Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-20, 20:37

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Quick one for me tonight. Sheesh, we had another party. Plus I have a BC colleague New Year's party for lunch tomorrow, and another one on Sunday night.

Jaz calls me the party "animal" but honestly, while I enjoy a nice party now and then, I'm really not up to all this. The folks in our building however, ARE party animals. 6, count 'em, holiday parties w/folks here this year, not including the big one for all three buildings. And that's plus all our other friends and family and their parties.

I tell ya, I am SO MAXED out socially. Hubby had to drag me tonight, and have to admit it couldn't be easier to get there, but still one has to comb one's hair. I didn't want to do a thing. It was very nice once we got there.

Planned for this to my first day back on plan. Did great till the party. Didn't go hog wild, but had a few things I shouldn't of. Still, not stuffed like other holiday events. Oh man, I gotta get myself together on this, but I really need like a week or so w/NO distractions to get myself deep enough into it to have that investment that motivates one.

Off to book and bed, back tomorrow I hope w/personals.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-20, 04:34

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue.....you're still partying?? I'm sure you're ready for a quiet evening at home. I know I would be! Once things settle down, you will embrace LC once again and get back in the groove. I've yet to get myself in hand. I had one good DD this week and then went off the rails yesterday. Sigh.....trying again today.

Jaz.....I know you like being busy at work, but sounds like you've been going full out lately! I hope things settle down next week as you get back to full staff. I know you're looking forward to the weekend and possibly a jammie day. We're having rain here today and tomorrow....what does your weekend weather look like?

Our daughter in law works in the heart cath lab at our local hospital and she said they always have 3 or 4 travel nurses working there. Funny, I never knew there was such a thing until you talked about doing it.

Nic...just love DH's new car! I hope he's enjoying it to the max. I've lost track of what your kids are up to. Is DS21 still here? Is he going back to Europe, or is he finished with that part of his education for now?

Trig.....sorry Myrtle wasn't all that you hoped it would be. Seems odd that things were closing up early on NY's eve!
-----
I was SO tired all day yesterday...it is just a blur. That waking up at 2:30AM really messed me up. Last evening we went to our son's house to exchange xmas gifts, so got that done. We had a nice time. His wife is such a sweetie.

On the way home DH got a text from the woman who has rented an apartment in Betty's big house.....she was locked out. So....we had to go to meet her and get the keys sorted out so she can come and go. Evidently, Betty had given her the wrong key to the big front door. That house has SO many doors into the different areas with so many keys, it's no wonder she got confused! The only door that is ever locked is the big front door, but you should see the box of keys that Betty has!

Anyway, we got home about 8:30 and I was not up much beyond that time. I slept well until 4:15 this morning when DH's phone went off. It only rang a short time and then whoever it was hung up. It was a number we didn't recognize, so they must have realized that they dialed wrong. So....that wakes you up and then there was no more sleep in me.

I was hoping to get out for a run this morning, but it is raining. If there's a break in the rain, I may pop out for 1/2 hour or so. There's a Yoga class at 11 that I'd like to go to. The new schedule of classes came out yesterday and there are SO MANY to choose from. The gym will be extra crowded this month as all the NY's resolution people flock in.

Happy Friday!
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-20, 05:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori- I am RIGHT there with you in the TIRED dept! Exhausted!!!!!!
OMG- It should laugh at Betty's BOX OF KEYS!!!!- Gosh I remember my grandparents had SO many keys I never understood it!!!!- I have 3. Car, house, Mailbox.

It's raining and windy here too! I think you ,me and Nic are in the same weather pattern!
Yup- your classes with be crowed with the wanna be's !!!!!! HAHAHAH- give it a few weeks!

Party Animal- BLUE- HAHAH- yup talking about you! HAHA. I would get partied out too. There is truly only so much I can take of all that before I am done. However, I know you don't want to offend anybody. I get it. So are you done for awhile?
Party's almost aways derail me WOE wise as well. I get little bits of this and that and before you know it- bam.
Loved the upside down tree pic! It is as lovely as you described it!

