Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-23, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/226/215 Male 6-2
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
At 6’2” your goal would be 180 grams of protein! Don’t think you can eat that in one breakfast.

What you Eat Determines how much you Eat.

no but breakfast only is how I lost 3 lbs over the weekend then when I got back to my normal eating schedule on Monday through yesterday, by today I had put the 3 back on and I only eat between 10am and 7pm.

Like right now I ate 5 eggs at 10am, its 11:17 my time and I feel I haven't eaten for a week....lol

I drink a ton of water, 8-10 bottles a day of poland spring and the bottles are 16.9oz each

Last edited by Kp33 : Fri, Feb-24-23 at 10:20.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-23, 10:41
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
At 6’2” your goal would be 180 grams of protein! Don’t think you can eat that in one breakfast.

What you Eat Determines how much you Eat.

This page and the Tips Tab on same site will give you some ideas.
https://www.lowenergydiet.com/HowtoeataLED.html

and the link in this post is exactly what I do.

For example tonight, small salad with a ribeye and green beans for dinner.

Last edited by Kp33 : Fri, Feb-24-23 at 10:56.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-23, 11:00

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Eggs on their own don't do much for my satiety either.
I added this suggestion to an earlier post.

"Consider for breakfast 2 eggs (for the nutrients like choline) plus 6 - 8 oz.egg whites, add a lean meat like Canadian bacon, turkey bacon, canned fish, leftover chicken, maybe include some vegetables.

Eat higher protein and lower fat than you do now, increase the protein % of your diet slowly. There are more food lists in the first few posts of my journal. I usually eat two meals a day, plus a high protein, low fat dairy snack, e.g. protein powder in Fage 0% yogurt. So first meal is not "breakfast" but more a brunch so I have stir fries, or salad both with 6-8 oz of a lean protein." If I get hungry before dinner, a protein powder shake or yogurt or cottage cheese if very filling.

#34   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-23, 11:29

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

You mean that was ALL you were eating?

I agree with JEY.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Feb-24-23, 11:39
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
You mean that was ALL you were eating?

I agree with JEY.

Don't understand your response of that's all I was eating?

My normal day is:

5 eggs cooked in butter at 10am

1 can of tuna with mayo, 1:00pm

around 5:00pm salad with chicken for dinner, the salad was lettuce, dill pickles, grape tomatoes, cucumbers and dressing(no more than 15 carbs total), if i didn't do salad I did some type of meat, steak chicken thighs something along those lines with a vegetable (broccoli or green beans), and for a snack 5-6 strawberries about 100 grams.

Are you saying thats not enough food?

Last edited by Kp33 : Fri, Feb-24-23 at 11:53.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-23, 04:15

You have a good Atkins meal plan…but if you are hungry all day, it's not a diet you can "eat forever". And you are not losing weight, right? so I’m making suggestions for a Higher Protein/Lower Energy approach to a LC Atkins diet that may help. It should at least help you feel more satiated.

If you check the macros of your Atkins vs a Higher Protein plan, it could be considered Not Enough Protein and Too Much Fat. Checking the food indicated, adding a wild guess that your chicken/dinner protein was a large 8 oz piece, you only had 135g protein, and most of that was at dinner.**
A bonus hunger smashing tip from both Marty Kendall and Ted Naiman…eat substantial protein in the first meal of the day!

YOURS: 5 large eggs, 1 T butter 32g protein, 38g fat, 500 cal
Can tuna + 2T Mayo. 33g protein. 8 g fat 225 cal
Chicken (8 oz) + salad + dressing. 70 G protein, 18 g fat 500 cal. **

**EDIT: I checked your earlier posts, you mention having 4 Bratwurst links for dinner. 1 Bratwurst has 9g Protein and 21 g fat. Nothing wrong with brats, but if trying to lose weight, that is only 36 G protein, not my generous 70g estimate.

