Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 08:33

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good morning..

I can't say enough times how grateful I am for this WOE and this hard core warrior support.

It amazes me that with all my dieting over the years (and years) that it took this long to figure out carbs are the problem. I always thought it was just food in general, never crossed my mind that carbs were the enemy. I just thought a low carb diet was just like the rest and didn't work for ME. Why? Because I never went low enough with the carbs. I never understood I had such a huge carb sensitivity.

It really clicked with me back in May of 2014 when I found the Hard Core thread, quite by accident...or was it fate? I really was sad and desperate at that time over my weight, at being pre-diabetic, having high BP...just not liking the way I looked or felt about myself. I remember tears in the dressing room trying on clothes at the plus size store.

Now I have happy tears...I am in a much happier place there is no carb in the world that is worth giving into. I refuse to go back to being sad and frustrated over my weight issues.

Just throwing some of my thoughts out there...and how I got HERE.

I Love This WOE!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 08:51

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Delaney,
I have tears reading your post! I am so happy you are here😀👍
You said just how I feel they would have to put a gun to my head to get me to eat carbs and go off plan. I have never felt so happy or more alive! I never thought I could find a wol that I lose weight and feel spectacular and look forward to every day as an adventure! How cool is that 😜👍
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 09:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Delaney,
You said just how I feel they would have to put a gun to my head to get me to eat carbs and go off plan. I have never felt so happy or more alive! I never thought I could find a wol that I lose weight and feel spectacular and look forward to every day as an adventure! How cool is that 😜👍

Bernie...ITS VERY COOL! In addition you have an exciting time coming up in 2016 with a new grandbaby! So, so exciting.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 09:52
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
Great response to my post JO

AND THANK YOU FOR SHARING that info with me from your private journal CAUSE that is the fight I have sometimes

just what you wrote. those stupid back and forth in my mind conversations and some days I swear I am going nutso!!

that was me with the drinking. should I or shouldn't I? maybe 1. but then 1 ruins my plan, why not 2 and go for it. Nah, NONE just stay on plan. but it is a holiday. but also it is ONLY a holiday, big deal. and so on and so on......haha

What you went thru from your emotional strain is the thing I have every now and then AND YOU SHOWING me that confirms I am not alone. I thought you guys were not having these thoughts and IF IT was only me I was screwed LOL

Now I feel I can easily work thru this cause we have the strategies in place and the hardcore warrior style to say screw it, do not cave and never go back to fatland!!!

sharing that helped me more than you know Jo.

I agree, we don't want to constantly talk of small weird cravings daily we get and push thru-----and bring down the thread----but at some point they get on my nerves. I have to scream to someone that it is ticking me off LOL
As you well know, you are more than welcome to SCREAM here anytime! We'll help you off that slippery "CARB" ledge every single time!!

That's what we're here for to help support and encourage each other!!
Quote:
I feel so much better. I said before we are all here cause we are alike. the Fat Bitchy carb creature is a pain we all bare for sure.
She is gonna keep testing me and I will get thru it easier and easier each time I hope. the cravings ARE fewer and farther in between so that is a help
She will keep testing you cause she' been YOU longer than Thin Karen and the carb-age temptations are all around us! Remember carbs are so addictive!!!
Quote:
Sorry you felt so alone over the holiday and all your company bailed. But you pushed thru like the warrior you are and that is a monster plus!!!!!! As much as our emotions get in our way, you got thru and put yourself first in your journey!
No worries, it is what it is! I'm over it, I refuse to have people's behavior affect my mood! They don't have that kind of POWER over me!

But "Fat Jo" sure was torturing me... as I held on to the truth about carb-age whilst fighting her back into her cage and then I realized I'm not an emotional eater, it would have been an EXCUSE to eat carb-age. So I grabbed a turkey leg and munched away, seriously!

Yeah I had more kcals than I usually did that day, but you know WHAT? It didn't affect my weight one way or the other! But eating carb-age sure as HELL would have.

That's what went thru my head when I decided to "Feed the NEED with perfectly OP food!!" And I didn't serve myself a plate of guilt!! So truly a win-win for sure all the way around!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 10:07

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Confession time:

Karen, I was soooo tempted to say "f&#k it" and eat off plan on Christmas because I was feeling so sorry for myself. I was really disappointed that all my company that had planned to visit, had changes of plan at the last minute.

I would have been PERFECTLY okay if I hadn't anticipated their visit because this would not have been the first Christmas by myself.