What on you agenda for the weekend? Hopefully some down time!

NIC- - loved your phrase you DS used last year "Head down, focus". Yup- that is pretty close to where I am- "slow down and be intentional".
What does your weekend look like. sounds like you are getting back to your normal routine. That is comforting in a way.
We all need a time out! You have hit the ground running since you have left for Amsterdam!!!!!

Trig- Have you had your steak yet? Is the kiddo back to school too? You should be getting back to routine as well. I feel ya on watching everyone else eat and you get crappy food! Urghhhh...
Oh well you are home now. It's a new year and I have NO doubt this is your year too!!!!!
You are rocking the weight loss!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have been TIRED this week. I get up at 530 and hit the ground running until about 5pm- and then collapse into a wet rag by ht nights end!
Next week schedule looks better - better staffing! I was hoping to get out and about tomorrow afternoon. Supposed to rain tomorrow- then cool and sunshine Sunday. Hummmmmm

Food has been on point believe it or not. I did a tumeric warm coconut milk before bed last night. I had a headache and felt a bit off. It worked. I feel like whatever was going on I have kicked- knocking on wood. Everyone is sick at work too! It's that time! I have been hand washing like crazy!

Ok- gotta run- just 8 more hours!!!!

#19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-20, 07:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- Man, what the heck?? A NYE party in town and festivities but they are all over before midnight? That is bizarre and disappointing too!

I sort of agree with you as far as eating out LC. Sometimes it works well and is delicious but other times it is super aggravating, just to get the basic things that you are already cook at home, just double or triple the price!

Chillax is a good word for you!

Jaz- Hope you continue to feel a bit better and don't end up getting sick. The weekend and some rest will be just right for you, I bet. I'm sure you are still exhausted. You've been working on the holidays and everything.

Blue- Girl, I can only imagine how maxed out you are socially. I would not have been able to do what you have been doing. I try to space out parties and such as much as I can!

Lori: as far as my kids, DS21 is finished with his Europe stint. He goes back to college later on in January for the second half of his Jr year. Then this summer he works in NYC. DS18 is in the second half of his Sr year of high school.

Rainy and gray here too. Not sure what the temp is yet though.

••••••••

Out on the earlier side for me today- I'll be in the car by 9 AM headed out for a CASA visit, then stopping at Costco and the store before coming home. DH and I are both on the LC bandwagon now.

During my drive to my CASA visit I will be calling the friend of a friend (so, someone I don't know) who wants to talk with me about CASA. You guys know I hate talking on the phone, so I set it up to talk to her on my drive to my visit. That way I am 1) doing something else at the same time and 2) it is self limiting to about 20 minutes!

I had a great day yesterday, super productive. Lots of cleaning, lots of decluttering. Just wanted a nice, fresh start to the new year. Feeling very good about it!

Besides my trip to see Jaz, very little travel happening over the next 3 months. Possibly NYC in March, we'll see if the conference for breastfeeding goes through with enrollment or not. Otherwise nothing until early April! Then summer travel is busy, and then as far as I can think of there is nothing scheduled for the rest of 2020, unless I hit up one of my remaining states toward my 50 by 55 goal. Unusual for us.

For 2021, Dh and I will likely be traveling to Alaska. A Bucket List item for both of us and we were waiting to the kids to all be off on their own. That will be sometime between May and Sept of 2021. Far away but will actually start planning/booking now. We'll do a Land trip /Sea cruise. I will definitely use a travel agent for this because there is so much I don't know.

Dh isn't feeling well this morning. I hope he isn't sick.

Hugs!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-20, 07:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue, another party? And you had to comb your hair? HAHA you had me laughing. Yea there is that point when you can't take it anymore. You want quiet time. No people time. You are right there!! Luckily I have it now. And I am waiting for kid to go back to school even!! I want my house all to me, me and only me.

