Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-24, 16:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies- Quick check in and late one at that!!!!!!!!

RAIN AND MORE RAIN here.

Nic I will take your sunshine and shorts any day! You are so right in that the right here and now is really all we truly have.

Joy for you that you are living it up in some sunshine and being in your moment! How long are you hanging out in DE? Hubby coming this weekend?
I saw you are playing pickleball eating smoked salmon- how good does it get!!!!!

Lori
- YAY on those winter jackets! I think I would have gotten a black one too! I also think of the marshmallow man! I don't wear white like that! What a deal too!

Girl, we have all F'ed up on dinners/lunches out! Tomorrow is a new day! Blow it off and REBOOT! That easy! Just DO! WE are in our year to make this happen!
DO you know in just 8 SHORT weeks we are in March. You will be in those cute clothes you wear to play gold and chasing that little white ball. LOLOLOLOL

Trig
- getting ready to send off the kiddo I am sure! We are here when you do!
---------------------------------------------------------

Make a great pot roast this time. Put it in the slow cooker. IT was a smaller one. pound and half. Not big. I drained it and put it in a skillet and dropped egg in the middle and flipped it and yum and yum. SO full.

Work is done until Monday! Ready for my weekend.

Rain here, big rain again all-day rain. In jammies. LOLOLOL- is there anything else - oh yea shorts and flip flops. There ya go!

5:09 here and kitchen cleaned up, everything tidied up. Ready to commence to couch and remote. LOLOLOL- STILL raining and dark out. No going out for me tonight. Cold and damp and gross. Wishing for summer sun and long evenings. I might venture out more. Dead of winter I am hard pressed.

Later Gators!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Jan-12-24 at 20:51.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-24, 18:27

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I'm on the injury list! My knee tendonitis has flared up......worst ever. I was on day #12 of working out every day.....that has come to a screeching halt. I have Patella Femoral syndrome and WOW...it is bad. I've had that for years, but it usually doesn't bother me if I avoid deep squats etc. For some reason, the bursa sack below and to the inside of my knee is severely inflamed. I'll take a couple days off of all exercise and then Monday I'll try to do a little walking in place while doing some upper body exercises. I'll be taking AdvilPM tonight, that's for sure.

Nic....I ate the mushroom soup gravy too....it was delish! I browned my chicken breasts in olive oil and butter, then took the chicken out of the pan. Added more butter and sauteed onion and a tsp of garlic till onions were soft, then dumped in a can of cream of mushroom soup and about 1/3 cup milk(recipe called for chix broth, but I wasn't opening a can for a 1/3 cup). Stirred till the soup was smooth and then put the chicken back in and cooked for a few minutes till the chix reached at least 165 degrees. I basically ate it like a soup. So good! Next time I'm going to try the Golden Mushroom soup.

I hope I can sleep tonight with this knee. It has been bothering me at night a good bit, but today is the first it is so bad ALL the time. Sigh.....crap!

G'nite!
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-24, 21:02

BF:

Popped in to see whats up.

Lori- OMG how awful! I know you are not a fan of Valteran but for short periods it will not kill your liver any more than you taking 2 Motrin. Ice and heat will help as I am sure you know!
Go easy and let yourself heal.

Your "gravy" sounds so good. I can't tell you the last time I opened a can of Campbells soup for anything! Years and years. At one time it was a staple to put together casseroles and such with a family. I cook so simple now!!!!! LOLOL Sounds yummy!

Funny when you don't have to cook anymore what you can skip on! That was such a staple for me. Cream of mushroom- yup- and yummy. I used it for noodle casseroles and tuna casseroles and beef stroganoff. Comfort food for sure!

Yup back in the day take ANY protein add Noodles or rice and can of soup and bake! LOLOLOLOL - Oh yeah- dump packet of shredded cheese and call the troops for dinner! LOLOLOL never leftovers.

Feel better and get good sleep

Chat up tomorrow
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-24, 08:27

BF:

Good Morning!

I was able to sleep pretty well, with some moments of excruciating pain when I tried to straighten my leg. OW! I can straighten it so far and then I hit pain and if I can power thru a little, then it eases so I can straighten the rest of the way. It does seem a little better today, but I'm not pushing it. Jaz....yes, I used Voltaren this morning and will probably do so a couple times today. I think I can use it every 4 hours or so. I'm hoping it will help take the inflammation down. The heating pad feels awesome this morning.

I don't typically use the creamy Campbell's soups either. The only 1 I use much at all is tomato. DH doesn't care for sauces or creamy casseroles, but I do! They're not good for me, so I don't often make them.

Well, my day will be spent sitting here in my recliner with my leg up. Lots of YouTube videos in my future today and tomorrow. Football games too!

