Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2251   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-19, 18:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hummmmmmm-

something is wonky with this site- I see I got a two post for one!!!! HHAHAHAHA

I'm here Lori!!!!-

Blue is sick-GET BETTER SOON- XOXOXOXOXO

I wonder if the site is acting up- just weird.
So happy it's 8pm and I am not charting!!!!!

Going to prop up feet and have a well deserved glass of wine.
Shrimp in my air fryer!!!!1- REALLY good!!!!!

Anyone seen Rocket man???-I really want to see it.

Going to relax....
Sponsored Links
  #2252   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-19, 02:53

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Up stupid early this morning. I was awake at 4AM, cat was at the foot of the bed and once she knew I was awake....oh yeah....might as well get up. I was feeling too hungry to sleep anyway. I get to eat today! Scale was not as kind as I'd hoped this morning, but not really surprised....I could feel some bloat.

Blue....so sorry that this bug has gotten hold of you. Lay low and take it easy until you feel better.

Jaz....the Green Chef teriyaki pork meat balls were delish! They send all the spices etc, so all I had to do was throw them together. Last night I made BBQ meatloaf....very good. They also had fresh broccoli & corn for the side. You just sauteed the broccoli and corn in olive oil with salt & pepper. I couldn't believe how tasty it was. There was only a small amount of corn and I gave most of it to DH. Something about the sweetness of the corn really added to the broccoli. Who would have thought it? It was truly the best broccoli I've ever made. I switched to the balanced menu instead of Keto, so I'm getting a few carbs in the meals. I give the potatoes, pasta or rice to DH and I just eat the protein and veg.

No Yoga today as our instructor is moving her daughter into her college dorm. They are having another type of yoga class, but I don't care for it, so I won't be going. I may just go for a nice walk later. I also have to work on my shoulder stretches today...I haven't been doing them regularly.

Trig & Nic.....hope all is well in your worlds.
  #2253   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-19, 04:08

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Blue you are so sick! Sounds like you got nailed by a biggie. ugh. Rest and more rest is key to it all and I hope you get over it fast now. Nothing worse than going down with those symptoms you wrote...yikes. fever and all. Sorry you feel so bad!

Lori, up stupid early I got up at 5:30 but I feel I could sleep more but like you, once up I am up!
You made a smart move getting the balanced meals and getting some carb sides in there for your DH. You can taste and then give it to him and you got your meal planned great.
I am right there with ya, I feel bloaty today also. All my sinus meds and too much salt for me.

Jaz, 2 for the price of 1...I got the same LOL
site is wonky a bit. who knows.

feet up, glass of wine and no work is a good way to spend the evening! I loved your report from last year on the day....what everyone was doing LOL....it also made me realize HOW fast time flies...wow

Nicco it will probably be tough to find that home on the market they want to share. You know when you are homing 2 families in a way and everyone does want their own space. Hope they hit something and it doesn't drive them batty looking for that specific home. It is good SIL has the personality to do it

Greg, HI post up when ya can

hey all
got heavy head. usual, nothing new but it slows me down. got that foggy can't think head right now. just stuffed. ear kinda clogging up and on sinus meds as usual. Luckily I ain't going down like Blue has gone down...wow...don't want no where near that mess! Poor Blue.

off to moms today
shop and hit the garbage dump for her

home to relax and not do much. few chores then my view of the world will be a tv...heehee...find a good movie and chill out. don't feel like doing much today at all

Oh....kid's first day high school. Good. Nothing dramatic at all. She likes it. Good classes and already got a 100 in World History quiz....yea day 3 and a quiz, she didn't like that but aced it LOL So entry into HS is nothing for her, all good.

She did come home yesterday and tell me she did not buy enough shirts and needs some more pants. Well DuH I told her that but she was tired. I think bra shopping wiped her out mentally HAHA and didn't get enough shirts to round it all out....I kept telling her to hit more stores for more things and she was like, done deal...I have enough, WELL NO ya don't .....so off to the North Lake Mall on Sunday. kill me please but she has Monday off for Labor Day.....she wants some more clothes so off we go. ugh. She WILL come home with enough, I can't do many more malls

Got Canada trip planned out. 7 days in Toronto area at a nice campground...only $60 per night with nice heated outdoor pool, a lot of green space to walk doggie etc...great sites......then 3 days in KOA at Niagra Falls to do the falls and a jet boat tour of the river. Sick thing is the KOA is $135 per night for a site...ugh...touristy areas are killers! So happy that is booked up for next July and done.

like I told Lori I am bloaty. tons of meds I am sucking down as usual and I was starved so I had a small cheeseburger but loaded that sucker with salt and then I grabbed a small handful of my kids salted pumpkin seeds when she was eating some and I am salted out. A lot of water for me

other than that all good, off I go
  #2254   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-19, 06:30

BF:

TGIF- At least for me! I am taking tomorrow off!!!!

