Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 10:04

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

oh yea JO you sure haven't cheated 147 days!!!!!! definitely fix that number

well Dr A said drop processed things. While pepperoni has no carbs it is processed with extra sodium etc and I have dropped it for now. I can eat pepp. with no problems but it isn't wanted in the losing stage. Pepp. is a good travel snack for me later down the line or hiking. (but only back in at goal time!)

I understand. You really are truly content with your food. If that is the case then to experiment and possibly take you into carbage land is crazy. If you are happy with your meals, then that is it! Done deal.

but like you say you have that option to change later if wanted.
any way you see fit!

Yea Bonny left at a critical time. I wonder how she is doing? gained back or was actually increasing carbs and doing well on maintaining? thing is we will never know unless she pops back in and tells us.

THAT IS WHY I admire you truly for hanging here. I know you DO IT for yourself also---accountability etc., but it also throws us a wonderful example all the time on what it takes to maintain and do well.

I am thankful you do not leave this thread.

Bonny was experimenting in maintenance like some of us want to do and left. No example to help us now but it is what it is about how others hang or not on forums.

Bernie is not swaying and neither is DE---I think I might be the one who experiments a bit. but believe me IF I DO it will be very very slight. Add in things like mushrooms that do not make me crave anything but I love the taste with steak.

well....will be interesting to see how we all progress over this New Year. New Year to change ourselves more toward the better still!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Quick drive by post to stay subscribed to this thread.

Thanks for being here, guys!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 12:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
oh yea JO you sure haven't cheated 147 days!!!!!! definitely fix that number
Yeppers, I did fix it because it really didn't show how many days I had 100% OP!
Quote:
well Dr A said drop processed things. While pepperoni has no carbs it is processed with extra sodium etc and I have dropped it for now. I can eat pepp. with no problems but it isn't wanted in the losing stage. Pepp. is a good travel snack for me later down the line or hiking. (but only back in at goal time!)
Actually he says:
Diet Revolution 1972 pg 138
Quote:
Any kind of meat in any quantity—except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged “cold cuts”.
I think he was concerned with the "fillers" that are usually carb-laden, eh?
Quote:
I understand. You really are truly content with your food. If that is the case then to experiment and possibly take you into carbage land is crazy. If you are happy with your meals, then that is it! Done deal.

but like you say you have that option to change later if wanted.
any way you see fit!
Exactly, Karen. I am rather happy with what I eat now, I don't feel like I want any thing different right now!
Quote:
Yea Bonny left at a critical time. I wonder how she is doing? gained back or was actually increasing carbs and doing well on maintaining? thing is we will never know unless she pops back in and tells us.
Would be very nice if she did pop back in to tell us she is still maintaining her impressive weight loss!
Quote:
THAT IS WHY I admire you truly for hanging here. I know you DO IT for yourself also---accountability etc., but it also throws us a wonderful example all the time on what it takes to maintain and do well.
I stick around for lots of reasons. 1) All the great Warrior friends I have met here is a big PLUS. 2) This place keeps me accountable, motivated and inspired! and 3) I also think it's important to show that our incredible LC WOE can help us reach our goal weight, but more IMPORTANTLY that we can keep the weight off and it is sustainable! Hopefully it will inspire others to stick 100% OP so that they TOO can get the great results we have!
Quote:
I am thankful you do not leave this thread.
I plan to be around!
Quote:
Bonny was experimenting in maintenance like some of us want to do and left. No example to help us now but it is what it is about how others hang or not on forums.

Bernie is not swaying and neither is DE---I think I might be the one who experiments a bit. but believe me IF I DO it will be very very slight. Add in things like mushrooms that do not make me crave anything but I love the taste with steak.
Then you will have to be that example for the rest of the Warriors that want to add more "good" carbs to this LC WOE!

You can be a resident mad carb scientist!
Quote:
well....will be interesting to see how we all progress over this New Year. New Year to change ourselves more toward the better still!
Surely by this time next year, ever single Warrior would have made their desired goal weight and working on their MIM (Masters in Maintenance) with Berni and me!

We will be Warrior members of TEAM 5%!
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 12:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
Quick drive by post to stay subscribed to this thread.

Thanks for being here, guys!
Good to see you, MS, drive-by or not!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 13:13
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Okey dokey, I was re-reading the 1st page of this thread and decided to redo the first link about Dr. Atkins DR '72 and all the information there.

