Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-23, 07:51

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Morning Ladies!

Yesterday was beach day for most of the day. I sent to a video and some pics. Ruger in the video you see running off to a dune- What you didn't see was him ROLLING on a DEAD and stinky fish. OMG he had dead fish parts in his fur. BLECK....... OMG the SMELL!
I had to get home with him and the windows open! Straight to the tub! It took 2 wash downs to get that SMELL off him. Made me gag, when I opened a bag of shrimp.

Besides that..........

So I did 7 minutes of CORE. OMG I am SO weak in abd, upper arms, and balance strength. I had to stop. I DEF need to work on this. I did a rando video for SENIORS and they were kicking my booty. So- I am still going to shoot for 15 minute tops a day for right now in CORE.
I will keep up the walking.

YAY Trig- for putting in some Core building too! WE can do just 10-15 minutes a day will make a HUGE difference. Truly everyone has 15 minutes somewhere in the day.

Girl- 2 words to you: CARB CREEP- BEWARE. Ok that was 3. Reel it in and go back to ZERO on the lips. You and I can go off the rails over a bite here or there of the wrong stuff.
The "tastes" and carbs entice our gut and head to GET MORE.
Remember that Carnivore Blood eating Flower from Little shop of Horrors, that screamed FEED ME , FEED ME, FEED ME. - oh yeah- time to pull the plus on that bad boy!

Go get you a sweet package of ribs, or steak, or even a package of nitrate free hotdogs. I have noticed that when I just "want something", bacon or hotdogs will suffice.

Kiddo has SENIORITIS! - it's a real deal thing! No cure- just graduation.
Did she finish French- please say yes............

Nic- Girl I am hearing your exhaustion in your post. You have been literally all over the work and back! You think it's the traveling or you feel feel bad? Lack of sleeping in your own bed, or just non-stop no time to decompress?
We are here............. HUGS ...............

Lori- I get cold and rainy. This has been the funkiest Spring I ever remember here! It is normally SWEALTERING by this time!

I am wondering if the cable people can give you a call on their way- so you can meet them over there? I would hate waiting in a big house with nothing to do either!
URghhhhhhhh

Yup- I got laundry spinning too!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Going to do all the apt hunting I said I would do yesterday but didn't. It is COLD here right now- 53 and windy (but sunny). Just to cold to be out. My apt is 67 and I am refusing to turn on the heat- I put on a sweatshirt.

So I will get my housing hunt on while I sip coffee and wait for it to warm up outside.

I was up 3 times last night with GI "issues"- bubble guts to the max. I def ate something that didn't agree. Not sure if it was the tomato paste, garlic powder, or my forgetting to drain the grease from the hamburger before I made "soup". No veggies besides the tomato paste. But for some people it is inflammatory. ok- just beef patties today- pure, nothing added. Need gut rest.
I am so tired of dealing with this finicky gut. I will figure it out. I think overall - I have really come a long way in the last year.

Thinking I am going to Greenville Fri/Sat- Dinner with kids Friday evening. Back here in Charleston Saturday evening. will check weather. Want to get list of places to tour. I am not just yet ready to buy yet. Holding off for a minute. So, looking yea to rent for one more year.
I would like to have two places actually. One in Greenville and on in St. Simon! I want my beach shack too!

Ok- going to get into my day.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-23, 20:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Decided to bag the flight (points- just goes back in the points bank) and drive to ATL. Left around noon and made it to Spartanburg. I'm gonna go to bed. Not too far to go tmrw- about 3 hours or less. I plan on chilling a while before I head out bc I can't check into the Airbnb until 4 anyway, so I'll plan to get to them around 1 or so.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-23, 04:10

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nic.....Safe travels. Sometimes a road trip is less frustrating than navigating flights and airports. Hope things go well for you with your Mom.

Jaz......OMG.....dog rolling in dead fish?! How horrible. Just another one of the joys of dog ownership, right? What are you finding as far as housing options in Greenville?

Trig....I'm sure DD is OVER high school and ready to move on. Won't be long now.

----------

Got the cable disconnected yesterday at Betty's old house. I got a text about 9:15AM and he was there in about 30 minutes. Grabbed the cable boxes & remotes from the 3 tvs and that was that. I was up at the house clearing out some stuff while I waited. The first floor clean out is going to be SO much. Oh well, that's a future worry.

