Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1471   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-21, 09:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Ladies!

It is becoming pretty outside after a very foggy morning, so I plan to spend a good part of the day outside. I think I am going to take just Bella and head out on a walk and try to find another nature trail.. or I may just leave her and go alone. Then this afternoon I am going to the beach for a while with my book and some planned food, my chair and my umbrella! Happy day!!

Jaz- not sure if we have been cross posting or what, but I've been posting!
Sounds like your dog likely didn't eat the plastic- I hope that is the case!

Yay on the half pound down!

Trig- Driving to hikes bugs me too- it seems so counterintuitive. I am always happy when I get there though. What do you think you might add/change in your life? I'm in a weird phase too bc I have always done volunteer stuff, but with my CASA case over and not doing MOW or doula work, I have some empty space again. But with two places to be, I'm not sure how to commit anywhere. I don't like to over commit but I don't do well with too much white space either.. I'm happiest somewhere in between.

Lori- Sounds like that could be a really good situation for Betty and everyone involved! How fortunate that would be!

Yay for getting your flu shot. Not sure if I will get one or not. I did just see that J&J vaccine people can get a Moderna or Pfizer booster if they want one. Not sure yet.. we'll see.

Already shared my day's plan. Have a good day, all!
Sponsored Links
  #1472   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-21, 04:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz super glad it has to be on the floor in the house somewhere That pup is pushing it Hiding your sunglasses and more, too funny. Mine had a phase of that, burying everything under a pillow or behind the couch and all. I would find stuff all over like you but thankfully he grew out of that stage tho.

So no Tday with the family for you too.....yea it isn't a tragedy anymore for me. At my age when the holidays fade out more and I would rather do other things, yea I am gonna do other things

Lori sounds like you got your winter activity on track. cool
Very lucky all that is following into an easy row of things to do with the house when Betty is gone.....nice to have it worked out, very good on that.

Nicco, I am in that zone of 'do I do this or that' but then in 1.5 yrs I do college for kid and then my freedom so do I get involved in something I will quit or do I just 'kinda wait' LOL just that time frame of crappy it seems for me

I wish I had a nature trail out my door to just go find. I have to drive for trails now. Old days I could ride my horse from my front door and go everywhere but once those farmers sold off their lands for houses, that stopped all of that. Now I do have to drive for it all and the closer trails/tracks aren't bad but my great mt trails do require a good drive to get there and just irks me. Now stick me at the beach I have no issues....over a dune and just walk for hours....my kind of hiking for sure but at the beach what I do miss is my vertical up the mt trails. I do like that strenuous type hikes too but in the end, the beach hikes are my fav location

---------------so hubby to work
kid to school

and I gotta wash the stinky dog. yea finally, no choice, he is getting 'crusty' now HAHA

just chilling and doing and hanging and chores and eating chicken wings I cooked and eating steaks I cook.

all going fine here, nothing exciting at all

be good everyone
  #1473   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-21, 04:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Looking forward to a low key day. I get my hair cut/colored today, so a little pampering for me.

I didn't get a walk in yesterday as we spent the whole afternoon with the Dr. who came to visit Betty. He is the nicest guy, and REALLY interested in the house. The best part is that he loves the historical aspect of the house and would want to maintain it and just do necessary upgrades. He's talking B & B or AirBNB, and making it a place for visiting professors at our local University etc. He is very well connected with the University among other things. It really seems like the best case scenario all the way around. No details discussed, he just talked to DH & I about some things privately and spent time with Betty talking about the history of the house etc. He told DH that she could live there for $1 a year! He told us he bought another house in town from a lady who was a patient of his and was having trouble maintaining her home and being alone etc. She lived in the house for 4 years before she had to move due to her health. He's just such a nice guy! His wife was unable to come along for the visit as she owns/runs a restaurant in town and with staffing issues she had to stay at work. Anyway.........we feel like this is going to be a good thing moving forward.

---------

Trig......I laughed out loud when you said you had to bathe your dog today because he's getting "crusty" At least he's a little thing and easier to bathe than a big dog.

Jaz.....It's Friday!! The working girls dream! I hope you have a nice weekend.

Nic.....Hope you had a great beach day yesterday......another today or are you heading home?

----------

Well, I have to run to the laundromat for Betty and then hope the sun comes out a bit today so I can dry the things outdoors. I think rain/storms are coming this afternoon/evening.