I was amazed reading through a year ago what we were all doing! I too found it hard to believe how fast this year has gone and how much we have all done and the changes that have taken place, all in just a little over a year!

TRIG- Your trip sounds really great!!!! It is in July of next year? Sometimes those camp sites are book a year or TWO in advanced!!!!
Sorry your heard in stuffed up! When you take those meds you DO gain water weight! It is a side effect. It is not real weight. I still think you might want to look into one of those new fangled nettle pot devices. They have new one that you just stick on your face and it literally clears everything out!

Funny on the kiddo now not having enough clothes!You however picked a good weekend to shop. You should hit up some good sales coming your way!It will be interesting toes how you make out. I know that Old Navy is having a HUGE sale, so is Macy's. - Old Navy might be more her style.

Lori- I just HATE getting up before the sun unless I just HAVE to!!!!!- I would have crawled back into bed! So fun to hear what you are making with Green Leaf! I love me some good meatloaf!

You have a Yoga break, but you could fit a walk in!!! Do you have a treadmill at your house?

You have a trip coming up don't you?!?!?!?!?!- lucky duck you!

NiC- I know you have been super busy getting the family launched!
Hope you are well!!!

BLUE- - I am going to recommend turmeric and ginger. You can get it pill form now, and some Vita C !!!!! - I hope you do not have the Flu!!! - Fell better, chicken soup! Italso makes me feel better when I am half dead. You need it then!

Hey GREG- Post up!!!
----------------------------------------------------
Just getting ready for my "Friday"- Today is just 3 patients , but 3 hours of driving. I am hopeful though to get everything DONE by 5 and close this computer and go on Island time beginning at 5:01!!! GOAL

I want to see Rocket man tonight. I have always loved Elton John!Followed him for years. Such a great entertainer!!!!!!- I also loved the movie based on the true story of Eddie Mercury of Queen. That was a great movie as well. I love the old rock!!!!-
Ya can't take the rock outta the girl!!!!- I will be 80 in the nursing home jamming on Rolling Stones!!!!!!

I interviewed for that manager position. Such a bust! The requiter got my hopes and then I spoke to the hiring manager. She already has one of her own team in mind. not to mention that the hours TOTALLY suck, 3-11 PM with an hour drive home, and everything other weekend. Talk about NO life. I am in BED by 10-10:30. I would never make it.
Sticking with the devil I know for right now. If they let me go!!!! All the better!
I was told they were going to replace all the people that have quit. Yesterday I was told now they are not and I will be expected to cover most of the state. Yea right, and still make my quota. Not happening.

Remember those boundaries I have put up with my mom. Effective Tue when I go back to work- I am shutting the work down 5:30 even if I am not all the way done. If I get behind then they are going to have to give me a catch up day. I am setting work boundaries. I have to for my sanity.
I know that there will be push back- I don't care. My personal health is at steak. If they give me crap- they can write me up- meanwhile I will just bank money.

That is my solution until something else comes my way- it has to happen, and I will stand firm and draw the line. I might even put it politely in writing, that I have put in my 9 hours and expect work life balance, and I am not going to be working 12-14 or more hours a day anymore. Not healthy.

I feel pretty good today. no tummy troubles- it's TGIF day for me. The count down has begun.
I get my grass cut today and shrubs cut. That will be nice.

Sunshine again and temps in the high 80"'s I will take it! Blue skies - not a chem trail to be had!!!! HAHAHAHA-

Dinner......... I don't know yet. I am in a total food funk. I might pick up one of those food kits, if I can find a LC one. I am just not in the mood for same old same old. I am so over CARB garbage.

FOOD FUNK- I wonder if there is a book with that title.
Ok- let me get it done! The sooner I start, the sooner it's OVER!

Back later - busy weekend ahead.
  #2255   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-19, 07:20

BF:

Jazz so great you are taking a day off.

very very smart for work boundaries. I so get that. Any corp. will take and take til ya put on the brakes. What you are doing is not wrong. I am sorry that job was a bust but now ya know.....I hope they lay ya off in the Oct layoffs so you just hold tight!!