Later!
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-24, 15:13

BF:

Quickie!

Lori- So glad you are feeling a bit better!!!!!! Nothing worse than knee pain, back pain, pain just sucks! Hoping rest is helpful.

Did you watch football?!?!?!?

------------------------------------------

Kids are coming over for game night! Bought some duraflame logs for the fire place.

Off to get ready- check in tomorrow.
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-24, 06:26

BF:

Good Morning!

I think my knee is a little better, but I hurt it last night when I first went to bed. I tried to straighten my leg while lying on my side and OMG....I yelled it hurt so badly. I'm hoping it goes away as I'm not looking forward to having to get a shot in it. Gives me chills to think about that!

--------

Jaz....How fun to have the kids come for game night! Yes, we watched football and will do the same today.

Trig & Nic ........

--------

Going to the grocery store later for a few things and then back home to get under my fuzzy blanket and my heating pad. It is going to get WAY cold here for the next couple weeks. Highs in the 20's. Bah!
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-24, 06:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, OW OW on that knee. just baby the heck out of it best you can and keep that heating pad around when ya need it. I went into totally lame from my ankle, tearing that darn achilles whatever and I could barely walk for like 2 friggin' years til that thing healed. So baby it up best ya can and I hope truly it comes around fast for you now!! Those chronic injuries are tough to tackle. Also the darn things can backslide on ya fast so just take care of it best ya can at all times.

Jaz, I was never a casserole cook person. I didnt do a dump and bake type thing mostly. I was cook meat then make sides after, lol. I tried making some casseroles in life but hubby said they sucked HAHA so I gave up on that type of cooking. I actually ain't a good cook in a way but I was always a good 'meat griller' thru life

Hey Nicco, what's doing?

------------here freezin' my buns off. had a few higher temps, milder and boom, back down we go and wow is it cold out..ugh

got kiddo's hair dyed dark cherry purple pink. nice color actually, when light hits it, the color kinda changes on it. looks good actually on her.

OMG I NEED KID GONE. TRULY. NO JOKE, KID GOTTA GO lol

she should leave today but picked up friends and they drove to Greenville to see a movie. Her one friend lives in Spartanburg so they got her and then the movie they wanted was being shown only in a Greenville theater so they went there, lol. Night of fun for them goofing around kinda. she got home around 1am. Isn't it always a good feeling when they DO walk thru that door so late at night....first big sigh of saying, damn she is off the road and home in bed LOL

nothing doing right now. playing catch up on chores etc. moving so slow in this cold weahter. in my big ol' fuzzy robe to keep the cold off me. brrrr

today is steak and pork. ususal zc.

I ain't lost a damn lb at all HAHA I ain't 'cutting back into diet' mode at all. So eating my usual 2 meals and not one damn lb has gone, but haven't gained a lb either so.......still thinking about what to do about losing the last lbs I want gone but ya know, not putting a priority on it either. hmmm, gotta think which way I am gonna tackle this issue for me. Either forget it or go whole hog into diet mode?? ugh, eh, think about it tomorrow LOL

be good all
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-24, 17:36

BF:

Hey Ladies,,,,,,,,,,

mom was here people here all day- post tomorrow
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-24, 06:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- Yes it was always a great feeling when the kids made it home safe and sound. When does kiddo go back to her collage? What a break she got. Then there is also Spring break coming and then summer break! Goodness, do they get much school time in? HAHAHAH

Did she ever decide to go to another country for summer break? What a cool idea! Does she have her passport? I need to get one! That is on my TO DO list.

I don't think we have to go full on "Diet mode" to get the scales and the last few pounds off. I am thinking TWEAKING what and when we eat! We eat very clean for the majority of the time. Lets think on that.

Lori- how is your knee doing? You much have pull it in some kind of way when you were doing those videos! I swear as we age we make one wrong move and pow! Something is injured! I also wonder too if your muscles were cold? It was just something I was thinking about. Cold muscles don't like to move! I know I sure don't!!! LOLOLOL

Going back to the soup conversation. I do not think they are a bad as "they" would have you believe. These are the same people that tell us to eat more carbs and less meat! MEH on them. I don't think adding a soup here or there as gravy is terrible. I would take it over alot of other things. Most likely the plant people spreading more propaganda! LOLOLOL

Hopefully you are back up and doing your thing! Did you get any snow?

Nic- What is happening in DE these days? You are quiet since the holidays. Hoping you are all good and just relaxing and humming along.

Is it still 80 degrees on your porch?!?!?!?!?
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have a couple of MUST do's today. First, I need to fax a copy of my current driver's license to GA. Lazy me has not gotten around just yet to changing my address. Guess to who summoned to jury duty. Not just ANY jury duty- GRAND JURY DUTY. WOW - LOLOL

Then change my address with the post office! I would think that changing your license with the DMV would do it. NOPE! - IT is such a pain to change all my addresses. I don't want to get served again- must be done.