Supposed to play golf today, but it's so cold this morning(40). It's supposed to be very sunny, but only getting up to around 60 by this afternoon. I'm still debating whether I want to play or not. My regular partner isn't playing as she's been dealing with a stiff neck since Monday. I'm supposed to play with another friend and her boyfriend. Not sure.

Well, I need to go throw some bacon in the oven. Have good days!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-23, 06:58

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Safe Travels NIC- Greenville, Spartanburg, Atl. In MY back yard! Where are ya staying? You know ATL. has some great Korean BBQ. Hope it goes smoothly whatever is going down. Are you hoping to get the condo sold, on the market, or momma moved? Hoping all goes as planned.
Curious- how long did it take you to get from MD to Spartanburg? That is a frekin HAUL!
Took me two FULL days to get to DE from Atl. That is a trip for sure!

Lori- OMG yes, the joy of dog parent! The crap they get into. He is still all puppy at times trust me! He doesn't turn two until May. Hard to believe I have had him two years now and Bella has been gone a little more than two years. I still miss her deeply! Pets make us better humans!

Glad you didn't have to wait all day yesterday to get the cable crap taken care of! Urghhhh I dropped off my boxes and cable to the local store when I left Atl. and Pooler. But ya you gotta wait to have service TURNED on..... WHY it is a flick of a button.

Sorry no game today! Hopefully the sun will dry out the course, and you will have play time. I have been waiting all winter for this conversation. = Spring/ Summer- Sun and warm!

Yeah.... on Betty's first floor "stuff" I would take what you and the family want first, offer to rest of family, and then call the same people and have THEM just clear it for you done.
How is our Betty- going strong?
Is hubby doing any better?

Trig- Yup- agreed your DD is OVER high school. I remember the same feeling, don't you? I was just OVER IT. I wanted my life and I wanted it NOW. SCHOOL was for "children".
So funny how that mentality changed when as an adult I went BACK to school!
Is the French class resolved? Hoping- so you all can move on from that. What a nightmare for all! French- hardest of all to learn! I would only take that class so I would know how to curse in French. It would sound like a song! HAHAHAHAH- Less vulgar than some words that blurb outta this class act mouth of mine! LOLOLOL

Needing just beef today and for a few days. How is your bite here and there going? You know I said what I did, as you would to me. You and are alot alike in that we are carb ADDICTS. Some can get away with a small bit of this or that. It sends people like you and me off the rails. At least for me a dinner has sent me off the rails for a week. It is a brain thing- just a "little" crack (carb) can't hurt...........for me it is the potatoes, pasta, corn, pizza, rice, cheese, that is OFF LIMITS. BIG SAVORY STARCH= 50 pounds right back on these hips.

I am STILL working to get these 5 pounds, now 4 off from my re-gain. I was 55 down- regained 5, dropped 1. Working off 4. I am up and stalled. So yeah......... .a bite here and there. It has to be pure and clean. We are different. Hence- OUR WAY.

Any work on the farm this week? About time to think about the pool, and getting that mower out! You said you got a small one out yesterday. I take it was still a riding one?
You grill much?
----------------------------------------------------------------

I am so over fish- the SMELL, and taste right now. I am fished out. Didn't help the "boy" rolled in dead fish. Now the smell of that on my plate- gross......
Just wanting MEAT right now. Smoked turkey, BBQ ribs, hamburgers!

I am making some progress in the housing situation in Greenville. So I made a list off Apt. Finders and the one I picked were $$ and they sucked in the rating.
Ratings actually mean something to me if from a verified source.
So I found a website called "Apt, rating, reviews, and listings" . So I plugged in my filters, and max budget. I came up with about 10!
I wrote them down and two were from my previous list.