Lori I am like you. I don't need a lot of sleep truly but I need it consistent and I need the full 5-6 hrs. If anything messes that up I get thrown off very bad on sleep just like you!! Since I farmed and up so early all the time with the livestock and more.....any noise that opens my eyes, I am up. I am not a 'go back to sleep' person once my eyes open wide.....so me and you sure got that in common. Hope you can catch a yoga class....and yea your gym might be packed with resolutioners!! ugh LOL

Jaz, yea with more staffing you will be back to a normal day for ya! I know you are waiting for that but your paycheck will be SO sweet with all that OT money ya worked! Your countdown kicks in and your time will just fly by and a new gig in your future. Hell I can't wait to see where ya go next HA
Glad your food is on point and you are feeling better with whatever sick is going around!!

Nicco...hope your DH is going down with something. So far we don't have anything going around but once my kid goes back to school? All bets are off HAHA

Yea Broadway at the Beach is very kiddy. When we got there at 8 there was a boatload of little kids, that 5-6-7-8 age. All on the rides and having a good time. After the fireworks at 8 the place emptied out to like 1/3 of the crowd...lol...I swear it wasn't like that last time. But the 'party area' of bars in one spot wasn't even hopping with the party people? I don't know what went down this New Years here but we are finding a new spot to party out next year. Savannah was tops on party time on the Riverfront. We are thinking maybe next year but I am gonna check some new places also.

Alaska. AHH we are doing it too. When we get kid settled in college that is our 'start the drive with the RV' pointed toward Alaska. We are gonna take our sweet azz time getting there, stay there and enjoy' and then come to hit the entire coast line by wheels. Nice dream, hope I don't croak before it all goes down

Glad you had a nice fresh start to the new year. Sounds like you are gonna rock out 2020!!

HI ALL
quiet. hubby left to drive some cars for work around 5 am. I got up and just chilling out. Kid sleeping of course. Got to get her changed back to normal sleep times etc. She is staying up all night and sleeping til like 4-5 in the afternoon LOL That has to be flipped for sure before Mon. and school.

Not much to do today. Put away some leftover Xmas crap and tidy up.
Bit of this and that.

On plan perfect. Holding well. NOW I AM GEARING totally at the scale. I am on the friggin' attack point blank. I will do some tricks/tips/manipulation of my food to make the scale work for me! Oh hell yea, I am in this to hit goal. My eye is on goal number. I will keep ya all informed how this goes down HAHA who knows right? but right now I am all about being on the attack.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-20, 16:55

BF:

OMG ....crap hit the fan today. Not only were we under staff, then holiday crap- and the hospital is full to capacity- it was a nightmare day.
I did manage it- no lunch- no break- running at warp speed.
I am WHIPPED.
I am in jammies - picked up calamari for dinner and wish I could go to bed now. It is 6- HAHAHAHAHAHAH- I would be up by 2, then my sleep would be screwed up. I will push through it and go to bed early. NO parties for me tonight.

I tell you on days like today- running like a crazy woman- come home walk the pooch, food in my belly and jammies on- sip of wine and I am out!!!!!!

New Hawaii 5-0 premier tonight- hope to stay awake to see it!

Sorry all about me- More tomorrow, after I sleep in and am having coffee.
Paid my condo today-
next 2 weeks hit up the saving account!!!!

Yea I am already checking out what is open for next!!!!- You know the funny thing about that? Ya pick a place that has tones of stuff, then you work you ass off and are too tired to explore. Been to beach 2 times. Been here 3 weeks.

Down to 10 weeks now! = love it- so fun, food great, people nice, ready for NEXT!!!!!
The gypsy in me. Get in get out! I still wanna do a Florida or Nashville gig. Both would be fun- any BEACH place!!!!

