Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-19, 19:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Have to yell Hooray somewhere.

Tbone steak. 2 lbs. Monster thick sucker!

10.99/lb.....steak cost $19.99

So I see the meat guy near the beef, marking away.
Hmmmm….real fast I get there

My steak is marked $3.59/lb......total cost..... $7.14

oh yea I bought that bad boy. Ate 1/2 today.....will fry up the bone and rest of meat tomorrow. I had to hack it up, it is SO big I couldn't handle it all.

I am going into non-hungry mode. Like seriously not hungry. I got PilotGal's post in my mind. I think I will be going for a more serious less eating times and just go strictly by hunger.

Not hungry at all this morning but leaving house. Not home til at least 2 so I fried up 3 slices bacon and ate that EVEN though I was not hungry. I kinda had that 'what if' I get home a ton later and and and and….I thought way too much on it all.

stop that crap now. done deal. eat ONLY when truly hungry. I have got to make that my lead.

I will
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-19, 06:26

BF:

Simple Carn day

big old fab ribeye steak.

bit of experimenting on me. I throw the grass fed butter on everything in big form.

Not gonna do it anymore.

Fatty high fat delish meat will be fried in no butter. Meat has all the fat I require in that meal.

Very low fat meat like my skinless boneless chicken breasts I love sautéed WILL be slathered in good extra fat with butter and I will dip and yum while doing it.

I think the extra fat in a very high fat meat is not needed by my body. I think it is overkill and time to take it away and 'watch more' how I do prepare my meats as needed.

another little experiment on me. just what I like to do. see what goes down.

so today is big old ribeye no extra butter added

tin of sardines and couple chunks of cheddar if wanted.

I am in not hungry mode. Doing well. It got very cold outside, some cold front came in with the last storm. Brrr…..I am freezing. Absolutely freezing down to the bone. I hate that. I am such a summer hot weather gal.

but I will see if cold weather is gonna up my appetite more or if I stay on a 'eat like crazy and big' and then not hungry for days after or if winter cold is gonna make me more of a 'eat steady and feel I need food more' on a constant level stream thru my day.

huh.....just chatting out loud just wondering about it all.

I best watch me, I wonder too much sometimes. I should just let things go down as they go down HA

again love the carnivore chat stuff. I just enjoy this way of eating so much I gotta spout it out.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-19, 04:31

BF:

down another 1 lb.

WEE will take it all the time

tightening back up on full carnivore is a blessing to me.
I can't rave enough about how good I feel.
Lbs come off effortlessly (but slowly as usual for most of us LOL) but I get to eat SO well while just letting them come off.

no thoughts on it.
no macros.
no tracking.
no counting.

all things I must have cause I never wanted to track, hate it and all it entails and do very best without that stuff.

this so suits me.

best thing I read on the boards is do what suits you. it is so personal to each of us. experiment on yourself a bit, find the best sweet spot and go baby go
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 05:48

BF:

down .4

skimpy.... darn right it is but it is another loss on the scale each day since I started strict carnivore.

and loving what I am eating
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 06:10
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

my friend left, last night.
she has had a lot of medical problems for years.
i taught her how to go GF about 4-5 yrs ago.
this visit, i kept it to a minimum of high protein and lots of fat..
didn't make any veggies.
i never have fruit in the house.
and we did have skinny buns with our sammich's we took to the beach.
but all in all, i kept sausage & ground beef patties around for fast eating.
when we headed to the airport, last night, she held her hand up and said, "it seems like my fingernails grew, while here."
it's entirely possible.
i told her i keep a nail file by my living room seat and i use it nearly everyday.
there's no reason why our fingernails aren't growing while getting tons of vitamin D, fresh air and high protein.

and she hardly took any of her bottles of medication.
she sleeps well here, she is relaxed, chilled....
we just spend hours on the beach, following the shade from the palm fronds...
and then we sleep a lot at night..
usually passing out after our evening meal..

i also keep cold cuts in the fridge for making sammichs for our days on the beach.
lots of ham & cheese or chicken and cheese..

i don't make any special meals, although i had thought about making some nice meals for us, but i never did. i saved money and i didn't have to worry about her not wanting a lot of ricotta or any veggies.

it's easy to travel and it's easy to host company as a meat eater.
no one complains.
if they want more variety, they can go to a restaurant.
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-19, 07:34

BF:

WOW that was a wonderful report on your friend visiting!

It sounded SO relaxing and chill and easy and non-complicated.
So many need that in their lives but just don't see it. They think 'this or that' and 'buy this to help that' and more but never see that a simple back to nature, unstressed, easier lifestyle is warranted. (not saying this is your friend here LOL) just commenting on it all.

fresh air, sunshine, good companionship, great healthy food.
what more should one need? Not much according to me, that is life right there

PilotGal you got a real flare about you. A calming feeling I get from you. Your natural approaches. I so love that!

just curious, what are your skinny buns? I just don't do the substitute things anymore but when I read something like that I wonder.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 05:01

BF:

got me a nice drop of 1.4

I am so into carnivore eating and it is giving me massive benefits. Lbs are moving off daily. Fingers crossed it stays that way for a bit

yesterday was 1/2 lb. meatloaf, bacon, crab legs with butter.