So I went to each website last night and narrowed it down to 8. I will be making a trip here very shortly to go visit. I have learned, that ya gotta see it, regardless of a pic. Especially since it is not a few weeks of staying! I am looking at a year lease. Then I want to re-evaul from there. Next year..... is this where I want to stay? Buy? Beach? Ect,,,,,,,,,

I will check the weather here and go for an overnight and come back. I plan to take my time- and not get into a panic decision. I will start my job here. Take a weekend and move into my space sometime in May. Then take another weekend to go get my "stuff" from Atl. And move it to Greenville. That will involve a truck and movers on both sides.
I can do ok- for a week or two with a "kitchen in a box, blow up bed, and a card table with WIFI/Internet. I did it in Pooler. I have a "complete kitchen" in a box. One pan, coffee maker, 2 plates, bowls, storage containers, spices, and now I will be lugging my toaster oven/Air fryer. All good. I bring my own bedding to these places so I have that- and pillows and clothes. I just need a blow up bed and card table good to go for a sec.

Another adventure from Jaz. Hard to believe I will be strapped down for a year!!!!!!! That is going to be ROUGH. LOLOLOLOLOL
Living out of a camper sounds so much more appealing to me. But society would call that "homeless"...... LOLOLOL I call it freedom to choose where I want to park my head.

Well- I have some onboarding paperwork for my new job to complete. A beach to visit, and a stop at the grocery for some hamburger.
I need to fiddle around still with getting a bit more organized. Still need to get my stretches in, and this magazine finished from Dec. LOLOLOL

STELLAR DAY on tap- Pure sun, 84 degrees and GA BLUE SKIES.

Into my day!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-23, 08:10

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, safe travels. That is a haul for driving after all your trips oversea and then to NYC....girl ya ain't stopping....but you guys will get it hashed out....it ain't ever fun, when ya start 'the big changes' for the elders, but darn, once it is more settled it all becomes a huge relief....hold strong

Lori, yea I am sure you are glad even cable is done LOL
I am SO close to NOT paying and keeping up my parents home.
Now we are paying bills on MILs house and maintenance etc....just a monkey wrench in life....I know you know this You guys keep plugging along too, it all gets settled in the end and hope we don't tear all our hair out handling it all LOL

To golf or not to golf, be interesting to see which one ya did

Jazz, yea carb creep IS ON my mind. Not a doubt. Which is why I hold to my 1 bite rule, I never take 2 bites cause if I do.....and lately been taking 2 bites which turn into 3. Never do a full blown off the cuff meal or anything insane, but I see the BIG creep.....I am not liking it....the old saying, I am one french fry away from total collapse, this rings absolutely full on truth for me. I am trying to hunker down. ugh.....

smart for you to stop bubble guts with 'clean food' Your tomate paste and some spices and more are 'getting' the guts in a twist. GO super clean food then add in 1 spice only. See how ya do. Then another meal you eat only 1 type of extra like condiment etc. and see how ya do. Elimination baby....what works for us and against us and we find out real fast what turns the guts sour and what keeps the guts working good. You will work that out...very personal for each of us.

Cool ya got new apts to check. GET A good one like ya said, make sure it truly is Ruger efficient for walking etc. AND no drug neighbors
A year settled for you....wow....like ya said ya ain't done it in a while but it is a good thing cause in that time, YOU know you ain't moving again right away, you truly can find a more 'solid future' you do want down the line on where to land. Good path for you to explore it out.

Yea, kiddo has an 85 in french right now. All cause....guess this....I make her DO the work....who knew one could pass if they turned in assignments HAHA ugh

-----------------SO hubby calls me from work. Past due elec bill from his mom. He is getting lax on paying her house bills.....I set up online acct and got that handled. And here we go....bills for others, it gets so damn confusing at some point when the bills aren't auto withdrawl and this and that....hubby is getting so over cause hell he hasn't paid a bill in like, 40 yrs LOL Of course now it will all fall on me as I expected.....ok, do it, move on...bleck

sunny nice day and 'feels way more like summer' but no pool yet...long way to go still.

I am getting lax in extra bites and more than I should, cause I KNOW me and I actually feel the clothes getting tighter....a bit, but how easily can that snowball and how fast til I can't fit in them anymore....WAY TOO damn fast for me. OK today is day 1 stop the creep. Wish me luck...

off to do this and that as usual. laundry will wash itself, it won't fold itself HA
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-23, 09:26

BF:

Well.....went to the golf course and met my friend. Turns out her BF is playing with us tomorrow. Anyway, it was just the 2 of us and we stood in the parking lot with a cold NW wind blowing and only in the 40's......HE!! no! We looked at each other and said.....How about we go for breakfast instead? Deal! We went to this sweet little place and I had the BEST Bloody Mary that I've ever had. For $8.50, it should be good, but I didn't mind too much as I really enjoyed it. We sat for over an hour and just talked about all manner of things. It was very enjoyable. Now I'm back home and sitting under blankets. It looks so nice out...sunny etc, but it is still cold! Bah! I may go for a walk later, but it seems unlikely. My cleaning lady comes today, so I'll just stay out of her way.