I also wanted to add much needed page number references, so here's the finished results. I can always edit this since I have the original and its hosted on my website. It's a pdf for those that want to save as an e-file or print a hard copy!

Induction Rules, Foods List, DR No No's & Other Notes

And I tinkered again with our philosophy statement, so now it says:

We call ourselves "Hard Core" because we are a group of like-minded people with the same philosophy about losing weight.
We are following A '72 Induction until we reach our GOAL WEIGHT without CHEATING!
Some of us will remain at Induction level carbs even in maintenance because we are that carb sensitive!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Dec-29-15 at 17:32. Reason: Fixin' Flippin' TYPOS! Pffffffffffffft!!
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 20:09

Plan: Keto Low Carb
Stats: 317/280/200 Male 66 Inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Today makes eight (8) days straight with Zero Carbs. Feeling great.

My weight seems to be on a plateau and my keto sticks show only a small amount of ketones.

Maybe I need to cut the protein some and increase my fats. Finding ways to increase fats and still maintain zero carbs is a challenge for me that I will overcome.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

Due to a suggestion from Jo I am adding the number of continuous days on plan with no cheats to my signature.
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 20:49
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS '72
Stats: 234/182/160 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 70%

As a newbie who has gone back to Atkins '72 (as of yesterday) I am so grateful and appreciative for all you Warriors who post such incredible advice to each other which has greatly affected/benefited me as I work towards my weight loss goals. A huge thank you to all of you!!

I can so related to the carb-creep!!! Every single time I think I can up my carbs the cravings start and the simplicity of what the Atkins WOE/WOL can be gets lost unnecessarily.

Day 2 is almost done for me. No cheats AND no desire to cheat.

Karrie
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 21:20

BF:

Larry you need to read about ketone strips. just cause you don't see what you want doesn't mean much in reality. the body disposes of ketones in a few ways and not always on your stick. I had great info on it but heck I can't remember where I saw it but will look. congrats on ZC, I love it also
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 23:42

Plan: Atkins 72'
Stats: 329.4/254.0/179.4 Female 5'10"
BF:hmm..too much ;)
Progress: 50%

Hi Everyone,

I did plan on getting back on...I promise, but we had company when we got back from exercising so that flew out the window, lol.

Anyway, today was a great day. We exercised again, visited with some family that was in for the Holidays, and just relaxed. I'm back down 1.2 of the 2 lb gain I had from last week, that is always a good thing. Ready to see that new decade.

Jo: Thanks for the welcome back. I am trying my best to get my Aunt to see what a great area this is, so praying that she does agree to live with us, at least until her place sells.
As far as an Induction lifer...probably what I will have to do too. I am so much better at abstaining than moderation.

Bernie: Congrats on your new Grand Daughter what a blessing. So glad both are doing well! And you have made your goal weight so happy for you!

Karen: Love your infectious enthusiasm!

DD1: Hi, I think you are new since I have been on and off the forum for this month. Hope you enjoy this group as much as I have.

Karrie: Hi and welcome...you will find such generous and great folk in this group.

BigJoe: I keep up with you on a couple of groups, you lost 4 lbs this month. Great job!

Did I miss something? I haven't seen Dale post in a long time.

Larry: You are doing so well, keep up the great work.

Delaney: You are sooo close to your goal weight. I know you will be at it any time now.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 05:52

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good Wednesday Morning Hard Core Warriors,

It is still crazy for me. I am working and have the grandkiddies full time😜👍. My DD and baby Makayla will be home Tommorrow AM. 🎊🎉💃🎊🎉💃. I am 100% on plan bring my tote bag cooler with my tuna, olive oil spray and salad greens. I also have egg white powder or the container of egg whites if I want to make an omelet in a cup😀. So it is all good. Learned 22 months ago to always have my emergency tote packed and in the car. A win win safe a fortune on food and stay on plan.

Tam- Good to see you back, so glad Aunt is with you!
Larry- Congrats on zero carb life going strong!
Karen- great thought provoking posts! Right you are not changing a thing here carb addict for life!
Jo- your wisdom is so important to me in my daily journey! Luv the Dr. A no no's
Karrie- Welcome HCA-72 if followed 100% on plan will provide transformational results for mind, body and soul!

Take care my fellow warriors, and have a wonderful day!
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:05

BF:

Tam, what kind of exercising are you doing?

