Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

After further investigation pertaining to this very matter- I agree with you. I asked Lyle McDonald-

"You say that the amount of fat-loss in regards to the 'SKD', 'TKD', and 'CKD' will be similar in a given amount of time (lets say 12 weeks). How is this so? On a TKD, one will be in ketosis much longer than someone on a CKD (I'm on a TKD right now and never leave ketosis despite the pre-workout carbohydrates. This is probably due in part to the fact I do not consume post-workout carbohydrates). Also, you do not have to worry about fat spilling over on a TKD; which can occur at some point or another on a CKD."

He said- "Ultimately you're looking at competing rate processes for each approach. With teh SKD, you don't have any risk of spillover, you'r always hypocaloric, but you get metabolic adaptation over time. With CKD, you bump leptin (meaning the diet works better overall) but you risk spillover to fat cells.With TKD, you don't risk spilover, but you don't raise leptin as much. Over the long term, it seems to more or less balance out."
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 04:32

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default nice

Good call Zeus ... go to the source. LOL.

As for mapping out "the perfect carb-up", I will work on that. Give me some time, and it will appear.

Fern is going away next week, so I should have plenty of time to do it ...
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-02, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%
Thumbs up 'Perfect carb-up'...

Quote:
As for mapping out "the perfect carb-up", I will work on that. Give me some time, and it will appear.

-If you do devise a 'perfect carb-up'- I will gladly be the 'guinea pig' for it. I will be willing to follow it to the 'T' (even if it does mean waking up every few hours during the night- if that's what it takes). Please tell me there's going to be some 'Cinnamon Toast Crunch' in this 'perfect carb-up' somewhere (can't blame a guy for trying ).
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 23:11

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%
Default Re: true

Quote:
Originally posted by Trainerdan

Since last year at this time (following a bulk-and-cut), I have added 17.3 lbs. lean mass, and lost 5 lbs. of fat. So, I have become bigger and leaner .... again, when the final results are in at the end of August I wil have a clearer picture.

17.3 lbs. of lean mass?!?! And this is without juego, or course, right? Jeeze, I am looking to gain weight on this, since it is anti-catabolic in nature, this is perfect for bodybuilders who constants have to worry about nitrogen balances, this can get annoying people think you are weird when you are like checking your watch for different time to eat. So since this raises testosterone also, which I could tell in the first week, and controls insulin, this is perfect to gain mass for natural athlete.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 14:29
Registered Member

Plan: B/O & ULTIMATE DIET
Stats: 205/185/180
BF:10%
Progress: 80%

Fern said it. Its called control. Just do it right and then you cant complain about carbing up!!!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 15:06

Default yep

Quote:
17.3 lbs. of lean mass?!?! And this is without juego, or course, right?

All natural baby! I'm supplement city, but it's natural. Well, depending on who's definition of natural you take, but I didn't take anything that you can't walk into a supplement or drug store and get. I will admit to taking Animal Stack, which is a pro-hormone. Fire away, I can take it. And the added mass.

I bulk-and-cut (which is a touchy subject I know ... but it works for me).

So, from last year at this time when I was 205 at ~ 10%, I then blew myself up to 238 at ~ 16%.

Then I started to clean it up, slid into the CKD, and now am resting at 220ish ~ 9% ... with 4 weeks or so to go to get that bf% down a point or two before sliding into another mass cycle.

After all that, at this point I am well ahead of the game ...

Hmmm ... now that I crunch those numbers again I must have miscalculated or rounded wrong last time.

Lowest bodyfat ever, damn the cost (Summer 2000): 190 lbs at 7% = 177 lean, 13 fat. Yes, I looked like a starvation victim, but of course no one told me that at the time. Friends are great. This was pre-Fern ... She would have set me straight.

Last year at this time (Summer 2001) : 205 lbs at 13% = 178.5 lean, 26.5 fat. that's what happens when you drop calories too low and mess up your metabolism.

Let it be a lesson to those who think going well below AMR will be good for them. Temporarily maybe, but the other shoe has to drop sometime.

After bulking (mid-January 2002) : 236 lbs. at 16% = 198 lean, 38 fat

Current/CKD (Summer 2002) : 220 lbs. at 9% = 200 lean, 20 fat

Quote:
Just do it right and then you cant complain about carbing up!!!

Amen.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 16:08

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Dan,

Wow!

Just.... wow.

Cheers,

Friday
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/want to do CKD
Stats: 278/278/220
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default WOW

Gotta say Dan, that is quite good

So did you like the Animal Stak? I am all about supplementation.

I'm not affraid of pro-hormones and am willing to take them to pack on the muscle.

I have to say, you may just be my newest role model.

Do you have any other pics of your progress besides the few I've seen on here?
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 23:08

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%
Default Re: yep

Quote:

So, from last year at this time when I was 205 at ~ 10%, I then blew myself up to 238 at ~ 16%.

HA! Cool, I would have loved to seen you when you were 238 ~ 16%. This would have been a riot indeed. Did people ask you if you were on any football teams or anything?
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 04:57

Default LOL

I like Animal Stak. It has everything you need in it, including ephedrine, so don't take your own before training.

The only pics I post (or take) of myself is when I am pretty lean. I don't actually LIKE the way I look at 16%, but I do what needs to be done.

This year, I think, will be the last year I try bulk-and-cut. I have a bulk coming up in Sept and running to January. My goal is to hit 250 at no more than 15%, then clean it up by the end of next summer.

If all goes right, I should be a tight 230, hopefully at 9%. I'll take pics and bf% at the 10's. (230, 240 and 250) and post them.

As for football team comments, I haven't gotten any. But when Fern and I go out together to eat, we usually catch alot of looks form people at tables, and sometimes we hear talk. It's mostly about Fern since she's so damn sexy and has more legs than a bucket of chicken ... sometimes it's about our height (She's 6'2" and I am 6'3") though.

I get bodyguard comments once in a while. My brother keeps telling me how small I am though. LOL. Old men tell me that they "used to have a body just like that when I was your age when I played football". I mean, alot of them tell me that. Not that I am huge, but that must have been one big ass football team back in the 40's. LOL.

I wonder if Coleman and Cutler have to hear this stuff even at their EXTREME size. LOL. Not that I ever want to look like that. Too big.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 12:23

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Default Re: LOL

Quote:
But when Fern and I go out together to eat, we usually catch alot of looks form people at tables, and sometimes we hear talk. It's mostly about Fern since she's so damn sexy and has more legs than a bucket of chicken ... sometimes it's about our height (She's 6'2" and I am 6'3") though.

Last time I looked I only had 2 legs......