Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 15:00

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
Aldi sells good 100% organic 100% grass fed for a reasonable price.

Me? I'd do with fewer shoes, less jewelry, unfashionable clothes, no cable TV, not run the AC, no bottled water, and a bunch of other things to put better food in my body. It's a matter of priorities.

If you drive accelerating gradually as if there was an egg shell between your foot and the accelerator and when you see the light red ahead or a slower speed limit take your foot off the gas, you can get 100 extra miles per tankful. I've done this with 3 cars in a row. That's enough to put into better food and you get there within 5 minutes of when you would have otherwise.

Again, it's priorities. Grass fed is better for you too. It has a better balance of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, plus it has CLA which helps you lose weight, corn finished beef does not.

But everybody's priorities are different, mine are not for everybody.

Bob

Im with youBob.

I hunt for the better quality food, a process to move from co nventional options. We dont buychips
and junk food, only premium icecream. Miss the farm fresh eggs.... need to increase my hen count. Learning to garden to avoid all persticides. And planted an orchard. A bush type cherry takes up only a 6x6 space, and a tall bush blueberry the same. Little steps add up.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 16:53

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

My driving habits save me $12.50 per tankful if the gas is $2.50 per gallon. More if the price is higher.

That's enough for better food with zero sacrifice.

Years ago I read an article about the new defunct "Mobil Economy Run" and I emulated those drivers. The object is to accelerate as slowly as possible, and to try to avoid stepping on the brake pedal as much as possible. When you use the brakes, the gas you used to gain speed gets used up, turned into heat.

100 miles per tankful extra is a lot. I have a 20 gallon tank.

Plus by using less gas, I'm polluting the atmosphere with CO2, CO, and other tailpipe pollutants.

I still drive the speed limit (weather permitting) just accelerate slower and anticipate braking sooner by coasting. 9 out of 10 times I see the same cars that zoomed past me and then slammed on their brakes at the next red light.

Bonus, tires and brakes last much longer too!!!

Putting good quality food in your body is one of the most important things you can do IMHO. If you don't have good health, you don't have anything.

I'm 73, on zero prescriptions, and can't remember the last time I was sick. I think 10-15 years ago I might have had a slight cold. And I haven't missed a day's work since 1964.

I believe putting good food into my body and not junk or frankenfood is one of the main reasons why I'm so healthy.

Bob
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-19, 17:17

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Rob, cant be sure if you are being sarcastic , or not, just one of my quirks...... years ago when I was working thru the ethics of producing and eating meats, my thinking came full circle. That killing plants to eat like carrots, or potatoes, meant vegetabkes and fruits deserved consideration. My prayers of thanks for my food soared.......now Im far more conscious of the web of life, including the importance of fungii and bacteria in healthy soils.

I am being sarcastic, as that's what many of us from New England tend to do best; however, it's tongue in cheek for a reason, and that reason is a question: who can determine the value to a life when that life is simply limited to animal species? Is it because animals are what we are? Who can ignore the value of plants? Who is to say they are of less value? Yes, part sarcasm, part truth, and when there's an element of truth that's when sarcasm works best.

Always good to have a little fun with food dogma.