That's it from here.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-23, 14:06

BF:

Lori- Yum and Yum on a Bloody Mary "lunch" add 2-3 shrimp in that drink and call it a "meal"

Yeah- 40ish degrees you won't catch me out unless have to.

Cool you got out with a friend and just chilled!

Trig- Ok- you and know when we NEED to pull that plug before we hit the OMG what just happened? I am up 20 pounds. NO MORE BITES PERIOD.
Make some food you love to have "on hand", bacon, deviled eggs, BBQ, Crab- get it. Eat as much as you want for the next few day as you DETOX from BITE GARBAGE.

Stay outta the kitchen. You cook for others. Make them a "version" of what you are eating and you DO YOU. RIBS, POT ROAST, BACON, Crab legs- stuff you know you can eat and not go sideways.
Trust me girlie I know just how FAST I put on my weight, without blinking. That was the SECOND TIME. This is the LAST GO ROUND for both of us! You GOT this chick- DO IT. WE ARE WORTH the high end meats, ribs, shrimp, ect. No garbage.

Start watching a video a day of successful Carnivore people on You tube!
You GOT THIS!
------------------------------------------------------

Beautiful day! I spent a good deal of my day at the beach hunting sharks teeth. - all I got was red shoulders and a wonderful walk in. I left pupper at home.

Come back to apt and had a very think sliced steak that was mostly gristle. I hate that. So, I made two angus hotdogs and now I am feeling full, and kitchen is closed and ready to have a breeze wine and chill. It is so nice out. It really feels summer time today!

I got "red" on my beach walk - so I am staying out of the sun rest of the day- but have the patio wide open and a fan going, music, going, and summertime vibe going!

My mother is driving me batty. She is losing it and I am her "thing" to think about.......... She forgets she just called me about XYZ.......... add drinking into that mix- holy cow. I let it go to VM after a certain point. I will leave it at that.

Speaking of "oldies"........ I took a typing test today for the new job and failed it miserably. I hope they don't change their minds. That would really suck. I had issues with their "testing"- the forward buttons didn't show up on my laptop- so I timed out and it failed me.
If this doesn't work out, I am going to apply to Trader Joes and take an apt at a senior apt center and call it a day......... LOLOLOLOL

Later gators- off to sit and watch the river come back in with the tide.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-23, 03:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Woke up thinking about that darn Bloody Mary from yesterday. Man, I could go for one of them again today! I'll be meeting my friend and her BF around 9 this morning. My regular partner isn't playing as she is battling poison ivy or something on her forearm/wrist area. She sent me a picture....it looks bad. She's heading to the Dr. today. I suspect she'll get a script for Prednisone and maybe some cream of some sort. She's hoping to be able to play tomorrow as it's supposed to be a beautiful day.

The weather for all of next week looks like crap. Sigh.....50's and cloudy with showers? Bah!

--------

Jaz.....Could you contact someone at your new job and explain the reason for the poor typing test? Maddening that all the "buttons" didn't display on your laptop. It sounds like you had a nice beach day. Keep those shoulders covered today!

Trig....What's happening today?

Nic.....Hope your trip to ATL went well. Thinking of you.

--------

Over & out!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-23, 05:15

BF:

Nicco hope all is stable in Atl. Hugs!!

Lori, big cold wind or a bloody Mary morning? You know which gets my vote HA

Weather is so close to our hot flip!!!

Jazz thanks for pep talk on carb creep! Feel ya on it all.

Sorry on your mom issues/situtation and I would VM at a point easily too so don't worry on it all.

Agree with Lori if needed an explanation but any remote job you can have too so hold in there and see what goes down.

I never got the email on Ruger etc.

