Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1096   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-21, 16:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies- fast one and I apologize. I am WHIPPED. Day started early and ended LATE!!! I ended up with a TRAIN WRECK call at the very end of the day and had to finish it. I am so over talking and computers.

Made a crustless breakfast casserole. SO SO YUM YUM!! Super easy- Italian sausage, peppers red and green, mushrooms, and egg, and cheese for those that can! Bake and done! Top with salsa.

TOTALLY in a new series now- Poldark- prime! I am starting episode 3 and hooked. Get past the first 10 minutes and it gets great.

Personals in am- Gotta close this computer, my eyes are crossing. Need me time.

Sponsored Links
  #1097   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-21, 03:59

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nic.....Glad the passport issue will most likely NOT be an issue. Fingers crossed that no one mentions the 2 months out expiration date. You'll have a great family trip. Hope all goes smoothly.

One of my golfing friends left for Tahiti yesterday. What a hassle! She found out 2 days before leaving that her return flight from Tahiti had been canceled! She was not even notified and found out just because she decided to check her details online. She spent 7 hours on the phone on Monday trying to get things straightened out. One of the hardest things she had to navigate was getting a Covid test within 3 days of leaving. There was no place around here that would guarantee her results would be ready in time. It had to be 3 days prior to her flight to be accepted. She ended up going to JFK the night before because she could get a test with results guaranteed before her flight. She has to stay in Tahiti 2 extra days(poor thing ) since she had to change her return flight. She met up with a friend from Canada at the San Francisco airport yesterday afternoon. Her friend only made it by 20 minutes due to her flight being delayed due to a storm in Canada. What a stressful adventure!

Jaz.....I'd love the details of your breakfast casserole. I want to incorporate more eggs into my diet.

Hope today is an easy day for you after your marathon session yesterday.

Trig.....Hope your return trip home was uneventful. How did DD make out while you were gone?

---------

Well, you can guess what I'm up to today. I am well and truly addicted to this silly game. I played pretty well yesterday....just a few really bad shots....most of them on the last hole! I hate when that happens. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth...IYKWIM. Back today to try again!

Have a great day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Jul-30-21 at 04:08.
  #1098   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-21, 04:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori.....yea swinging that great game and last hole or 2 you throw it all off....so get ya on that. It would irk me too LOL but those 18 holes is a long time to play and even if you went bonkers a bit on the last ones, you still know you truly played a good long game thru it all

Kiddo did well. Had fun in the pool, and took in the dog too...omg the dog hair in the filter! I am almost a no dog policy in the pool and rarely let him go in but when gone I thought WTH, let the kid have fun....they did

Jazz, glad you got a new series. I like new series too LOL
I just binge watched 'Kayla' on Neflix. It was very good being set in Iceland or something, heck I can't remember, but I love the off beat series, alot of good ones out there.

Sorry you are whipped. Resting up will cure that

Nicco.....yea that passport crap would drive me insane
Nice thing is as all your kids leave the nest they have to renew and deal with ALL that stuff themselves, you will be off the hook HAHA

Hey you are ok with the empty nest coming at you cause you raised good, solid, smart kids that are now going to enjoy young adulthood in style as much as you will miss them you know one thing, they are stable out there, will do well and have heads on their shoulders which will make you massively more comfortable sending them on their way!! Makes you relax alot more so you guys did a great job on them!!

You do have a very big change of life coming for sure from a houseful to quiet but believe me girl, you will adjust to that quiet very quickly and love love love are you 'me time'

--------------so got a little bit more to get out of rv and done on that
fast trips mean not alot of stuff so I like that

catch up on chores.

have to vacuum later, kid gave dog a good bath and brushed and blow dried him on the carpet and omg I got dog hair everywhere.....I was pointing at the areas and said to kid, WTH? and she is like, hey he is clean and I am like omg the hair.....so you know what I am doing today. I said why didn't you vacuum and she said I couldn't find the vacuum and I am like.....ARE YA KIDDING! It is in the same place ALL the time in the back pantry and she is like, oh I didn't look there! yea right omg the lazy teen

so kid comes in the kitchen and I say I know what you ate and she says...yea what and I said you had that rice thing in the wok I bet and you made a box of that mac n cheese and she was like....how did you know? and I said the rice is on the floor in front of the stove and I am crunching over it and I bent over and picked up a big chunk of noodles/dried cheese from my kitchen carpet runner and said here is the proof of the mac and cheese and CAN'T YOU clean up after yourself? and she said 'you told me to survive while you were gone and I did and now it is up to you to clean up after me, cause I survived' with a big azz on her face... OK, what a smart azz, she is starting to take up after me HAHA ugh

today is some taylor ham slices, got me a nice ribeye steak and a pork tenderloin defrosting for tomorrow.

nothing much doing here, just the usual catch up with life at the house when one returns home from a trip

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Jul-30-21 at 04:57.
  #1099   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-21, 06:26

BF:

Good Morning! I got 3 more episodes in last night. Each episodes is 58-60 minutes! I am loving this series.