But it was the anticipation of all the company coming and the excitement, etc. Yeah, my fault for being excited! Anyhoo...

I had been so TEMPTED to eat carb-age to spite them...then I realize, who am I really going to harm/spite if I self-medicate with carb-age crap?

I have these "self talks" all the time, sometimes that's the ONLY way to have an intelligent conversation.

Here's something I wrote in my personal journal (not the online one) Christmas Day:

"Fat Jo" had me looking up pizza places on the internet. Thank goodness I’m a cheap bitch ‘cause I didn’t want to spend the kind of money it would have cost to get me a pizza! That was VICTORY number ONE over “Fat Jo” yesterday, here’s the second one:

Then last night as I was in bed, “Fat Jo” was trying to convince me that in the morning (this morning) I should run to Wal-Mart (it isn't even open on Christmas day) and get some croissants and other carb-age and face plant into those carbs! Of course, after a good night’s sleep all these self-destructive eating thoughts have disappeared! This is an absolute VICTORY over “Fat Jo” too!

See, you're not the only one that gets overwhelmed with the urge to eat carb-age crap!

And "Fat Jo" was even trying to justify it to me! I'm always going to have to be hyper vigilant against "Fat Jo" and what she puts in my head at times, I know that if I want to stay successful! And I DO!

I wish we lived closer to each other and could have spent the holiday together. It's a bummer your family flaked on you at the last moment! This Christmas I had more alone time than usual due to DH working. I still like to decorate even though no one else really saw it.

I am glad you were able to keep "fat Jo" caged up! My DIL served pizza, so that was something I had to avoid on Christmas... Victory for sure avoiding that carnage! (Think I will leave the spell check alone..I said CARBAGE!)

WTG Jo Warrior 5%
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 10:19

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
How has eating blueberries, sundried tomatoes and spaghetti squash affected you?

Thanks for you long response Jo! I'd say the way they affected me is that the next day, after my regular low carb meal, I was feeling like "okay, what's next?", almost as if something was missing and there should have been something else to eat. I did a bit of extra snacking on very "on plan" foods like pork rinds and butter.

Oh and I gained 1.5 lbs.

I guess the bottom line is I was a bit hungrier, but not a lot, and not something that seemed to be out of my control but I noticed a difference so that will keep me on board, and actually I'm glad I saw that, as those foods "seemed" healthy, and many low carb people do eat them, but I think right now at least I can't.

I got to experience how I can be so easily affected by foods, without any massive, crazy consequences.

Last edited by 1DogDay : Mon, Dec-28-15 at 10:38.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 10:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I can't say enough times how grateful I am for this WOE and this hard core warrior support.

It amazes me that with all my dieting over the years (and years) that it took this long to figure out carbs are the problem. I always thought it was just food in general, never crossed my mind that carbs were the enemy. I just thought a low carb diet was just like the rest and didn't work for ME. Why? Because I never went low enough with the carbs. I never understood I had such a huge carb sensitivity.
That's cause we're told to cut the kcals and fat and to exercise MORE...it's been the mantra of the medical establishment for decades upon decades... and where does that lead us?

With more obese people than EVER before in the good ole US of A.

No I am not going to climb up on my "big pharma, medical professionals and food producers" conspiracy soap box, cause you all have heard it before...
Quote:
It really clicked with me back in May of 2014 when I found the Hard Core thread, quite by accident...or was it fate? I really was sad and desperate at that time over my weight, at being pre-diabetic, having high BP...just not liking the way I looked or felt about myself. I remember tears in the dressing room trying on clothes at the plus size store.

Now I have happy tears...I am in a much happier place there is no carb in the world that is worth giving into. I refuse to go back to being sad and frustrated over my weight issues.

Just throwing some of my thoughts out there...and how I got HERE.

I Love This WOE!!
I'm so glad you found US, De! And look at YOU, just ounces away from making your desired GOAL weight! Woot! Woot!

You've come along way, baby...YOU are a Warrior member of TEAM 5%!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 10:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Delaney,
I'm going add to this (of course I AM) because I feel the same way both of you do.

For me, its the freedom from food. What I mean by that is I am not spending, what felt like, hours upon hours trying to figure out what carb-age dish I was going to face plant into next!

