Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jan-10-20, 07:59

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- See, you are a beast! Out running in 27 degree weather!! GO GIRL!

I love chicken piccata. SO good! And capers pretty much keep forever.

Enjoy your yoga class today!

Jaz- Pretty basic for the chicken enchiladas. I just wing it (pun intended.) Coated b/s chicken thighs in homemade taco seasoning and put them in the IP, then shredded. Added in some enchilada sauce, ~half a cup, and stirred it up. Put a quarter cup of sauce into a baking pan (~9x13) on the bottom. Then I dry heated each tortilla on a skillet for a few seconds, then filled with chicken mixture, about 2-3 TB each. Added shredded cheddar in each, maybe 1.5 TB. Roll up each enchilada, then spin each one in the sauce on the bottom of the baking pan before leaving it seam side down. Top all six with a total of about a quarter cup of sauce or less, add a sprinkling of cheese and bake. I did 350º in a convection toaster oven for 25 minutes.

I used half a can of enchilada sauce between 6 enchiladas, so that is about 3-4 carbs per enchilada of sauce. Mission LC tortillas, each is 70 cals and 6 carbs. I had one enchilada for dinner. About ten carbs. 10 very delicious carbs! This would also be super yummy served with shredded lettuce and tomato over it. I didn't think of that last night!

Sweet that your Mom is missing you. I bet your DD and grands are too.

Trig- Butcher box is excellent for good quality meats but also very expensive. It could work well if you are the only one eating from it but it would get expensive for a family, I think. Check out Youtube for unboxing videos and reviews, also discount codes you can use for your first order.

I would tell my son that, because it makes sense to you and me and pretty much anyone else, but I have to wait him out a bit first. You know? He won't be receptive to it yet. He needs his full 'butthurt window.'

YAAAAY for being down a pound! Excellent!

Blue- I hope you are having a wonderful time with that lovely Sonny of yours!

•••••••••••

I tell ya, this is like the most Non-Winter winter! Temps will be nice and warm this weekend.

All is well here. Enjoyed my Barre and Balance class yesterday. We used resistance bands and also did some other work that definitely had me feeling it a bit. Then I did the elliptical for 20 minutes.

Packed another box of stuff to go from the house and the Family Room is finished. Moving on the Living Room today.

It was interesting, a guy came by yesterday to bring me some boxes. He is retired so he came in to visit for a bit. Oddly, turns out he is the same guy we bought the Ford Fusion from a year and a half ago. We had a laugh about that! Anyway, we were talking about downsizing (he and his wife did some time ago) and decluttering. He was telling me about this great storage system they worked out down in the basement with all these shelves on casters, and bins on the shelves, and you can roll the shelves to get to the different sets of bins etc. He went on to say that they have one child and "for everything they've done for him, he can come and clean it all out when they die. He can throw it all out for all we care!"

I was just thinking, if your son can throw it all out, then why don't you just throw it out? Why have him come and have to do that in the midst of his grief, take time off work or have to hire someone to come and auction it off? But anyway, maybe there isn't much stuff. I don't know. I know that having a Mom who is truly a hoarder and what my brother and I are going to have to face makes me certain I do not want to do that to my kids. It will probably take a year for us to get things emptied out of her condo, repairs done etc. And long distance too. Ugh. I dread it already.

In similar news, I signed up for a 12 week online class called "uncluttered" which also includes a lifetime membership to all the materials etc. One thing that really struck me as funny is that you could get 25% off the course by using the code in the back of his book. But only the hardback book, the code is not in the Kindle book. Well, I'm not buying the book. One, because I am trying to declutter, not add stuff and two, what's in the book will be in the online course, which I can access anytime after buying it. So, I got the book out of the library, put in the code and I am good to go.

DS21 and I are going out to lunch with his GF and her Mom today at 11:30. We are going to the Mediterranean kebab place so YUM and YES PLEASE. I will have plenty to bring home for leftovers as well. I usually get 2-3 meals out of one there.

So, today's plan is lunch out, at least one box of donation from the LR, and a walk. I can do that!

