Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-22, 07:33

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning & Happy Thanksgiving!

Just another day here. No plans other than making a ham loaf later & going to have dinner with Betty around 4. I'll make her some candied sweet potatoes that she loves. DH is just having potato salad with his ham loaf. Easy. Ham loaf is sure easier than making a turkey! Betty won't eat poultry of any kind, so I get off easy as far as cooking.

Hope you all have a nice day......whatever you are doing!

----------

I'm embarking on a new way of eating. I'm trying to incorporate a few(more) hours of fasting into my days. Right now I'm shooting for 16-18 hours fasted. I have been counting calories for a long time and I'm ready to take a break from all that. I'm going to try not counting anything....which is scary to me. I'll still be LC as that's just the way I like to eat, but I'm going to eat what sounds good and not be so obsessed about keeping track. I'm reading the book Fast, Feast, Repeat and trying to get some inspiration. I'll still weigh myself every day to keep a tight watch on what's happening. This is my winter project!

That's it from here. Enjoy your days!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-22, 08:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi friends!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am grateful for each of you and the time we have spent together through the years, and the friendships across the miles that we have developed.

Trig I love that your DD got a hankering for a more traditional style holiday and you are right there for her in that. Enjoy your Tiny Tim bird and holiday together!

Lori I hope you and your DH have a wonderful day together as well and that Betty enjoys her sweet potatoes!

Jaz I know you will check in - I think maybe DS is there now?

We had a nice family dinner last night. I kept to my plan (added in some whiskey but otherwise good to go!) After dinner we watched C and E's wedding video together while everyone else had ice cream. All good!

I got up early this morning and snuck downstairs to feed the dog, make my coffee and get the artichoke dip whipped up, then came back up here to get my time and routines in place. I've showered and once my hair dries some I'm going to go take my walk. Artichoke dip will go in the oven around 11:15 or so.

Looking forward to focusing on people over food this Turkey Day. Grateful to be part of a big tribe that gathers every year and all the love we share with each other.

Happy T day, y'all!
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-22, 08:54

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning Ladies

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!-

I too just wanted to take a minute and personally tell you how GRAFTFUL I am that for the most part we each take a part of our day to check in and lend support and friendship to each other. We have been doing this for what 8-9 years now????? We were on the other site for a year or so before coming here! You all are friends, and I am Grateful for you!

OMG Trig- Tiny Tim Chicken!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH- You keep on track with that steak! Stuffing would be a HUGE temptation for me! Soooooooooo Happy non-conventional food and day going on here!
We can and will get through this day- carb free. Make some bacon and deviled eggs. My "GO TO's"!

YAY on happy safe driver! - go kiddo!!!!! Are you going to let her drive to school?

Nic- You have a full house now! I must know though how to make pot-roast soup! IT sounds like you scored in the meat dept too!!!!!! Don't you love saving a few bucks that way?

Yup- I love the build your own plate way of eating rather than pass the bowels to the left. Urghhhhhhh remember that? Everyone is passing the hot plates and bowels. That is the way we did it and still do it at family get togethers. Like we are to frekin lazy to WALK to a center island to get a second helping!

AWESOME on DS getting 3/3 acceptance to schools! MI - you know being from Ohio I have to ask why he did not apply to THE OHIO STATE.......

Lori- Sound like you have a yummy day on tap too! I looked for ham loaf in my store. I ended up with a meat haul anyway- but am curious who makes it.

You going to Betty's today? She will be happy with her sweet potatoes I am sure. Do you have a helper coming today?
------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice slow start to a day that was slated for 5 hours in the car than an overnight at my Aunts. Well as you know that got nixed from her family having the flu. Then my DD ended up with stomach flu two days ago- so it is now just me and the "boy" in PJ's.
He brought his gaming switch so we can play Mario. He also brought a DVD player and the entire 7 seasons off Star Trek Next Generation. Can you say engineer geek!

Small turkey breast HALF to put in oven. It will be done in 40 minutes. Boom. He will have roasted veggies and that will be that.

I have deviled eggs and bacon of course! I am at my low and not going to gain over a frekin day- !

Have a wonderful day.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-22, 09:39

BF:

Jaz......No...no helper coming today. She was there yesterday and will be back Monday. She typically comes on Fridays, but with the holiday, we have to modify. It works all the way around.

The ham loaf I get is made by a local butcher shop. Old family recipe. I believe they mix ground pork and ground ham with a little bit of binder like egg/bread/cracker crumbs. Not sure on it. At any rate, it is delicious hot and also cold(baked first, of course).
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-22, 09:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori anything cold and hot eaten is a good meal LOL

feel ya on that one.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-22, 06:18

BF:

Hi GUYS! hope ya got a good day starting for ya!!

