Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 00:39

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

hmmm, thats interesting. The combination of vlc and baking soda eliminates biofilm for me, but on the lower incisors plaque adheres where the gum has receded on the tongue side. The gums did "grow" for lack of better term noticeably for all teeth, but not enough to eliminate the exposure where the tartar is noticeable inside the incisors. I keep scraping this in hopes the gums will fill in. Perhaps a little more help is necessary.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 06:44

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Thanks to Ms Arielle I usually just brush with baking soda, since it's also my favorite facial exfoliant and it's right there. I love it!

Since going low carb my hygienist have exclaimed over my A grades on dental. I added a "floss brush" electric toothbrush from Oral B, and now I don't bother flossing... and got an A+!

Per Dr. Jack Kruse, I avoid fluoride in all its forms.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 13:21

BF:

We are on well water, so no flouride and no chlorine.

And I dont floss either, though I say I do if asked. Jyst easier to not explain low carb. Flossing is for when a bit of meat or sinew caught between teeth.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 14:55

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
<...snip...>Now using "Secrets of the Tribe" bloodroot tincture daily.<...>

Bloodroot was the active ingredient in Viadent, until Colgate bought it. I put it on top of my toothpaste (not the Ipsab brushing)

We're on well water too Ms Arielle and fortunately I never have to buy any of that overpriced bottled tap water.

Bob
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-23-19, 17:14

BF:

DH just told me his gingivitis has improved. He's been using TOM'S of Maine brand baking soda tooth paste. And his teeth dont hurt anymore.

He is a diligent twice a year see dentist for cleaning type.... yet had problems until changing toothpaste.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 10:28

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Until last year I was under the care of a periodontist since 1080
I have had 3 gum resections and had professional cleanin every 3 months. Nothing stopped the gum disease

One day my general dentist asked if i would like to participate in a study run by a dental hygienist. I agreed

The study consisted of finding out just exactly what bacteria were present in my mouth then treating them with specific antibiotics. If I recall correctly, it took about 6 months to clear my mouth of harmful bacteria. I have been clear since with no further gum disease.

I do believe that a low carb diet helps me maintain
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 11:34

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
I have had 3 gum resections and had professional cleanin every 3 months. Nothing stopped the gum disease

One day my general dentist asked if i would like to participate in a study run by a dental hygienist. I agreed

The study consisted of finding out just exactly what bacteria were present in my mouth then treating them with specific antibiotics. If I recall correctly, it took about 6 months to clear my mouth of harmful bacteria. I have been clear since with no further gum disease.

Wow, I have so many questions about that, I hope you don't mind but this interests me.
What was the bacteria they did find, what treatment and what antibiotic and was it administered directly into the gums or taken by pill?
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 12:39

BF:

Meme#1
Sorry I can't answer your questions. The dental hygienist was going to do a film clip of those of us who benefited by her experiment but she suddenly dropped the whole issue. (I suspect she got backlash from dentists.)

I am giving you the website for my general dentist who carried out the experiment on me. Is the information classified? I hace no idea.

Tell Dr Elena you heard the story from me (Dr Pamela Brink) and wanted more information. I suspect she is continuing the protocol. My periodontist will not admit that she cured my periodontitis.

http://www.kuceydental.ca/about-us/...ernandez-kucey/
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 13:05

BF:

Quote:
Meme#1
Sorry I can't answer your questions. The dental hygienist was going to do a film clip of those of us who benefited by her experiment but she suddenly dropped the whole issue. (I suspect she got backlash from dentists.)

I am giving you the website for my general dentist who carried out the experiment on me. Is the information classified? I hace no idea.

Tell Dr Elena you heard the story from me (Dr Pamela Brink) and wanted more information. I suspect she is continuing the protocol. My periodontist will not admit that she cured my periodontitis.

http://www.kuceydental.ca/about-us/...ernandez-kucey/

Thanks Benay, I will read.
It's always been curious to me how they are so clueless on the causes and yet they continue the deep root method of cleaning knowing full and well that it probably will do no good.
It just makes sense that it must be a bacteria but why they won't treat it as such is the curious part. They say it runs in families and to me common sense (again) makes me think that's because the bacteria is transmitted from one family member to another.
So when you wrote this I had hopes of knowing if it could be a staph, strep or some other bad bacteria that is so strong that it just will not die on it's own..
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 14:06

BF:

Sorry Meme, but it has been so long ago - a good decade at least -- that I simply don't remember and did not take notes at the time. But there were at least 3 strains that had to be dealt with separately.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 21:25

BF:

I have my Dr Lin book to newphew the dentist to read over a 5 day visit. The book sat next to him unread.

He makes huge money pulling teeth. Like $350 a tooth. He oaid off his $400,000 which is loans plus interest in ten years. And bought a house, and had two kids and a stay at home wife.

Why would he want to educate his patients.. ? He,s making a fortune treating problems.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 21:29

BF:

ps. baking soda changes the mouth pH , making a bad living situation for the bad bacteria. No antibiotics necessary.

I HIGHLY recommend THE DENTAL DIET by the dentist dr. lin.

It is like a maintenance level lc diet so it is easy to follow at vlc with a few supplements to get higher levels of important vitamins.

Our teeth are living tissue. Our gums are living tisse. Our current diet cannot supply the nutrients needed for great mouth health. Choosing tge best foods wisely is a pkus. But I found supplemening with vit C, D3, A, K2, a must. And the minerals magnesium citrate ( mg oxide is poorly absorbed), potassium from lite salt. Diet with dairy like cheese is lots of calcium and phosphorus. Likely too much for grown adults who dont need the levels of growing children.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Tue, Dec-24-19 at 21:36.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-19, 23:57

BF:

I should get the book!!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Dec-25-19, 02:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I should get the book!!

not expensive at all. see if your local library will order. once you read it, the important steps are simple. much is explanation and convincing reader.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 17:49
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:

Yeah, I was told it's bad bacteria and there is no cure once you get it.

Nebula Genomics DNA shows all the mouth bacteria and % of it. I didn't have their phenotype test till after doing my curative regimen. I believe kefir, with its 50+ strains of bacteria and yeast acts like a living antibiotic when it re-colonizes your mouth. It won't spoil even if left out of the fridge for days. The essential oils also help. I use those in the morning and rinse with kefir before bed after soda brushing and using a water pik. I try to use floss pik once-a-day especially after eating meat or jerky. Can't stand stuff stuck between my teeth