-------------for me watching me. haven't hit a scale in a long time, don't wanna which is a bad thing. maybe later for accountability? I don't know I am in some mood against it all but why? no idea on it. big girl panty time LOL

SO GOOD thing I sent IRS the check. I had IRS under OLD email acct which I checked. Saw 2 IRS emails. one said payment confirmed to auto draw, done, 2nd said could not process cause of some issue with process......bleck. Me bad...but IRS shoulda know paying online failed? ugh...Check will be cashed and done. SO OVER friggin' bills and more LOL

gotta get my parents home bills in mail today.....closing on house going smoothly....omg I SO want this over and off me.

all good so far around here kinda so take that and will run with it
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-23, 06:08

BF:

Morning Ladies and Lurkers-

We have 2 pages and over 430ish views- there are some BORED people out there I tell ya! I tend to forget we are broadcasting! MEH- beats Tick Tock I guess. I can sit here in my PJ's and type away.

HAHA on that typing test. I am not too worried about it. IF it gets brought up- I am just going to tell them the truth- my screen was not big enough to fit the program. Hopefully the monitors and equipment they send is big enough. No biggie.

Yeah, I am going to attempt to hold this one for a good minute.
We all know how much I LOVE working for THE MAN! LOLOLOL

Trig- Girl the flip switch for being HOT has happened here! FULL on SUMMER SUN here. Good time to tighten and lighten "beach body" HAHAHAH- yeah. Like I give a flying fig anymore. I do care, but now it more about HEALTHY than thin.

I am with ya on not liking the scale. I think I became a bit obsessed with the number. I am still a bit that way- I am sulking over being up from my low. Although now it isn't 5 pounds it is 2. I am down 3. Bounce house crap. Up 5 down 3, up 3 down 5. Round and round.
I plan to get off that merry go round and just focus.

Glad you are getting your stuff in order. OMG on the mix up with the IRS- at least it was fixable.

What is on your menu today???????? -

Lori- Hope you get some good play in! URGHHHH on 50's and cloudy and rain! BLECK.
Doesn't it feel great to have some time back in your life to do whatever you want? I am happy how things have turned out. A huge blessing actually. It a win for everybody.
Time for some summer fun!

Any plans to see sis?

Yeah- I could see a Bloody Mary breakfast- THAT IS FOR SURE! YUM.

Nic- - Wondering how you're doing with all that you are handling right now! HUGS and MORE hugs! How long are you staying? What a drive! Sending good vibes your way!
At least you got good weather here!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Yup- I tossed and turned most of last night. Why? Just one of "those" nights where your mind flips "on" and won't turn off. Then I heard every little creak, pipe, water, bug outside for miles.

My snuggle bug - put himself back to bed. He peed, sniffed his food and went back to bed. The little creatin.

Going to be a STELLAR day again. Hot, blue skies, full sun. Yeah, my freckles are in full bloom! HA. I do get red fast. I have more pale skin than I like. Time for some sun screen. I usually ditch the makeup about this time of year for sunscreen and call it a day, sans lipstick! Must have lip stick.

EATS: Yesterday was a GREAT eating day for me. I had a very thin cut steak that was more gristle than meat. But I polished it off with 2 Angus all beef nitrate free hotdogs with horseradish mustard. I was good.

Today will be burger patties (chuck 80/20), and maybe another hotdog.

Tomorrow is a pork loin day. So planned out.

Planning to drive to Atl. to lay eyes on my mother Sat./Sun. Then Greenville Mon/Tue- coming back here Tue. evening.
I am hopeful that I can find 1/8 apts on my list I like.
I am not signing anything just yet as I plan to stay here though most of May. I want to do a walkthrough of each and take notes and then think about it. Get an actual check from the new company and make a budget and then move. I have an idea of what I want to spend.

So that is the plan for the weekend- -Tue.
Lots of driving for sure. It will be 5 solid hours to get to Atl. from here. then 2 hours to Greenville- driving all day in Greenville. Then back here.
I did get my oil changed, and car in tip top shape. Shes ready to go! Anyone say ROAD TRIP?!?!?!?!?!?! Do I hear an AMEN?!?!?!

Later gators- I need a walk in before it gets HOT! - Now I want a Bloody Mary..........You know the Charleston Mixer spicy is the best! Just sayin....... hummmmmmmm
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-23, 02:32

BF:

Good EARLY morning!