Have great night- personals in am ..............was I whining???????- better after sleep!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Jan-03-20 at 17:48.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-20, 19:09

BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Hi all,

Trig---Man, I absolutely love your "go get it" attitude. If I were your body I would be thinking about your brain, shred the fat fast, not messing w/her! You ARE going to be that Slim Jimette on the beach this summer, I just KNOW it. Wish I could transfuse your mojo right into my veins. SIGH, I'll get there...listening to you makes me want it more.

Lori---Whoa on the "Betty and the keys" thing. That renter must have been freaked out. Nice she doesn't have to worry about an old house w/a bunch of doors in your nice little town. Haha, if it were a horror movie, look out!!! Title: the house with a hundred doors."

Yeah, getting back on the wagon is harder than I remembered. Good thing for you is that your exercise program seems to offset a fair bit of the naughties.

Nic---So exciting that you and hubby are having an "empty nest" reward of a trip to Alaska! IMO and in my experience it takes a bit of getting used to---to not have the kids between and around you all the time. Can't think of a better, more fun and intriguing way to start getting used to it!

AND, you have done the thing you're so good at---looked ahead and planned ahead. Started your own business! So impressed w/that.

Jaz---I get a kick out of your countdown. Seems like you've been counting the days till you leave since you got there. But I do get it. Sounds like there are many pluses, but in-between your positive words, I am hearing words like "desolate," "small", and NO eligible men, LOL.

AND, I understand that if you're going to be a traveling nurse GO FOR IT!!! See as many places as you can, and this part I love---come home to the dollhouse for a month of R and R. Also, I love for you that the money is good and you can stash a fair amount away. The more you stash away, the sooner you can retire, or just work when you want to work.

Hope by next week the holidays really are behind the hospital and staffing is back to normal. Does make me think though---as you said they hired you even though they knew they might not need you?!?! Seems like they have needed you plenty!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gals, I'm out of sorts today. Kind of down. Won't get into it here or now, and nothing to worry anyone. Might send an e to y'all. We'll see.

But for now, just going to say, as always, things will probably look better in the morning. They almost always do. Just going to cozy up and read and wait for today to be over. Good plan I think.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 05:02

BF:

Blue, is blue and out of sorts. Oh yea I get that. Take time, relax, chillax, have a few darn drinks if needed LOL and kick back. You will come around

Jaz, yea your countdown is crazy. 10-9-8, it will go quick. Plus your gig is my crappy winter I need to get thru....I will countdown along with ya to early spring!

hey all

hubby off driving early. left 4:30 am and he woke me and I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't.....just laying there with open eyes saying 'sleep damn you' LOL so up I am early again.

will hit grocery fast. need some meat. see if any good seafood sales are around.

today is hubby's b-day. gotta pick up some small cake for him while out. No prez. Just getting a card and some money to buy what he wants. So close after Xmas...ugh...no need to get him anything. Heck none of us need anything

rainy out. icky. nasty. blah blah and more blah here

just chilling thru the day and taking life mostly easy. will wash bed sheets etc. later for us and kid. tackle guest room later. that is enough for today HA

great day all
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 05:06

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....sorry you had a down day yesterday..hope things are looking up this morning. I guess the down days make us appreciate the good ones all the more.

Betty's new tenant is very sweet and she loves her apartment. I was afraid she would be upset about the keys snafu, but DH says all is well. The house with a hundred doors indeed! There probably are close to a hundred!
She's a retired nurse and loves to sit and visit with Betty. She also said she will be glad to take care of Betty's foot wound when we are away in February. The Dr. says we'll be taking care of that for 3-4 months as well as visits to him every 2 weeks. A long process.

Jaz....I'm with Blue....sounds like they needed you at that hospital! Actually sounds like they could use 2 or 3 of you! Hope the staff is back in full force next week. Being busy is good, running full out every day will wear on you quickly.

