Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#721   ^
Old Sat, May-08-21, 12:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

We are here in DE and having a great time. We had a nice meal last night, and today DS22, DH and I went to the OC Boardwalk for a while while DD and SoIL went to see his parents. It was great to walk the Boardwalk, people watch, dip our toes in the COLD surf etc.

I did have a funny experience that I will c/p from sharing with someone. I tell ya, I wish I could have watched this happen bc I would have peed my pants laughing over it. HA!! Apparently I was not the first and I'm sure I won't be the last!

••••••••••••••

Well, I had an embarrassing experience today! 🤯

We are in OC and DH, DS and I went to Thrashers for some fries.

As we are waiting in line, I see one of those pump things, like you see at petting zoos or RennFest, to wash hands. I headed over and started washing my hands very thoroughly in anticipation of my hot, salty boardwalk style fries. I was pumping the foot pedal and scrubbing away.

Suddenly I hear a guy calling out loudly "Ma'am! Ma'am!! That is VINEGAR!!!"

OMG, you guys, I was WASHING MY HANDS in MALT VINEGAR. 🤣🤣

And let me tell you, I *STUNK* TO HIGH HEAVEN.

Several rounds of hand sanitizer later, it was somewhat improved but I had to smell like vinegar until I could get back and really wash up.
Sponsored Links
  #722   ^
Old Sat, May-08-21, 13:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

LOL Nic! Well, I think vinegar kills germs, so you should have been sanitized!
  #723   ^
Old Sat, May-08-21, 17:31

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

DOT......... Long day..........
TRIG thinking of you..... Long juicy post tomorrow. But I am about to fall over tired.

In- Cable on- bought a TV Another one, and got my blow up bed up and ready. took a bath in my garden tub and I just ca't put one more foot in front of the other.

Nite
Awesome here.
  #724   ^
Old Sun, May-09-21, 03:05

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....thanks for checking in last night as I was really thinking/wondering about how you were doing. Do you have to make the trip to your storage unit next weekend? Hope your internet etc. is all ready to go for work tomorrow.

Nic.....hope you got rid of the vinegar smell from yesterday! OMG.....that is SO something I would do. By the way...how were the fries?

Trig....how was your day of "this & that"? We all need days like that.

Blue....

----------

I thought I would freeze to death on the golf course yesterday. It did warm up a little, but it was a dreary, cloudy day. At least it didn't rain on us....lucky! I don't think we'll be that lucky today. Yesterday instead of drinking a beer, I bought a little bottle of Crown Royal and poured it over a bit of ice. That helped warm me up! I don't think it helped my game any.

Ok gang.....make it a good day!

Oh.....& Happy Mother's Day to you all!
  #725   ^
Old Sun, May-09-21, 06:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I feel ya on the freeze! We are so close to nice weather but it feels so darn far away still LOL

Crown Royal....you go girl and I will have a bottle for ya in Savannah instead of beer waiting for you! We bad, yes we are HA

Nicco OMG that is hysterical! Malt vinegar into your hands, rubbed in big time I am sure. Oh you had to stink HAHA I hate hate hate vinegar and to have that smell on me, wow I would be insane on it all but you had me laughing alot!!!

Next 'spigot' you see you will think twice before slamming the handle and washing your hands HA

Jaz, so sorry you are tired and spent but more normal will come your way but I also think some kind of 'more permanent' living arrangement would be good for you. You moving alot is great and all but in the end it wears us down and hope you find a longer term---set your happy azz down and live for a while in a place you love---situation for ya

----------all my this and that is just that...this and that and getting done.

seeing alot of 'fixes' needing done around here and irks me.
back porch with some plank rot
garage door not going up/down right, out of whack somehow
got a barn roof hubby never finished, that is a train wreck
FENCE WATCH 2021 ain't happening HA
got some other metal fences needing work, ugh
Pool, don't even...the cover ripped/shredded and the cleanup is gonna be rough and omg

thinking of getting rid of pool and buying a nice big jacuzzi outdoor space thing and just saying screw it....gets me wet, got heat to get wet in colder fall to extend the season and JETS and more....my pool is getting to be alot of friggn' work I find me not wanting to do anymore....a big sigh on all this and thoughts rambling around on it all

ok off I go....out and about...be good everyone

and just so o
  #726   ^
Old Sun, May-09-21, 07:24

BF:

Good Sunday Morning all!!!

NIC- DE is really pretty! I made it up to Ocean City! Very cool! Rehabooth Boardwalk is pretty fun too! Glad you are having a great time!
How long does the son get to stay home? Spring Break?
I just love you always "take us with you".

