Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-21-18, 22:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252.6/252.6/175 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I Messed Up This Evening...

I messed up tonight... I was hungry and I made myself a concoction of:
3 heaping tsps. cocoa powder 3 net carbs
9 splendas 9 carbs
about 6 tbsp. heavy cream 6 carbs or more....

It whipped up good and I ate it. I was wanting something else to eat and wanted chocolate.

I had tried to not eat anything and ate an egg but I was back in the kitchen and had the above....

I don't know what happened or why I did it but I guess it could have been much worse because I was wanting to go out to the GoMart and get a king size candy bar but I am glad I didn't!!!!

What do I do now just continue on with the program?

Barb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 00:47

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieJ925

Barb

Yes, carry on as though it had not happened. You did the right thing having the egg first. If you find yourself in a similar situation, have more than one egg, then if that does not fix it, more on-plan food - chicken wings, coconut oil, butter, if your plan does not have a limit on it
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 02:55

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Of course you continue on your program for better health. Read your Know Your Why list again. [Free downloadable .pdf Form 1...the others are good to have too. https://cookingketowithkristie.com/...nloadable-pdfs/ ]

As you said...it could have been much worse for your health if you binged on a sugary chocolate bar. Why the concept of "Fat Bombs" has become so popular in the Keto Diet websites. You can find hundreds of recipes, but here is one example: https://lowcarbyum.com/chocolate-pe...at-bomb-recipe/. Keep them in your freezer and have ONE when the chocolate cravings hit.
Of course, it is better to not eat anything, or a HB egg with mayo, but the option to have a "sweet" treat made with an acceptable natural sweetener is what has gotten many through the tough early days of going LC, switching your body from running on refined carbs to getting it to run on fat, mostly from your body!

I highly recommend Kristie Sullivan's videos and articles on DietDoctor how she finally, after dozens of diets and WLS, committed to a Ketogenic diet. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=470795 What she did when the craving for sweet overcame her was make a 3 Ingredient PB Cookie (there is a video for those) and Fat Bombs, her video explains how to use them: https://youtu.be/OgZ4Sfb6J1s

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Oct-22-18 at 04:21.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 07:55

Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
I messed up tonight...

Barb

As Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day. As Dory said, just keep swimming!

The worst thing to do is to use an occasional hiccup (we all have them) as an admission of failure and an excuse to give up.

Hang in there and keep going!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 07:58

BF:

I have saved all of the sites you gave me and I will read them. I think that I am not eating enough fat or something. Last night I was so hungry for something....

Thanks again for the wonderful information that you posted to me!

Barb
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 07:59

BF:

If you're of the mind, go to atkins.com, sign up for free and use their meal tracker. You can keep an eye on your calories, carbs, protein, fat, and fiber and keep them all in good ranges for you. I started using it a month or so ago and find it extremely helpful.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 08:20

Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Barb712 & Barbie, I have been using Atkins meal tracker since August when I started LC. I agree it really does keep you on track with all the nutritional numbers and especially carbs. I love the scan feature. It’s amazing to me how many foods is in their database.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 08:38

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

YOU DID WELL.

We all have hiccups as we learn this new way of eating, and learn how our body works. JUST DONT QUIT. I start each day like a new start.

Something triggered your need for food. Look back at what you are eating. ..... I have found that I do better to prevent this by eating more fat or protein at meals BEFORE that feeling hits. Once it hits I must eat. No option. My solution was to add more fat at my meals.

Not sure if this helps. But know you are not alone. We all have hiccups-- it is a learning moment.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 13:01

BF:

Thanks everyone for the good pointers! I am ready for the next hiccup!!! Praying there won't be anymore for a while.

I am going to have to learn to make the fat bombs! Once I get the stuff to do it with. I am running on a very thin budget so it will take a while to get my kitchen stocked up! I am buying things a little bit at a time.

Barb
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 13:04

BF:

Hi Ms Arielle, I also just wanted you to know that I read the book Change Your Brain Change Your Life by Dr. Daniel Amen. He is really fascinating! I am going to read some more books by him he really makes sense to me about my bipolar and such.

Barb
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 13:46

BF:

Barb, Can you do the food tracker on the computer or does it have to be done on the phone? My cell is messing up and won't hold a charge.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 14:16

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Hi Ms Arielle, I also just wanted you to know that I read the book Change Your Brain Change Your Life by Dr. Daniel Amen. He is really fascinating! I am going to read some more books by him he really makes sense to me about my bipolar and such.

Barb

I have read several ADD books and mone touch the root causes and offers real options like Dr Amen. Unfortunately I have not found a doctor around here that is worth while.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 14:46

BF:

I have a wonderful psychiatrist here. She really listens to me when I say something is wrong or such. She is very attentive.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-22-18, 15:24

BF:

Hey Barbie,

You can just go to www.atkins.com on your regular computer, sign up, and use the food tracker on the website which will be part of your free membership. You don't need a phone.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-03-18, 12:28

Stats: 329/323.2/225 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Is that a mess up? It was still pretty low carb - could have been much worse!