Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#901   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-21, 11:11

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Slow and wooly start to my day. I got Vax 2 yesterday and was in bed at nine. Good news the "boy" sleeps though the night. Yes- I changed up his food the day he got sick due to Vet recommend. It wasn't alot and has not had any issues since.

He is SO FULL of energy-- WTH was I thinking a half Shepard?

Anyway got up this morning and started in on chills. I hit up a warm bath- fend the pup and crawled back into bed with 3 shirts, 3 blankets and wool socks. I lasted 4 4hours and then stopped as fast as it started.
Now I am just tired- arm a little sore, nothing to write home about.

NIC- YAY on NYC- I can't wait to hear all about it! So cool you are close enough to your kiddo but not TO FAR ya know. They gotta go out and make their own way. 2020- really threw a money wrench into the lives of so many of these "kids". So very cool to help launch.

Lori- Enjoy your golf day......... Anything else happening? I guess tooling along and all good is all good.

Trig- Yay I would be sorta ticked off if the hubby made plans like that with no conversation! But it is over and done and sometimes we gotta pick our battles. Personally I would say that NEXT time lets chat about it!!!!!!

Hey I am sending ya the rain today!!!!! MISERAY loves company.

WOE- was off a bit yesterday - back on track and only gave up 2/10- will get it back. I was worried today would be a no eat day. But I am able to eat and I am hungry. What I REALLY want is a double Wendy's no bun. It's right across the street!

Ok- I am socked into some rain- and going to R&R today.
Sponsored Links
  #902   ^
Old Sat, Jun-19-21, 12:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Checking in from NYC. Headed back this evening. Yesterday we put almost 18k steps on our feet! I have had a really good time. You all know I like to eat my way through trips and so I committed to making the trip flour free and sugar free. Not perfectly LC but really good for me for a trip. I think I will meet that goal!

Jaz I’m glad your post vax symptoms were pretty mild. Ruger sounds like he is doing well and is such a good boy!

Lori I’m glad your friend showed up for golf and you all had a good time.

Trig- You can have the hot day in NYC today. HUMID for sure. We sweated right through our clothes!

Anyway that is about it. I’ve had a good time here and I’m so glad I came!
  #903   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 04:01

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Warm & muggy start to the day. We had some rain last evening and overnight, so I'll have to wear my wet shoes to the golf course. May be a bit messy in spots. This is my last day to play until Tuesday. 6 days in a row! Tired me. Tomorrow I'll putter around the house and make a grocery store run.

Nic.....So glad you went to NYC and had such a good time.

Jaz....Has your weather improved? Hope you and Rugar can get out for a nice walk today.

Trig....When/where is your next beach trip? I know you're anxious! I would be too.

-------

Another cup of coffee for me. I have about an hour before I have to start getting myself put together.

Have good days!
  #904   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 06:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

off to get mom for a few days visit here

back later to chat up and yes weather sucks here LOL rain on us for a few days....boo

be good, will be back later!!
  #905   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 06:24

BF:

Good Morning all!

NIC- Hope you had safe travels back! I know I have ask you this many times...... it is a bout 4 hours via train right? I wish we had trains down here that would fast track up places. You know other countries has amazing transit system. We are woefully behind.
So tell us about your trip!!!!!!

Trig- Yea we are socked in with rain. Just sorta a crappy weekend. What are you doing this week? You doing anything for Fathers day for the hubby? Maybe that smoked ham?!?
When is your next trip?

Lori- enjoy your time on the course!!!! What in the world are you going to do without golf for 3 days- HAHAHAHAHAHAH Ant plans to go see sis soon? Does she live in a senior complex?
----------------------------------------
Wow yesterday after I got done writing to you all the second round of fever hit me and knocked me FLAT down for the rest of the day. I literally slept almost 18 hours yesterday just chilling. Thankfully, The pooch is a baby and didn't mind sleeping. I only got up long enough to get him up and feed him then I was back in bed. I pulled his crate right beside my blow up bed so I could sleep all day- and I did.