Have good days!
  #1474   ^
Old Fri, Oct-15-21, 06:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

HE ATE THE PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Details......... I was almost positive with his spunky little spirit yesterday we were out of the woods. I did call the vet yesterday morning. He said IF your dog did eat the place it has to come out 1/3 ways- vomit, pass, surgery. It can't stay in there.
Well I looked at big that plastic piece was and felt pretty sure he could not have eaten it.

I WAS WRONG. 3:50 AM this morning - oh yea- vomited it all up in one toss. It was in about 20 small pieces. He must have chewed it to kibble bits and then swallowed it. OMG- but it was the best case had he swallowed it. GOOD BOY! I can keep my 2K and not put him through a surgery. ALWAYS SOMETHING with this boy! Well I would say dogs in general.
What I do know is he will be my last dogger. I am too old to be raising another baby/puppy for sure!

Lori- I am THRILLED to pieces over the news of Betty's place. She has to be thrilled too!!!!!! Then he is charging her a DOLLAR!!!!! He sounds like a real gentleman that will not take advantage of her. Is he interested in her things in the home as well?

I can tell you I got a walk in yesterday, but it won't happen today! I just want to crawl back into bed!

Good luck on your hair. Are you going pink again?

Trig- I hear ya on having to DRIVE to take a walk or hike. It was like that in Atlanta. Here too! I can walk the apt. complex but besides that - nope. I am out in the sticks with a road and traffic off my complex. I too always feel better though when I do go!

Crusty doggie huh? - he is so small you can toss him in your kitchen sink!

Yum yum on chicken wings and steak!

NIC- Yup I must have missed that last post. I went back and ready it! I get feeling you have "white space". BUT you need to take a breath to EVERYTHING you have been DOING in the last 6 months. You have launched 2 "kids".....Transitioning from your Doula, bought a new house, and and and GIRL just breathe and enjoy some much NEEDED time. Say to yourself you are going to throughly ENJOY yourself through the holidays and learn your new home and community. Then rethink what you might want to do in the Spring!

How was beach day? You life sounds wonderful about now!!!!!! I Love it!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
I am so so so so tired after the vomit party at 3:50 AM. After the main event I then got dressed and took the critter out to pee. Then I am wide awake after cleaning it all up.

I have laundry going now! TGIF no kidding, and payday to boot!

I have a dreaded meeting with my boss sometime today. She told me as I was trying to clock out yesterday she wanted to meet with me. I have not made quota for 2 days in a row this week. I really don't care. I cared for those 2 calls that took almost 3-4 hours of multiple needs for people. Write my A$$ up. I am seriously looking. This is not for me. When I find something else it will not be in healthcare. I am ready to hang up the stethoscope.

I am thinking about trying to find a property manager gig- running a B&B, just something ELSE! Have dog will travel.

Dropped another 1.5 pounds this morning. I am watching portions now too! Very close- not going to type out as I ALWAYS bounce when I do. But I can't wait to "crossover" that big line on the scale. We all know that line.
Funny it is such a mind thing more than anything. But of you look at pricing they do the same thing. 1.99 vs 2.00. Like a penny makes a difference! BUT IT DOES! Then I am off to the races!

Oh ladies....... I told this gal I would meet her dinner and I am SO not feeling it today. I don't think she is the type to be understanding either. I am going to give it a though. That and she wants to go Mexican- urghhhhhhhhh. Not a dam thing on that menu I will eat.
ok- back at ya later! Have a wonderful day!

BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE!!!!!!! Truly beautiful

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Oct-15-21 at 06:38.
  #1475   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-21, 04:39

BF:

Good Morning!

Slept in an extra hour this morning....YAY! I was dead tired when I went to bed last night....barely made it until 9.

I got my walk in yesterday afternoon after I got my hair done. Yes....I went rose gold again. I really like the color. I bought some rose gold cleansing conditioner that I use every time I shower. It deposits a bit of the color with every use. Just keeps the color looking fresh. I also bought some shine spray from my stylist as I love to have my hair super shiny.

I guess I'd better get my walk in early this morning before the rain starts. We've decided to cancel golf for tomorrow too as it's supposed to be in the 40's and windy in the morning. No thanks. Wind on the golf course is just so annoying to me and then add in it being cold. Next week looks nice, so we'll just wait and play on Tuesday.