Lori- Good on that gold swing. Does it bother your shoulder to swing like that for hours on end? I guess with my knee issue I am hyper sensitive to joint and muscular issues! HAHAHAH.....

OMG- so google breakfast casserole. I am sort obsessed with it right now. It is a different taste and so very comforting and almost pure eggs, cheese (for those that can can) and meat- and a few veggies for taste. I personally like a bit of red peppers and mushrooms.

My next breakfast casserole I am going to "experiment" with pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers, and try a LITTLE mozzarella. A pizza casserole- no carbs! I had a friend whom and a "cheeseburger" casserole. That is on my list to try too! Just fun to play with keto ingredients. Easier than making an omelet every meal. This stores well and pull it out and scoop it out and boom a meal.

I really rambled about that!

Trig
- Pup in the water huh! HAHAHAHAHA- I hear ya on dog hair but the kiddo and pup had fun! It is what it is.

Yeah I hear ya on the "clean up". It is always sorta like picking up the wrapping paper from Christmas morning. - next trip?

Yum on the ham and steak!

NIC
- I tell the hassle of dealing with crap like the airlines and red tape is something I do not deal well with. Good that you got it all worked out!
I hear ya on your life changing as the birdies fly the nest! Yes they will be gone for much longer stretches. But is has to be that way. They gotta experience life and you need to rediscover yours!
I am very excited for you for the next year or two as you decide where your energy might lie!
-----------------------------------------------------
Both knees woke me up with screaming pain last night and I have come to the conclusion I need to do something about it.

I got the name of a physician here. I just hate to just "show up" with somebody I don't know with an injury. But I need a referral to an ortho group. It issue with an ortho group their philosophy is that "TO CUT IS TO HEAL". I do not want surgery on my knees. I will give it the weekend- and basically put it off a few more days to see if it gets better!

Got another scoop of breakfast casserole and fresh ground beef for LC sloppy Joe!
I am really really - committed to like NIC said- hit this WOE hard. I lost 12 pounds then stopped and gained 2 back. So I am down 10 solid. I want another drop!!!!!!!

Off to serve the man! 8 hours to go!
  #1100   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-21, 04:20

BF:

Good Morning!

Chilly start this morning......mid 50's! I'll be wearing a lite jacket to the golf course this morning. Yesterday's golf game was horrible. Neither my friend or I could play worth a damn. Funny how well I played for 2 days this week and then it all went to he!!. We have decided that we may be playing too much. You don't realize how tired you are and you just keep going. We're going to start taking Friday's off.....these old bodies need some down time. Today we're playing in a small tournament with the lady's group. I think there are only 8 of us. Sad how the group has dwindled.

Trig......Funny how you came home to a mountain of dog hair and a trail of evidence of what DD ate! Is DH back on the road with his job? He sure puts a lot of miles on. It's great that he enjoys it so much.

Jaz......So sorry about your knees. I wonder what would cause you too wake up with severe pain like that? I think it's wise to find a local Dr. Traveling all that way to Atlanta has got to be getting old. I'm so curious as to what is going on with the knees.

I'm going to look up some egg casserole recipes. I guess you can freeze them once they are baked? DH doesn't eat that kind of thing, and unless I cut down the recipe, I think they make a lot.

Nic.....What are you up to? You'll soon be winging your way to Mexico! I'm sure the whole family is getting excited.

---------

Well, it's 6:15 and I have to think about getting moving. I need to leave in about an hour. After yesterday's horrendous round, I'm really not looking forward to it. Gotta change my attitude!

Have good days!
  #1101   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-21, 07:11

BF:

Lori....yea you could be over playing for sure.....you got one monster golf schedule happening, a day off ain't gonna hurt ya one bit Plus remember, you got that better autumn cooler weather eventually coming and your day out on the course could be just a better weather situation where ya got 'some spring in your swing'

oh yea, hubby is working today, he really love this drive job!