MY FIRST MEAL: is also 500 cal, also 10-11 am…but it has 78g protein,18g fat.
2 large eggs, 4 oz. egg whites from carton, 6 oz. leftover chicken.
My protein goal is 145 g so I’m half way there and will NOT be hungry.
But I also want to eat enough nutrients, esp. calcium, as a 72 yo woman, so mid afternoon I add a 0% fat Fage yogurt and a scoop of protein powder. Just that snack is 50g protein with only 1 g fat, loads of nutrients and a PE ratio of infinity

If you want to move toward toward a Ted Naiman PE ratio and your goal of 180 G protein, start with more protein in the first meal. No guarantees of weight loss, but remember what you really want is lower fat mass with more lean mass, you want body recomposition, and protein is spectacular for that. If I can do it at 72 (see new photo), you can as well.

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showpos...78&postcount=62

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Feb-25-23 at 06:49.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-23, 03:39

Kp33,

Thought of you when I saw Dr Ted Naiman’s Twitter post this morning on his Tuna Salad, since you have that for lunch every day. More on Satiety in the threads on Marty Kendall and Dr Naiman in Semi-Low Carb Forum. https://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Quote:
Tuna salad hint:

100 grams of avocado = 15 grams of fat.

100 grams of mayo = 75 grams of fat.

So skip the mayo and use an avocado instead — tastes better, plus higher Satiety Score™! 😁🙌🏼

🐟 + 🥑 = 🐟🥗

• 1 can tuna 🐟
• 1 avocado 🥑
• scallions, tomatoes, etc 🍅 🧅

and way more nutrients! Another option, take low fat cottage cheese and whip it smooth with an immersion blender is fast and easy. That can replace Mayo anywhere, like ranch dressing, which I use to moisten the tuna, up protein, up nutrients and binds the tuna and vegetables into a crunchy high protein meal. Can sit in fridge for a few days without turning brown

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Feb-27-23 at 05:22.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-23, 09:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
You have a good Atkins meal plan…but if you are hungry all day, it's not a diet you can "eat forever". And you are not losing weight, right? so I’m making suggestions for a Higher Protein/Lower Energy approach to a LC Atkins diet that may help. It should at least help you feel more satiated.

If you check the macros of your Atkins vs a Higher Protein plan, it could be considered Not Enough Protein and Too Much Fat. Checking the food indicated, adding a wild guess that your chicken/dinner protein was a large 8 oz piece, you only had 135g protein, and most of that was at dinner.**
A bonus hunger smashing tip from both Marty Kendall and Ted Naiman…eat substantial protein in the first meal of the day!

YOURS: 5 large eggs, 1 T butter 32g protein, 38g fat, 500 cal
Can tuna + 2T Mayo. 33g protein. 8 g fat 225 cal
Chicken (8 oz) + salad + dressing. 70 G protein, 18 g fat 500 cal. **

**EDIT: I checked your earlier posts, you mention having 4 Bratwurst links for dinner. 1 Bratwurst has 9g Protein and 21 g fat. Nothing wrong with brats, but if trying to lose weight, that is only 36 G protein, not my generous 70g estimate.

MY FIRST MEAL: is also 500 cal, also 10-11 am…but it has 78g protein,18g fat.
2 large eggs, 4 oz. egg whites from carton, 6 oz. leftover chicken.
My protein goal is 145 g so I’m half way there and will NOT be hungry.
But I also want to eat enough nutrients, esp. calcium, as a 72 yo woman, so mid afternoon I add a 0% fat Fage yogurt and a scoop of protein powder. Just that snack is 50g protein with only 1 g fat, loads of nutrients and a PE ratio of infinity

If you want to move toward toward a Ted Naiman PE ratio and your goal of 180 G protein, start with more protein in the first meal. No guarantees of weight loss, but remember what you really want is lower fat mass with more lean mass, you want body recomposition, and protein is spectacular for that. If I can do it at 72 (see new photo), you can as well.

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showpos...78&postcount=62

appreciate all the info the only thing you assumed that is wrong was the chicken its more like 12-14oz but I get what you are saying up my proteins lower my fat, worth a shot for sure, for you other post I am not an avocado fan so that wont work....not my thing but again I see where you are heading with this. Thanks.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-23, 04:43

How are you doing, kp33? Do you feel less hungry with more protein and less fat? Dr. Naiman includes exercise in all his advice/interviews, and posted a new meme.
Realized I had not mentioned this important component of fat loss before, find it on this post:
https://forum.lowcarber.org/showpos...0&postcount=330
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-23, 07:57
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
How are you doing, kp33? Do you feel less hungry with more protein and less fat? Dr. Naiman includes exercise in all his advice/interviews, and posted a new meme.
Realized I had not mentioned this important component of fat loss before, find it on this post:
https://forum.lowcarber.org/showpos...0&postcount=330