I'm making ribs for DH for dinner tonight. I'm not a big fan, so not sure what I'll eat. I'll have a few bites, but I'll need something else. He also wants me to make beef noodle soup for him next week, so that will be my Monday project. I bought sirloin steaks to cut up for my beef cubes.....yum.

----------

Jaz....Hope Ruger is ok now that he got rid of the plastic. Is he back to his happy self? How did the meeting with the boss go?

Trig.....How did you make out with your "crusty" dog? I'm sure he's all fluffy and pretty now.....or should I say handsome? Anything special happening with you this weekend?

Nic.....Are you back home? Are you longing to go back to DE? It sounds like such a nice area with so much to do.

--------

Over and out from here. DH is hunting this morning with DS & DGS so I have a nice, quiet house. I think I'll make an early trip to the grocery store to get that over with, but first, more coffee!

Happy Saturday!
  #1476   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-21, 05:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori sorry you got rain to cancel your golf

beef noodle soup, my family likes that too, time to make some, thanks for the reminder....so simple to make ya know and leftovers means no cooking another meal so that is good too.

Nicco, waiting on new check in but I know you are having a great time

Jazz, wow on 20 pieces of plastic.....watch him still tho, if any got wedged it could slice up his tummy, in full honesty you might wanna go do a tummy xray to be sure ya know.

dogs...omg

stick to soft like pig's ear or some rawhide type thing cause even tho that can get compacted into their tummies if they eat alot of it, that usually never happens vs. a soft fabric toy or a hard toy they shatter.......rawhide can take a long time to digest but it does get actually digested at some point and will come out the other end too LOL

Ehhh, screw your boss. Just go with the flow, see what goes down, let it wash over you, in one ear and out the next and collect your paycheck til ya can't take it anymore LOL You got this

congrats on losing more lbs.....ALL those little guys add up for sure you are doing so great

-----------easy day here

hubby to work
kid sleeping
dog sleeping
Karen to have a rum drink later cause I can HAHA

got a big ribeye defrosting
got burgers defrosting for day

keeping food very simple

some chores and this and that

and Lori....NO clean dog.....get this I walked him down to the pasture to feed the goat and got her handled and then I walked my fence line in the horse pasture to make no trees etc. were over my fencing and he went thru some 'insane needle like black barb'd bush crap' and when he came up he was covered like a porkypine with these black barbs, his fur was ALL matted up and I said hell no.....kid came home from school and she brushed him out all nice, I wasn't doing it, I hate brushing LOL

So today, yea he will be in the mud sink in the hunt room for a nice bath gotta take some of that stink outta him HA

be good all
  #1477   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-21, 06:54

BF:

Good Morning-

I slept in too- after I went to bed at 9pm. Can you say exhausted!!!
Sipping my collagen coffee and boy do I just love my first cup! I love waking up slow and gentle.

Trig- OMG you have a hunting room?! I might have guessed!!!!! Those stickers burrrrrrs are no joke. My son stepped on one when he was here and it punctured his foot and it was painful! The grass is not the same here as it is from Kentucky north. It is a different kind. It still doesn't feel like grass to me.

steak and burgers- you got it going on today! Ahhhhhhhhh give that baby a bath! HAHAHAHAH

Lori- I might be the only one who has not heard of beef and noodle SOUP. I know of beef and noodles. Might look it up.

Oh yea I would not be playing anything in a 40 degree and wind anything! NO Thank you. I am freezing at 50. Anything below that is brutal!

I love a quiet Saturday! I really do! More so now that I am back t working!

Oh- I just love that Rose color you do to your hair! Add spray shine- it is my FAVORITE thing to add to my hair, plus I love the smell. Did you get a cut too?

Enjoy your morning!!!!!!

NIC- Waiting for check in. But I think you are having coffee with hubby on your porch and pups by your feet talking about the places you will explore today!
-------------------------------------------------------
I woke up to another beautiful sunrise, but we are slated for rain later. There is not a cloud in site right now though.

I need to do some laundry and run to the UPS store again. That won't take but 10 minutes. UPS is right beside the grocery. Back goes a pair of slippers I got that my feel fall out of! I did my grocery shopping for the next few days so that is out of the way. I am not doing WEEKLY shops. I waste so much, it get tossed because I can't get to it. So I am not only shopping for about 3 days. I am 5 minutes from the grocery so..............