Jazz sorry those knees aren't healing up fast and easy for you but if you went down straight on them and they took the brunt of the weight and all....your heal time could be alot longer, and it isn't something we 'can rest' too much ya know, I mean we still need to walk and use the knees LOL

Glad you got an ortho in the area.....go get some better info and hopefully you just did some soft tissue or smaller type injury even that won't be requiring any big drama med crap.....wishing you the best on that.....no one wants to 'go down that road', I so feel you on it!!

If you leave Pooler cause of your big rent hike where would go you.....you still loving St Simon? If yes you might wanna start shopping for rent or buy in the area sooner than later............but you got a bit of time but damn girl, in a way you do need a tad 'more permanent' if you want that ya know and try to seek it out.....you got time to think tho! Creepy thing is another move will feel like it came in a flash to you again...ugh...

Hey Nicco, how is it hanging? All going good for ya!!

--------------all good here

getting mom tomorrow for a few days visit

nice sun, swimming in the pool

gotta think 'back to school' and take kid out for new jeans and tops etc

she wants her hair GREEN again so have to hit up Sally's Hair and get the crap to do it and her new green color and deal with it

hubby working, driving his cars around for sales guys today at dealership

ME....finishing off laundry and didnt' hit that damn dog hair so today IS VACCUUM like a maniac the go out and vaccuum the pool......shoot me LOL

got some pork tenderloin and ribeye steak and sardines for today

got me a nice beef brisket on big sale, saved $10 off it....like $25 down to $15 so making that tomorrow in the oven low and slow.....yum....has a nice fat cap on it and gonna hound down that for sure

All good and you all have a good day too
  #1102   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-21, 08:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Jaz- I have heard people like Poldark. So much tv, so little time!

I am really sorry that your knees are still bothering you so much. That is upsetting after it being this long.

Keeping that ten pounds down is awesome. Well done!

Lori- Your friend had to be tested BEFORE she went as well? I know we are required to be tested 3 days prior to our return but not before we go. At least Tahiti is a nice place to stay longer!

Sorry your golf game didn't go as well as you wanted it to. I have wondered if there isn't some fatigue at some point in the week from playing so much but figured I had no idea about anything golf related!

Trig- Glad the kiddo did well while you all were gone. This seems to be a great compromise for you all- she comes on some trips and dog sits for others. Win-win!

You've got a good kid, there. She just seems like an all around good one.

That brisket sounds YUMMO!

••••••••••••

I guess I didn't check in yesterday. I read everything and just got sidetracked, apparently!

All is well here. It is cooling down a bit, still in the 80s which is plenty warm but not in the 90s. I am glad about that although I know you hot weather lovers may not be.

I am in non-sleeping hell again, so I just ordered a sleep supplement to see if I can break the cycle. I fall asleep, wake up anywhere from 1-3 AM and never fall back asleep. Not sustainable!

Pulled some beef vegetable soup from the freezer for lunch, then dinner is wings and green beans (if I want green beans).

Nothing earth shattering to report otherwise!
  #1103   ^
Old Sat, Jul-31-21, 10:35

BF:

Good morning!!!!!

NIC- Wow on trip around the corner! Yay I can't wait to hear how it all goes down for you! I know you will have a great time. So cool. I bet you are excited. Who is watching your pooches????
How long will you be there?????

Trig- funny on the pool vacuum. You will be happy once that pool is sparkling! Then you jump in with your floaty and rum drink and soak up some more summer!
We are maybe 4-5 more weeks until it starts to cool down a bit.

Shocking to hear to talk about "back to school" clothes! Do kids still wear jeans? I RARELY see people in jeans anymore. Gals are wearing shorts and or yoga pants. Guys wear cargo shorts, and EVERYONE wears flip flops/sandals.

Do they even sell paper and pencils these days or is everything on line?
Just curious. Covid did change alot and learning was one of those ways we changed.

Lori- Girl just reading your posts makes me hurt. You really give your body an all or nothing push! But then again you are the one who did boot camp! Hats off to you! You will age well- send me a card in 10 years when I finally get both knees replaced!