It seems that Food was ALWAYS on my mind as "Fat Jo"! Now I know exactly what I am going to eat each day. I don't spend hours walking down the aisles of the grocery store getting carb-age crap or seeing what was calling to me! Nor do I spend the money I used to on food. Gosh, fast food is so expensive especially since I was eating it 2 or 3 times a week, if not more!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 10:49
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I wish we lived closer to each other and could have spent the holiday together. It's a bummer your family flaked on you at the last moment! This Christmas I had more alone time than usual due to DH working. I still like to decorate even though no one else really saw it.
Awwwwwww you're too kind! I do appreciate you opening your home to me for the holidays after you found out my family flaked out on me! You have no idea how that makes me feel! You're the BEST!
Quote:
I am glad you were able to keep "fat Jo" caged up! My DIL served pizza, so that was something I had to avoid on Christmas... Victory for sure avoiding that carnage! (Think I will leave the spell check alone..I said CARBAGE!)

WTG Jo Warrior 5%
maybe it was carnage carb-age???

It is what Warrior members of TEAM 5% do, eh? Avoid the carnage carb-age for sure!!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 11:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DogDay
Thanks for you long response Jo! I'd say the way they affected me is that the next day, after my regular low carb meal, I was feeling like "okay, what's next?", almost as if something was missing and there should have been something else to eat. I did a bit of extra snacking on very "on plan" foods like pork rinds and butter.

Oh and I gained 1.5 lbs.
Brutal lesson to learn about the fruits and it's the cravings that are hard to calm down! Sorry about your 1.5 gain!
Quote:
I guess the bottom line is I was a bit hungrier, but not a lot, and not something that seemed to be out of my control but I noticed a difference so that will keep me on board, and actually I'm glad I saw that, as those foods "seemed" healthy, and many low carb people do eat them, but I think right now at least I can't.

I got to experience how I can be so easily affected by foods, without any massive, crazy consequences.
Some people can tolerate more fruit and higher carb veggies then others. That's why there's an array of different LC WOE plans around... and they run the gambit of how many daily carbs, what foods etc!

We just have to find the one that's the perfect fit for us as unique individuals that allows us to not only lose weight but keep it off. It has to be sustainable thru the long haul too!

What we've noticed for ourselves and what Dr. A said in 1972, that pretty much the amount of carbs we eat/ate whilst losing the weight is pretty close to what we will have to eat to stay in maintenance. So there's that to take in consideration as well!

Keep Fighting the Good Hard Fight, You are so Worth it, 1DD!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 12:11

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Great posts guys!!! This chat helps me SO much.

Like Jo said she is not an emotional eater, so she was upset about her company, but she decided to just eat a big old turkey leg instead of carbing out and she fed the need, thought things thru, and came out ahead!!

Jo I can just see you gnawing on that leg---ha ha

I wish all the time all of us were closer. we are so spread out but a A72 gala event once a year would be insane fun for us. You know the buffet food line would be A72 worthy for sure!!! and we would have a hoot for sure!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 12:12

BF:

DE---I feel your pain in that dressing room. know it well.
for me it was bathing suits. I literally live in them in the summer and the fatter I got, omg....don't even want to go there thinking about it!

but we changed ourselves didn't we and for that we can smile!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 12:14

BF:

Bernie your attitude is top notch and I love when you type things like that! hardcore to the ultimate! You rock Bernie cause you are dead fast in your decision about A72 and that is priceless!!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 13:37

BF:

Welcome Sarah,

HCA-72 is very simple to follow eggs, meat, fats, water and only if you want 4 ounces of cheese and 85 g of leafy greens that's it.

Basically you kick the carbs to the curb and the changes to mind, body and soul are trsnsformational on this wol!

For me this is the only plan that worked since I am a carb addict! I can binge even on legal foods like cheese. I understand that about myself after 22 months on this plan. Even a little carbs can set my addiction off and I lose so much my appetite suppressants, mind clarity and the cravings are back.
Sarah, maybe that is the downside of this plan once you free yourself of the addiction and your body is running on fat for fuel going back to carbs can destroy all the success and the downhill spiral towards carb hell takes over and the weight gain soars.

Hope you choose to join us even if you are not uber sensitive to carbs we encourage and support all our members😀
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 13:45

BF:

Welcome IDD,

I have hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's thyroiditis in addition to being a binge eating carb addict.

I also have a ferocious appetite so my Endo recommended for me to never eat eggs and especially cheese by itself. Alone it won't satisfy me and I am still hungry. However, when I add protein along with my eggs over my leafy greens I am filled up. Again if you don't binge on cheese or are not a carb addict then you may not have to do this.

Sorry to hear that the additional carbs from fruit activated your hunger. The only way I am satisfied is with a belly full of protein. Then I am set and have energy no cravings and have my ZC Zen😀👍
Closed Thread