I have a full day to do whatever I want! Back at ya later
  #1478   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-21, 08:07

BF:

10AM and my day is done. Went to the grocery store, did my nearly 2 mile walk, made Betty's chip dip....now laundry spinning. Ribs will go in the oven around Noon. Cook low and slow all day. Proud of myself for resisting buying a carton of low carb Enlightened ice cream at the store, because I would sit and eat the whole thing. I'll have plain Greek yogurt with protein powder stirred in instead. Poor substitute.

Jaz....beef noodle soup just has more broth than beef & noodles I suppose. I use the Kluski noodles which are narrow, but thick and chewy. It's a Dutch thing I guess. DH likes to put a spoonful of mashed potatoes right in the bowl with his soup. It's carb-a-palooza!

Trig......OMG on the dog getting into those sticker burrs. I can only imagine with his long hair. Yikes!

Nic.....What's up?

Later!
  #1479   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-21, 18:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Quick check in from here. Today has been busy and had a craptastic start with the sprinklers at the DE house going kerfluey and I couldn't get hold of anyone. The one on our side yard ran for hours. It was not our water but the builders.. but it was still flooding our yard. So yeah that was going on while I was trying to get the house cleaned up and the car loaded and dogs loaded etc. Got home at 2:30 and DD was picking me up at 3:30 for a mani/pedi- she wanted company bc she is in the wedding tomorrow as Matron of Honor and had to get them done. It was nice but really I just wanted to be down and out resting you know? Holding off but going to bed very soon!

Will write a nice long post in the morning.
  #1480   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-21, 04:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Not much happening around here today. I have a bit of laundry to do and that's about it. I'll let it warm up a bit before striking out for a walk. I think it's only going to get up to the mid 50's. They had said it would be windy, but I don't think that's happening. I guess I shouldn't have canceled out on golf. Oh well.

I have to drop my car off as it gets inspected tomorrow. I think I need new tires too. Can you say $$$ Oh goody.

----------

Nic......Sorry about your craptastic day yesterday. I hope the mani/pedi was relaxing.

Enjoy your Sunday!
  #1481   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-21, 07:20

BF:

Good Morning from Chilly SE GA! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You would think me living 2 hours from FL boarder it wouldn't get that cool. Woke up and it was 50. Supposed to warm up to 78 and full sun! Tomorrow we are back in the 80's YEAH I can do that. It was supposed to rain with this col front and never didn't.

Feels like fall with green trees. So weird!

Lori- Been and noodles with those Amish noodles / over homemade mashed potatoes is what my family in Ohio eats every Christmas............ with a side of CORN! Then everyone hits up the recliners and sleeps for an hour. Carb, on carb, on carb.

I love having a quiet day! Enjoy it. Do you ever sit on your porch? I would sweep it off, get some big fluffy pillows and enjoy a magazine and glass of wine out there!

NIC- I bet you were sad to leave your new nest. I would be there weekly! A few hours boom- stay a few days!!!! Oh yea!!!!

Did you ever get that water to stop with those sprinklers? I would be all over that to be sure it doesn't happen again. Drainage issues can really add $$$$$ up!

Are you taking today to get your rest in?

Trig- - I know you are working today. Not forgotten.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have laundry spinning today too! Will be a clean the bathrooms, run the sweeper, sheets and fresh bed. I will prep cook for the next couple days. It just makes things easier when ya work.

I am sticking to "that" number- at least not "bouncing". I am laser focus on only eating what is nourishing. NO JUNK, no processed, Low carb.

I was not even hungry yesterday until almost 6pm. Then I made some talipia and sautéed veggies. OMG I was then starving and it tasted so good. Then had 4 strawberries at the end boom done.
I am not a sweet tooth. but for some reason 4 strawberries at the end of dinner just sorta hits the spot for wanting anything more and I feel I have had a 'treat".

Today is cleaning, puttering, and a perfect day to get out and get my 30-40 minutes in with dogger when it warms up. I have my patio door open and will be opening all my windows when it warms up to get fresh air in!!!
Just a beautiful day! Going to enjoy it. I will have patio/music/ wine time before dinner and just enjoy free time. I have a new "lounge wear set"- It feels like silky cotton. It very light weight and feels like luxury. I love it.

Ok- Ladies- everyone have a wonderful day.
  #1482   ^
Old Sun, Oct-17-21, 10:11

BF:

It appears that Trig is not seeing our email replies to her. It made me a bit nervous about having sent multiple replies and where did they end up? I changed my Google password as a security measure in case someone got a hold of my info. Probably not necessary, but it won't hurt.