Whats for dinner?
------------------------------------------------------
Good wonderful SATURDAY!!!!! - I just love a weekend! - Little one let me sleep in until 8:15 then I woke up to a nose on my nose. No whining, scratching, or barking- just a wet nose. Toooooo freking cute.
Ruger is really turning out to be "just my boy"!!!! - It took us a minute to gel....... but now we are bonded forever. Last night watching TV he curled up on my lap and was as cute as cute could get.
It is now going on a bit past noon and I am still pretty much in PJ's and not going to do squat.

I didn't sleep well due to my knees. I would rate my pain 11/10 when I move them a certain way. I am pretty certain that I tore/ or shredded a ligament at this point. It is just going to take a longer minute to heal.

I actually considered going to the ER this morning the pain is so bad. So I called the ER to see what their process is regarding Covid because I didn't want to sit with sick people.
They told me they don't have a radiologist on the weekends.......SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? I ask well what if I was in a accident or emergency?!?!?!?! They would ship me to Charleston or Jacksonville.......... WAKE up call........ No real healthcare here!!!!

I am going to call my Dr. in Atlanta and get a referral to an ortho group here to be seen. But I was also told the waiting list AFTER a referral was several weeks to a month...... I will be healed up I hope by then.
So............. I will just keep chewing Mortin and icing and rest it as much as I can. Being on the 3nd floor and walking a pup is challenging, but he is a good boy and doesn't pull on his leash. Plus it keeps me moving a bit so it doesn't get still. They feel better as the day goes on- and worse at night and first thing in the morning.

Ahhhhh....... life as we age. Let me just tell you this fall has really also been a wake up call to SLOW MY ROLL. Slow down running up and down steps, watch where I am walking, use a hand rail, not 20.

Other than the irritation of knees........ I am doing ok. Woe is right where I need it to be. Solid 10 and pushing for another drop. Would love another 10, and 10 after that! HAHAHAHAHA IT is DOABLE!

I am REALLY enjoying Podark! - binged it 3 episodes last night. It was almost midnight before I FORCED myself to turn off the TV!

Today is my putter day. I need to do a quick run to get a couple things at the store, not a big shop- in and out.
SO unbelievable humid here. Uncomfortable to be outside. - so I am chillin in the AC.
I look at it this way.... in the north there are a few months that you hang in most of the time Jan/Feb......... In the south it gets so hot /humid that you don't stay out long periods Late July/Aug. Then come Sept./ Oct/ Nov. PERFECT weather.

Ok- well going to get my errand done and prop up my leg.
  #1104   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-21, 05:19

BF:

Nicco.....ewww I hear ya on that crappy sleep cycle. I get something like that for a few days in a row and can make ya go bonkers

It is good you got nothing earth shattering.....I figure you are due for some pickleball games Get some energy shaking and moving, maybe help the sleep some?

Jazz, OW OW on the knees....pain is 11/10 yikes.
Yea it don't take much to hurt ourselves but the darn healing time can be SO long for certain issues we do to our body parts My ankle tendon issue took years to truly heal up before it became a non issue finally for me. I feel ya on it all.

Glad your WOE is going so well....keep on trucking! Stay on plan no matter what is what gives us benefits and you seem to be doing great!!

No my kid is non fashion type kinda....jeans and Tshirts, like her momma HA

Lori....hasn't checked in just yet, golf game today?

----------------
Nothing doing here

some sun rain maybe coming?

going to pick up mom today for a few days visit here

stop at store on way home for a few items

nothing dramatic....gonna be mostly a chillax and do whatever day

hubby got called to drive a car today with another driver, just about a 6 hr rd trip deal...he loves it

at store I think I will buy a big mess of country style pork ribs and cook those up and have some leftovers....I am getting tired of cooking again ugh I hate even frying a 3 minute steak now HAHA yea me bad but darn, I just am not wanting to cook anything anymore...kitchen is like kryptonite to me now.

over and out and be good all
  #1105   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-21, 05:45

BF:

UPDATE: SCORE, SCORE and SCORE!!!

1.) Got a beef brisket too! Trig talked about it- I want one too!!! SCORE- found the very LAST one at the store because they were on sale for 3.99 pound. ! You read that right! Got 3.4 pounds ready for the oven low and slow tomorrow. I don't want to screw it up. It will be my first time ever making one. I am going to look at recipes too for cooking times, spices, ect.... I know it is a low and slow..........

2.) Score- was able to shop for the week including hauling up 6 gallons of water and 4 bags of groceries and my knees held.
took out dog........ back now and wine over ice and relaxing. Time for Prime/ Poldark.