Do they work you must, don't give more to them and set boundaries. good move! You will be fine until Oct and see what goes down about layoffs and more.....just hold strong on it all you got this

food funk
that is when I must change up tastes.

I get the spices out to change it. Have to or I go bonkers

Also think sauces. Hollandaise, bernaise, garlic butter, alfredo sauce, then Cajun flavors, Mexican flavors, Italian flavors.....I can change any meats with flavors. Key for me to survive.

I tried all those pots and stuff for my sinus. Nothing works good, my usual stash of pills handles me most times LOL I know I gotta live with it mostly and I am cool with it til I hit the coastal zones and that nice salty air helps me a ton, so I am cool with what goes down on my stupid stuffy head right now LOL

off to get moving now…..mom called and said for me to come later, she is 'moving slow'....lol...yea at 91 you get that right to sure say it but I will get moving faster than she thinks, I have been ready to go since 7....now it is 9:30 and I am gonna get dressed and get moving.

oh well away I go
  #2256   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-19, 08:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, all!

Lori- I am loving how much you are enjoying Green Chef. You are almost convincing me to try it! Maybe I'll look over the website again. If not this year then maybe once DS17 has left. My interest in cooking has been taking a serious nosedive lately!

What a shame that you will now be forced to have facials and things in addition to your massage. The things we must do for proper healing!

Blue, oh dear, I am sorry you are so sick. I feel for you! Rest up as much as you need to!

OTOH, it sounds like you were very busy right before you went down hard. New possibilities in the air for you, you creative thing!

Jaz, your new bedding set sounds lovely and very calming in color. You will have to share a pic of your bed once you get it all set up! And get that TV set up too!

I completely agree with the you setting some parameters for how long you will work. I mean, it is one thing if you are having to chart for an hour or something, sort of like a teacher might need to do some grading or lesson planning or whatever, but they also finish their day by like 3 PM! You are working crazy long hours. I'm sorry the interview didn't go as you had hoped. There is still a possible job in the pipes from that person that you like though, right?

We saw Rocket Man. We liked it! It will definitely make you want to spin some Elton John for a while. My boys liked the soundtrack as much as the original Elton music.

Trig, Well aren't you the lucky one?! You get to go shopping again, your very favorite thing of all, and over a holiday weekend too! I know you are just overjoyed!!

The trip to Toronto and Niagara Falls sounds absolutely amazing. I haven't been to either place. NF would be a stop for me of about a day- BIL and SIL just were there a couple of weeks ago and said it was super touristy and that once you've seen it, you've seen it. I would be all over Toronto for sure!

You are so blessed that your Mom at 91 is in such good health and is still able to be so independent. Way to go, TrigMom!

Thanks for letting us know how DD's first week of HS is going. Sounds like she is rocking it for sure!

••••

I have definitely developed some later sleep habits this summer. Not unusual for me to sleep until 8 AM which used to be unheard of. Or wake up and then read in bed for a while. DS and I will BOTH be in shock with the alarm going off at 6:30 AM soon! Still, could be worse. I know Trig's kid is up earlier than that!

Wrenched my back out yesterday. It was so stupid too, no idea how it happened. I was happily vacuuming the family room carpet from something the dogs brought it and I just felt this pop/twang in my lower back. The back spasm was instantaneous.

I had to go in to work 1-4 yesterday so I used a cold pack from the therapy room for a while. Overall it was okay, I do fine in a supportive chair- it is standing and walking that really hurts. I do have a funny story to share though. So if you can picture it, leaving one of the dining areas (which is an open space) there is a short hallway that then goes and connects to the next open space (a pub etc.) It is not a long hallway nor is it overly narrow but it is more narrow than an open space. Anyway.. I got caught up in a herd of oldies - one man using a walker and a woman walking with him in front of me, and two people using walkers behind me. They are all shuffling along. Now picture me in the middle, sort of hunched over, also shuffling along! I fit right in to the herd! It was hysterical in my mind. I loved it!

Then last night DH and I met for dinner and a movie. I had bought the tickets already the night before. Dinner was good, I was famished and ate too much too fast though. The movie "The Farewell" was just all right. I gave it a 4/10. Thought provoking culturally etc but slow moving.