I sure hope you get to enjoy the beach and area at some point in the next 10 weeks. When it's time for you to pack up and head back to Atlanta, the weather will be getting nice! Oh well, you'll have your next adventure to look forward to!

Trig.....good luck getting DD back on the school schedule. She sure is a night owl! Oh to be young!

I'm sure you'll see the scale dropping to just where you want to see it. You are one determined lady!

Nic....Alaska land/cruise is on our bucket list too! We're also hoping for 2021. The only trip we have planned this year is our little FL junket in February for a few days and some short trips to watch DGS16 play baseball this summer. We're also looking at doing the National Parks in Utah one of these years. The girls I got together with in Edinburgh are meeting again in Berlin this summer. They have plans to travel by train to Poland and do a little race while they're together. I thought about trying to go, but the location doesn't excite me. DH told me to do what I want to do, but I think I'm going to take a pass on that trip.

--------

Today I have a pile of laundry to do and some errands to run. If the rain stops, I'm going to get out for a run this afternoon. I guess we have the rain turning to snow tomorrow. Blech! We've been lucky this Winter so far with the weather. We haven't had any bitter cold temperatures so far. I'm sure they're coming.

The NY's resolutioners were out in force at the gym yesterday! The Yoga class was packed! I sure hope it thins out as I don't like being crowded in like that. One of my friends told me that she was at an earlier strength class and it was the same....packed. Sigh.....we were spoiled with our "not so busy" gym, but now with the merger with the Y, things sure have changed.

Happy Saturday!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 07:44

BF:

Good Morning-
Boy do I feel better. I was so sleep deprived.

Lori- I knew your classes would be busy! You called it! Give it a few weeks and they will drop like flies!!!!! Ewwwww SNOW!!! I am getting the rain today!
Crappy gray here too!
So you don't want to go abroad to POLAND????? HAHAHAH - I could think of a thousand OTHER places to go!
That is a lot of $$ anytime and travel.
Alaska sounds nice!

NIC-
- cool on getting out to do travels with hubby next year. I know that you and Lori are the big time travel gals!!!!!
Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Blue- ((((((( hugs)))))))) What ever you are going through. This I know - when you are tired, it's harder to deal with anything. I know that is true for me!
We are always here my friend- a button away, call, text, whatever! But you have been running at full tilt and maybe you just need a few day to unplug- cozy up and lose your self in a few martinis and a great book! Just what I need what I am over the top! I need to regroup- and self care!
XOXOXO

TRIG
- Yes, join the count down with me! It's really a count down to new and Spring! - Only 10 to go! I know you thrive in warm sunshine!!!! Thankfully this winter has not been super bad. Rain yes- but no super cold, ice, or snow!
I am a warm weather fan as well!!!!
I agree with BLUE- you stay the course and you are going to kill in in shorts this summer! ohhhhh lllaaaaaa laaaaaaa HOTTIE!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
I so needed that sleep. I slept 11 hours- straight though. I went to bed at 830 and got up at 730 and feel rested.

Yes I am on the count down. Not that I am not enjoying here. I am, but I do have an antsy side. The gypsy in me! I could totally do the RV life and plan myself somewhere for a few weeks and then if the itch comes- pull up the chairs and head out.
During the 30 years I was married, we never traveled. We really didn't. We never had the money. I have not had the opportunity to see this beautiful country and places before now. So I am antsy to see all before I am 6 feet under. I want it all. I have "put in my time" for family. Now is MY time. I love that.

Yup- So when I use words to describe places, flat, small, desolate- keep in mind compared to Atlanta busy, bumper to bumper traffic every place could fit that description.

Yea- I am blessed to be where I am. I am just struggling with how hard and fast the hospital life is. Take in mind I haven't been in a hospital environment in 10 years. I have done other types of nursing. So the adjustment is real. Not that I can't do it, I am just not the spring chicken and I am worn out when I get back to the condo! I will adjust. I do know the moving around, rather than sitting on my butt is so much better. Just takes some getting used to.