3.) BEST FOR LAST........ So I am schlepping my goods up the steps and see my neighbor across and down one door moving out and she has a STACK of BEAUTIFUL wall art she was going to donate to Goodwill. SERIOUSLY beautiful. Tags from Wayfair and in pristine condition. She stated that in her new place she wanted all new decorations to be picked together with she and her partner. Sooooo she was getting rid of perfectly AWESOME wall canvas prints. I LOVE THEM.
So I say.... those are so pretty...... she says help yourself truly.... it will save me a trip to Goodwill. I am THRILLED. I got 3 nice size canvas and a entire wall canvas prints that are just PERFECT with MY stuff. They are the cream, Gray, and gold touches for warmth. They fit as if I picked them with my room rug and couches.

Then she says- oh.... have this and hands me a Silver stamped floor vase with the pretty stuff that is tall and silvery with tiny lights. IT just FITS and now my room is complete. I had NOTHING on my walls. LOVE the floor vase it is about 2 feet tall add another foot with the "floral" branches.....and it just so fit.
I offered to pay her.......... nope all good.
I brought her over to see where I am hanging everything. That is my project tonight. They are canvas so no big nails!

Oh and then there was another little piece that was so cool. It is sliver pounded metal on wood. The word is LOVE with an anchor though it- it is very cool piece. I put that on my bookcase with Bella's collar hanging on the edge. LOVE
  #1106   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-21, 06:17

BF:

Good Morning- I came back to a post I did last night and got distracted and it was still on here ready to hit submit- BONUS post from me!

Trig- Did you get your pool cleaned out? Another beautiful day on tap- less humid today!
When it's pretty in the south it is pretty!
Does it change seasons where you are? I sorta wish it did more of that here. That truly is the ONLY thing I miss about Ohio. Is the fall leaves and crunch under your feet.

But hey- I will trade it to the waves and sand......

BTW- MAKING My brisket today! How was yours?!?!?!?!? How did you make yours?

Lori- back on the course today? Are you done with your tourney?
I just don't know what you will do when winter hits! I'm worried- - but I am totally sure you will flip to another work out!

NIC- girl SLEEP is so important! Have you tried melatonin? I am sure you have read all the ways to fall asleep including - no laptop for 2 hours before you sleep. Something about the "blue" light?
Also I just want to say the word: Menopause........ Sleep issues are a HUGE symptoms of that...... is is possible? You can also actually be premenopausal up to 10 years. Maybe a supplement for that? Have you ever had your estrogen level checked? Just something to think about!

If I am eating chicken I do like wings- I love the "flats" and CRISPY! Mush have a red wine and blue cheese dressing and celery! It's an EVENT!

Any updates on the trip?
---------------------------------------------------------------
ok time to look up a brisket recipe! I am bringing me out to get the chill off. Let it sit for about 30 minutes- then spice it up and off to oven.

enjoying some coffee with a 1/2 tea of pure caco unsweetened and my thick coconut milk and I splurged on some high end coffee beans.

So I am really looking into the Berkley water system. I know NIC you use it- However I am deciding between the two I am looking at. The only concern I have is the bicarbonate at the end of the filtering system. If it's not put back in it would be more alkaline and I was reading that drinking a higher alkaline water over time can be hard on your liver and kidney.
I am doing some research on it. I think PURE drinking water is essential to good health. I am tired of buying water in plastic. Plus it's expensive and leaves alot of trash! Just better!

ok- ladies have a great day.

Edited- BTW- anyone notice I am a "buffalo" now- not the cutest look. Wish they would give me a sweet looking cow or something!
  #1107   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-21, 07:23

BF:

Go Buffalo Go! Cool

glad your knees held well....that is a sign you are 'probably not that bad' in a small way and can get away OK but key now is REST them suckers ALOT! More about not schlepping then schlepping LOL

very very cool you hit a neighbor getting rid of 'nice things' and now you got something diff. in your apt....love it!

you scored

for my brisket I put it up in the freezer cause I was gonna make it Sat. but hubby worked alot longer and I thought screw it....will make Sun but then I remembered I have to get mom for a visit and thought, she ain't gonna eat it.....she is all into pasta and pizza and BLTs LOL

So I told hubby I am freezing it til I take mom home, get it out and cook then.

