Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jul-16-23, 03:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oooooh aaaaah, those both look excellent.

Hubby was in the mood for chalet sauce. Swiss Chalet here in Canada is known for its unique dipping sauce. It's like a gravy, but the main flavour is allspice. I cheat and buy the powdered sauce mix... I should really get on tweaking the copycat recipe I have, to avoid whatever corn starch and crap they put in it. Anyway, when I do make the sauce, I use homemade chicken broth to make it richer. I like to break up all the chicken and stir it right in. Mashed cauliflower on the side to mop up the sauce.

Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jul-22-23, 04:32
Forum Moderator

BF:

I tried something new yesterday: a Seattle dog! The MLB All-Star Game was in Seattle last week, and Blue Jays twitter was abuzz when someone's photo of a Seattle dog got a lot of attention. I was determined to try one this weekend to celebrate the Jays' friendly take-over of T-Mobile Park that happens each year when the Jays play there. West coast Jays fans PACK the place, much to the chagrin of the Mariners and their fans (we're sorry.)

My bun is a single-serving bun made in the microwave using my clam shell grill's drip tray as the mold. A Seattle dog has cream cheese and grilled onions on it.

#33   ^
Old Sun, Jul-23-23, 05:28

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

That looks interesting Kristine, and it's also given me the idea of adding cream cheese instead of cheese to my burger the next time I have one
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-23, 02:49
Forum Moderator

BF:

I think it would work nicely on a burger, Demi. People already often put different cheeses or mayo on a burger, cream cheese isn't much of a stretch.

Last night, we had some nice pork souvlaki with tzatziki that I made with homemade yogurt (from Fairlife milk) and a home grown cucumber. The cuke was the perfect size: they're miniature, the name of the variety is "Picklebush"

Galaxy brain idea: I hate grating things, especially when they're small like this cuke, so I cut it into a few pieces and used the garlic press.

#35   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-23, 10:30

BF:

Nice souvlaki! Lol, love the idea of using a garlic press for the cuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I think it would work nicely on a burger, Demi. People already often put different cheeses or mayo on a burger, cream cheese isn't much of a stretch.
I tried it and it does! Forgot to take a pic when I did but will the next time I have it.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-23, 02:49

BF:

Last night's dinner - roast chicken breast, a mushroom and Boursin sauce with tenderstem broccoli.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Aug-10-23, 02:49

BF:

Last night's dinner - Kheema Beef with wilted spinach.

Once the beef was cooked, I kept it on the heat, added the spinach, allowing a couple of minutes for it to wilt before I stirred it in.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-23, 01:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
I tried it and it does! Forgot to take a pic when I did but will the next time I have it.

Two McDonald's quarter pounders with cream cheese, smashed avocado, tomato and rocket.

Depending on where I'm staying, this is one of my go-to meal's when I'm working away. The ingredients are all easy to buy and easy to assemble in my hotel room.
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-23, 16:58
Forum Moderator

BF:

^That all looks fantastic, Demi! It's nice that you can do it easily while you're on the road.

I went to visit my brother and SIL, and they gave me a club-sized zucchini! I turned it into chips in the dehydrator.

#40   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-23, 09:27

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

I’ve been known to add cream cheese to burgers and hot dogs. And pork. And steak. 😂
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-23, 00:32

BF:

Last night's dinner - a medium rare fillet steak (filet mignon) with stir fried mushrooms and asparagus
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-23, 04:28

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Oh yummm…a great photo of nutrient density on a plate. Beef for your protein and B vitamins, plus 50%+ of cooper DRI from the mushrooms, folate and Vit K from asparagus. Vit K is essential for bone health and beef has almost none. Demi, Thanks for posting your meals everyday..such healthy combos.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-24, 01:02

BF:

Last night's dinner, slow cooked braised lamb with flageolet beans* and shredded stir fried Brussels sprouts with pancetta.

* flour omitted
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Feb-07-24, 12:39

BF:

Last night's dinner - calves liver with sage butter and shredded stir fried Brussels sprouts
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-24, 05:32

BF:

Last night's dinner - roast chicken breast with Boursin, spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.

I put fresh spinach leaves in an oven proof dish, placed the Boursin in the middle, surrounded it with chopped mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, sprinkled over some olive oil and oregano, baked for 20 minutes, then mixed it all together before serving.

Last edited by Demi : Sat, Feb-17-24 at 11:58.