I posted last, no new posts since then so for me ick day.
rain. darn rain. gray days for a few. bleck

not as cold but big deal, gray rain days HA

ordering some last min. xmas stuff I want online.
hubby working
kid sleep
dog acting weirdo. not eating well, looks 'low and off' ya know. but that is normal issue now on these big meds he is on. oh well....he seems a 'tad' better. At least his tail is back up today. I hate when he walks with his tail down, means he is sick but the tail is up today so improving? hope so. wait see on that one.

nothing more doing. some chores. this that. blah day.

ok guys, come in a type you guys are doing exciting stuff vs my blah day here

leftover chicken and big ol' pork chops today. yum
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-22, 07:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Rainy here too. I think it may clear up this afternoon. The only thing I may do is go to Aldi. I heard that they have an Italian mineral water that is good and I'd like to get some. I'm hoping the grocery store won't be mobbed today....everyone should have lots of leftover food and no need for the store, right?

We had a low key day yesterday. The ham loaf & sweet potatoes were yummy and we had dinner with Betty. It seems like it's hard for her to even eat. Like it takes too much energy, you know? I cut everything into bite sized pieces for her and she sits forward and puts a bite in her mouth and then leans back on her pillows. Sad. I don't know how she's hanging on.

DH is getting all geared up for rifle deer season. It starts tomorrow. I wish he would get one already and put an end to it! I don't want the meat, but at least I could stop hearing about it all the time.

That's it from here. I'll probably do some laundry, get my workout done and just chill out the rest of the day.

Bye!
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-22, 09:34

BF:

Good Morning!!!!

Goodness you would think I was the Grinch. I was just thinking well, another holiday to cross off the yearly TO DO list! Just not "feeling it" this year.
I am very glad though I did not have to make that 5-hour trip to my aunts. Such a time suck I don't have right now.

Lori- HAHAHA- You know every now and again I will circle the frozen section with meats looking for your "Ham Loaf". All this to say you get it at the butcher!!

Glad you had a good day yesterday! Sometimes the best days are the ones we get a chance to relax!!! I know that is the case for me!

Nic-
Details details- family updates! I know you are so in your element! Fun, family, activities!
How long is everyone staying?!?!?!?!?

Trig- OMG I am in the "soupy weather" with you. GRAY, DREARY, Feels like London. You know where you watch those movies and all you see is wet and dark pavement!
I started taking my Vita D and increased the dosage the last two days! Sunshine in a capsule!

Hubby I am sure had to work today! Sorta a given for Black Friday! I bet he will be busy for the next month.
I am fingers crossed for little Bolt- he is just a sweetie! So glad tail up today!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am ON THE CLOCK. A week from TOMORROW the movers arrive 9am. I will run a dust cloth and sweep and close the door here and open a new one in Charleston on Sunday. One chapter closed for now.

I plan to NOT come back to Atlanta. I do not thrive here. I truly am over big cities. Although Charleston is not dinky, it is a tad smaller, and I can escape to sand and water.

Today: Need to tie up some online stuff.
I need to sign up for my insurance here in the next day or so. That is no easy feat, although I know what I want. The million-dollar question is can I afford it?!?!?!? HAHA

I am going to take down the tree today and put this kid of mine to work. Yesterday was a really good day. Good company, and so relaxed and time out from stress and the hustle that will ensue the minute he walks out the door.

I am SO SO glad I built in a week in the new spot prior to starting work. I need a serious breather. I also am in need of finding doggie day care. He is just not to the place I can leave him for long periods of time (all day). Not to mention he is a very social pup. Add that to my List of TO DO.

WOE
- Whoot...... got through TG- and stayed at my low! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hit my new job 5 pounds even lighter. Got 2 weeks! HAHAHAH. I tell ya I MOVE differently. Imagine putting on a 50-pound vest every day before you get out of bed and having to huff and puff around all day with it on and then sleep in it.
I tell you when I gained all my weight back it was SO FAST I felt like I put on a fat suit! Remember me saying that? Well, I am taking that suit off, one layer at a time! I never ever ever want to be in that place again.

The thing about it all is that for ME- I know that I am a true carb addict and will go off the rails. I don't and can't do moderation. It just doesn't work for an addict. Not everyone is like me though. But like any other addiction. It truly is ONE day at a time, and another and another.

