Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 09:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

lowjax, right? yea I get ya LOL
I just HATE being on a "diet". It's so restricting.

I am the same but me being the ultimate meat hound and seafood lover that I don't give one thought to plants ever, never did in truth when I looked back at my love of food.....what I loved was the processed crap manufactured and manipulated junk of life

but when my life came down to food for survival and best way to manuever and thrive it was all in meat and seafood for this old gal.

diet, pffft I hear ya! When our plans work they work for us and never against us!!

prime rib and tenderloin, yea invite me over please
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 09:51
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I do wish I liked seafood more. I keep trying it and right now, it ranks somewhere below brussels sprouts and above cold french fries.

Some of it is OK. I do like deep fried fish for a fish fry. I do like fresh panfish that is caught, filleted, and fried in butter and flour. Cod, tilapia, perch and grilled shrimp are OK. Most of it I can take or leave though. Too much variation in taste and too much of it is fishy tasting, which I don't like. I just recently spent too much on a seafood plate at an Asian restaurant and ended up liking the shrimp ok, but the lobster tail and scallops were bad. Like gas station bad. Rubbery lobster and mushy, fishy scallops.

But, I keep trying it and seeing if I can develop a taste for them.
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 10:09
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I have some specific "likes" and "dislikes" in the fish department myself, not caring for all of it. Understood.

Quick lesson in shellfish:
The moment it dies, it begins to eat itself. That's why fishing boats have all that ice. Keeps them not alive but not dead. NEVER eat mushy seafood. Send it back.
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 12:30
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi all. I'm hanging in there. One off-plan meal, but it's a rare treat and not that bad. It was easy for me to get right back on track.

I'm pretty fussy about seafood, too. Funny, because I LOVE sushi of just about any kind - salmon, eel, crab, you name it - but everything else, I find "blah", "too expensive" or both. I'd rather spend the same amount of money on beef and a bottle of DHA/EPA fish oil supplement.

Hope you're having a good weekend. I've got beef broth on the go, and I'm making steak tonight.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 12:34
Think, then Eat.

BF:

Good to know, Glenda. That's a bit gross, but good to know anyway.

Kristine - I'm picky about my sushi rolls. I guess they aren't really sushi rolls as I don't like the really raw ones with salmon, eel, tuna, etc.

And I've been in a beefy mood. Prime rib for dinner last night. Decided on a porterhouse for lunch instead of an omelet. Now having beef tenderloin steaks tonight. I guess my body is craving beef.
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 06:59
Doing My Best

Beef here has gotten too expensive for me to buy. I DO love beef, but only care for ribeye and filet mignon. When I can, I splurge and buy chuck roast for the Instapot, but I just feed that to DH.

Love lachs. Also lobster, but that's another thing I can't afford, and I don't trust restaurants not to deliver rubber. Fish oil is in my daily supplement dose.

Yesterday I nibbled. That's not good for me. Hope that today will be a OMAD day.
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 07:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowjax
it ranks somewhere below brussels sprouts and above cold french fries.

oh my

yea if you do get seafood that isn't just right it isn't enjoyable, I so hear you on how it is cooked makes a big difference.

My main menu is beef of all kinds and shrimp is my most go to for seafood in that it is the lowest prices out there....seafood can hit up there on an ouchy higher price ya know but shrimp seem to remain truly accessible for me to eat alot of and not feel the higher sting on prices.

All going well, staying on plan, just cruising thru the holiday season in good form, I am happy about that. So far so good
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-20, 17:45

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine

I'm pretty fussy about seafood, too. Funny, because I LOVE sushi of just about any kind - salmon, eel, crab, you name it - but everything else, I find "blah", "too expensive" or both. I'd rather spend the same amount of money on beef and a bottle of DHA/EPA fish oil supplement.

I find regular fish to be a vehicle for sauces. Whether it be garlic butter for shrimp scampi or a creamy Dijon for other types of fish, that’s what fish is for. Rarely do I eat plain fish without a sauce. And I am with you on all types of sushi!

Lojax - she is is a style of preparation in my opinion. Even cooked counts as sushi. In my opinion.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-20, 06:45
Think, then Eat.