Today, my arm is hot and looks like a baseball is hanging off my arm. However, I FEEL better than yesterday! Due to the fact I had a fever yesterday I was not hungry and just didn't eat. Ever heard the term " Feed a cold, starve a fever?" It's because your body needs all the energy to get that immune system up. So putting food in your body takes energy away from immune building! I wasn't hungry anyway.

Not much else happening here. Just puppy training, working full time and trying to get through everyday. The exhaustion at some point will give way to energy I am sure! That I think is my biggest battle. But honestly the last two months have been a head spin.

1.) Starting a new job- training then, doing it
2.) Losing beloved Bella- and nursing a sick pooch for her last two weeks
3.) Finding a new place to live and moving there
4.) Going back to Atlanta and getting my furniture
5.) New puppy- really????????????
6) Vax weekend

Next week-end I am going to Atlanta as it is time for my Dr. Appointment. I still need to get a doctor here. - its on the list.
I had some blood work that needs re-drawn and my blood pressure was up and she wanted to see me back in 3 months. URGHHHHH
Hopefully, I can find someone here pretty quick.

I am meeting my mother and husband again for dinner. It seems to be ok in a controlled environment for short periods. I am glad though I do not live closer. She invited herself and her husband to come her for the holiday's. I told her no. Again- boundries- no respect. She still thinks she is coming. And so the fight begins in JUNE. There was a reason I went to Delaware last year over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sighhhhhhh- enough......

Today- laundry. Gray out. But I need to run to the grocery. I don't have much. Need to get a few things. I will be happy to get out for a few minutes.
Putter day- this and that and grocery.

Ok all have a great day all!!!!
  #906   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 06:59

BF:

Lori- Enjoy a couple of days break from golf. I'm sure you will find plenty of puttering to do and maybe a bit of rest as well!

Trig- Aw, Mom is coming back! Does your DD spend time with her when she is there or do their waking hours not meet up?

Jaz- Sorry you got whacked with another round post-vax but I'm not surprised by it. Your body had a nice strong reaction and IMO that is a good thing. It is primed and ready now to recognize and fight off the virus. I'm really glad that Rugar (Ruger?) was willing to just roll with it. He seems like a very good pup.

I agree with you that a controlled time with your Mom is best.

••••••••••••

Man it is 8:52 AM and I am tired! I got home around 10PM last night and after a bit of decompression went up to bed and probably was asleep by 11- 11:30. Came down at 7:30 or so, put in a load of laundry, finished unpacking my duffel, got the dogs out and then in. Made my coffee, sat down at 8AM. Took my first sip and then got a text at 8:01 that DH was up and ready for his Father's Day breakfast! lol I was like FML!! Luckily I have a mug and saucer that are electric and keep the coffee warm so I grabbed a couple of sips while fixing him his breakfast. I made what he had requested- spicy sausage patties, bacon, cinnamon rolls (the grands that come from the pop tube) and then as a surprise I had brought him back some banana pudding from Magnolia Bakery in NYC. He liked that surprise!

I'm now sitting down with my coffee for real.

The trip was fun. Jaz, it is almost exactly 3 hours on the Northeast Regional, and there are faster trains too for more $$. I think the Acela is more like 2 hours or so? I enjoy train travel- I think it is relaxing.

We definitely got a lot of steps in on this trip- the first day was around 18K steps and the second day a little over 15k steps. We went to Coney Island one day and did a film from the Tribeca Film Festival one night. I'm glad I decided to go!

DS22 is staying another week in NC. I'll see what DS19's work schedule looks like as far as car accessibility (we will be sharing one) and what down time I might have in the house. DH will be out of town for work for part of the week (first time since the Pandemic) so there will be a good bit of coming and going.

Not much else to report. I've got some stuff around the house to catch up on but all is good!
  #907   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-21, 12:26

BF:

Home from the course, showered and collapsed with an iced coffee. I only have 1 day off from golf(Monday). I'll be back there Tuesday, Wed, Thursday.....off Friday. My friend and I play in a tournament on Saturday at a course about 45 minutes from here. We play in it every year. They have good food! My friend is playing really well right now, so maybe we'll be in the prize $$. Doubtful.

DH went out for lunch with DS & DGS17 to Texas Roadhouse. Wouldn't you know that he had pulled pork and that is what I was planning to give him for dinner! ARGH!! He'll have a fish sandwich instead and I'll freeze the pork.