Trig- - How was your day yesterday? How are you going to spend Mothers day?
Whatever you do- make it special!

Sent you an email.

Lori-
wow oh wow on your cold weather! Love the Crown Royal to warm up the bones! HAHAHAHAHAHAH
What are you doing today?

Blue- Hi! Hope you get in a long juicy conversation with your DS!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well- here I am in this huge space of an Apt. It is actually 150 square feet bigger than the door house. It also SHARES NO WALLS with another neighbor!!!
I am on the ends that is 2 sides, then the "front" there is a hallway separation, the 4th side is a stairwell on the end of the building. So not the main stairwell. I am on the top floor.

I swear the back of my legs are KILLING me from so many trips up 3 flights both directions. 46 steps total EACH WAY.

I can't help but think Bella would have loved it here. On that same thought she would have had to have been carried. There is no way a sick or older dog with hip issues could do these stairs. When she rolled down 2 flights and hit concrete in St. Simon I knew her days were numbered. Then To think I would have had to carry her- I BARELY can get my fat ARSE up if doing multiple trips.
There is not an hour that goes by I am not still thinking of her.

Today is going to be putting away, hanging clothes and straightening up.
I have to look at bills and do an actual food shop.
I also realized I don't have a plate or towel. I will hit up Walmart and pick up a couple items until my furniture gets here.

Speaking of- I am room rug shopping. My living room is 12X18 nice size, laminate wood looking. Both bedrooms are carpeted. The walk in closets are HUGE.
There is also a garden soaker tub I used for a bubble bath last night.

I got my work station put together but need to crank it up and call IT as there is an issue with one of the monitors.
BUSY day- and for that I am thankful!

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL
  #727   ^
Old Sun, May-09-21, 14:30

BF:

Happy Mothers Day

I got 2 lbs. of Kobe Wagyu hamburger, fancy huh? and a rack of pork ribs from my fav BBQ takeout joint.

I taught my family well HAHA
  #728   ^
Old Sun, May-09-21, 16:33

BF:

Well, we made it thru our round of golf....just a few sprinkles on the last hole. It's been pouring rain ever since. Whew! We lucked out. It was cold and I had wet feet most of the day. A hot shower felt awesome when I got home.

Trig.....Score on the Mother's Day meat! Woohoo!!
  #729   ^
Old Mon, May-10-21, 02:35

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm looking forward to a day at home, doing laundry and just puttering around. After 4 days in a row of golf, I'm ready to have a down day. I will do a Pahla B workout at some point to get some moderate movement in for the day.

I was SO tired last night that I went to bed at 8:30. I never heard DH come to bed.....I was zonked out! I feel like I slept hard all night.....well, until 4AM!

Jaz...hope you get your work monitors up and running with little hassle. I can't wait until you get to explore your new area and tell us all about it.

Nic...are you on your own at the beach now? I forget when you're heading home. I could go back and look thru the thread, but I'm too lazy.

Trig....what are you up to this week? Is DD finishing up her school work for the year?

---------

Ok guys.....I'm going to pour copious amounts of coffee down my neck and get this day going. Have a good one!
  #730   ^
Old Mon, May-10-21, 06:11

BF:

Lori you got off lucky with sprinkles on the last hole! I hate that damp cold feeling....standing under a hot shower just fixes that tho!!

enjoy your laundry day! Sometimes that is all we want....do nothing fun at home and just chill.

We got rain today but might clear later? who knows

Jazz, your apt sounds so great!
3 flights up and down are worth it the way you said your apt is angled with sharing no walls and end unit etc! I know I would love that also! Just think buns of steel from those stairs.....this is your new time now and those stairs are gonna help you instead of nail ya LOL

Nicco, are ya showering in any vinegar or anything lately? I am still laughing over what ya did

----------------ate ribs and burger yesterday.

now I have to eat my ribeye steak today I defrosted.
pair with leftover ribs or cook a small pork tenderloin I got defrosted or ? I don't know I will eat something with the steak and call it a day

Just livin' and chillin' and doing this and that and other BS.

Gonna book a few days at the beach. Darling daughter wants us gone. Wants house to herself, wants parents FAR FAR away.....heehee.....hey 16 she can stay home alone a few days and we leave the dog too! Camping at beach, NO KID NO DOG....omg what to do with ourselves

be good all, off to check dates and book trip and see what goes down today
  #731   ^
Old Mon, May-10-21, 07:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

OMG Trig!! That sounds amazing!! What a great time for you and the CHOP! You have to tell us where you are going once you get it booked. VERY cool! DH and I will be beaching it up in July sans any kids- we will either have one or two home at that point. Dogs will stay behind, kids will stay behind. Whoo hoo!