Second, I am doing a walk through on a potential house my son is considering. He is all approved and is ready to GO! I found a house last night on Zillow and he went through it. However, it was dark. I said you need to go back in the day light and take another look. I am going on this walk through, with momma eyes.

Oh yea- toss work in my mix for today. I do have a "light" week on tap! Happy about that.

Eating- I pretty much went off the rails this weekend with all the hoopla and such. My birthday is tomorrow, and the kids came Saturday. Then my mom and her husband came yesterday. It was a food fest, both days. They all brought stuff so I wouldn't have to cook. Sweet and off plan all the way around. I feel like garbage today, as expected.

I am picking myself up and getting back to square. Festivities are OVER! For tomorrow I picked up a filet steak and crab legs for my birthday. NO GARBAGE food. I did splurge on a bottle of red to go with my steak, of course!

Seriously though I am going to get these last 20 pounds off this year! and hit maintenance! HUGE goal of mine. I have not been to goal in over 9 years! It is time!!!!!! So close!
So, I am thinking since I am mostly meat (when I am not off rails)- LOLOL of putting in a chicken and fish day. The most important thing I am going to do is start doing IF again. It really worked for me and then It gradually went to the wayside after I went to VA.
Intermitted Fasting works best when one isn't tied to a work schedule.
When I went back to the hospital, I started eating like everyone else- lunch and late dinners. Tose dinner- turned into grazing all night!
For me is more about reeling in the timing and such. Carnivore works for me, when I work it correctly!

I think all the carby foods this last weekend made my hip joints hurt. Both sides. It really does that! So, another reason to batten down the hatches. Back in the saddle!

Not much else. I have a new doctor's appointment on Thursday! I will meet a new guy. I need a doctor here in Greenville. I was hoping for a woman but could find one. This guy is from up north and has studies at the best universities. So that is Thursday. I will do blood work too. That should be interesting after the food fest in the last two days. I feel my weight is up too. I am avoiding the scale till Thursday. MAYBE I can get this bloat off between now and Thursday! LOL

I am so over it getting dark at 5 pm. I need Spring and I need it NOW!!!!!!!!! Cold and dark does not bode well.
The good news- March is 8 weeks away and counting. It hits mid /upper 70's here in March. Things bloom, and pollen is in the air! Come on Spring!

Later Gators!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-24, 08:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Knee is better, but still not going to push it. I was thinking back to what I was doing differently last week as far as exercise and I did do an "odd" exercise a couple times that I saw a video about. A PT demonstrated it and said it was so good for strengthening knees. You simply lean your back against the wall and have your feet about a foot in front of you. You pull your toes toward your knees and lower...repeat. I'm wondering if that new movement is what fired up the bursa below my knee? I won't be trying that move again, just in case.

It was 15 degrees when I got up this morning at 4:30. Too dang cold! So grateful for a warm house. There were a lot of power outages around the area yesterday afternoon/evening, but we were spared. The wind was fierce yesterday and I guess it brought trees down over power lines etc.

I'm going to work on really increasing my protein consumption. I'm tired of food tracking etc., but if I focus on protein and getting upwards of 100 grams a day, it will go a long way toward me reaching my weight loss goal. I should probably be eating more like 140 grams of protein, but I haven't figured out how on earth to eat that much. I managed to get 40 grams for breakfast this morning by eating some ground beef with 2 eggs along with my coffee with collagen. I think I'll have to supplement with a protein shake at least once a day. I'm a work in progress.

We have a little snow coming tonight/tomorrow. Just a couple inches, I think. Just enough to be annoying. Our weatherman this morning said Winter is half over.....YAY! I have to hold onto that thought.

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Jan-15-24 at 08:56.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-24, 06:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hey Nicco, what's doing? enjoying your days?!!

Jazz, off the rails, huh LOL
Yea when I read you have to always change things for address and DL license and all that stuff with every move it must get annoying as hell be good if ya hang out and relax and 'live in an area' for a while and hunker down a bit....this seems like a good place for you.

if I went off the rails now and ate whatever carby stuff again I fear I would be sent to the ER with truly every issue known to man kind from some kind of poisioning at this point I get your hips hurt, that stuff 'settles' in our bodies for sure, and once you eliiminate and clean out, adding back can easily cause fast bad issues. hold strong.....steak and crab, oh yea baby

----------drove kiddo to Uni yesterday. SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW. she saw forecast and didn't wanna drive it so I drove her car and she came with me and hubby followed. Hit big snow around Black Mt and by the time at Uni, yea snow was accumulating on the ground for sure. big ol' flakes. OK I SAW THEM, now I never wanna see them again this winter LOL ugh cold as hell too..bleck!
Long day driving yesterday.

