Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#931   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-21, 07:01

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning from Atlanta!!!!!
So happy I don't live here anymore. Nice reminder as to why I am where I am!

NIC- You had my rolling on telling your 19y/o to have fun and make good choices. Yup- of course they will!!!!!! Truly though I think they will!!!! It's possible to be young and have good clean fun. My kids did. You raised yours right!

Funny on the 22 sleepover- they don't really sleep do they! I remember when my DD would have her softball TEAM over for a sleepover! They have the lower level and would "party" all night. The only caveat was they had to STAY in the house. I never knew who would emerge from downstairs in the morning asking for coffee! HAHAHAHAHA

TRIG- Someday you will find your treasure I am sure of it!
I am sure glad you are having a grand time!!!!!!! Plus you checked in- how freking fun!!!!!

Lori- sorry you didn't get a fun prize!!! But it sounds like you had fun!!!!
I know you will be happy to have the "big dig" over.
Have fun today.
-------------------------------------------------
Got in and settled yesterday. I brought the puppys crate and he was great last night. He traveled well.

Today I have some errands and going to see my ex-neighbor she wants to meet Rugar.
I will hang out there a bit and then meet mom and her husband for dinner. Will chill tonight and hit up my Dr. Office 8 am come back and pick up a pup and hit the road. Hope to be home by 5pm.

Well that is about it from here!
Check in later ....
Sponsored Links
  #932   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-21, 12:23

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Afternoon!

I've got to get back in the morning posting groove! Had a good, but hot day on the golf course. I think it was in the mid 90's, but there was a nice breeze that kept the air moving. I really didn't mind it. No golf tomorrow....will stay home and do boring house stuff.

Big machines still working out front. I have no idea when our road will reopen. They decided to cut a big section of pavement up, so someone is going to have to fix that once they are finished. I'll have to stop at the post office and extend my hold on our mail delivery. PITA for sure.

Jaz.....safe travels home tomorrow. Glad Rugar is a good travel buddy.

Nic....funny on your revolving door of kids. Will your son check-in while on his friend vacation? Hope PB went well.

Trig....Did you get the metal detector fired up? Hope the sun is hot and the rum drinks are cold. Those shrimp sound SO good. I'm hungry for some good seafood. You don't get that here in landlocked Pennsylvania.

-----------

All showered and enjoying an iced coffee. Not much else happening today.

#933   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-21, 03:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Last to post, and first to post! Another hot & sticky day here. Maybe a T-storm later this afternoon. No golf today....can you believe it? I'm going to mess around here doing laundry and cooking up some things for Betty. I'm going to make her chip dip and also some cauliflower with cheese sauce. I'll get the cooking done early before it gets so freakin' hot. I didn't sleep very well due to the heat. It was 87 degrees in our bedroom last night. We had a fan in another room on exhaust to pull air in our window, but it was not cool by any means. We have a window unit a/c we could put in our bedroom, but I don't sleep well with that running either. Sigh......

Hope you all have a good start to your week. Trig......enjoy that beach time!
  #934   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-21, 04:04

BF:

Good Morning-
Quickie- travel day for me- 6 hours though what looks to be a hard rain!
Ok- will check in when I am tucked in safe and back home!!!!!!

Enjoy your day all!
  #935   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-21, 04:23

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

big Tstorms coming in around noon

not a good day

off to beach to metal detect a bit before the big thunder rolls in...not a promising nice sunny day

new batts in detector, working fine, we shall see if I find treasure
later gators
  #936   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-21, 06:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Ha I think we are all saying some degree of the same thing. No rain here, but going to be really hot the next few days. Tomrorw and the day after at 95º. Lori, I would freaking die with no AC. Do you have a basement? I might move down to T's room (he's gone) on these really hot days because it is SO MUCH cooler down there.

Trig, sorry for the expected rain. Glad your detector is up and running though!

Jaz- Hope your Dr appt goes well- let us know and safe travels home! I'll be doing that drive from ATL to Sav in September.

I don't think I told you guys but I'm flying into/out of ATL. I figured I need to go visit my Mom and it seems to be that I see her annually in September these days. Last few years anyway. I talked my brother into coming and joining me in ATL. We rented a place and I used points to fly him in from Des Moines. That will be a lot of fun for us and now I have something to do when my Mom virtually ignores me. lol

I am literally DRAGGING myself to try this water exercise class today. There is NO PART of me that wants to go, put on a swimsuit and get in chlorine. I am hoping that it will be worth it and I like it.
Played pickleball yesterday and that was fun as always!

DS19 and his crew ran into car trouble on their first day, needing to get an alternator fixed on their van. They were stuck in OH. Not the best of starts!
  #937   ^
Old Mon, Jun-28-21, 15:52

BF:

OMG NIC- you had me chuckling in having your brother come to help shelf you from momma. I can OHHHHHH so relate. Best left for another time...........