That's it from here. Have a good evening!
  #908   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-21, 05:12

BF:

Hey! Good Morning!

Just a quick check-in before I get busy in the kitchen and with laundry. Doing the "Domestic Goddess" thing today. Not sure if I'll run to the grocery store or not. I really don't need anything, so maybe I'll go before golf one day this week. I don't feel like pulling myself together to go out in public. Baggy shorts and a sloppy t-shirt are the uniform of the day.

Waiting for the construction equipment to start rolling in. I expect them to close our road within the hour. DH wants me to call him if I see stuff happening. He'll probably spend the week watching what's going on with the project.

Ok....time to get moving. Putting off eating as long as I can today to save some calories. I think I've eaten all the "crap" that I had in the house, so hopefully I can drop a few pounds this week. Whatever. Scale is still within my safe range, but a few pounds off sure wouldn't hurt.

Happy Monday!
  #909   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-21, 07:15

BF:

fast one

last night Italian...omg! they all wanted pizza and ravioli and garlic bread and more.......more more more, kill me

I got buffalo wings.

I ate 1 slize pepp cheese pizza scraping and only 3 buff wings and am gonna throw out the other 5 from the order

tummy burn, gross food point blank!

I am so over this take out crap and less than good food but they inhaled it HAHA

from that little bit I got ICK bathroom this morn and feel truly icky on that small bit of junk SO I AM now ditching all that 'eat whatever takeout' cause they want it.

I am now all in with my life and my food and the hell with trying to 'fit in'.....yup, done deal on it. My body despises it!

ok me and mom off to dollar store later to 'get out' and see how the day goes

hubby off for oil change/filters changed on big truck....only around $300...kill me

GEEZ I NEED my damn trip or I am gonna blow HAHA

over and out and chat later
  #910   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-21, 08:45

BF:

Ok- I posted last night and it's gone?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I KNOW I hit submit because I SAW it posted. STRANGE!

There was much in it I guess anyway!

TRIG- I had to go back and reready your post when I saw Italian food and more and more and more- OMG my stomach would be in knots. I just can't do that. I am like you- bubble guts to the max. I don't give in unless I am prepared to suffer.
Sometimes I do- ie cheese on a burger. Sometimes I suffer sometimes I don't.
But the risk is there. But full blown garbage- oh girl I feel ya!!!!!!!!

Hope you get to feeling better fast! Your weather should be improving today as well. GET SOME SUN!

Lori- Your outfit is what I wear EVERYDAY! HAHAHAHAHAH- I actually had to put on a descent top and put on foundation and lipstick because I am going to get my drivers license updated, If I feel like it.

NIC-I am so happy you had a great time in NYC! 3 hours in nothing! And you don't have to drive! ALL IN!!!! -
My post that went poof I was LOLOLOLing your breakfast in bed request!!!!! HAHAHAH- So very sweet though!
Get your rest today and then you have the rest of your week!
-------------------------------------------------
I took a Covid day. My company gives paid days for either Covid or VAX related issues. I decided to give myself another day to fully feel better. I just wasn't "up" for work. Just not.
I was in bed all day Sat. So I figure I have earned an extra day.

I will say that they are doing clinical trials now for the booster. People are saying the booster is even worse than the second shot. I can tell ya with no qualms I will not subject my body to that again. Anyway- I am better- not 100%- but better.

Today I am going to update my address, haven't done that. I am going to get some stuff done I have needed to get done on a weekday but have not had time due to the 9-5 /5 days a week.

Ok- all-
I am thawing 2 juicy Angus burgers and I got pickles and onions to go on top- Oh man I can't wait. I am hungry but will wait until it's "time"
I am also thawing 7 jumbo shrimp for shrimp cocktail before hand. I have 2 glasses of Chardonnay and should come in right at 13-15 total carbs for the day, that includes the wine, on the patio.
  #911   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-21, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Woke to rain that is supposed to last until around Noon, so my morning golf plans have been cancelled. I'll have to do a Pahla B. video today to get some movement in. Yesterday all I wanted to do was eat, hoping today I'm a bit less ravenous. I was surprised to see the scale down this morning after all that noshing yesterday. I didn't really have any "bad" food around, so what I ate was ok....just hate those hungry days.