I am going to sear hard first.....I like crunchy fat and crunchy skin so I will super high heat sear on stove top then low and slow in the oven with a very small amt of spices, like a tad of onion powder, tad of garlic powder, tad of chili powder etc....nothing big, just a small small taste.

line bottom of pan with tin foil and let cook for a while like that and then bring up the extra foil over the meat and lock it into the tin foil and let it steam up more to be more tender.

so that is what I am planning and DARN YA beat me, good price on yours!! Can't wait to hear how it did! Waiting for a brisket update report for sure and enjoy all that yummy fat, hope you did get one with a decent fat cap
  #1108   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-21, 08:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Happy August, Friends!

Jaz- How nice of your neighbor to be conveniently giving those things up! Perfect timing for you! It will look so homey to get that stuff set up in your new home.

I hope your brisket comes out well. Sounds yummy!

As you know, I love my Berkey. You could add a little lemon to your water to acidify it a bit if you wanted to. I have the smaller size one, maybe the travel size? I fill it about every day and a half; when DS22 was here we filled it daily. I just fill a Rubbermaid pitcher of water and dump it in. I would ABSOLUTELY choose this over water in plastic bottles- I avoid those like the plague. The plastic leaching is really bad news.

Trig- Your DH is really embracing his car driving trip for sure. I love to drive but I think I would burn out pretty quick doing it as often and as long as he is. Doesn't he get tired of just sitting? My butt gets sore on car trips now!

Enjoy your Mama!

Lori- I am guessing you're out golfing today. Your shoulder and hip and so forth have done really well this year, it seems!

••••••••••

Re- Insomnia.. I have had jags of insomnia since my teen years and when I am one it is utterly miserable. I bought a sleep supplement that has melatonin in it that I tried last night, and it went better. I was till up from 1-3, but I slept from 10-1 and then 3-8 so that is plenty of sleep. I do feel a little hung over though, and I only took half of the recommended dose. Last time I took melatonin with my daughter, I took 5 mg I think and it KNOCKED ME OUT the whole next day. My body is super sensitive to medications of any kind, natural or not.

Month of July- Down 3.8 for the month of July, which is really awesome given my three trips that month! Overall loss since June of 11 pounds. So far this week I have been the exact weight (to the ounce!) for 4 days running. I remember that from my last go round with weight loss. I think once I stayed at the same exact weight for something like two weeks! It was like Groundhog Day every morning! I have, however, lost 3 inches for the month of July so yay for that as well!

Storms are moving in- getting quite dark out. I am going to try to get to pickleball today- it has been a hot minute since I have played with all the travel.

Planning the week's menu today as well- LC crab cakes and asparagus are on tap for tonight, plus later this week: steak, tacos, chicken cordon bleu I think. I might whip up a soup recipe to have on hand for some lunches as well.

Happy August!
  #1109   ^
Old Sun, Aug-01-21, 10:06

BF:

Good Morning!

Got in with 1 minute to spare......11:59......it'll be afternoon till I hit submit. Close enough!

Yes, I had a VERY early tee time....7:09. My usual partner pitched a fit yesterday because she played so terribly and said she didn't want to play today. 2 of the other ladies heard about it and invited me to play with them....at the freakin' crack of dawn! I didn't play particularly well today......this was day 6 in a row and I'm pooped. I have off now until Tuesday...assuming my partner has her nose back in joint and will play then.

Jaz......I love the sound of all the stuff you got from your neighbor. It all sounds perfect! You sure were at the right place at the right time! Hope your brisket turns out perfectly. I used to make it, but can't remember how I did it. There are no shortage of recipes online, that's for sure.

Nic.....I had a rough night for sleep last night. Just restless and kept popping awake. Gabby was in and got me up at 2 to go out and then it took me a bit to get back to sleep. Of course, I was sleeping good at 5 when my alarm went off. Nap time for me!

Trig.....What's on the menu for Mama this week? I know she's a good eater. Enjoy your visit.

----------

Ok......taking it easy this afternoon and just a few things to do tomorrow. Your girl needs some down time! Later!
  #1110   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-21, 06:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Me again! Slept great and woke up with lots of energy. It's not quite 8:30 and I have gotten almost all my chores done for the day. This afternoon I'm going to run a few errands and that'll be it for the day. Fasting this morning and keeping the rest of the day calorie controlled. Haven't had a day of counting for far too long.

Enjoying a rest day from golf/exercise. The most exercise I'll get today is some light vacuuming. I'm supposed to play golf tomorrow if my friend has gotten control of her emotions and is ready to get back out and play. I'm going one way or the other. I don't mind playing alone.

I'll be back to check on you all later!