Not much better, still cant lose any weight, eating more skinless chicken breast and salad for dinner and not really doing much, getting frustrated because I've been doing all the right things and cant lose. Even with the salad my carbs are never more than 25 a day and if its that high that's a lot. I eat after 10am and never after 7pm, so doing the fasting thing, nothing is working.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 06:36

Sorry to hear you haven’t lost any weight. If you have increased protein %, fiber from healthy carbs, and all types of exercise, I have run out of suggestions
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 09:18

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/233/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 39%

What are you drinking? Are you journaling everything going in? Sounds like something is being missed here. Good luck!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 11:44

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Suggestion in addition to Sandys thought which is fantastic. We often miss something we take for granted.

Sleep. Poor sleep jacks up cortisol and makes weight loss difficult.

Exercise. Again this can stimulate cortisol. Walking is far better than running.

Try shortening eating time a little more on some days.

Eat enough food. When eating keto the body gets sufficient energy to feel safe. If it perceives a very low intake, it knows to protect itself. Think the Biggest Loser show. The body decreases basal metabolic rate to conserve its energy. So, increasing fat intake can increase weight loss.

Try eating all food in one meal. Takes practise. Called OMAD. One meal a day. Dr Edes had good luck with this. After a long day of work at the clinic, she ate a hardy evening meal. And the weight she had struggled with for years, dropped off. Fasting is a part of many religious practices. Some extend it to a little longer. Ive found skipping one day has made a big difference . A 36 hr fast. When I hit the 16 hr mark my energy level suddenly ramps up. It took a few tries to to accomplish 36-42 hr comfortably. I tried this after seeming the success of a member here who sralled fot TEN years. See dr. Fung MD and Dr mindy pedz CO for reliable info.

We are individuals. Tweek what you are doing.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Fri, Mar-24-23 at 19:39.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-23, 17:41
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy867
What are you drinking? Are you journaling everything going in? Sounds like something is being missed here. Good luck!

I drink water 95% of the time once in a while a zero sugar soda but not often.

Yesterday this was my day and I put on 2lbs

5 eggs cooked in butter
I can of Tuna with mayo
Salad …160grams of romaine , 4 grape tomatoes, 5 thin cucumber slices, I dill pickle, caesar dressing that based on my numbers is 15 carbs in the salad
14 oz of talapia 40g of protein

This has been my typical meal the last few weeks with the only difference being chicken breast in place of the fish, maybe chicken thighs but yes sone type of good protein.

Last edited by Kp33 : Fri, Mar-24-23 at 18:12.
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-23, 04:06

These are the same foods you were eating a month ago (post 28) which is perfectly fine for a regular Atkins plan, but if you haven’t been losing weight eating these foods and fats in this amount for almost two months now, is Atkins right for you at this time?? Are you still at 226? And goal still 215? Then you have found a good maintenance diet, but should consider changes if you want to lose weight. Going VLC to start works well as we get off the Fat + Carb junk food, but stalls and regains happen often as we get closer to goal.

If you want to try a higher protein, lower fat, higher fiber diet (with daily exercise, resistance and cardio) I have already made suggestions in this thread and referred you Dr Naiman's simple plan.
At 6’2”, you would aim for 180g of protein. And 90g of mostly high fiber and high nutrient carbs. If you don’t mind tracking macros for a while to understand how much that is, use a good tracker like Cronometer.

14 oz of tilapia is 104g of Protein (not 40?) 5 eggs in 2T butter is only 32 g protein with 50g fat. So 14oz of tilapia is a great dinner, high in protein, but with PE you also aim for high protein every meal and snack, reduce fats, and add more fiber for satiety. Most beneficial, the First meal of day should focus on Protein. The two or three meals as you are currently eating is usually suggested, compressing into an 8 hour eating window may help, but Dr Naiman focuses more on What you Eat than When, more on exercise than diet. This meme: https://forum.lowcarber.org/showpos...0&postcount=330

And these:

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Mar-25-23 at 06:29.