Rain and more rain today- Warm though today and then it drops to 40's tomorrow. Need to run a few errands. I am craving sloppy Joe again. It was so good.
I am still not eating chicken- urghhhhh. I still have crab cakes to make. I have 4 pounds of shrimp in the freezer and crab legs and steak still. So all good.

Back later......Have a good day ladies! I am slowing down today and being MINDFUL of my environment! hehehehe

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Jan-04-20 at 10:04.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 05:14

BF:

Lori, oh yea the bad weather will hit us sooner than later now. we got rainy set on us and Brrr, damp. ugh. I know tho we are easier than you when you get hit with it all.

Your gym is sounding annoying but give it a few weeks and 1/2 those resolutioners will be gone You know one goes long on New Years commitments

Jaz sleep all ya need. You are there to work and work you they will LOL
thing is you know how close you cut this gig. next gig you can go out a bit earlier, more at your leisure, take an extra day to explore after you relax from traveling out there etc. You learn on this trip, make it all better on the next '

hey Nicco and Blue....ya haven't checked in yet

Up so early. I fell asleep so early. 9:40 I went to bed. I couldn't stand tv one more friggin' minute. I was cold, you know that to the bone cold and just yawning like crazy.....so I said screw this, under my big old down comforter and off to sleep I went......only to be up 4 am. UGH

Long morning already.

I got that 'don't feel like doing a darn thing' mood happening. Don't care about anything right now. I am just cold. I am in a mood and will just kinda hang here in this mood today I think HAHA

Kid back to school Monday thank goodness. the 'mom I am hungry' is SO old now. I can't wait for her to be back on her schedule which puts me on a good one also

Nothing much doing. Just this and that and waiting for summer again.

great day all, got a nice 1 lb. ribeye I will be attacking early probably. already hungry at 6am. not good, hold out for a bit then ribeye coming my way. not sure tonight, thinking monster sized cheeseburger patty probably.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 07:01

BF:

Good Morning!

I slept in this morning! Gabby got me up at midnight to go out....which works out nicely for me. I get back to sleep easily and sleep long. It's the 3-4 wake up calls that are a bugger.

Yesterday I did not do much of anything except a few errands and some laundry. This morning I have my washer spinning with sheets, I'll remake the bed and then I'm heading to a 10:15 yoga class at the gym. I'll make some dinner for DH and that will be about it for the day. These cold, gray winter days make me want to hibernate and just stay in. Come on Spring!

Trig...I'm sure you'll be glad to have DD back in her routine so you can feel more normal. She's probably ready to be back to school and her friends too.

I hate those days when I'm starving at 6AM! Sometimes I just give in and eat a piece of cheese. Other days I don't get hungry till after Noon. Today I won't eat until close to Noon....after Yoga.

Jaz.....I'm sure it's going to take some time to get used to the hustle and bustle of working in a hospital again. I can't imagine it, actually.

I loved the picture of the crane or heron or whatever was in the water behind your condo yesterday. I love those big birds. It looks like a nice condo complex.

Glad you caught up on some sleep. Hope you had another good night last night.

Blue....hope your weekend has been nice and quiet. Sounds like you were due for some down time.

Nic....I know you're enjoying having your boys home. Is DS21 anxious to get back to school? He'll have to readjust after a semester in Europe. What an experience! Does his GF go to the same school? I don't remember if she lives near you or not.

Ok.....washer is calling me.....and so is the coffee pot!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sun, Jan-05-20 at 07:09.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 08:44

BF:

Good Sunday morning!

Trig- "I am in a mood and will just kinda hang here in this mood today I think HAHA- OMG- I had to laugh at that. I shouldn't find your grumpy cat funny. I guess it's the way you describe them! Just so matter fact. I would DWELL and laminate all over the place and DRAG it out!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH-

Stay inside warm and take a nap if you want!!!!
How is your WOE rolling along? Whats for dinner?