OH! AND. I need to figure out how to get this Ooma phone set up that arrived yesterday. Once I do that, we will be able to cut the landline. So we will cut cable and landline. I may also call my friend's husband and ask him about what kind of modem/router to buy so we can also use our own for that. Cord cutting in process!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 06:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, lol, yea you kid won't accept that probably but might give him something to think about. A whole cast makes up the play and the best people get suited to play their best part and so on....hey worth a try HAHA

oh you heard of butcher box. I never did til I saw the commercial. yea I figured super expensive. gonna go take a look at it, thanks for the idea of using youtube for unboxing etc. I like seeing that if I wanna buy something. cool

A declutter class? never heard of that either but 12 week course...shouldn't that be like a 6 week course only....unclutter 6 of those weeks from your time?? haha see what I did there

cut the landline. oh so wanna do that but without a phone yet for me, can't do it but I am walking straight toward that when I do get my phone....which is sooner than later now the older the kid gets. Very cool!!

hey all....up at 4 am
MIL called. Trip to ER.
hubby took off and now he is coming back. He called. Pancreatis...no clue how to spell that. On bland diet, pain meds. Apparently it is very painful and driving her bonkers. But with meds now and bland diet she just has to heal thru it all.

so that phone call at 4.....the 'who died' call it always feels like to me so early......got me up.

So he called and said he is on the way home now. Got done fast in ER and has her home and waiting to see him in a bit.

Not sure day. Rainy, icky, misty, cloudy, icky icky icky day

Kinda tired still. Might be a boring tv do nothing at all type day here.

will see what goes down

over and out
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 07:39

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- Sorry to her your MIL has Pancreatitis. It is a painful thing!!!! Is she a drinker? But she is a diabetic to right? Sighhhhhhh.... Yea ya gotta just let the future take it course and stay out of it. Sounds like your husband has this handled!
Awesome your mom however at 92 is spry and healthy!!!!!- Knock on wood!

OMG funny about the Pork Chop thinking you toss all his stuff! - Men are the worst about letting crap go. I used to haul CRAP CRAP out to the curb for trash. The ex would come home early and see what I was tossing.......... HAHAHAHAHAH-

YEAH on another pound down and through the holiday too boot!!! YOU GO!!!!!! Hey a pound is a frekin pound!!!!!

NIC- Your dinner sounds so so good! I have seen those LC wraps. Not a fan of the flour. I used some called BEFREE- that was gluten, flour free. Made from sprouts. But I can't find it here. So note to self. Next assignment take some with me!

WHAT?????? IS A DECLUTTER class????? HAHAHAHAHAH- OMG I want that job. Who teaches a declutter class? Isn't it easy? YA just look at something if you use it keep it- if not it goes......That is funny.

It is warm here too!!!! I am going to get out!!! Have fun at your Greek lunch!!!!!- I love lamb meat too- just watch out for MSG- it some of it! We are having the same warm wonderful weekend!

LORI- You are in my weather pattern as well- we are supposed to get rain too- only much later and spotty. Are you ready for this- going to be 70 here!!!! Totally excited! I hope it is nice when you are here!
Has the yoga class thinned out?
Hey when do you start your part time gig?

Blue- Hey! Hope you are having a grand time with the DS! Can't wait to hear of your adventures. Are you received yet from all your parties?
---------------------------------------------------------
So I am VERY excited. I went to bed again about 9 last night and just really got good rest and woke up feeling back to self and strong!
Today is supposed to be close to 70 and on and off sun- spotty showers later today and tomorrow.

Perfect day for a Board Walk / beach walk! Not only that I want to explore the light house at the State park about 5 miles away. I will get back with the name. But today I am getting out and exploring!

Then I am going to a nice birthday dinner! So my birthday is in the middle of next week. So I have bookend week-end around it! So I get to Celebrate BOTH weekends, andI intend to!

So dinner is a fish and steak house. I am going to check out Chesapeake & Maine for dinner. They are the owners of Doghead brewing co. They bought the place next door and made a high end fun fish and steak joint. Check out their website- menu! Chesapeake & Maine.com

I am pretty excited about the weather and getting out. Last two weekends I pretty much hung in. So this is great. Going to Cape Henolopen State park first. Then I will come back here, bring Bella back and change for dinner.

Have a great day! Can't wait to share my day!
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 08:12

BF:

Good morning, all!

Trig you and Jaz are two peas in a pod about this declutter class! Being minimalists comes easily for the two of you. While I'm not a clutter hound, there is definitely accumulation from being in the same house since 2003 with a family! This will be a good way for me to approach it in a guided, supported way without being stressed. At least, that's the hope!