Just back from dropping off my car at the mechanic and walking the 1.75 miles home. It did get windy and was a bit chilly, but sun is in and out and it wasn't bad. I'll probably walk to pick up my car tomorrow....good way to get my walk in.

Hope you're having a great day!
  #1483   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-21, 04:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Had a great night's sleep and I'm ready to tackle the day. Gabby has not been getting us up early the past couple mornings and it's been wonderful. It's my bladder that gets me up!

I have no wheels today, so I'll be puttering around the house. I'm going to wash sheets & towels and do some food prep. Tuna salad, meatballs & beef noodle soup on tap for today. I expect a phone call from my mechanic telling me that I need new tires. Hoping they don't find any other problems.

It's a bit chilly this morning, but tomorrow is going to be colder yet. I may contact my golf friends and see if they want to start out a bit later tomorrow morning. It's supposed to get pretty nice, but will be quite cold at 9AM at our scheduled tee time. I'm thinking it would be much more pleasant to start at 10:30 or 11. I'll see what they think.

Ok....more coffee coming my way. Have good days!
  #1484   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-21, 06:57

BF:

Good Morning! I slept in too!
I can seriously sleep. I AWAYS sleep better on freshly washed and Downy sheets. If I was ever rich I would hire someone to make up my bed every other day! I change it once a week- but pure heaven if it was sooner. It is just work!

Speaking of wonderful smells I had to write letter/complaint #3 to the office, regarding the people downstairs smoking weed. I am so PISST. I really don't care if people smoke- I really don't as long as I don't have to smell pot in my apt.
I had my windows open to get fresh air last night in and rolls the reefer. I am pretty sure they will know it's me that complained as I slammed my windows shut.

In the contract and policy it states this complex is a non-smoking complex and people will be evicted if caught. This is my 3nd complaint. The people across the parking lot smoke cigarettes on their porch. I don't care because it isn't directly effecting me. Let someone else turn them in.

I even think pot should be legal truth be told. I think if someone wants to smoke it they should allowed to as long as it does not infringe on others right to breath clean air. ASK me how I really feel! I truly am a live and let live until it is on my doorstep and in my home!
I am a bit nervous though it is going to come back on me. I know I am judging right now but- the tats around the neck to the sleeve and the types of people he hangs with........... People get wacked for less. I told the office I am moving if it happens again and I will not accept any charge for doing so. I mean it too. The contract was breached for being able to live in a safe and smoke free/drug free community. Trust me I am a pro at moving and can be gone in 24 hours

Just wanted to add that people I know that do smoke tobacco are respect and mindful of others and don't break the polices. I have friends that smoke and they never do it in my home and we are cool- just wanted to make that clear.

Lori- Goodness 4 tires! ICKES!!!!! I know I need to get one new one. I had 3 replaced a year ago- but the 4th was in good shape. But now I am thinking it needs replaced too.

I would say 1.7 miles is a great hike!!!!!! Yum and more yum on that tuna salad. You know I LOVE tuna salad but it is one of those things I rarely make. It's so simple yet I just don't. I have 3 cans of cold tuna in my fridge that have been there for a year. I like it with CRISP celery and that is it. Just simple. I put a little mayo and garlic powder and call it a day. Packed with protein and no carbs.

Now the noodles would get me! I would want to eat those. I am a savory eater anyway! I watch The Food Network and see them making those paddadeaux noodles. It sends me over the edge! Never had one. Not going to anytime soon. I would gobble the bowl. Add beef PLEASE!!!!
Yup stick to tuna- better choice.

OMG- I am outta time- back in a bit
  #1485   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-21, 07:33

BF:

Ok back for a second until I get a call. People do not like talking in the morning- I am one of them. I get hung up on alot in the morning. I find it intrusive myself.

I spent almost 6 hours this weekend on the job hunt. It will come along. I will just keep looking........... no worries and do what I can. I am done stressing. I will do what I can and keep on rolling.

Anyway.........

Nic-- LOVED that pic! You two just look so relaxed and happy.
You got a mini girls weekend coming up! Is that next week?

Trig- Hope you got your work done and post soon my friend!
---------------------------------------------------
I am down another 1.2 pound. I am very focused on foods and portions right now.

Ok- just got a call gotta run