Bernie, I knew I pegged you SO right when I said you are not going anywhere on that carb ladder

Makayla---beautiful name!!!! I bet your household is flopping around all crazy like cause of the new addition, all will settle down as we all know. smart lady with her LC tote pack! believe me I am a LC cooler gal now

----morning all
DOWN .5----wee, its been a bit. I corral'd up my calories a bit and got a result. yes it is my calories. they must go down a bit and when they do I see results. OK world, I get it

doing well and sitting here typing and a BIG OLD blast of thunder came and shook the house. hmmm....gonna be a icky day.

Grandma coming to take kiddo out to dinner and hubby and I are going to see movie Star Wars for our anniversary. Dec 22 but we always do something after cause it is too crazy with Xmas I told him no popcorn and he said fine! YEA I don't even have to sit near it, WEEEeeee.

Getting ready to pour so have to feed the livestock before I get caught in a big storm out there............

keeping food very simple and easy today and on the lighter side!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:08

BF:

Larry ---this is the info I was remembering....

From "Ketopia"
First off, we need to understand what ketostix actually measure, and more importantly, what they don’t. Generally speaking, ketostix measure excess ketones in your urine. They are considered excess, because they are removed from your serum and shunted to your urine by your kidneys. Their caloric content is thereby wasted.
Of the three types of ketones (acetate, acetoacetate, and beta-hydroxybutyrate) produced by your body, ketostix only measure acetoacetate.

This is extremely important to understand, because it turns out that your body produces different quantities of these different types of ketones depending on how long you’ve been in ketosis. If you’ve been in ketosis for a while, you’re going to see a reduction in the “intensity” of what you register on your ketostix for two reasons:

A change in the relative volume of the ketones produced/present in your body
A reduction in the volume of ketones in your urine as your kidneys reduce the amount they secrete

----Larry if you are ZC believe me you are in a deep keto adapted body!
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:10
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H
Today makes eight (8) days straight with Zero Carbs. Feeling great.
Excellent!
Quote:
My weight seems to be on a plateau and my keto sticks show only a small amount of ketones.

Maybe I need to cut the protein some and increase my fats. Finding ways to increase fats and still maintain zero carbs is a challenge for me that I will overcome.

Any and all ideas are welcome.
From what I understand a true stall can last upwards of 4-6 weeks or MORE. I really need to research that in our A '72 book to see what the good doctor says on that!

Couple, or 3 questions:

1) When's the last time you lost weight? How many days ago?

2) How many pounds? You might just be building up to a huge weight loss!

3) How are you clothes fitting? Did you need to put a new smaller notch on your belt? Dr. A does say that the tape measure is a better gauge of FAT loss then the scales:
Quote:
[pg 144] Remember, your tape measure is a lot better friend than your scale, not only more accurate, but better able to report on the actual fat (not just temporary water) losses this diet achieves.
Quote:
Due to a suggestion from Jo I am adding the number of continuous days on plan with no cheats to my signature.
Very very cool! Just gotta remember to update your signature line every day you log in...but I think it really does show the HARD CORE determination this group has for not only doing A '72 Induction but that we are doing it without CHEATING!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:15
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk
As a newbie who has gone back to Atkins '72 (as of yesterday) I am so grateful and appreciative for all you Warriors who post such incredible advice to each other which has greatly affected/benefited me as I work towards my weight loss goals. A huge thank you to all of you!!

I can so related to the carb-creep!!! Every single time I think I can up my carbs the cravings start and the simplicity of what the Atkins WOE/WOL can be gets lost unnecessarily.

Karrie
Hello and welcome Karrie!

So I take it you are going to be one of the Warrior members of TEAM 5%? Cause we sure would love to have you join our band of merry Warriors!

If you don't own the book, all the important info to get you started is on page 1 of this thread, the second post. I made a pdf of the basics of this incredible LC WOE.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll try to answer it or point you in the right direction!

Once again, Welcome!
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk

Karrie

Are you going to join us WARRIORS?!

A72 induction food list ONLY til we hit goal, then we can experiment a little on us to find a menu that suits us for life (some may not have to do this, some might but it is a future option).

K, your stats are like mine. How tall are you?

Carb creep is real and alive and deadly!
We stay on induction food list to keep the carbs at bay and not draw us in. we super sensitive carb people must do this! Good thing is it works wonderful! If you get head mind game cravings, come here and chat, it helps alot!
Closed Thread