3AM wake up call this morning. I see a nap in my future. My golf partner had to cancel again as her Dr. appt for her rash got pushed back to today. She is not a happy girl. It's a shame as today is going to be a beautiful sunny day. I'll get out for a walk to enjoy it at some point. We had a chilly start on the golf course yesterday, but it warmed up quickly and was fantastic. Played ok....some good, some bad, as usual.

-----------

Jaz.....you asked if I have any plans to see my sister. Yes! She says she is coming to our house for a few days in May. I really hate to see her drive all the way here, but she says she's fine. I offered to come and get her and then take her back home, but she doesn't want me spending all that time on the road. It's 2.5 hours each way. That's nothing compared to the driving you're going to do this weekend! A road trip for sure!

Trig....Thank goodness you got the IRS mess straightened out. What a cluster! Fingers crossed that the house sale gets finished up without any issues. What a relief that will be.

Nic....Thinking about you and hoping things are going well.

----------

Well, the trouble with getting up SO early is that I'm hungry within an hour or so of waking up. No intermittent fasting for this old gal. If I could sleep like a normal person, I could easily do it. Oh well.....this is my life right now. Sleep deprived and hungry!

Have a good Friday!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-23, 05:31

BF:

Nicco sending good vibes things are being handled easy and ok for ya!!!!

Jaz, forget bounce house scale crap keep doing some core work and keep moving as you do....you will go down down down a size without the scale moving a lb.....next thing ya know you need smaller clothes beauty of zc....lean and mean at a higher weight on that stupid scale.

You sure got a busy time coming at ya. Mom and kid visit and checking out apts for new digs and more.....just breath thru it all LOL I can't wait to see your new complex you get for living, get one with a darn pool!!!

I also wonder if the 'views' to our thread is messed up somehow, no way that many are reading this crap we type out HAHA

Lori ya had me cracking up for sure If you could sleep normal!!! I SO get ya on that!! Before we switched to farming life I 'was normal' when doing my corporate job ya know...stayed up 'normal' and went to bed normal' but real fast I changed that to my crazy abnormal like you!!

Your golf will improve cause you are a good golfer, you just need the better weather to make ya enjoy playing more!

----------------HIP HIP HOORAY....Closing on my parents lake house is on Monday at 11. Done and off me. Sad thinking that chapter will be very closed and over ya know....30 yrs of fun in that home with my parents and all the kids enjoying the lake and us having such great times....but move forward is all we can do.

but then I got hubby's 'hoarder' home/barns/out buildings to tackle next. Can't even think about it.

Gonna get started on tackling the back porch. hubby to get his contractor friend to come and price out etc....got 30 yrs of rotting boards. Yea time to sink in a cool 10k or more into replacement. shoot me easily on this one...ugh...

got me 4 big chick wings to finish and defrosting 2 lbs of nice pork chops all for me. zc day covered.

be good all, just alive and cruising along. Yea the carb creep is still calling my name, still a bit of a battle for me but holding on by the skin of my chinny chin chin....ugh some days ya know.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-23, 09:20

BF:

Hey Ladies and Lurkers!

I bet we DO have that many "views"!!!!!!! WE talk about life and interesting stuff! Who wouldn't want to follow the tales of 4 ladies.

I mean think about it- we are all walks of life- in all parts of the country and have been "together" now for 9 years? 8 years?
I can't remember except I started with you all back in the Old Site when I FIRST moved to Greenville at the beginning. That was.......... 8-9 years ago? Dam I can't remember crap anymore.

Any Who- here we are still plugging along and going about life.
They could do a show about us!
Farm life, Golfer, Gypsy, and Organizer/family matriarch. LOLOLOLOL = best group ever!

I am still a tad bit red on these shoulders. I need the sunscreen for sure. Brilliant sun today!

Lori- I am thrilled sis is coming! I know you are too! I was wondering when you two would get together!

Glad you got some play time in yesterday. Yup- get outside and get that walk in for sure!

I hate it on those nights I get up at 3 and then toss and turn. I have heard that taking some Magnesium at night helps with sleep and wt loss. I am trying it for both reasons. It can't hurt.