So, speaking of........ I shared I watched Elton John's last performance at Dodgers stadium. He shared he is 30 years sober! Good for him! He is amazing and I love he shared that. Truly inspiring. It is possible to be in that 10% that make it. One day at a time- that's it.

Ok- well time for another cup of coffee and get this day rolling.

We watched Interstellar last night. Believe it or not I have never seen that move. It was great. I could watch Matthew McConaughey all day long!

Have a great day ya'll!
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-22, 11:00

BF:

Hey Y'all!

Happy post-Thanksgiving Day! It is hard to believe another Thanksgiving day has come and gone and 2022 will be winding up before we even realize it. Crazy how the time flies.. it goes so slowly from January until like March and then slowly ramps up. End of summer it just takes off like a rocket and then here we are, blinking and wondering what just happened!

Lori- That *is* sad about Betty. The boys were talking yesterday about their "Old Nono"- their great grandfather. He lived to nearly 100, but the last 5 years of his life or so he was just over it. He would frequently just talk about being ready to die, etc. It is hard for my kids to imagine still (and of course as children they found it crazy confusing) but I can definitely see that there could come a point when perhaps that would be the case. Betty certainly isn't having much quality of life anymore.

Jaz- WOW on moving being a week and a day away! That is just NUTS. I'm glad you have some down time before the actual job begins. I am so curious as to what you will be doing! You don't need to love it, it's temporary, but maybe you will!

Also glad you had such a good and laid back day with your son. You two are a good match, clearly. I hope your DD and her family are feeling better. Little kids and their parents get sick SO MUCH in those early years!

Pot Roast Soup- nothing special, just heavy on broth. I use a chuck roast- cut it into large cubes and sear it off. Then I throw in some onion, beef consommé, water, spices, a TB of beef better than bouillon, and let it go in the instant pot. I roasted some cubed carrots and have the pot roast soup with a small amount of carrot and some green beans in it. Super satisfying and filling comfort food.

Trig- Poor Bolt. I'm glad his little tail is up a bit but dang he just sounds like a shadow of his little former self. Hopefully your rain has passed. We had some this morning but it is sunny and clear now.

T-day went very well. I enjoyed the people, enjoyed the food in a very moderate way and no sugar, bread etc with the exception of a single serving of stuffing which I had planned for. Huge win for me in all ways. I did hit up the whiskey more than usual but didn't have a headache or hang over or anything. My MIL is a smoker and smokes menthols. I LITERALLY took THREE tokes off her cigarette and was lightheaded as heck. Hit me like a truck compared to that whiskey! lol

Today is purely a hanging out day. I will work on the photo calendar some, read, and just chill and enjoy some nice down time. DH and DS20 are going to a movie and I am more than fine with being here!

Make it a great day!
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-22, 03:11

BF:

Good Morning!

I knew I'd be first.....I got up at 3AM??!! I'm not sure why, but I was just wide awake and ready to get up......weird. DH is getting up early too, I think around 4:30, to get ready to go hunting. Things will be humming around here in a bit!

I think it's supposed to be a beautiful day. I'm going to wash my bathroom rugs and hang them out and just putter around the house. Maybe a nap since I'm up so freakin' early.

--------

Nic.....It sounds like you had a great T-day and did so well with your eating! Any other weekend plans?

Trig....I did some online ordering yesterday too. I'm not buying many gifts...mostly giving $$, but bought a few little things. Hats, scarves etc.

Jaz....Good planning to have a week in your new place before starting work. I hope you can find a good day care for Ruger. Did you and DS get some boxes packed yesterday?

---------

DH just got up and he's about half grouchy. I'll be ready to send him out the door! He was asking me about doing something on his phone and he has NO patience when I'm trying to show him anything technical. Sigh....men!

Ok.....time to make him a thermos of hot chocolate and send him on his way. Peace & quiet for Lori!
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-22, 08:11

BF:

Morning! Lori, what an early start to your day!

Two meals out today, which is a lot. Not my first choice, but I'll plan to focus on people over food and am going in with my plan in mind. We are meeting Ds24 and DIL for breakfast, along with DD and SoIL. Then for "Linner" Dd and I are taking out my niece18 to Hot Pot. Social day, glad I kept to myself yesterday!

Gotta run- later!
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-22, 09:24

BF:

Nicco I KNOW you can easily handle all your excess people LOL I went so 'retirement mode' even before my kid is 'gonzo and ok' so I feel ya on navigating it all.

don't overwhelm you, DO YOU at all times. You are you know while those 'such babies' don't require it anymore ya know.