Not a lot of food for me at all.....will be eating more today. I woke up hungry....gonna eat well
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 06:44
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
just curious, what are your skinny buns?
they are these skinny buns that I found at Aldi. they have wheat in them. they are so skinny and toast up well.
14 grams net carbs
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-19, 06:54

BF:

oh not something you make yourself....you just got very skinny buns LOL cool

got it
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-19, 05:57

BF:

holding plan like glue

I love the science behind carnivore. Charlene Anderson is I think now over the 20 yr mark eating this way. wow she looks fab older! makes me wish I jumped on this train long ago LOL

I like checking in with long time veterans of this plan. I googled Charlene again and got revved up on good carnivore info again. Helps me keep the mojo, know this plan suits me best and just move forward in fine fashion.

I am sick of the scale point blank. Said I wasn't getting on it and then I did cause I gotta know....down again....only like .8 but I want it LOL

Every single day. Down on the scale. Eating wonderful. Happy as a lark. I can't ask for more with the benefits this plan gives me.

done with carnivore chat for today HA
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Nov-06-19, 07:37
Registered Member

Yesterday, I took some shredded mozzarella and put into my iron skillet to melt down.... then it burned.. and then I placed ham slices on top, moved it to a plate, added mayonnaise and yellow mustard with about 4 slices of b&b pickles...
Rolled that sucker up and ate it. It was Gud! Not something I would have frequently.... but it was good.

Last meal was Italian sausage that I browned and cooked in iron skillet and ate with a dollop of mayonnaise. That was gud, too!

Woke up this morning and wasn’t hungry.
When i got up to urinate around 4am... i was hungry.
Getting ready to start my day and I won’t be back until lunchtime or shortly thereafter.
So... first meal will be around noon-2pm.. somewhere around there.
No plans to eat out, 1) no money and 2) bad food...
will come home and cook up 2 large slices of pork belly and a 2 bone veal breast portion... cook both of those up and eat one or both.. however much it will take to make my belly happy.

And all the sun I got last week... all that vitamin D has given me a much needed attitude adjustment.. i feel good, i walked the neighborhood, this morning for 25 minutes.
I would have continued except that I needed to urinate......
Will continue to walk as the weather is getting better in the mornings, and Dr. Kruse highly suggests morning or sunset sunshine for ultimate health..
So while walking east, I got a little morning sunshine.

Getting ready to head out.
Hope everyone has a great day!
It’s beautiful here in So FL.
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 05:25

BF:

PG, getting out into that sunshine and nature is so important. Glad you are enjoying your walks!

So FL.....oh boy would I love to be there. Hot weather gal. I am NC and we are starting to turn nasty cold. Next week we got a high of 39....ick...and people call NC the South....now you are the South

I am the same. eating out is a nightmare and costs way to much for the bad food we do get. Unless we hit a fine restaurant that can cater to our demands with good quality meat/seafood why bother kinda…..but the cost would be thru the roof so I don't go there.

Eating home is the best way to handle myself. I so understand that.

Carnivore is treating me very well.
Scale moving down little by little. I like that.

I am now into way not hungry mode. I am switching into deep keto adaption and I know it. I know this feeling and love this feeling

Just cruising along, letting it all just wash over me. Eat when I must and just forget food the rest of the time. All going well.
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-19, 08:02

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:

My favorite thing about the Charlene Anderson before and after pictures is the lack of obvious cellulite on her legs. I have always had terrible cellulite on the back of my thighs, even when I was a skinny young thing, but admittedly it didn't look too bad. Since I got fat, I've had lumpy fat on the front of my thighs too. I don't think I've worn shorts in nearly two decades. But I can tell by feel that the lumpy fat on the front of my thighs is going away.

Who knows? Maybe next summer I'll wear shorts again.
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 09:42

BF:

yea I feel ya on that post Tess!

but with Carnivore that lumpy does leave....no doubt about that....might take a while tho

I wish I had all this info back in the day cause I just didn't research or know of it and I wish I have been eating like Charlene all this time now also LOL

but it is what it is...with time we will get better results for ourselves.

I am wishing nothing but shorts for you next summer!
and me looking a heck of a lot better in my bathing suit when I hit the beach LOL
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-19, 09:48

BF:

scale down again today
almost a lb.

didn't eat a lot the last few days.

but today I woke up not hungry but ate some steak.

I feel I need it. I feel empty. my chicken don't fill me up or make me feel as good inside as red meat does.

so I made sure I got some. just 6 oz so far of top sirloin. not much but I am smiling cause the body feels great.

nothing but stellar results.

thing is carnivore can't be for everyone in that it is the best way to eat obviously (per my hardcore opinion it obviously cause mileage will vary on this one, lol)…..but thing is it is a true elim menu that can't fit into so many lives. They don't want to go there. They are not enough of a meat and seafood eater to enjoy it like I do.

but you get as close as you can to carnivore and maybe keep a few things you love in there.....oh boy you will see a lot of improvement.

Dirty Carnivore. But there is a limit on dirty carnivore. One can easily walk way fast past what is considered carnivore and its plan.

Dirty Carn. means you can add a tad. A plus that makes you mentally happy and feel better mentally about doing this tough change. But you can't have fruit every day and be Carn. You can't eat veg with every steak everyday and say I am Carn.

A Dirty Carn. knows exactly what limits are on this phase of Carnivore. It is not a far walk from the strict plan. It is miniscule and rare.

carnivore is just that. dirty gives you a tad to maneuver but extremely low amt of added things and rare to do so. a real carnivore won't go into plant land cause we truly feel it is toxic....so we won't go there.
If you want to take it farther, you are out of Carnivore and then doing Keto Plan etc. Which is great, so many get great results on it....so...

just some thoughts on it