Trig- - I know you are bitter sweet about the sale on the 11th. I am happy that the closure is there too! I think it is grand that your momma left you something you can pass onto your kiddo (collage fund) and then a bit for you!
You will use it wisely!

I feel the pull of nibbles. I sure do. I think for me- it is emotional eating. I am a bit outta sorts being in such a big transition. I am not sure why this time FEELS different than the rest.
Maybe because I realize that getting a decent job at my age with "my" wants is hard to find. I am not sure just what will come after this one. (OMG) already thinking of the NEXT! I guess I too am thinking about how I am going to cruise into true retirement like you. It is an ever present thought now!

So yea,,,,,, I know I want a bowl of some starch with a pile of melted cheese on it. NOT and WON'T. Doesn't mean I don't think about it and want it.

Let's hold each other accountable! I sure need it right now.

Nic- I know you are driving and somewhere north of me by now. Or at least I am hoping so! It is 11 am- Sunny and great driving weather for you.

Get coffee as you need, burger patties (no bun) as you need- turn the radio up and road trip it home girl. We are thinking about you! HUGS and SAFE TRAVELS.
I can't wait to hear you are in your DE nest doing nothing!
--------------------------------------------------------------

It is just HOT and HUMID here today. The sun is pretty intense. Very humid now too.
We are getting a cool front that will blow through tomorrow with a storm. I am watching that pretty close as I am leaving to go right through it on my way to ATL.

Then it is Greenville for two days and "home"..... well condo.
I am also a bit anxious over this move. I am not allowed to have any time off for the next 3 months. Meaning I need to make this next move in pieces. I have done it that way in Pooler, and it was messy and $$$$ and sucked up a ton of time.

Soooooooo I am thinking I will tour Mon/Tue. Know where I am going. Get settled in my job for a second. Get PAID and then take one of the ones I choose. I will pack up the car and head there on a Saturday.

My issue is Internet. It takes a few weeks to get hooked up somewhere and someone needs to be there present for them to hook it up. (So antiquated). I also need to get right back online Monday morning for work! I am stressing over it. My DD said she doesn't have 5-6 hours to just WAIT on cable people. I get it- but yeah I am stressing over it.
I also thought maybe I could do a Abnb in Greenville- find a place, get keys and get hook ups while I am there and THEN move in.
The logistics on this move are different as it will be unfurnished.

NOT ORDERING A PIZZA........ yeah- still up from my low. Cortisol weight gain I really do feel!

I will figure this out. Not my first rodeo, or last!

EATS: left over hamburger beef cooked- drop 2 eggs on it- call it a day.

Tomorrow my mom is having ribs/ and I am buying steak for Sunday. Monday/Tue I will be on the road and figure it out.

It will all work out- I am being the worry wart now!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-23, 03:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I would be beyond stressed in your situation. As you said, it will all work out, but just thinking about all the "pieces" is mind boggling. Safe travels this weekend as you hit the road again.

Trig....I'm sure you'll be so relieved when the papers are signed on Monday. I know you've been dreading dealing with the "hoarder" house. You'll make it thru......somehow we always do!

Nic.....Thinking of you. Hope you're having/had a good trip home.

----------

Warm this morning. Rain & t-storms coming this afternoon. We're hoping to get our round of golf in before it hits. It's going to be close. I looked at the tee sheet online and it looks like the course will be packed this morning. That means slow play. We're just a twosome today, so we'll be doing a lot of waiting, I'm afraid.

I got out for a 45 minute..2 mile...walk yesterday. My knees were not a bit happy about it. They were "barking" for some reason. They seem ok now, but I notice I am having more discomfort in them lately......getting old sux. Just gotta keep moving.

Happy Saturday!
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-23, 04:59

BF:

Lori, getting old sucks, just ask my Mom if she was around or Betty now or Nicco's elders and Jazz's mom and damn if we all aren't walkin' straight that way into way friggin' older too LOL sux, yup. Ahhh to have our youth back but darn one thing we can have is healthier bodies as we do fight the age we all get hit with....so far we are all doing well....fingers crossed and we keep going

Yea we got big tstorms coming later. day is chilly and icky outside and one can feel the rain in the air looming.

