Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 10:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Philadelphia Too!

Hi all,

I am from Philadelphia...would love to chat with you guys to motivate and encourage. I really need it. Live right near the Italian market.

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 16:05
Registered Member

Stats: 260/222.5/150 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:46/41/25
Progress: 34%
Default Washington, PA

Live in Washington PA but am originally for Uniontown, PA. Visit Harrisburg periodically for work.
Nice to seen that PA is well represented
  #18   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 20:09

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Although I currently live in Maryland, just having moved back East from a year in Seattle, I used to live in PA. My mom lives in Carlisle, so I get up there often. It's only about an hour drive. I used to live in Enola and Mechanicsburg, and I worked in Harrisburg. When I saw people from both towns in this thread it really made me smile!

Great thread!

#19   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 07:23

Stats: 285/258/175 Female 5'5.5 inches
BF:53%
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up Lancaster, PA - New Buddies & Support

Hi Everyone!!

I live in Willow Street, Pa in Lancaster County!!! Commonly refered to as Amish Country! I started Atkins alittle over two weeks ago ad I would LOVE to have some buddies to talk with. Maybe we can meet once a month for a support group or something. PLEASE let me know if anyone out there is interesed in having a new buddie. This would probably go much better is we had someone who we can talk to on a regular basis. Someone who understands!!!

Give me a shout if you want to,I woul LOVE to hear from you!!

Kathy
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 07:59

BF:

Hi Kathy,

I live in Philadelphia and I would love to be your buddy. I have never been to Lancaster but I have friends who go very often...they love it! Maybe chating with you will give me a reason to visit. Hope we can help eachother.

Karen
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 14:04
Registered Member

Stats: 260/222.5/150 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:46/41/25
Progress: 34%
Default PA SUPPORT

i think that the idea of a PA support group is great. If anyone starts one, I would love to be included. Also, I would love to be a buddy if you are looking for more. I am new at this but this site has been a great help.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 14:43

Stats: 285/258/175 Female 5'5.5 inches
BF:53%
Progress: 25%
Default Buddy

Hi!

I would love to be your buddies, but how do you do that??? I put you guys on my list but how d I send you messages???? I have tried and nothing works!! Let m know and then we can chat more and get to know eachother better to hlp eachother out!!

Thanks!!
Kathy
  #23   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 08:42

BF:

Hi Kathy,

I sent you a PM. I am hoping we can be buddies. I think it would be great! Maybe you are able to send PM's now. I have been down a bit this week and could really use someone who is going through the same things and understands.
Looking forward to chatting with you!

Karen
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 14:03

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 187/135/125 Female 5"2.5'
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone, i just recently moved to carlisle, pa and i have no low-carb friends. most of my friends are back home in st. louis, mo. it's really hard to have long distant low-carb friends.

i started dr. atkins in june of 2000 (at 187 pds-size 24) and lost 69 pounds by Oct. 2000 (at 125 pds-size 8). I have the diary and photos to prove it. I have been doing atkins for the last 5 years to keep some of my weight down. Just got off track that's all, but i have gained back some weight and now it is 2006 and I wearing about a size 11-12. i went back on the diet this past week to get back down to my size 8.

i am not weighing my self, because i really don't believe in the scale that much because of my exercises and walking, so i love depending on my clothes.

i am doing very well.....excited about getting back into my 8's.

my favorite dessert.....homeade less than 5 carbs ice-cream. i would love to hear from somebody.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 05:39

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey everyone! I'm from PA too! I went to college out in western PA (clarion) for two years...and i'm back on the east side, right on the delaware river...i would love some low carb buddy support...my fiance is sorta doing this with me, but its more like i have to low carb for two instead of just worrying about myself. I may as well be a drug addict...that's what i feel like...some days i literally have to take it one hour at a time to make sure "we" stay on track...AHHH!!!

But i love this site and i know i'd be fat forever if didn't find something to help me out!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 06:47
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

Hi LadyD125 and bride911 welcome to the forum.
We have a great group here and much support for any who ask.
I only wish that I had found this place when I was starting at LCing, it would have made it a lot easier for me. Both of you are on the other side of the state from me but hey we could alway complain about taxes and the potholes in the roads together......lol....Remember dont be afraid to ask....if we don't know the answer, we ask until we find somebody who does. GL in your LC travels.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 09:47

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say hello! I'm from Harrisburg. So LADY125 I'm just about 20 min from you! Welcome! I am fairly new to this website also. Sounds like you are getting back in low carb gear! Great for you! Hi also to Bride911 (luv that) and KevinpA. How about those Steelers? haha. Speaking of which...time to think of some good low carb superbowl party foods?! My sister is making her amazing lasagna (which we have every year for superbowl). And I guess wings really don't go to well with that, huh?. ugh. I guess I will think of something I can contribute that I can actually eat as well.

Well nice to meet you all! This is a great site. Hope everyone has a great low carb Tuesday!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 06:53

Stats: 180/149/140 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hello!

Jeanny here from Queens, NY & Tafton, PA 5 Minutes from Lake Wallenpaupeck. I spend more time in Pa. lately. My Husband & I are the really the only people we know that LC. Diabeties runs in my family so this WOE is great for me! I was lucky enough to find this board doing a web search at the begining of this lifestyle. I have cheated on & off. I want to loose this weight once & for all! Wish me luck! Jeanny
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-06, 19:15

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 215/215/140 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanmarie
Hello!

Jeanny here from Queens, NY & Tafton, PA 5 Minutes from Lake Wallenpaupeck. I spend more time in Pa. lately. My Husband & I are the really the only people we know that LC. Diabeties runs in my family so this WOE is great for me! I was lucky enough to find this board doing a web search at the begining of this lifestyle. I have cheated on & off. I want to loose this weight once & for all! Wish me luck! Jeanny

TAFTON!?! wow! it really is a small world...i'm a 911 dispatcher in pike county and i go scuba diving on the lake every summer.

welcome!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Feb-10-06, 07:43

Stats: 180/149/140 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi!

What a small world Bride911! Do you work in that Police station on Route 402? My Husband is a retired NYPD Detective. Now he works for Avis car rental as a security manager & I work at home selling on ebay. If my Husband finds work up there we will make the move up there! We live in Tanglewood North off 390. Nice to meet you and everyone else!

Jeanny