Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 13:14

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
When I moved out on my own, my stress levels dropped like a rock in a pond, and I got a grip on my eating disorder in just a few months. I didn't have the stress, my brain was calmer all by itself, and this let me take steps away from it.
and that is very interesting, because one way to rewire brain chemistry after a life of crisis and substance use is to remove the sources of crisis. Which you could do by moving.

I was in an eating disorder forum once and we did an informal poll- 100% of the people there had high ACE scores and malnutrition BEFORE the eating disorders. I think the body re-regulates brain chemistry in response to the yucky environment first, thus making the person more susceptible to the drug effects of drug-like foods - and then of course the destructive foods keep the spiral going.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 14:58

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

With my experience, and subsequent research, I have come to view stress in a whole new way. Planning a book on it, as a matter of fact.

Once upon a time, mental hospitals were all about taking stress off people. I think they were on the right track.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 15:32

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'm happy to find out this is likely a brain issue rather than me just being stupid. And as for stress - yep - it's higher than normal right now. We're just starting my first ever house remodel.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 15:50

BF:

Remodel! what fun.. But, I know what you mean about the stress. Disorder every where you look for a while
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 15:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
With my experience, and subsequent research, I have come to view stress in a whole new way. Planning a book on it, as a matter of fact.

Once upon a time, mental hospitals were all about taking stress off people. I think they were on the right track.
Yes i always thought that "rest cure" from old-fashioned novels sounded fabulous. Lounge on the deck all day.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 16:21

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
Remodel! what fun.. But, I know what you mean about the stress. Disorder every where you look for a while

There isn't even any disorder yet - we're still in the deciding details stage. I'm just not good at making decisions. Better than I used to be, tho - often when we went out to eat I'd read thru the menu, then ask my husband what I should order. It's just that so many things looked equally good. And that's the problem I'm having now. At least the budget is putting some limits on choices.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 18:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Bonnie, I know your pain. I have the money, I even have all the appliances and the sink and faucet. And have yet to call any of the three contractors I want to give us quotes for a relatively small kitchen reno.

Why? Who the heck knows? But I'll do it when the deciding mechanism in my crazy brain says DO IT, for pity's sake.