The drive is not bad- but then again I pretty much drive it straight through.
You know our trip will will be here before you know it!!!! It is truly around the corner!

When did you join a swim class?!?!?!?!?!

TRIG
- You ready for a tropical low coming your way? Hunger down girl! It is going to blow in tonight with wind speeds in the 50-60's. Bring your stuff in. IT should be over tomorrow!!!!!

I know at some point your treasure will present itself!!!!!!

Lori- how was your golf day?
----------------------------
We got a tropical storm warning, from Savannah up to Charleston.
Home- and tired being on the road. It did not start raining until I got within 20 minutes of home. Light rain- but the heavy stuff to blow in later tonight!

Bought some cod, and lavish bread- made fish taco's. OMG good.
I laved the "bread" with some mayo- spinach, olives, and avocado. Rolled that bad boy up and chowed. Carbs less than 15. Glass of wine 5= 20 for day.

I am truly down 10- doctor was happy, I am motivated and ready to take on next 10. Healthy is so important to me. Fish and greens and a light white wine is my sweet spot. If I ditch the wine all the better!!!!! But I do like a glass before bed. Sometimes I drink it sometimes I don't.
Watching amount is key.
Water and sleep is also key, and stress reduction. I love my beach time!!!!!

Speaking of kicking back.......... Been up since 4:45- going to kick up feet.

and now storm is INCOMING- hearing thunder...........
  #938   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-21, 04:44

BF:

Good Morning!

Can't believe how well I slept considering it was 90 degrees in our bedroom when I went to bed! The fan was bringing in a breeze and I took a cool shower right before crawling in.....I was out! Up to the loo at midnight and then zonked again until 5:30.

Yesterday I just messed around here and ran some errands. Today it's back to the course for a hot & sweaty round of golf. 6 days in a row coming up...weather permitting. Thursday and/or Friday may be a rain out. We need rain desperately, so I won't complain.....well, maybe a little.

Jaz.....Glad you didn't have pouring rain for your whole trip yesterday. Congrats on the 10# down! Woohoo!

Trig.....Hope your weather clears for today.

Nic......Good idea to have your brother come to ATL! It sounds like you two will have fun. Water exercise? I don't think I knew you were doing that. How did it go?

Another cup of coffee and something for breakfast before getting ready to chase that little ball around. The workers are out front boring around...just a couple more days and they'll be finished. We are so lucky that they didn't have to work overnight. That would have been miserable.

Have a good one!
  #939   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-21, 04:52

BF:

Good Morning!
I am first poster?????? EDIT: - GOOD MORNING LORI!!!!!

So not ready to go back to work! It was a working weekend. Then Last night I get really sick really fast- and boom I was in bed by 830. I wonder if the fish was bad? I dunno- it was one and done! ICK.....

Hoping my tummy settles today. Sipping my coffee- that is a must!

Trig- You get those storms last night? It was the WEIRDEST !!! We got the black low hanging clouds and thunder and NO rain- it was just so weird. They were fast moving clouds too- very tropical.

You have another week of beach life?

NIC-
Who is left in the house this week? HAHAHAHAHAH- What is going on in your neck of the world? Did you sign up for swim classes?

Lori- Need I ask what you are doing?!?!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA what do you do in the winter?? HAHAHAHA
----------------------------------------------------
Just waiting for the weekend! I get a 3 day weekend! I am hoping to hit up St. Simon beach and intro the puppy to water. I want a water dog! Bella was not.

Ok- not much else to share. back later after you all post!
  #940   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-21, 07:14

BF:

too late Jazz, we lost the tent, mangled beyond mangled LOL

tropical storm Carl or something came thru and we were out eating at a restaurant.....only a few lost some stuff, most were here to 'save their sites' but our tent is dead meat. had like 30 with gusts to 50 and people were scrambling here but must be all pros....cause no one lost their awning which is nice! Everyone had them up and so did we cause we don't leave our awning down when we leave to go anywhere if weather is iffy in any way....so alot of bucks saved on that one LOL..ugh

no biggie, hubby wanted a new one any way HAHA

camp broke down, fixing it all right now before going to beach, big sun, gonna enjoy it but darn weather means waves are very big, gotta be careful out there.
  #941   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-21, 16:25

BF:

Hi again!

Just sitting here wishing it was bed time. A long, hot day on the golf course. Repeating it tomorrow. Rain coming Thurs thru the weekend, so I'm sure some of our tee times will be cancelled.

Trig....sorry a storm came up and wrecked your tent. Glad the damage wasn't any worse. When do you head for home?

Jaz....hope your tummy troubles are over with. Sounds like something didn't agree with you for sure.

Nic & Blue.......

--------

Looking forward to going to my 90 degree bedroom and going to sleep.
  #942   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-21, 17:46

BF:

TRIG- I was SO SO SO wondering if you got what I got!!!!! You got it worse. Funny you said most campers were "pro's". Thankfully a small tent you just stash stuff is a drop in the bucket!!!!!