It's actually sort of freaking DS21 out. He keeps saying that he can't imagine just the two of us in this big house with it emptied out. I assured him that wouldn't be the case and that ultimately we will be downsizing so this is just preparation toward that eventuality.

We are keeping the landline but taking it away from the phone company and using a VOIP. I definitely like having a second phone number that I can use so that I don't have to give my cell number out to companies for deliveries and such. I try to keep that for personal calls only.

YIKES for MIL. I have heard pancreatitis is painful. I hope she heals quickly. What a rude way to wake up!

Jaz- Your day sounds really great. I hope you have a wonderful time!

•••••••••

DS18 has been a pill the last few days. Ugh! I've been spoiled by some really nice months with him. This too will pass, and if not, well, his butt will be gone from my house anyway!

I made a goal list for 2020 with a wide variety of things on it. It is called a "Happier List"- things that you want to do that will make you happier.. either things you enjoy or things that you need to get done and you know that when you do, you will be happy that you did it, or it will take it off your mind. I'm going to post it in my room where I can see it often.

Today I'm going to pay bills, get a few things from the store and choose a new recipe or two to try this week. One of my Happier goals is to find a few new recipes to add to my Low Carb Meal rotation. Then it will be football this afternoon and this evening, with my Ravens playing tonight in their first playoff game. YIKES I'm nervous!
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 09:19

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I was up early as usual and have puttered the morning away. We use Dish for our TV and they are in a dispute with CBS so the Ravens game will not be on....and one of the games tomorrow too. DH is pi$$ed. I have spent the morning getting a free trial of YouTube TV so I can stream the game on my laptop for him. We don't have a smart tv, so can't get it on there from my PC...or whatever. I hooked up my old laptop and can get it to work, but the sound is stuttery and horrible. Not sure what else to try. Still playing with it.

I've done a couple loads of laundry this morning too and will get out for a walk and/or run later. This technology crap just makes me nuts. It's all I can think about until I figure it out or give up. ARGHHHH!!!!

Jaz.....hope you have a wonderful day! It sure sounds perfect to me. You deserve some nice weather and time to explore. Nothing like a birthday with 2 weekends to celebrate! YAY! Can't wait for your report at the end of the day.

Yes, Yoga classes have thinned out a bit. Thank goodness! On the part-time job..still waiting for the phone call. I'm in no hurry and I appreciate that the director is trying to clear up some of the mess before getting me involved.

Trig....sorry to hear about MIL. A phone call at 4AM....yeah, that'll get you up in a hurry! Hope meds will get her feeling better soon.

Nic.....so the smooth sailing with DS18 has come to a screeching halt, huh? You knew it was too good to last. He'll work thru what is bothering him and be your sweet boy again one of these days.

--------

Ok....dryer is chiming and I need to finish up my chores. Then I need to try to figure out the sound issue on the laptop for DH. Ugh.

Later!
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 14:46

BF:

Got a 45 minute walk/run in. 61 degrees! Can you believe it? On Thursday it was 27 degrees when I ran! One more day near 60 then down to the 40's....still not bad. I guess we may have some nasty storms overnight. Hope not.

Hope it's been a good Saturday!
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 15:11

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
Morning all-

Meme- You know maybe you your thinking of the trip I took to Folly before I met the girls in Charleston. There on Folly bear there was a bar with a live cam. I think I wrote to the girls that I told my mom to watch on the live cm on folly beach at a certain time. Well I was at that bar and turned around and waved and help up a napkin that said HI MOM! I am pulling that from the recesses of my brain!
That was really cool. I really loved that trip. I took full advantage of a few days beach side before the rest of the gang showed up!

Stick around Meme- Are you still doing LC? You should share your story for us "newbies" HAHAHAHAH

Yes Jaz, that must be it. It was a year ago so I had part of it right anyway
Yes I am 100% low carb!
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-20, 18:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

I just lost another post I spent some time on. This computer is now so buggy it's hard to use for anything but necessities. So between that and son being here I'm going to just say hi, love y'all, keeping up w/posts, and really itchy to respond---but just can't copy/paste after every sentence to assure I don't lose it.

Son leaving Tuesday---coming up so fast now. We are having a cozy fun time. First order of business when he leaves is to get new laptop. Will be back early to mid next week. Thinking there's a mighty loooooooooong post that's building up in me, LOL.
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 04:26

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue......ARGHHHHH! Not another lost post?! How frustrating! I look forward to your first long post on your new laptop. I've been missing you! Glad you're having a nice visit with your son. Tuesday is coming up quickly....enjoy every day.