I'm supposed to do a CASA visit but will either do it tomorrow or over the weekend. I'm working 4-8 today and want to just chill and not go to a daycare!

Not too much else going on. I need to drop some weight. I am snoring a bit at night if I lay on my back and I can feel it- I feel more tired. I don't want to go back to using a cpap- it was great to give that sucker up! I know I don't feel as good as I want to and need to. Time to suck it up!
  #2257   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 03:48

BF:

Nicco, holy cow you had me cracking up.... …..trapped in a herd of oldies! With walkers! OMG I am picturing it and laughing big time on it

sorry on the back. hubby does that. the smallest move. Last back hurt as washing dishes, he twisted the smallest bit slightly hunched over the sink and boom. He got the pop/twang like you. That is just a nasty thing to hit doing something so normal. Glad you are feeling better, just give that back a bit of rest.

OMG I am SO like you. I am up at 5:30. I get up so early on my own, the minute I am dictated by a darn alarm I freak out and it drives me batty in the mornings. I could have slept big time this morning!!! I wanted to roll over and snooze another hr at least but NOOOOOooooo, I have school ya know! I so get ya!

Ut oh, cpap or lose some weight....take the weight loss LOL too bad you are feeling it now. I realize with some of those lbs I put back on when I 'quit smoking' f'd me up for sure. I can't get them off and I can't get truly into the game of weight loss again....game or I guess should say I can't make my food plan into a weight loss plan. ugh. I hear ya and right there with ya.
We will overcome tho

Yea I did Niagra way back in the day with my family on vacay. I was like 9-10 or so and I knew it was boring. You see it, boom done. But this time we are doing a jet boat tour one day and the falls and sightsee BS stuff around the other and then outta there. Very touristy. Tons of traffic in the area they said, go 5 miles is like 1/2 hr drive LOL but I hope Toronto is good, been doing my 'what to do and see in Toronto' research and there is a lot so...should be a good trip kiddo wants so bad to 'go to another country' so I choose Canada beats plane tickets and hotels...ugh...I so only want to rv anymore.

one big rv trip is to go thru Mexico and drive thru to Costa Rico. been researching that and the car ins. papers and more are nasty LOL but kinda been looking into it as an exotic future rv trip

Hey all
nothing much

today is dog to groomer at 8 am

lawyer appt at 10

home to do nothing, nah, have to get the pool handled...thinking of closing it now cause nights are way more cold now and the heat gets sapped from the pool fast. the water is actually on the chilly side even if it was 87 today....a COOL 87 with cool wind. I can feel the good heat gone from our days, I can feel the nip coming. bleck. oh well, it is refreshing but I already am getting that pang of missing big heat summer.

I am freaking tired typing this

Kid came home yesterday with a pizza from Pizza Hut. Thank goodness I HATE Pizza Hut so while it was loaded with pepperoni, I had 0 desire to eat even a bite. Yuk. But she was so thrilled to walk thru the door with that pizza, they sell them at school....she 'brought home the food and fed us' and she was like all grown up and it was funny.....she ate 2 slices and went to bed at 4 or so and saw her again at 10 at night....then I let her stay up for an hr, back to bed at 11...she IS SO tired from school it is crazy.....heehee, join the real world kid She will sleep all of Sat away I am sure.

food today is shrimp later
with broth and tuna/mayo later when wanted.

woke up not hungry mode so will see if I eat low or get hankerings, will play by ear but need alot of water....been skipping on drinking good water.
always something right?

great day all
  #2258   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 04:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Feeling blah this morning and ready for my "diet" day. Yesterday I didn't plan my eating well and just went from one thing to the other with nothing really being what I wanted. That was a mistake and will make today's low calorie day much harder. Sigh..... Scale may be down a wee bit this week. I guess I just have to be patient. I'd be happier if I could lose 20 lbs in a week!

Yesterday I was working on some new stretches for my shoulder and I have it a bit sore. Probably not the best idea since I have a Chiro appt today. She'll be stretching it, that's for sure.

I sat here all day yesterday, except for a trip to the grocery store. I really need to get out for a walk today. Yesterday was so beautiful and I wasted it. My stomach was not feeling great yesterday and still feeling off today....that was my excuse for being lazy. No more excuses!