Lori, you sound like the farmer in me. your sleep is less and on a schedule you won't change, you might be on 'gabby time' or targeting DH and his needs. I get this too. I was up at 5 with hubby going to work yet he sleeps later to 6am on sat. work and yet I am up???? ugh LOL but if we feel good who cares ya know

Jazz great post.
STRONG WAY FORWARD. You see you and what you want. You got goals. Atlanta gonzo even if work drags you there cause work for you in truth is everywhere with your career skills!!
So happy DS and all have a fit good in this tough time on moving and all.

--------------------today got dog sicky icky again. Anal glands. He is off. Butt high in air and restless and that was handled always in his groomings but since I stopped that thru price insanity I realize I left 'his happy azz' behind HAHA So monday call vet. Blood check liver, phenyo count and nail cut and get the damn glands expressed.

OLD DOG IS OLD human thru med. Ugh

wanted to 'take out' hubby and he cow towed to me in apology cause I was one step ya know........he saw and retreated into 'smarts' but damn if some darn days it don't hit that perfect storm ya know and I love big storms, I say truths and take it or leave it. Hubby back in line. Now don't get me wrong, he has issues in his work life and more so.........I get that........but don't take my azz down, not happening point blank. To the grave we go together HA

What crap around here right. Told kid drive me to CVS and to liquor store cause I need some rum for holiday and then we hit grocery for hubby wanting damn azz taco tonight and she like, I don't care to drive. bleck......I am like shoot me HA

ok that is me today...jumbled mess of stupid here
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-22, 09:28

BF:

Good SATURDAY!

Goodness the clock doesn't stop, does it? Time is marching onward! I am sorta stressed out today. The last two days have been fun and wonderful. Today I looked at my place, and everything that needs to happen in one weeks' time and the kid walks to keep chattering and go for a walk. I have STUFF TO DO!

I can't think if someone is constantly talking. I actually ask him politely to please just stop stalking for a few minutes so I can concentrate on what needs done today. Thankfully he was ok and didn't take it personally.
3 days is my people limit- with ZERO privacy. I get it..... he hasn't seen me in months and won't again for months.

I need to adjust tude................

Going in for more coffee,,,,,,,,,,,, back later with personals.

Nic-
I am really wanting to try a hot pot! I want details!!!!! I have seen those on line! Carnivores dream!

Back at ya in a bit
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-22, 11:06

BF:

Ha Trig, you made me laugh. We are that way too, DH and I, although you are probably even more of a straight shooter than I am. When I lose my cool though there is no mistaking it!

Jaz, so just a gentle thought that you can take or leave but I am wondering about your bestie coming for a week or two. Seems like a long time and at that point you will be at an in person job with people talking to you and needing you all day. Maybe it will work for you but it seems like a long time to have a house guest!

Hot pot- so yeah IMO it is a carnivore's dream but it can also be a carb lovers dream with all the noodles etc you can get. I tend to go heavy on the shaved lamb and shaved beef, along with some shrimp. Yum! It's not cheap AT ALL but I hoover down a good bit of meat! lol Although the way it is shaved maybe not as much as it seems at the time.

Breakfast went well in terms of ordering- I got a ham and gruyere omelet with spring greens on the side instead of potatoes or toast. It was better in theory than in reality though- I honestly would have just preferred some bacon at home in terms of taste. But, hanging out often involves food as we all know, and it was good to be with the kids. C and E head back to NYC tonight and we'll see them again at Christmas for like 3 days. Glad about that!

DS20 is still asleep and/or hiding in his hidey hole. He makes appearances now and again, and heads out today.

That's about it (again) from Chez Nic!
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-22, 05:51

BF:

Good Morning!

Slept in till 4 today! DH left for the woods at 5. I think it's supposed to start raining by Noon, so he'll be home early. I don't think I'm going to do much today. Feeling pretty lazy.

---------

Jaz.....When is DS heading home? I know you have lots to do and are probably looking forward to some quiet so you can get your ducks in a row.

Nic....So things are quiet now? Just a few weeks and family will be home again. How long does DS20 have off for the holiday break after Christmas?

Trig....Has your weather improved? Funny how your DD didn't want to drive. How long till she takes her driving test? I know it's different these days than it was when we got our licenses. How is the pupper today?

---------

Well, I'm trying to put off eating for a couple hours. Doing ok today, but yesterday I ended up eating early. I think it was because I had gotten up at 3AM. I try to only eat between 9 or 10AM and 6PM. Some days it works and some days it doesn't!

Well, I'm going to grab some sparkling water to fill up the stomach for a bit. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Nov-27-22 at 05:57.
Closed Thread