BF:

Goood Morning! Just a quick update since I'm buried with work and home stuff.

Things have been going well so far. No fish or seafood for me over the weekend.

Been a crazy weekend and this week will be too. I wrote a bit more in my journal, but we have an accepted offer on a house, so we will be trying to close on that in the next 5 weeks, which will make the already busy time with work being crazy as well as the holidays, be even more busy. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

But, food and everything in on track and no plans of going anywhere. Even yesterday when we were doing papers and signing stuff, we didn't have stuff planned, but I just ate some deli meat and cheese slices. Nothing wrong with that instead of a meal when you are busy.

So, onward we go! Onward and Downward!

X = Stayed on track
O = Off track

TWTFSSM
-----------
XXXXXXX (11/24-11/30)
XXXXXXX (12/01-12/07)
XXXXXX (12/08-12/14)
(12/15-12/21)
(12/22-12/28)
(12/29-01/04)
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Dec-14-20, 07:32

BF:

Congrats on your house offer! but yikes, you got busy times ahead of you for sure!

Another one bites the dust, and another day down, and another day down, another one bites the dust Hey.....ticking off Dec in fine form and holding zc plan well.
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-20, 03:06
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi all. Hope everyone's well. I only have 4 more days of work until I'm off for a few weeks. So far, no chatter of a last-day "party" (if you want to call it that... 4 people? )
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-20, 08:32
Think, then Eat.

BF:

Hey all! Things are crazy here, but sticking to plan. Tomorrow is the inspection of the house, so we will see how that goes.

Last night we ordered wings instead of making the pork chops and this thread helped keep my on track. I ordered some garlic parmesan and lemon pepper wings, which I enjoy, but my wife ordered some Asian Zing, which I LOVE. She had about 5 left and I was going to eat them, but when I calculated the carbs, it wasn't worth it. I did eat two, but didn't touch the rest and was able to keep my carb count under 20 for the day. This thread helped keep me on track.

Overall, today is coffee w/H&H for breakfast, leftover lemon pepper wings for lunch, and pork chops w/green beans for dinner.

Staying on plan and no reason to deviate today.

X = Stayed on track
O = Off track

TWTFSSM
-----------
XXXXXXX (11/24-11/30)
XXXXXXX (12/01-12/07)
XXXXXXX (12/08-12/14)
(12/15-12/21)
(12/22-12/28)
(12/29-01/04)

This also puts us 1/2 way through the holiday season, according to my attempt at tracking. Way to go everyone!!
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-20, 08:56
Doing My Best

I'm still here, still eating On Plan.
Sitting on the "boredom" train. This seat can be dangerous for me. I start thinking of using recipes rather than eating simply. The more veg I add, the harder it is for me to stay in deep ketosis. I'm changing trains. Don't worry.
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Dec-15-20, 18:48

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Glad to read that you are changing trains Glenda. You are wise to recognize you have boarded the boredom train. Kudos!
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Dec-16-20, 05:24
Think, then Eat.

BF:

Hey Glenda! I hear you about the boredom train. That's why I keep cooking and trying new recipes. I'm sure I will get tired and just want to simplify, and at that point, I can do that. But if I don't stay interested, my mind starts to wander and I start sampling things I shouldn't be sampling.

Welcome to the Holiday Help thread, Gypsybyrd!

Today will be the first time in a while where I don't know what I'm doing. Well, I guess that's more often than I want, but I'm talking specifically about food. No food plan for the day. Coffee w/HWC is breakfast. Lunch will be out and about due to the home inspection. I do have deli meat and cheese here that I can eat when I get back from the inspection. I also have a pork tenderloin that I may figure out what to do with for dinner, but not really feeling like cooking that tonight, so who knows?

That said, there are no plans to go off plan. I'm in a good spot right now and, although not planning my meal for a day is rare, we do have to do that sometimes. So, I'll see what happens, but it WILL be on plan.

X = Stayed on track
O = Off track

TWTFSSM
-----------
XXXXXXX (11/24-11/30)
XXXXXXX (12/01-12/07)
XXXXXXX (12/08-12/14)
X (12/15-12/21)
(12/22-12/28)
(12/29-01/04)