Speaking of the grocery store, our local Giant started a service where you can order online and then go pick it up. I guess they will eventually have delivery. I really don't need the service, being retired and all, but they sent me an email with a code for 50% off an order of up to $60 if I used the shopping service with no extra fees. How could I pass that up? So, I went online yesterday morning early and picked all my items and arranged to pick it up at 10. There is a designated area to park with signs that have the phone number to call to "announce your arrival". The girl answered and said she'd be right out. It was kind of cool. Anyway, over $60 of groceries for $30 and I never had to go into the store! Score!

This afternoon DH has asked me to come with him for a meeting at his elderly cousin's house. The meeting is with a bank representative about her $$. She has some CD's that she needs to cash to help pay her living expenses etc. She is 90 and is really starting to need some help keeping things straight. She is fiercely independent and wants to do it herself, but push has come to shove. DH just wants me to be there so we have a better understanding of where things stand since he is her Power of Attorney and will need to know what's going on one day soon. Not something we're looking forward to for sure.

-------

Nic...I can just picture you shuffling along caught in the middle of the "herd". It's funny to picture, but I sure am sorry your back is hurting. I hope it's feeling better today.

Trig...hope you had a good day with your Mom. Did you take her out to do some shopping?

Jaz.....Your long weekend has begun!! I'm so glad you're going to set work boundaries. You just have to! How on earth do they expect you to cover the whole state? That is just crazy. I hope you have a great weekend....do you think you'll get a lot of rain from the hurricane next week?

Blue....hope you're starting to feel better. What a way to end your summer.

Ok....time for more coffee. I'm ready for DH to leave for work. He is talking, talking, talking this morning! OY! I don't know who wound him up this morning!

Later!
  #2259   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 04:47

BF:

Lori very cool on that delivery to the curb service at your grocery and a 50% OFF deal....oh heck yea you saved great on that!
I would have cashed that deal also....cool

Yea you guys need to be there for her on bank stuff. My bro Rich handles all of mom's lawyers, banking etc. She wanted me to be executor but Rich is so good with spreadsheets and more and he is into it, while I am not into it at all, so I said let Rich do it and he said fine. ALSO it is a ton of work being someone's 'handler' of insurances, banking, bonds, and all. Mom gets confused also but she sure as heck knows how much money she has at all times LOL she just don't know where it is anymore HA

Yea hit mom and we hit the grocery. I scored a great deal on toilet paper. grabbed a lot of it, seems kiddo goes thru it like lightening and hubby blows his nose all the time with it....it flies outta here so got a lot in the pantry now.

mom rediscovered Cheez-Its. They now come in that little cup package....just her size. 2 servings in it....I said for THAT price you can get a full box on sale right now and have a ton of cheez its for lower cost and she said the box is too big, she would never finish it, the little cup is just right omg ya know....this is the high mental brain conversations we have ya know HeeHee
  #2260   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 07:18

BF:

Trig- I loved your chatty posts this morning. You make me smile, you really do. DS20 and I went to Montreal and Quebec City last summer and it was a fantastic trip. Not only was it going to 'another country' but it is a French speaking area so that made it even more exciting. We absolutely felt like we were on a mini trip to Europe. Your DD is going to make you push those travel boundaries and you are a good mama for being willing to go there with her! Travel is IMO one of the best gifts we can give to our kids.

I agree that in the cold dark days we will miss summer but I am loving these cooler evenings! We have a bit of warmth coming back the next few days (highs in the mid to upper 80s) and then I think things settle into low 80s and upper 70s for highs. My favorite weather! Of course I need to see what freaking clothes fit. Grrr!

How sweet DD brought dinner home. I actually love a thin and crispy Pizza Hut pizza- pepperoni, mushroom and onion. The crust has to be super thin though, more like a cracker really.

Lori- I haven't used that grocery pick up service but I know they have it here also and folks do use it. I would have for a coupon like that!

How is your sister? Do you have any trips planned to see her again any time soon? I wish my brother was close enough that I could go see him that easily! I would do it.

I hope the $$ meeting goes well. It does get really complicated as people get older.

Blue- I hope you are starting to turn a corner into feeling better.

Jaz- Happy FRIYAY!!!

••••••

Hi all-

Doing a late CASA visit today. I'm going to try to hit their lunchtime bc I'm still an invalid and can't really pick up kids or do much with them today. This way I can more of a passive observer. When I go the kids swarm me like a rock star.