Jazz, you got a jumble to handle but nice thing is when handled ya can set back and relax knowing ya won't be in full on movement to change up anything, you can nest up a bit. But I think you thrive in a way on a bit of chaos and upset....but you got your limits too I think you will be ok.

yea I am emotional triggered first eater cause when my mood and defenses go down, it tends to just drop all food focus too, it sends me into wanting comfort land crap to eat, I can go there so fast in a blink...but then real fast I become a 'body insulin' body desires carbs eater and it snowballs SO fast for me into crazy land. I know I gotta watch me like a hawk right now.

Your travel sounds wild for the days you are visiting and checking out apts and more.......remember, get a POOL complex!!!

Nicco.....safe travels and home now? Hit the bedroom, closed the door, everyone LEAVE me alone for a bit to get my bearings? That would be me LOL Hope all is good, let us know the crazy of it all when ya can.

------------today big storms looming so that just means inside stuff kinda.

So kiddo kinda hits like 20 text messags in a row on my cell phone.......HEY HEY HEY HEY and key being......my cell phone is off in a far corner on the charger, I don't use the damn thing HAHA If she would just call the house phone I would answer first ring...duh, ugh......but walking thru the house picking up and putting crap back where it belongs after 'they dump' it everywhere I hear, ding ding ding ding ding from my phone...WTH? Her texting me....HEY HEY HEY HEY YOU THERE HEY HEY HAHA....gosh....so I text back WHAT!

she says can we drive her friend to get her prom dress. her family sucks rocks and won't help her???? huh...hmmm...but get this....drive to get Chloe, then drive far away to another town way across the other direction to pick up debit card from sister at work, drive back the other way past her home into town to get the dress, then way back to her house, then home and I am like NOPE. She gets flustered. I say only 1 way I am doing this.....have Chloe call her Sis at work, have Sis call dress shop, pay over phone, bill all paid and done and we will drive her to pickup. Believe me it woulda been a 2 hr trip for this pickup when I know we could narrow it down to like 45 mins. IF they did what I asked....omg all the bullshi"" texts back and forth.....my kid and Chloe and alot of teens hitting adults are like 'just stupid' when it comes how to navigate life 'the friggin' easy way' ya know HAHA So after a ton of texts with her confusing me saying I am confusing them......I say, you know what I said, you know what to do....DO IT and then let me know.

about 15 mins later kiddo texts to me Chloe called Sis at work. Sis called dress shop and paid bill online. All we do is pick up dress. WELL DUH YA KNOW....haha.....so off we went when she got home and got Chloe who has bright blue hair...with some eyebrow piercings, a nose pierce and a few lip piercings to boot.....yea get that connection as a friend but very nice girl...kiddo drove to show off she could and we got her dress and got her home in good fast fashion. I am a 'point A to B fast easy' errand driver, to do what they wanted woulda drove me insane...yes I am that sad over things like that LOL but all good...good deed done for the day I guess.

THEN IN the car her gas is on empty!! We get Chloe and then her car dings dings, low fuel ding and she freaks. She stops at the stop sign and starts googling nearest gas station LOL going bonkers literally and I am like chill, if required, IF car dies it will just fade off with no gas, coast to side of road and all is fine if that ever happens and that blew her mind more Her Dad and her ran damn near dry coming home from Asheville on their epic party dinner!! she was pizzing and moaning HOW could he leave her with no gas and I said in momma tone, the driver SHOULD look at their gauge in the car when they drive next.....yea Daddy screwed ya but it is up to you to CHECK IT TOO.....oh the chat in the car was hysterical with her just freaking to get gas! We got gas, but what an ordeal for the like 9 minute ride to hit a gas station near Chloe's house.....too wild and funny on it all with Chloe laughing in the back saying hey your mom is better chatting with your driving then my mom was....she said her mom freaked from the minute they drove til they got home....she said she won't ever drive with her again HAHA
My brain is June 28. She passes drive test and no more momma on point in car, she can go on her own...oh yea baby!!

kiddo might go to after party with friends, she is not sure. we shall see what goes down after prom stuff....but might be icky night, got thunder going on outside right now. far off boomers are now closing in on the house being bigger boomers!!!

pork chops and burger. zc day covered. still watching me, I am not to be trusted by anyone or myself right now HA ugh....pain...

be good all, over and out

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Apr-22-23 at 05:26.