Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-04, 17:05

Plan: MEAT AND LOTS OF GREEN VE
Stats: 292.7/280/180 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 11%

Does originally count? I'm bred, born, and raised in Middlesboro. Lived in Lexington for 15yrs before moving to FLA.

GAP
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 17:11

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 230/159.2/145 Female 5'9"
BF:32%/29%/21%
Progress: 83%

Hi all! I just moved to Kentucky about a month ago. I live in Elizabethtown, Hardin County. I've been low carbing since January and am having some problems since I live in an apartment and have temptations, even if they are low carb foods, too many make my daily count too high! Anyway, just wanted to say hi to all you Kentuckians.

Kristy
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-04, 22:23
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 345?/339/165 Female 5'5"
BF:63
Progress: 0%

Anyone close to Nicholasville, KY or Lexington??? We moved here about 2 years ago. I'm orignally from Louisville, but lived in Naples, FL for 15 years! Ugh I hated it!

Renee
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-05, 09:14
Under Construction

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/253/160 Female 5foot 5 inches
BF:50.6%/44.3%/24%
Progress: 31%
Default Lilys-mom

Hey Kentucky girl here too! Right outside of Louisville and I also have lots of family in Northern Kentucky (Maybe Bengals are not a claim to fame so much BUT hopefully in a few years.....LOL) and I grew up in Erlanger.

It will be nice to get to know some of you Kentucky low carbers! Maybe one day we can have a get together or something like that! At least we can cheer each other on!!! I am at the beginning of my low carb journey too and feeling yucky today with a stupid cold (grrrrrr).
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-05, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-phase 1
Stats: 180/175/140 Female 5'-6"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile Kentuckian

Hello Kentuckians, Im from Kentucky also, Pike County and I have a brother that lives in Louisville,Fairdale!!!!!!!! Just started the Atkins diet 3-14-05 need lots of encouragement I need to lose 32lbs any suggestions?????
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 03:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233.5/230/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

Peapod,
I live in Harlan County, not far from you.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 06:50

Plan: low fat, low calorie
Stats: 283/283/175 Female 5'7
BF:

Hey, any Kentuckians still out there, I noticed most of the posts here are a couple of years old. Does this mean all Kentuckians except me are at desired weight?? I am from Walton Kentucky!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 06:55

BF:

Hey Lily,

Northern Kentucky here too! Walton area right now, but graduated from Lloyd about 100 years ago! I too have just started my journey the LC way. The holidays are history and now is time to get busy. Wont be long til we take off the sweatshirts and coats! Good luck to you and I look forward to chatting with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilys-mom
Hey Kentucky girl here too! Right outside of Louisville and I also have lots of family in Northern Kentucky (Maybe Bengals are not a claim to fame so much BUT hopefully in a few years.....LOL) and I grew up in Erlanger.

It will be nice to get to know some of you Kentucky low carbers! Maybe one day we can have a get together or something like that! At least we can cheer each other on!!! I am at the beginning of my low carb journey too and feeling yucky today with a stupid cold (grrrrrr).
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 07:26

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hey there Kentucky Gals,
I live in Louisville, and in May we will be having out low carb get together, for the fourth year.
Great people from all over will be here. OUr big get together day is ususally on a Sunday, this year it will be Sunday May 22.

Two gals from Candada, one from Wisconsin, and I'm keeping my fingers that two really great women from the state of Ohio will be able to get here again this year. Some of you know Richard that lives in Illinois, and then there are Alice and Bill that live in Southern Ill. So this is a great time, we share recipes and the food is wonderful.
There is a thread called, ''Joans'ville Connection", feel free to check it out.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Joan not doing low carb now, but I am doing W.W.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 15:00

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 96/115/105 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 211%

Wow, the person starting this thread has almost the same name as mine lol.

I was also born and bred in Western Ky, Paducah to be exact. Was dragged kicking and screaming to Palm Beach Florida too many moons ago. We are on our way to mid/eastern TN here soon. Florida is awful!!