Worked the busy desk yesterday and man it is busy! During the four hour shift I got away to pee once (and you guys know that I like to get my potty time!), never got to eat or anything else (luckily I can stretch fairly well!) and basically worked my booty off. I forgot to take anything for my back and about three hours in I was feeling it big time. Took two Advil and that helped a bit. Got home and it was too late to eat anything (about 8:30 PM) so I ended up just fasting from 2 pm until this morning.

Have you guys heard of Chaffles? They are taking the LC world by storm. Basically a cheese/egg combo that makes a waffle type thing you can use for bread or whatever. People are absolutely nuts over them. I've made plain chaffles a couple of times now- yesterday I made a breakfast sandwich using them. It's fine but nothing to write home about. There are an insane number of recipes for them though, savory and sweet both, and they are fast and easy to make.

I'm working my way through the chicken bacon ranch casserole I made earlier in the week. No one else will touch it.

Not much else going on today. Got a load of laundry going and have some classwork I need to do. CASA visit. DS17 comes home today at some time. He's driving himself so I have no idea when.

Ravens have won all four of their preseason games, and look pretty good. They always look good this early on in the season though.

That's about it from me!
  #2261   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 10:04

BF:

Off to the lake with the neighbors!!!!- I am not sure I will do the boating thing!!!!!

I might just sip wine by the pool. Yup more my speed.

I am really hot today- (yea I know I look awesome, HAHAH) No O mean Temp hot. Started SWEATING last night and have not stopped. It is not even that hot here. It is only 88, compared to what we have been running a cool front. I just can't keep cool, sweating!!!! it feels like a hot flash that is lasting for hours!!!!

It has been a minute since I have had a hot flash.

I will be back!!!!

I loved the chatty on here last night this morning !!!!!
  #2262   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 11:09

BF:

Have a great time, Jaz. Strange about the hot flash going on and on. I hope you have a nice cool time in the pool.

My day today has been sort of a fail. Left late to do my visit and then traffic was HORRENDOUS both ways - I guess early travelers for the long weekend or something? Took me a good 45 minutes each way to and from. Kids were napping by the time I got there, so I used to time to conference with the teachers about how they are doing.

Then I stopped at the bank on the way home to deposit my paychecks only to realize I had been driving around without my wallet, which apparently has been in my other purse since Wednesday night. Great! Good thing I hadn't been in an accident or something. So I just came on home.

Warm today here also- about 90º. Thinking it is summer's last gasp but who knows.
  #2263   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 12:12

BF:

Have a great day Jaz!!!

Nic...DSis & I are going to Virginia Beach for 4 days in September. In 3 weeks, to be exact. We are both so anxious. Our VA Beach time is special to us. We've gone several times and always enjoy it. We like to go in September when the kids are back in school.

I'm assuming you could make the Chaffles in pancake form? I don't have a waffle iron, so that would be the only option for me. I may look into it.

Trig....cool on you planning your northbound trip for next summer. I've done the Niagara Falls thing a couple times and I really don't need to go again. It is very awesome to see....but once you see it? Eh. Too many people for sure. When we took our kids when they were little, we had a great time riding the Maid of the Mist and doing the Cave of the Winds walk behind the falls. Our son was only about 6 and he giggled the whole time while on the Maid of the Mist. Of course, he had to stand at the front where he could get good and wet, despite wearing the rain poncho that they provide. Good times.

I went out at 7:30 this morning and got my run/walk in. It was very nice. People who are out and about early in the morning are very friendly. Lots of Good Mornings and smiles.

I had a good Chiro appt. and she scolded me for trying to do too much with my stretching. She knows I'm an over achiever. She feels we are making good progress(as do I), and wants me to just be patient. Not my strong suit.

Finance meeting was cancelled, so we'll deal with that mess at another time.

Later!
  #2264   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-19, 14:47

BF:

Me again!

Just had to tell you about my latest LCarb, LCal find. Maybe you all know about it, but it is new to me. It is called Palmini. It is "pasta" made from Hearts of Palm. Brilliant! I love hearts of palm, so the texture and taste right out of the can doesn't bother me. They say to rinse it in a colander to get the brine off of it and then heat it and top it with your favorite sauce. OMG....I put a can of Rotel tomatoes & some plain tomato sauce on it plus spices and it was delish! Once it was rinsed, it did not have any smell or taste. I ate just about half the can which is 30 calories and like 3 or 4 net carbs, plus the little bit of tomato. Perfect for my "diet" days when I have to stick to 500 calories or less.

I ordered it from Amazon and it is a bit pricey, but it's not something I'll eat every day.

