Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-23, 12:28

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
As people lose substantial amounts of weight they are expected to lose some muscle, so exercise will remain crucial.

If they won't exercise while heavy then they would not exercise when lighter. It seems that the population would be thinner, weaker people. That can't be healthy.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-23, 19:46

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
<...snip...>

When DH and I go to the grocery store, I've noticed how much we get from circling the outside instead of going up and down the aisles like everyone else.

<...>

That's us, too. Very few aisles, very little processed food, and for me it's fewer than 20 net carbs per day, or I'll gain weight.

Sure, I'd like a slice of pecan pie, or some brownies, pancakes, fried potatoes, and so many other great tasting foods, but I want to live a long, healthy life.

People have the right to do dangerous things that bring them enjoyment even if it makes their life shorter. It's called Liberty and Freedom.

I made the choice to go low carb when everything else failed. That was when Bob Atkins was still alive.

I'm 77, on zero medications, my doc wants to see me once a year and calls me an easy patient. He says I have the heart and circulatory system of a health person in their 50s. All my blood work comes in the normal range with the exception of LDL which is a tad high, and my doc says he wishes his was that low, and I have enough HDL to cover it.

So for me anyway, the fat phobia is incorrect. I eat high fat, moderate protein, and very few carbs. It's obviously working for me.

But the media keeps hammering plant based, low fat, and so on, and most people don't realize they are nothing more than covert advertisements for corporate farming and food processing.

And there is nothing most of us can say to them that will help them. It must be true, it's on TV (the salesman in your living room).

Bob
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-23, 05:43

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
So for me anyway, the fat phobia is incorrect. I eat high fat, moderate protein, and very few carbs. It's obviously working for me.

But the media keeps hammering plant based, low fat, and so on, and most people don't realize they are nothing more than covert advertisements for corporate farming and food processing.

And there is nothing most of us can say to them that will help them. It must be true, it's on TV (the salesman in your living room).

Bob

I utterly agree, Bob. It might be illustrative of what I did with my cat food situation, too.

My 13 year old cat has always had a sensitive tummy. But this was outright upset, and before I made a vet appointment -- and having read Ultra Processed People -- I read all their cat food labels. And found some foods to eliminate.

It's a month later and he's doing so much better I put the appointment on hold. He's not undernourished, as he's growing in the patches of fur he lost from stress and undereating. So those food additives weren't doing him any favors.

I've always had good luck with low carb for my cats, too. But of course they are feeding our pets the same junk they serve us.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Oct-29-23, 08:40

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Forwarded from a friend, an email from WW:

The WeightWatchers shop is closing

Quote:
We're a brand that cares deeply about social connections and community. That's why we want to focus on what we do best and what our members value most about us: support for one another, accountability, and a sense of community.

In the coming months, we intend to focus 100% on a simplified member experience in the app and workshops to strengthen our core competence as a human-centric technology company powered by the world's leading commercial weight management program.

For this reason we have decided to discontinue the sale of our products in our online shop and Studios by the end of this year. Until then, members and consumers will still be able to purchase products in Studio locations until early December and from the online Shop until December 20th. All sales are final.

With this decision, we are focusing on what we know matters most to support our members on their weight loss journey: a livable and easy-to-follow program.

Warmly,
WeightWatchers Team

You know all that garbage food we sold? It was a scam…onto to the next dangerous medication where you can lose a lot of weight…and it will be mostly lean muscle….because we care deeply.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-23, 18:43

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
<...snip...>
My 13 year old cat has always had a sensitive tummy. <...>

When I was a child, our family cat kept getting cystitis. Finally the vet asked what kind of food we were feeding her, my parents answered, and he said change the food, that one had something I don't remember in it (I was just a kid). My parents changed the food, and the cat did fine.

That cat knew when we went fishing. I think she could smell the tackle on the way out, because as soon as we hit the driveway, the cat went a good kind of crazy. Of course, we always fed her some fresh fish when we got home. My dat was an ace fisherman, and we had some good times.