#41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 05:41

BF:

Hi, so what didnt you like about Florida, my hubby would move there in a heartbeat!. So you are moving back to the mountains or just vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_3_Sons
Wow, the person starting this thread has almost the same name as mine lol.

I was also born and bred in Western Ky, Paducah to be exact. Was dragged kicking and screaming to Palm Beach Florida too many moons ago. We are on our way to mid/eastern TN here soon. Florida is awful!!

#42   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 09:51

BF:

Moving back! And cannot wait. Well, my story with Florida.
Every single year as a growing youngster we traveled to Florida. At the age of 14 my dad was relocated with his job. Which brought us here to the lovely state of white knuckles and blue hair! The states political aspect is much to be desired. The public school system is just awful. Metal detectors at every entrance from elementary to high, even college. Video taped throughout. Drug dogs around every corner. Drugs, violence, racism, and the darn FCAT lol. It is a scary place to raise children I can say that much. The teachers are here for their paychecks only. There are a few that are in it for what its worth. Our governor can't even pass the 8th grade FCAT, our School Superintendent, just passed highschool, no further education needed I guess. The violence here is just incredidbly sad and increasing by the second. The children get in trouble for throwing rocks for Christs sake. I mean, arrested for throwing small pebbles from ones own driveway. The job rate here is a pity. They will hire one that can't speak a word of English, don't know what personal hygiene is, and are here illegally, before they will hire someone with an education. They will work for pennies, and increasingly skyrocket are unemployment rates. Taxes on property is out of this world. You can't buy a 2 bed 1 bath house for less than $250k. Rent, a 1/1 is a minimum $500 unless you are living in filth on scum highway.
Thats just a small part of it. When I began my sophomore year here it didn't help to live as the new minority. Florida is more of a Spanish/Creole/French speaking state, with more sexual predators than you could fit on one island, and what was then the majority is now the minority. Just sad, not a place for my children.

So, were heading back home. Well close enough. Have a great day gals
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 11:12
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Im from Ky
Are u doing the Atkins diet?
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 11:17
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_3_Sons
Moving back! And cannot wait. Well, my story with Florida.
Every single year as a growing youngster we traveled to Florida. At the age of 14 my dad was relocated with his job. Which brought us here to the lovely state of white knuckles and blue hair! The states political aspect is much to be desired. The public school system is just awful. Metal detectors at every entrance from elementary to high, even college. Video taped throughout. Drug dogs around every corner. Drugs, violence, racism, and the darn FCAT lol. It is a scary place to raise children I can say that much. The teachers are here for their paychecks only. There are a few that are in it for what its worth. Our governor can't even pass the 8th grade FCAT, our School Superintendent, just passed highschool, no further education needed I guess. The violence here is just incredidbly sad and increasing by the second. The children get in trouble for throwing rocks for Christs sake. I mean, arrested for throwing small pebbles from ones own driveway. The job rate here is a pity. They will hire one that can't speak a word of English, don't know what personal hygiene is, and are here illegally, before they will hire someone with an education. They will work for pennies, and increasingly skyrocket are unemployment rates. Taxes on property is out of this world. You can't buy a 2 bed 1 bath house for less than $250k. Rent, a 1/1 is a minimum $500 unless you are living in filth on scum highway.
Thats just a small part of it. When I began my sophomore year here it didn't help to live as the new minority. Florida is more of a Spanish/Creole/French speaking state, with more sexual predators than you could fit on one island, and what was then the majority is now the minority. Just sad, not a place for my children.

So, were heading back home. Well close enough. Have a great day gals

Hum and I always thought Florida was the place 2 b!!!!!
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 15:49

BF:

LOL everyone thinks Florida is the place to be. UNTIL everyone decided to come to Florida LOL, therefore it is NOT the place to be now.
If you like City City life, then Florida is for you.

Yes I low carb, if that was for me. What part of Ky are you in?