This ends your public service announcement.
  #2265   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-19, 06:13

BF:

LORI- LOVED your "public service announcement" How many carbs are in the "pasta"?
I am so glad you have a gal working on your shoulder!!!!- Sounds like you are having a relaxing weekend!!!!! I love those weekends!!

Trig-
- So is today clothes shopping?!?!?- I read in your last post that you took your pooch to the groomer! How often do you groom your pup? He seems to get groomed a bit. It is just a bath? I would think a dog that small you toss him into a tub and you are done.
That is what I do with Bella- Although I do have someone do her nails.

I hear ya on changing up tastes with spices. That is a good idea!!!!

NIC-
Your back still bothering you? You did crack me up with feeling you fit in with the oldies heard!!!!
I have not heard of Chaffles. They are made with eggs? in a waffle maker? Hummmmm- that doesn't sound good to me. I would take a pass on that!
Oh girl- sorry about your day sitting in traffic to have nothing productive happen! I sure get that. I hate traffic!!!!
What are you doing the rest of your weekend?

BLUE
- Hope you are feeling better. I know if you have flu, it can pull you down fast. I hope you are feeling better.

Hey GREG!!- Time to post!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday was a blast from top to bottom.
So this house we went to was stunning. I am usually not phased by rich people. They put their pants on the same way I do. But the mega rich- I just can't even fathom that type of life style.

So my neighbors brother is mega wealthy. Has homes all over the world, travels all over the world, and is just used to only the finest. I am not used to the yacht lifestyle. (yup- it was sitting on the slip) I actually got on the boat and was ready to go for a spin when my ride was ready to leave! -
Anyway, So I was supposed to go to Greenville today but both kids and the SIL are sick so they are postponing the outing.
So my neighbor ask me to come back to the actual party today. Yesterday was setting up tables and decorating- today is the party. I am not going to go boating today.

I might sit by the pool and dangle my feet in like I did yesterday. I am driving separately because I am not staying late like they are.

So after I got home from the lake house I freshened up and then went out to hear the BaHA boys band at the square. They were having a dog event too! All the humane societies brought tons of dogs and were adopting them out.
I did see a little puppy I was thinking about. But the timing is not right for me at this point. I need to know what I am doing!
But it was fun. I met a guy there, who seems very nice. He teaches music at a high school and also repairs musical instruments. He is into the wind instruments. We chatted up a bit- then I was ready to leave and he ask me if I would hang out a bit longer.

I think he is late 50's- maybe 60. That seems so old to write that out- until I write out 54.......... HAHAHAHAHAHAH- Boy I sure don't FEEL mid 50's!!!!!! How did THAT happen????

Tomorrow I am playing catch up with stuff I need to get done here.
I will be cutting out of the party early and will be home tonight. I am hoping to catch that movie Rocket Man! NIC - glad you gave it a thumbs up!

The heat is coming back, so is the humidity!!!!- it is expected to hit 98 by mid week- TRIG you should be doing the happy dance!
I was liking it slightly cooler. That was short lived!!!!

I do ok on my "diet" yesterday and will be ok today too. Yesterday I had shrimp that was SO good at the lake house. They had food catered in for lunch- I skipped the pasta.

Today is burgers, ANGUS burgers, and tons a water. I am not going to be having wine out in the hot sun. I had a couple yesterday in the heat and it gave me a headache. I will take a pass on that! I am going to take a pitcher of my hibiscus tea! I love that stuff, very refreshing on a hot day.

Got my grass cut. My lawn guy was supped to have cut it last Tue- it was SO long! Then he just quit. Leaving myself and several people in my subdivision in a lurch. So as I was out yesterday getting a gift for my neighbors mom- I saw a truck with "lawn service" and equipment on the back. Anyway I offered them 30 bucks to just cut it.
That is a bit pricy for my size lawn. But I don't like yard work and I just wanted it done.

I am going to hang a sign on the mailbox area to see if there is a kid in the area that wants to make a few dollars.

Not much else. Busy weekend- Tomorrow I will clean and laundry. Monday I am going to toss some steaks on the grill. My mom stated she and her husband would drop by for a few hours. That is fine. They are in my house. I think she feels bad for how she acted out a few weeks ago. She got the message loud and clear when I would not even see her on her birthday.
Family drama- over it.

Ok all got to find something that fits and get outta here!!!!- time is flying!
Have a good one all!!!
Closed Thread