home to play catchup but this morning at 4am Bolt went out and came back with poop all over his butt area.....into the hair all around...come on. yes icky azz dog bath this early morn and my mood is not great at this point. WHO wants to tackle that when they wake up LOL Will cut his hair around his butt to keep that from sticking again like that, omg, how I live.

had a cat fight in the garage. broke that up this morning, gosh, whatever.

gonna tackle throwing out some kiddo stuff from back play room. time for some things to go bye bye. then do normal chores, I seem to always be behind the 8 ball on it all. hell this is the usual for me now, might as well just accept it HA

got chuck roast going into oven for first meal
second, will see, got chick and shrimp to eat but might just eat only chuck today.

still not a lb. gonzo. still haven't decided how to tackle it.
I KNOW HOW but don't wanna do it. CUT back food and that is the most worst thing I fear to do.....so still pondering it all.
AND up movement, being winter slug time doesn't help but I also don't wanna exercise at all so......yea I know what to do but aint doing it HA

be good all
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-24, 06:57

BF:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZ!!!!! HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-24, 07:08

BF:

Good Morning!

Woke up to a fresh blanket of snow. What fun! I'll be staying in, warm and dry.

My knee is worse again today. WTH?? I put my brace on this morning and it feels better. I always seem to hurt it in bed trying to turn over or whatever. I put Voltaren on it and pulled the brace on. Good grief.

------

Trig......Sounds like you had a nightmare trip to take DD back to school. Did the snow stick on the road and make driving a problem? I'm glad DD has her car back and I'm sure she is too! Ugh on the dog mess...not a great thing to face at 4AM!

Jaz.....Hope your birthday is a good one! I think you said you have a pretty quiet work week. After your weekend of company etc, I'm sure you're enjoying your alone time this week. Was it yesterday you were going to look at a house with DS? How was it?

Nic.....What do you hear about the MD house remodeling? All going well? What's happening in DE?

------

Well, I won't be doing much today. This knee is really a hindrance to doing anything. I could do some upper body toning.....I just need a kick in the butt to go do it. Right now....more coffee is all I want!

Have good days!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-24, 11:20

BF:

Good Almost Afternoon Ladies!

Thank you for Birthday wishes! It has been a pretty good day overall. Cold as heck and waiting on sunshine. But I am here, warm, and working in PJ's with pup at feet and getting paid! Doesn't get better!

Lori- URGHHHHH on knee! Still bothering you? Does the heating pad help? You must have twisted that good! Sorry- give it a minute. Time is the healer on MOST things. Stay in and stay warm!!!!!!

Maybe hubby will cook for you tonight???
Feel better!

Trig- OMG the snow on the side of a mountain! I would not do well with that AT ALL! I don't "DO" SNOW!
Glad you were able to get kiddo and car safely back to Uni! Did you and hubby spend the night?

You had me rolling with poor little Bolt and his "bottom" issue! Poor little guy. We all get old and might need a little help with that.

I am thinking about how to take my WOE to next level. I am "back on track" after a weekend of food debauchery in every manner. It doesn't happen often. I figure a birthday pass is in order! LOLOLOL

But yea, I am will you on the tightening up and really wanting to hit goal this year! Spring will be here before we know it! I want to rock it this year!
Excess eating is not "Rocking it". I do need to make some minor tweaks.
I just have to remember this COLD and DARK sky will CLEAR!!!!!

Any updates for Spring RV plans????????
How is MIL??? Is she back home?

Nic- Howdy from a deep freeze in the south! You get snow too? You still in DE? WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!?!? We want to know! LOL
---------------------------------------------------------------

Easy peasy day on tap! It has been sweet. Work has been good. My manager sent me a 20 gift card to Starbucks! YES PLEASE. That was very sweet of her.

Kids checked in, and my pup is here. I am tucked in. It is COLD out and damp and dark.

Steak/ Shrimp and deviled eggs on tap. Bottle of Red (for couple glasses!) not entire bottle, and a movie as well. Great Day!

58 isn't so bad after all. Still kicking and screaming! LOLOL

Later Gators!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-24, 06:16

BF:

Good Morning!

I actually have a busy day today and tomorrow. I have a report due and then a client visits at the orthopedic office. The visit is 45 minutes' drive each direction.

Tomorrow, I have an 830 am client visit then write up the report in enough time to hustle to MY doctor's appointment. Ready for the weekend!

Nothing else shaking this week except work and trying to keep warm.

Roasted chicken today, deviled eggs. Holding at 3 pounds up.

Waiting for the rest of you sleepy heads to arrive! LOLOLOL -

Later