I hope your Mom is doing pretty well.

Wagyu beef! That is an awesome gift! What are you going to make with it?

Lori- I guess getting up at 4-something isn't too bad if you were asleep at 8:30. That's a good night's sleep right there!

Four days of golf in a row is a LOT. A day of rest and puttering would be most welcome for sure!

Jaz- Yay for getting safely to your new apartment. Not sharing walls sounds AMAZING. And brand new too! I think you got a steal of a place. You are a lucky duck!! I am so proud of you for getting there, getting moved in by yourself.. that is a lot of work. And a lot of stairs! You are a tough cookie!

I agree that those stairs would have been super tough on your Bella. I was thinking that when you told us about it. I couldn't imagine her being able to do them.

Happy late Mother's Day to all of you!

•••••••••••••

I'm on my own here and not hating it. It is a little weird but just fine.

Yesterday after everyone left, I puttered a bit and then went and got the cruiser bicycle that was in the storage off the garage. I pumped the tires and went for a spin! I've ridden a bike about three times in the last decade (last time was on Key West) but I didn't fall once!

After getting back from that, I decided to drive out to Rehoboth Beach and explore their Boardwalk. So off I went. Drove 30 minutes and there I was. I liked the Rehoboth boardwalk a lot. The OC one is the longest and busiest- you could people watch there ALL DAY plus it has the most direct beach views- 3 miles one way of boardwalk, people and beach views! Rehoboth was my second favorite for people watching and tons of shops. Bethany Beach was more preserved- the short boardwalk is on the other side of the dunes so you can't see the beach, really.

Today is cloudy and mildly windy, with some showers predicted, so I'm going to hang out some here and then drive around and check out some towns in the area. I want to write a letter to all three of the kids (I have absolutely failed in my weekly mission but am slowly getting some done here and there for the most loved folks in my life!)

Not sure what I will do on Tuesday yet, we will see what the weather brings. Wednesday I will check out, and then pick up DS19 (an hour away) and bring him home for the summer.

Did I tell you all that he and his ex-gf seem to be getting back together? He mentioned it the last time we had facetimed with him and then she texted me for Mother's Day. So we'll see how that goes!

DS22 and his Fiancee are making really good progress with their wedding plans. I guess she is coming back up again this month for a weekend for another mad dash at wedding planning.

That's the catch up from here. Lots of beach walking, boardwalk walking and general happiness. The past several days have been 13k step days!
  #732   ^
Old Mon, May-10-21, 18:22

BF:

NIC- So you were in my neck of the woods! Rehabooth Beach! Did you see the Crab Shack!!!!!! My nightly dinner joint. I was there for 3.5 months last year.
So cool you got some space to do what you want!!!!! I just love that! ENJOY ENJOY

Trig- Glad to know things are coming together with mom. Nothing worse than wonder what to do. An plan is better than anything really. Not knowing is worse.
Yum oh yum on that steak girl- back on the not snacking!!!!!!!!

Lori-
- love me a good putter day!!!!!!! Can't wait to have one truly. I have been on EXCELL DAYS- Amazing my adreno glads have not given out .
Enjoy

HI Blue!!!!
---------------------------------------
Need to get my furniture. The moving issue is backed up with everyone moving - so not sure when or how- working it out.

My biggest issue was if I was going to keep my couch and love seat and recliner here in the new place. Not for space but because it was Bella
couch and where she slept - both couches and I had the recliner.
There is a ton of dog hair embedded in it..... it was hers. Even with the sheets down it still collected hair.
I was back and forth on to dump it and get new, But ya know its good newer furniture and I truly can't afford to get new without putting it on a payment plan. Why I do that when I can just clean it up and put new pillows on it. She always had sheets on it. So it would seem new purge her- just can't. Just CAN'T. I tossed her toys and her feeding bowel - did not ask for ashes back...........
I just need to take the sweeper to the edges.

Going to ditch the recliner for space as my couch has 2 recliners in it.

so I worked that out in my head.

Work. was so bust today- work heavy (2+ hour on 3 people ) that were needing help. One was a post discharge from the hospital that needed everything. I spent 2.5 hours on her. So for my 2.5 hours she is getting 3 months of food delivered hot meals, PT/OT , meds to her door and transportation, and help around the house. I feel good about that ..... The other tow were just as critical.

I was spent after work and they have a hammock park here. So beside the lake they have 8 hammocks big enough for two- to lounge. I just curled up in one and was almost asleep.
I love this place.

