated onto cookie sheets sprayed with pam and bake at 200 degrees for a few hours, turning meat once every hour, until meat is dry, but still chewy.

I usually do this on a Sunday when I have time and then pack into Ziploc bags for Snacks anywhere. The whole recipe has about 1 carb because of the garlic.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 14:41

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%
Default I'm in too!

Count me in!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 16:25
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 252/248.5/165
BF:49%/40%/20%
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up Hello Everyone...

I don't quite know what to write here.. but you must know it comes from the heart.. I have been overweight all of my life - perhaps since I was about 10 years old (I'm 33) .. I'm sick of it.. I want to be the person I feel I am on the inside.. This is the last, best hope.. and hopefully all of you will help me keep on the straight and narrow.. here's to the first day of the rest of my (thin) life!...

Cheers,

Christian
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jul-03-02, 16:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Talking the more the merrier

Welcome

This has been a pretty good thread so far. I will suggest that everybody have a personal journal on at least food intake, as you can see we talk pretty much about any thing in here I would also suggest that everyone take time and read each others journals I really found it comforting and inspiring to do this so welcome.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 02:47

Talking end of induction for me

Hello all I am in a quandry I started induction on June 20 I am at the end this friday. my question I am feeling really good I believe my carb intake is enough do I have to increase or can I stay where I am comfortable. I really like what I am eating and the amount I am eating I really managed it very well this time around. I did stop taking xenical which is a prescription fat blocker. needed for cholesterol maint but my blood work is great I would assume that this is the reason for my tremendous weight lose in the first week. I am doing an official weigh in on friday. I really couldn't wait so I did an unofficial today down to 226 Lbs that is another 4 lbs I will post the official results on friday. I feel good I am eating as much as I want so do I need to add carbs
look forward to hearing from you guys

cya Greg
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 06:02
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 252/248.5/165
BF:49%/40%/20%
Progress: 4%
Talking Some Surprising Realities

My first post was just yesterday, the day that I discovered this site and re-dedicated myself to achiving my physique goals.

You see, I have been trying to lose my weight permanently all my life, and have succeeded during my late teens (I had a good high-school experience, for the most part); but upon my university years and later working life, I gained weight - until I peaked at about 252 lbs ~ 49% bodyfat (123.48 lbs of fat - that's a person's worth!!) in March of this year..

Anyhow, I started low-carbing again (my 5th or 6th attempt - I never had any support or support group - I felt like I was all alone with this) in March - very badly I might add - I'd do it for the day and then have donuts at like 12 midnight or something - so silly.. It wasn't working - so I gave up..

I discovered Golf, now a passion with me - and I started playing or practicing on the range everyday - becoming more active and such.. I decided I should give low-carbing another try - and then discovered this site...

I had not weighed myself until this morning (4th of July) - I had thought I was back up at my 252 lbs... Much to my suprise, I now weight 240 lbs at 45% bodyfat (108 lbs of fat!!) - a loss of 15.48 lbs of fat!!!

I guess the moral of the story is: 1. find something you love to do which is physical (golf in my case) 2. don't check the scale every 12 hours (!) like I used to do - it can only demoralize you!

By the way, I had been eating all types of food since the end of May, not watching what I ate.. but I did not binge since I was eating just when I was hungry.. and I lost weight.

I can't wait to see the results in the coming months when I combine a proper Low Carb way of life with my new-found passion for Golf and the moral support you folks provide! - I think I have found my "Zone" of high performance when I combine these three things..

Cheers all,

Christian
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 06:47

Stats: 217/205/110 Female 58"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Welcome!

Welcome to all who've recently popped into this thread! We can all use the extra support!!

Deanna
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 06:48

BF:
Default Greg

Greg,

You should stay at induction levels as long as you like. It's purely up to you. Some people start play around with the "formula" a bit if they are in a stall or a slump, but if it's working for you and you are comfortable....keep at it!!

Wonderful results so far Greg...you must be thrilled!

Deanna
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 10:46

Default induction

Thanks everyone I will chose to stay on this for awhile feeling really healthy and confident. I do have a little success story doesn't seem like a big one but means alot to me. You know when your big and you try tying your shoes you usually have the bow on the side well my bow is now on top where it should be I know this sounds silly but made me happy. Just thought I would share.

cya Greg
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 10:59

BF:
Default Fabulous News Greg!

I know EXACTLY what you mean! You must feel so great about that!

You are doing super!

Deanna
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 12:01

Default I couldn't do it with out each and every one of you

I just wanted to say thank you. I really mean this when I say I couldn't do it with out all of you.

recieved a post from the lurker LCnw really appreciat it LCnw thanks for the advise will try the www.fitday.com

Hope to hear from each and everyone of you. You know together we can do this. I haven't been this excited in a long time I can hardly wait to check my e mail and come back and see the progress we are making as a group. Our to give support to a person in thier time of need. makes me feel useful.

Remember we are all grown ups here. So please say how you feel and how we might help you.

cya Greg
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 14:04

Plan: Atkins/person plan
Stats: 298/275/240 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Weekend getting close...

Everyone sounds like they are doing great! I had a bad night last night...just wasn't feeling myself...but my husband got a call this morning for an interview tomorrow We've got our fingers crossed that something good will come of it.

I have been really good so far this week....I am proud of myself for staying away from the over-indulging that has plagued me the last few weeks...I know that keeping a positive frame of mind helps, but so does the support I get from here.

Happy 4th of July to all our Amercian friends!

Well, work is so busy today...I guess I had better get back to working.

Talk to you later

Happy
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 14:11

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%
Talking You'll do great Happy

Great news about the interview Happy. Hope your husband lands his dream job!

Way to go about keeping your promise to yourself about your new wol. It sounds like a stressful time, but there you are, keeping to it!!

Lolabug
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 14:25

BF:

Happy,

You'll do great! It's not easy, but keep telling yourself that you can do it! And if you feel like you need help, pop on the board and someone will be there for you!

Deanna

PS-Fingers crossed for hubby!
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jul-04-02, 16:14
Registered Member

Stats: 285/261/160
BF:
Progress: 19%

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to all the newcomers on this thread. It sounds like everyone is still motivated and in the right spirit. Keep up the good work.

I also want all of you to know the comments and suggestions are a great help. Well got to tend to the grill and my family. Also Happy 4th to those of which it applies.