Lori- So glad you got my pic! The last time I tried to send a pic to all of you at the same time it wouldn't go though! Yea, so last night at dusk I was walking Bella and stopped to enjoy the pond and saw what looked like a statue. But as I was looking and looking it blinked. It was SO SO SO still. I would not have noticed it had I not stopped. It was so cool. See what happens when ya pause!!!!! WINK- slow it down!

Yes- you will get to see the complex sooner than you think!!! Keep the pond in mind when I get to me part of the post!

Are you still getting ready meals?

Nic- - Hey wanted to ask you about the trains you take. how would I find out about them and where they go? It's on my bucket list to see DC while I am here but do not want the drive. Is is a day trip ya think?
I am glad you are getting a break from all the hub bub the last few months have tossed your way! We are in a new year and a fresh start!

Blue- - stay cozy and find a good book! I know you are also into your bead project! We would love to see all your pics as you finish another batch! Also a themed "bottle could be cool too! Like Christmas, fall, etc......... you are so creative I am sure you have thought of that too!!!!
Does your apt complex have a pond? Oh...... Hey- Was just thinking about the fact you have a pool! Oh yea- LUCKY you. I bet you are looking forward to pool season! It is not THAT far off!
10 weeks to Spring- but who is counting! HAHAHA
-------------------------------------------------------------
So cool you all got that pic of the Ingrid standing so still in the pond at dusk. I also most missed it had I not stopped to admire the pond. I truly thought it wasn't real. I was watching it each me and it blinked. I just had to take a pic. So very cool. It just verified to me- SLOW DOWN- see what you have been missing!!!!!

So OMG last night I experienced something I have never experienced before. I have been in tornados, harsh weather, horrible thunderstorms- and a dry hurricane.
Ever hear of a dry hurricane? All the wind and rained out. I was in Hurricane IKE 10 years ago. It caused Millions of dollars in damage to Ohio. Look it up- It was something.

Anyway- last night brought back memories of IKE. We had rain yesterday all day. then the rain stopped and the winds moved in and howled at 35-40 gale force all night.
I could feel the roof shake, and the windows shake and it was scary because it lasted ALL NIGHT. It has died down n
The pond had white caps this morning! THE POND!!!!-
I noticed that the porches across from me facing the wind had some furniture damage. Taking Bella out this morning I saw a couch on a porch flipped upside down and chairs all ripped over. There were a few shingles on the ground and twigs everywhere!
Bella even barked a few times at the noice. Then she burrowed under covers- as did I . At one point I was almost ready to move into the living room, less windows. I could feel the windows wanting to give at one point.
I actually felt the "pressure" something I have never experienced before.
I can't fathom the noreasterns they get here right on the coast. Nod to NIC- you might have experienced this type of weather.

Anyway- it is something I will remember. It has lessened down to a gust here and there, although they still have Gale warnings out today.

I hit up Bath and body works yesterday and picked up a few things at 75% off. their semi sale is this month, then I had a coupon on top of it! Snagged a candle and a roller ball of sparkles! OF course you never get to old to wear sparkles !!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!

I am so glad I shopped yesterday. I picked up a small pork roast loin. It is a bourbon mesquite one. I will roast it and have a small bag of green beans to go with.

Weather is too crappy to go out. The beach would be miserable. Maybe next week. I WAS going to treat myself to a night out this week- but took a pass. I am just too tired to enjoy it. A day to hang in pajamas and just toss some good food in the oven and watch TV, read magazines I brought with me I have not had a chance to look at wins out!

I am also going to search a stretch video- I am so so stiff. LORI- any thoughts? I want a you tube free one!

Ok- I am off for more coffee!!!
Have a good one!
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 09:23

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Sounds like several of us have the dream of visiting Alaska! Trig, I think your plan sounds amazing. Pretty sure there is no way my DH would be onboard with something like that though. He is not a rough-it sort of guy at all.