Enjoy your time sounds like it was a blip and no biggie! Watch that rip tide though!!!!!!! We have warnings out! We got 8 inches just north of me!

Maybe you can upgrade that chick tent!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Lori- I SO COULD not sleep in that heat. That sounds so funny from a southern gal now. But I crank my AC to 68 every night. It is like a Icebox in here. Yet I don't do winters?!?!?!?!?
68- is perfect to sleep in! Then I put it at 74 durning the day.

Hope you can sleep.
Did you catch the story Serena Williams slipped on wet pavement and jack up her knee and is out ???????? So bad...... Feel sorry for her. She is the hardest working tennis gal out there!

NIC- updates!
-----------------------------------

I feel SO so so so much better today. OMG it has been year since I tossed my dinner! Today I waited until 530 and had a chicken noodle soup. yea carbs- but first meal to stay down in two days and all I had- so...MEH- tomorrow I will be back on carb track- but it sure felt good after yesterday.

little guy and I going to bed early. He is really turning out to be a gem!

Nite ladies! Be safe out there!!!!!
  #943   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-21, 18:49

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- so sorry you were sick. Poor thing! Sounds awful. I am glad that it seems to be past you now. After two days of not eating that soup will just be a blip.

Lori- Girl it is so hot I don't even see how you can stand to be out there playing golf! And sleeping! Glad you can though.

Trig- SO GLAD you didn't lose your awning! That would have been awful. A tent is easily replaced although I'm sorry you lost it.

Things are fine here. Hot hot hot- 95º today and tomorrow. I did a little house cleaning, went to the gym, and hung out in the pool. Even did a Zoom meeting in the pool! Oh yeah I did!

Tomorrow I have a friend joining me to play pickleball for the first time. I harassed her until she finally gave in bc I know she will love it!

The water class is an Aqua Fitness class offered at the Y three days a week. It is fun and part of the membership so no extra cost. I enjoyed beebopping around and was able to call it my exercise of the day. Win! DD is going to come with me on Friday and give it a try since she has a day off that day.

That's about it from here- on plan and motoring along.
  #944   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-21, 04:43

BF:

Nicco super cool on the water exercise class!!!

I got my exercise in the waves yesterday a bit of boogie boarding and jumping waves, had fun

WHY ARE YOU hotter than me LOL We are a high of 83 today and I would love the 90s actually....but we got no storms around today so thankful on that one.

Jazz, wow you did get super sick...huh...I can't remember the last time I threw up LOL which is a good thing HA

rip is not bad here actually for some reason right now....in the ocean yesterday boogie boarding and more and even said to hubby the current is not bad but that can change fast.

Lori...girl that is too hot to sleep...get that window unit in your bedroom When my house hits about 78 is too hot for me but in the camper, on super hot days the AC can't keep up and it gets to about 85-88 in here til the sun sets and can cool it down again....so yea I know how hot it can be but ya know....I get thru it just like you do

right now the AC is flying and it is like a meat locker in this camper right now....hell my teeth are chattering HAHA

-----------all going good

kid broke her glasses. she hates her back up pair we brought. today is 'go to walmart vision center' and it is an 1 hr drive to get there and see what we can do about glasses. she is lost without them....omg what a PIA to the max. beautiful sunny nice day before rain tomorrow again and I have to go get eyeglasses. who knows what they can do for us, maybe fix the broken hinge on hers there? or order new pair and pick up in a few days....I don't know...we shall see...ugh

but first is a craft fair that opens at 9 we are hitting then off for a 'day about eyeglasses' but it kills me I can't be at the sunny beach in the water but as it goes down, crap happens right.

this trip 'seems off' to me in a way...oh well....eating on plan and staying good. a few bites of this and that but not eating off plan....staying true to form

chat later, be good all
  #945   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-21, 05:00

BF:

Good Morning!

Another warm night, but I slept right thru it! I did get up at 4:15 only because I was awake and had to visit the loo, so I decided to just get up. Heading for the course at 8 this morning. I think we'll be rained out tomorrow, so going to enjoy today. I need to go get my annual blood work tomorrow anyway, so it'll be ok to have a day off golf.

Trig.....sorry about DD's glasses and now you have to spend a day in the car and at Walmart, but as you said, stuff happens and we have to deal with it. Hope it's an easy fix and you get back in time for some beachin'.

Nic....Your aquacize class sounds like fun. I'm sure you and DD will enjoy doing it together on Friday.

Jaz....So glad you and the new pupper are getting along well. It sounds like he's blending right in with your schedule. I'm anxious to hear how he likes the beach/water.

----------

The project out front is wrapping up. They hope to pave the section of road that they tore up on Friday and then I'm not sure how long it has to "set" until cars can drive on it. I'll be glad to not have to detour around even though it only takes 5 minutes or so.

Have a good one!