Got all my chores done yesterday except for the grocery store, so guess I'll do that today. Not in any hurry as the day looms long in front of me. I just don't know what to do with myself when I can't be on the golf course.

Have good days!
  #912   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-21, 05:12

BF:

First poster????? What- Where are you Lori? Then Trig right after!

Ok- feel better- going back to work today. Dealing with the "boy". Potty training still in progress.
Did make it to the pool yesterday..... I needed a break from the "boy".

Anyway...... I was the only one in the pool except 2 teens on the other side with this blue eyed blond handsome man my age appeared.
Well....... I smiled politely but did not act to interested. I figured if he was interested he would work himself my way. He did a couple laps in the pool and would you not know need up on my side of the pool about 5 feet from me and said hello.
At that point I took off my sun glasses and we chatted a good 45 minutes. Would you not know he is from WI and just visiting his brother and leaves Friday! Nice guy too....... oh well........

Nothing much on this front. Puppy, work, puppy, pool, puppy, bed ,repeat. I can tell you this pup is really becoming attached to me.

Salmon today and slaw- and done. I think simple is the way to go. Swelling in my arm has gone down and the heat is gone today as well. Soooooo all is well. I am hearing summering those about this new variant that is scaring the crap out of me. I guess that will be our new normal going forward.

Did anyone do Prime day?

EDIT- THERE YOU ARE LORI!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH
  #913   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-21, 06:26

BF:

fast one

driving mom home in a while

got tons of camper stuff to handle for getting food in there and all that jazz

got mostly ready, have to haul it in LOL

never done is it? we all got crap to do all the friggin' time

back later to chat...all good
  #914   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-21, 19:35

BF:

Hello friends!

Trig, it is so disappointing to go out to eat, especially a place that isn't your fave, spend good money on food that is just meh and makes you feel like crap afterward. So frustrating I know!

When are you leaving and is DD going? Can't remember!

Jaz- I hope your down day was good on Monday. It's good to get another day to recover, especially since you are so busy with your pup.

Lori- bummer about the rain canceling your golf. We had SO MUCH RAIN last night and for a number of hours today before it finally stopped around 2 or so. But compared to the drought out West, I'll take it!

Prime day- Didn't even look on Day Two, and bought a back up pair of over-ear headphones on Day One. I'll put them away and if my one pair that I love ever breaks, I now have a back up for cheap.

It has been a good couple of days here. On track, feeling pretty good. Today I did a bunch of batch cooking- I made stuffed chicken breasts (with Boursin garlic and herb, and baby spinach), have some other chicken breasts (Greek) marinating for the grill tomorrow, made lamb meatballs and made homemade tzatziki sauce for them. I also cooked up some green beans, and pulled a frozen container of homemade chicken soup from the freezer. Tomorrow I am also going to make a cucumber, tomato and red onion 'salad' to have on hand for a side, as well as the fixings for Greek salad that are also prepped and ready. That will take care of all the food prep for the week.

Going to get some pickleball in tomorrow. I haven't played since last week so I will drop DS19 at work so I can have the car. Also need to pay bills tomorrow and do a little cleaning catch up.
  #915   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-21, 04:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Happy to see the sun shining this morning. I haven't been out of this house since Sunday & I'm ready to bust out of here! Heading to the golf course around 8.

The construction in front of our house starts ramping up today. They closed the road on Monday and have been bringing in heavy equipment and huge concrete culverts and blocks etc. We have a train track that runs in front of our house and 1 train(2-3 cars) goes by each day around Noon. Once that goes today, they will start ripping up tracks and digging out massive amounts of rock & dirt. It is not directly in front of our house, but close enough that I could throw a stone nearly to it. We're still hoping that they won't have to work overnight, but they are not sure. It depends how things go. They are replacing culverts that go under the tracks to the river.

I'm going to do errands after golf today so I don't have to go back out. I have to detour, so will try to get everything done while I'm out and about.

Time to dig something up for breakfast and then get ready to head out. Hope you all have a great day!