Working hard and sleeping hard. Can't wait to get my furniture.

Later gators- on WOE point,

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, May-10-21 at 18:30.
  #733   ^
Old Tue, May-11-21, 03:30

BF:

Good Morning!

OMG....DH got up just after I did and he is talking, talking, talking. The last few mornings have been like this. All I want is to sit here and drink my coffee.....in peace. I love him to death, but geez......shad up a minute!!

Today starts 6 days in a row of golf. I thought we were off on Wednesday this week, but my friend called yesterday and wanted to get on the schedule. Of course, I said ok.....we can't play in the winter time!

-----------

Nic....We used to go to Rehoboth Beach for a week in the summer. We rented a house just a block off the boardwalk for the whole family. It is a nice boardwalk and town. There were several shops and restaurants that I really liked. Overall a great place.

Jaz....Your new apartment sounds so nice and the hammock park?! That sounds awesome. I'm sure you're anxious to get your stuff from your storage unit. I hope you have managed to find some movers to get it soon.

The work you're doing helping people get the help they need is so important. I bet people cry with relief when you get things set up for them. You make a difference!

Trig.....is your weather clearing up? We're finally getting some sunshine this week, but temperatures only in the 60's. Our long range forecast calls for above average temperatures next week.....bring it!

Blue.....

----------

I struggled with myself yesterday. I just wanted to eat all day! I was determined to hold my calories at 1500, and I did it, but it was not easy. I was rewarded for my efforts with a lower number on the scale this morning, but my stomach is growling already! I'll have to fuel up well before heading to the golf course later this morning.

Be well, my friends!
  #734   ^
Old Tue, May-11-21, 06:21

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- Yay on a new low! Do you do fasting too? I find it is one of the easiest ways to cut those carbs and calories. I am also finding a higher fat content helps keep me full. You may want to think about going back to your HWC in coffee again?

Enjoy your game today!

NIC- - I can so see you in Rehabooth in the Summer. You are right it is a lovely little place right on the board way. No real "Beach" per say but still right on the water. Charleston is the same way. It's on the water but to get to the beach you need to go to Folly.
Savannah is the same- right on the water- but you have to go to Tybee. Which I might add is less than 40 minutes from me..... the beach. Downtown Savannah- 15 or less.
I will have Savannah in my back pocket by the time you all come!

Are you home yet? What is on the plan for today?

Trig- How are things rolling in your world? I know that you got your hands full.
Don't forget to give yourself some space to just chill!!!!! We all need that ya know!

Blue- Waiting for another drop in!
--------------------------------------------------------------
So, now I am thinking I will not be able to handle my 2 couches. I am thinking about just donating those and getting fresh new ones. After thinking about it- I just don't think I will be able to get her smell and all that dog hair- out of those couches. Those were "her" couches and she was on them every day. Also the fiber just clings to dog hair.
I can see myself crying every time I smell her or pull a chuck of hair from between the cushions. I just can't................ I need to pull myself together here and start with a blank slate. So I am looking at living room sets. I saw a few I liked. They were reasonable too.

I still need to figure out how to get my stuff from storage and back here. I think I need to rent a truck and drive there..... have movers put it in the truck. Drive it back here.... hire movers here. Then return the truck. All by myself. I am struggling this move more than any other I have ever done.

I am grateful for a job. I looked at this as a BS job to just get insurance. I now look at it a bit different. I am actually looking forward to it! I am enjoying it. I even like the work from home aspect. It's a great gig I will use for awhile. When it doesn't work for me anymore I will think about something else. But hey until then, it works.

Woe yesterday- On point! Salmon and put it on a kale salad. Oh boy was it good. I divided into two portions so that is done for today. I also bought a bag jumbo cocktail shrimp for any munchies. Good to go.

Have a good one!
  #735   ^
Old Tue, May-11-21, 06:52

BF:

Jaz.....I never gave up HWC in my coffee! I love it! I have 2 TB a day. First cup of the day is always plain, black. Jump start!

No, fasting does not work for me. I'm a hungry girl! I used to do it, but I grew to resent the restriction. I just try to listen to my body and keep an eye on calorie count. I've been using My Fitness Pal....easy and quick to add my favorite foods. I usually plan my whole day of eating first thing in the morning. I can maintain at 1600 calories a day, but 1500 allows me to lose a few ounces here and there. Some days I don't track, but I try to most days. Just be mindful, not obsessed.

Good luck finding moving help. I'm sure it isn't easy. Glad you're liking the job. Working from home has got to be a BIG plus. ((Hugs))