Lori, if you are thinking 2021, when are you going to start planning? I think I am going to meet up with a friend of mine who is a travel agent to discuss options as he has been there four times. I think he'd have great input. I don't think I realized the sheer size of Alaska until I started doing some research. (That's where I was yesterday- down the hyperfocus internet rabbit hole, as I do.) Anyway, did you know that Alaska is pretty much the size of the contiguous United States? I read somewhere, and it made me laugh, that they think the size of Texas is "cute." I lived in Texas and it can take a full day to get from one side to the other! So yeah, definitely a lot to take in and learn about.. I had no idea!

DH ended up not being sick at all- I think it was adjusting to not having sugar/carbs. He felt better as the day went on. Good thing too, I don't want any sickies in the house!

DS18 got his fourth college admittance yesterday! He only has one to go now. There would have been a sixth but apparently they are missing a student grades report or something like that. He says he doesn't want to go there so we are just dropping it. Only UMD left to go and he should hear from them by the end of January/beginning of February.

Patriots lost last night in their first playoff game, and their season is now over. I tell ya, it was a rough end of game for Tom Brady. I'm not particularly a fan of his, but I admire his work ethic and focus. He basically had a turnover, and then had another one for a Pick 6 in the last seconds of the game. That was his last game, more than likely, as a player for the Patriots. I feel bad for him that it went down like that. The Dynasty has crumbled. I doubt that he will retire and wonder what team he will go to. He looks REMARKABLE and his athletic ability is still really good to be in his mid-40s.

Two NFL playoff games today and I will be in my jammies today too, more than likely, camped out in our cozy basement family room. We have that wind that Jaz was talking about- less sustained, more gusty, but still, every now and again our fireplace is hollering in protest. It actually does this loud whistle-holler thing when it is super windy!

Jaz- your job sounds very active and very busy. I bet you are getting steps in like crazy now. Your other one was much more sedentary. No wonder you are so tired at the end of the day!

Make sure, even while you are counting down, that you enjoy your time there. Ten weeks will fly by before you know it!

Check out Amtrak and also check out just taking a bus like Peter Pan or something. Amtrak likely leaves out of Wilmington and maybe Newark. I'd more than likely just drive it; it's not far.

Blue- I hope things are feeling a little brighter. Maybe the post-holiday let down, combined with just being socially drained? Hugs to you, girlie.

Trig- I can hear the weather blues starting to hit you a bit too. I know some of you gals are chomping at the bit for spring. I'm not there yet because I know after spring comes the heat of summer, which isn't really my jam. Some blue sunny skies would be nice though!

So your girl has been out of school for a LONG time! My Ds18 went back last week for a couple of days. I needed that return to a schedule and having my house back, at least somewhat!

Lori- how lucky for Betty that the new tenant is both a nurse and willing to help with changing her dressings. What a find!!

Let me know when you go to the National Parks in Utah. They were freaking AMAZING. Really worth doing. If you want to stay within the parks you need to book a year in advance, no joke. We loved them.

Edit: PS- On plan.

Hugs to all!
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 19:26

BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Just pit stopping in. Needed this weekend to really chill, needed some alone time. Feeling much better. As I always do when I get away from the problem which is almost always work/BC, where "the politics" are basically one person who does not like me and who happens to be "Charles in Charge. And acts like it. All the time. Very challenging for me to keep my smile on and my professional hat jauntily tipped. SIGH. But, its better than no jobs, which might happen at any time, will happen for awhile now due to various circumstances. Struggling w/that whole thing.

So, tired tonight, but feeling much calmer. And, on plan, almost. Just home from what I hope is the last party in the bldg for awhile, and I had a couple bites of this and that, but I'd say overall my cal count for the day is pretty darn low. So there's that.

Hope to be back tomorrow fresh as a daisy w/stuff to chat w/each of you about.