Jaz.....looking forward to hearing about your day yesterday. It must have been a good one since we didn't hear from you last night!

Trig....hope MIL is doing better today.

Nic....Well, the Ravens had a rough night. I figured out Youtube TV so DH watched on my big, old laptop and I watched on my little Chromebook. I'll cancel the Youtube TV before they charge me the first $50. I got a 2 week free trial. It even has a DVR function, so we will watch the 2nd half of the game this morning. (I peeked at the score this morning)
------
We had some heavy rain early this morning and it is SO warm out. It felt almost tropical when I let the cat out a few minutes ago. It sure was nice to run in a light tee shirt yesterday instead of bundling up......in January!

Today there is a yoga class at 10:15 that I may go to. I also want to go for a walk to get a cappuccino at the little shop uptown. I found out that they are closing next week. Evidently they are having a dispute with the landlord over some renovations that they want/need to do. They plan to reopen when they can, possibly at a different location.

Enjoy your day!
  #85   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 05:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

So phone call at 4am but hubby was in the living room asleep on the couch from watching tv and he got the call and didn't wake me. His mom thought it was 4 in the afternoon.....she called to say she was puking again and did she need to take a nausea pill?

oh boy

then I got up at 5 am and saw he wasn't in bed.....went out to get him into bed and off the couch.....he told me all and I said we will call her in a little while and check on her, cause she is probably now sleeping, and he was just ready to hit the hay when his mom called at like 5:15.

Her ankles and feet are swelling again. She is puking. She is sick and in pain. Mess totally.

So off he is taking her to the ER again right now.

Will call him in a while and see what is doing.

It sucks when someone feels so bad they don't know what to do ya know.....you can't help them truly......but also with her diabetes and bad eating and her other med troubles and ALL THE PILLS she is on I absolutely see this all coming down on her now.

and this is why I eat for better health. No joke....not saying in any way none of us are gonna have bad health when older, can happen to any at all times......but she never 1 day since being diagnosed with 'treatable with menu' prediabetes did she ever take 1 step to help herself. And she was given the help from many of us.

So now I see the circulation troubles happening. Her legs swelling etc. And she now has 'gout' in her big toes? ugh. again I think it is circulation associated with vein collapse and more but they called it gout and threw her on gout meds. Yea more pills.

So just ranting a bit. Just in that big sigh zone. You hate to see someone sick, get ticked cause they could help themselves a bit but won't do it and then ya hope they can get help truly from the hosp. to take them out of pain but.....ugh....it is what it is.....we just get thru and support and do what we can.

AND what irks me....a while ago we cleared her kitchen a bit.
When we left the side sink was empty, the sink was cleared, the bigger counterspace along the kitchen was totally empty! The boxes of 'OLD damn veggies she canned like 10 yrs' ago was cleared from her floor space and we opened up about 75% of her kitchen table to use.

I haven't been in her home since then. I can't stand to go in there truly.

I took her food yesterday from shopping cause of her bland diet and every bit of things we fixed and cleaned.....FILLED right back up. I had absolutely no where to put the food down. No useable counter space and I damn near tripped over a 'NEW stack of old canned veg' crates...where the hell did they come from?

omg the hoard. OK I said way too much here but leaving this post cause this is what life is for some. No use hiding it or pretending it isn't this way. Sad, so very sad.

over and out
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 10:43

BF:

No check in yet from Jaz from her day exploring yesterday?? I hope it was a good day Jaz and that you are fine and just resting in late. I am a wee bit worried!

It was a sad day in Baltimore yesterday. The Ravens, after having an incredible 14-2 season and being the first seed in the playoffs, just had an absolutely off day yesterday. The team who showed up was not even recognizable as this year's team. It was just a complete fail all the way around, we were totally outplayed in every way and earned our loss. So, we are out and our season is over. Such a bummer but especially so to go out that way. If we had played well and lost, it would be one thing.. but what was that?!

Anyway, working today from 9-1 and not much is going on here. Super quiet, as expected. I'm about to eat my first meal of the day now, at 11:30.

Blue, so disappointed that your posts are disappearing. We love to hear from you and your juicy, thoughtful posts. I'll be glad when you have your new computer!

Lori, how disappointing about your newly discovered cappuccino shop. Hopefully they open up nearby really soon. I hope your yoga class is good! This warm weather is truly bizarre and a bit disconcerting.

Trig, oh Girl, you have no idea how much I can relate to your MIL and your description of her kitchen. You know my Mom has very very big issues with this and I find her house unbearable. It is, among other things, completely visually disconcerting, unsafe and unnavigable and unusable. It's a mental illness.

Hugs to everyone. Keeping it relatively short with being at work. Will check in to see if Jaz posted later on.
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 12:02

BF:

Good Morning ladies...... oh wait..... it's 12:45!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH
I'm HERE and slept in until 10:00. So it is STILL morning to me!

Trig- I am so sorry you are dealing with all that MIL crap. It also sounds like CHF me as well, and the pancreatitis Whoa! Is she on Oxygen? Sounds like they should admit her and get some meds straightened out.
Your poor hubby- but so sweet of him to care for his mom! I hear ya on the cramped space you needing to weed stuff out! I would hate that! Sigh......... I get it.... sounds like your hubby might need to be thinking about some care in the home? Something to think about, it doesn't sound like this is going to get better!

Hang tough my friend! - On another note, you are doing so well WOE! though of you when I pulled out the crab legs today!

NIC- I'm HERE!!!!!!!- LATER SLEEPER. I was sitting sipping coffee this morning 1030 HAHAH. anyway mom called to say hi. Anyway she said she was up late light night watching the Ravens getting their butt kicked. OH NO..... Poor NIC is going to hate that! Sorry!!!!

Oh you have a cranky teenager???????? I have never heard of such a thing!! HAHAHAH- Yeah well so grow up slower then others, and then they go back and forth!!! It still happens even as adults I hate to tell you.

Lori- Ahhhhhh you sweetie pie. I am fine. Nothing happened here other than the grass grows. This place is well so secluded, and safe, and just nice. I have gotten lazy with even locking my car. People here are the locals right now, and most are older and well it's just a small town. There are only 4 of us living in this 13 unit building. DESOLATE.
I am glad you too are enjoying the awesome weather!!!!!!It's SWEET!!!!!!

Blue- Hey, I thought you were going to get a different computer around Christmas time. I know they are $$$$ Have you thought about getting a second hand one from a pawn shop? Just a thought. They wipe them clean and you get them for a 1/3 of the cost of a new one. Just an idea!
Hope you are having a great time with the DS!

MEME-- Yup- good memory! Stop in and tell us your story!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
So yesterday was a fun fun day. I started off with plans and ended up doing something else, just as fun.
So I was able to get beach/ Boardwalk in! It was totally fun. Lots of walking.
then on my way to the state part I came across some high end thrift stores. So I sopped because there are no casserole dishes here. Nothing to use to cook a pot roast, chicken, whatever. So I found a super nice red fluted one for 3.00 and 2 really sweet large red coffee mugs 50 cents, and a wine glass 1.00! Then I got 1.00 off for being a nurse, if you show a medical badge you get $$ off. I walked out for 4.00!!! I will leave it for the next guest. But I need it while I am here.

Then after that I stopped and window showed all the little shops and got lost in that. Next thing I know it was close to 6pm. The day just flutter away and I had such a great time.
But I then didn't feel like coming back, changing, and going out and eating at 7 or later. So I picked up crab cakes (again) at the fish deli, and some coleslaw and came back here and watched some HGTV and walked Bella some and went to bed.

Treated myself to a long sleep in, hot bubble bath and walk this morning. It has been NICE.
I also have the patio door open wide for fresh air- it's upper 60's here still, and no wind. Just nice fresh air. The patio has a screens- so I just leave it open.

Stripped the bedding and it is spinning now. I will cook up a few things for the up coming week.
I have crab legs for tonight, and will make a meatloaf for tomorrow, and make steak for a steak salad. So prepping for next week. I have another load of laundry to toss in and will do a bit of this and that.

Just a relaxed day here. A walk on tap later this afternoon. So just a truly nice weekend. I am going to save my night out for next weekend!

Back later!!!!
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 12:39

BF:

Glad you checked in Jaz and that you had a nice day yesterday. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. Out and about a bit and then lots of just puttering around the house.

I just got back from my 2.5 mile walk. I did Yoga this morning....good grief it was a tough class. This instructor did lots of challenging ab stuff. OY! As soon as I got home from that I changed and set out on my walk. I stopped at the coffee shop at the halfway point and had a nice, little lunch complete with cappuccino.

Now I'm going to hit the shower and get ready to watch yet more football. I don't think I'll be eating anything else today, but will have to make something quick for DH. I'm ready for a night off cooking!

Enjoy the afternoon!
  #89   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-20, 17:06

BF:

Today was another amazing day! High was 73 and just perfect. I got in two awesome walks with the Bella boo....... She was loving it. SO SO many people were out and about. Saw people in shorts..... Are you kidding!!!!!!???- It was great, but not shorts weather- although I was in flip flops! HAHAHAH.......

I know it doesn't sound possible- but I am sick of crab. I just can't fathom I wanted meatloaf over crab.

Today was great day. Loved getting fresh air, walks, good food. I know why I am here. To recoup from my last position and get a new refresh look on possibilities. The crap I had to go through this last year took a huge ............. moved on...... moving on!
This took a few weeks to adjust..... I am adjusted. I am happy I am here.

Ok...... Loved the warm air in today....... Gotta make the bed... and crawl into bed and cuddle up.

I don't want today to end....... not ready for another work day....

Nite ladies

PS...... Few hours later.......
I have my AC on- it was 74 in here, to hot to sleep!
New book in have, fresh bedding- fresh soft, TV soft, dog at feet and it's 8 and snuggling in bed to read for a bit!!!!
Veggie soup cooling in fridge for this week- meat loaf, all cooling, shrimp ready to go.
Feeling cozy and content........5 more days until more time to relax.....tired just 8.... up by 530 though.....

nite

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Jan-12-20 at 18:47.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 05:12

BF:

Good Morning Morning- Feeling rested and ready to concur this week! One more week in, one more $ to my nest egg/ bills. Works.

Lori- I am surprised I posted before you and TRIGHAHA. did you get out and enjoy your weather this last weekend?
What does your week look like? How is Miss Beatty?
I forgot when your trip is- coming up I know! Plus you are flying! Good choice! Do you fly out of Pittsburg, Philly?

NIC- sorry about them Ravens!! They are even talking about that game here! I don't think DE even has a team do they? Seeing as they call this place DELMARVA- I think they cheer for MD and VA.
Did you take advantage of this awesome weather! I had to turn on the AC last night. It got up to 75 in the condo. Being on the top floor heat rises and it stays a nice even temp. I keep it at a flat 67. It doesn't feel cold to me either! You might want a sweatshirt!!! HAHAHA.

Trig- How is it going? I know you are itchy for Spring! It's coming! 9 weeks to go! The count is on!!!!! I know that because my departure coincides with Spring! Not that I am counting or anything! HAHAHAH
Had meatloaf last night! So good. Been a minute since I have made it. Used pork rinds and egg as binder. Very yummy.

Blue- Do you know what kind of laptop you are getting? I have always found a learning curve with new laptops! Getting the kinks worked out.
OMG- do you all remember when I switched from a Microsoft- to Apple! I HATED it! Now I won't go back! HAHAH......
Have a great day with your DS. When is his flight? Maybe he can help you pick a laptop!
Can't wait to get you up and "working" again!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Another work week down. I had a good weekend! they are so short!
You are right TRIG- next assignment I am going to write in a few days off!

My daughter however is not so happy I am traveling. She sorta had a meltdown over the weekend. "Why did I MOVE away". I had to assure her I didn't MOVE- I am on assignment. No different than tons of people who have to travel for their jobs.
She is going through some stuff right now. It isn't that we got together all the time as the fact IF she needed me I was within reach. More of a safety net issue. I get it. But she is going to need to put on big girl panties and women up. This is what momma needs to do right now.

Speaking of traveling. I was looking at what might be next. The average time is 6 weeks out from next gig. So I need to start thinking about that. I want a couple of weeks between assignments. My requiter however wants me to start a week earlier in March. NO CAN DO. I won't even get home until March 17th. It's a 2 day drive. So no I am not turning around a week later and leaving. I can do the first week of April and not a day before. I am figuring April/ May/ June..... then off... Aug/ Sept/ Oct. Unless something else presents itself! Both are good options.

So I work in a facility that has 5 floors. That means 5 flights of steps.
Goal for today- take the flight from top to bottom and back- one set. Walk 30 minutes today. I have already gotten 10 minutes in of my walk.

Ok going to get dressed and face "the man".......... - need to play a lotto ticket.