Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 15:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

good post Amy. Hardcore is just that, without mercy for the carbs!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 15:34

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Addendum: meant to say thank you, dear Bonnie-Jean, for starting the new thread again!
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 15:43

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohamy
Addendum: meant to say thank you, dear Bonnie-Jean, for starting the new thread again!

No need to thank me Amy. Had I not then Miss Rosebud surely would have! We are some serious posters on this board!! Wow, #3 didn't even last 2 months!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 18:15

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47
I am 9.3lbs from Onderland!!!
I am 60.2lbs from goal!!!

Nothing can stop me now! I have come so far this past year. My body is healthier. I am in a better mental state. I'm hopeful and excited about the future. I know for a fact that I will make it to goal.
I wish I could infect others with my motivation and resolve. My mom would be the first one on my list!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

KIMBER

Our AMAZING shrinking Kimber. All the best to you my friend. I think you have no idea of the impact you actually ARE making on many lives!! All my blessings to your mom that she soon decides to follow your lead! Your ROCK young lady!
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 18:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JJ, so what are your birthday plans today? anything unusual?
RELAXING I hope is part of your day
I tell you what I did today for my b'day! I cooked my turkey early so I could have it nice and cold for dinner, I like cold turkey... unusual, probably!

My “rock” project is right on schedule ~ my friend came over at 1 and had the yard all dug up by 3. We went to Lowe's and I picked up a Pygmy Date Palm to plant in the front yard with the new xeriscaping when we went to pick up the black plastic sheeting that will cover the dirt and lays underneath the rocks.

It’s going to be lovely when it’s all done. My friend said everything should be done by Wednesday. So I’m excited about that!

Tomorrow we go get tons and tons of rock and maybe even pick out my big-a$$ boulder I want. They will have to deliver the big-a$$ boulder since none of us owns anything remotely capable of moving or placing such a thing!

Before and after pictures will be posted!

I haven't relaxed all day... isn't that what sleeping is for??
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 18:50

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Amy,

What an insightful post on this wonderous woe. I agree doing Hardcore ultra low carbs has given me so much. I have mental clarity, freedom from hunger and cravings. I also have a sense of peace because I am content with my woe. Finally, I have an added blessing in finding this thread with like minded warriors that are so supportive and knowledgeable, and motivational that success feels imminent.
Berni
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 18:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimby30
...and will switch from spring mix to spinach leaves for my side salad.
Coco 3 oz (85 g) of spring mix or spinach leaves has the same kcals = 20 and the same carbs = 3. So either is fine.

I eat Spring Mix all the time when I can't find Butter (aka Butterhead, Boston or Bib) Lettuce which only has 11 kcals and 2 carbs.

Some people here have issues eating salads and don't eat it. But I've never had a problem with it.

Just watch what you put on it...salad dressings have hidden carb-age that can cause cravings and stalls. I make my own Garlic Vinaigrette and carry some with me when I go out to eat or out of town.

Onward, DOWNWARD & MAINTENANCE 4ever!

Jo

Hi! My name is Jo and I’m a recovering morbidly obese carb addict!
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 19:00
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimby30
Really?

I never owned an A72 copy.. I remember macadamias mentioned in the fat fast in one of the more recent versions..
In the past, I ate almonds and macadamias (like 1/4 cup a day) and it didnt interfere with my loss..

I guess I'll cut them out with my first stall
Just so everyone knows: 1/4 c of almonds = 206 kcals and 6.7 grams of carbs

Macadamia nuts = 240 kcals and 4.3 carbs
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 19:11

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 330/229.5/149 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Pfft!!! 1/4 cup of almonds is NOTHING! I don't even think I will bother with that come maintenance! Too many calories and carbs for me...I would rather have a huge salad!

Last edited by Kimbersh47 : Sun, Mar-29-15 at 19:16.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 19:16

BF:

Bought a size 14 pair of capris from Sam's Club figuring I can wear them this summer. Came home and tried them on so that I could see how far I need to go before I can wear them. Got them on, all the way up....and zipped!! Granted, they are so skin tight I wouldn't wear the out in public, but now I am thinking that I better go back and get the 12's hubby told me I should have gotten in the first place. He actually thought I should pick up some 10's but I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I will be going back for those 12's though! On a side note....my size 18's from 20 years ago are still a little snug in the waist but will probably be good to go in 5-10lbs. Crazy how much of a difference sizes are nowadays!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 02:54

BF:

Quote:
I am 9.3lbs from Onderland!!!
I am 60.2lbs from goal!!!

Nothing can stop me now! I have come so far this past year. My body is healthier. I am in a better mental state. I'm hopeful and excited about the future. I know for a fact that I will make it to goal.
I wish I could infect others with my motivation and resolve. My mom would be the first one on my list!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

KIMBER

Kimber,

What a dynamic post ! You are so right with your determination and hardcore steadfast resolve nothing will stand in your way. Huge accomplishments already and many more coming soon!!

Berni
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 03:08

BF:
Default Gm Warriors

171 today. I have gotten use to the scales moving the last couple of days. I am very happy so far I have lost 4 lbs. this month. I do have one more day also for the scales to move.

Party with German cousins was a lot of fun. They thought the salad with Jo's garlic vinagerette was delish. I was also able to get caught up at work. I was also able to purge the closet and have a bag of clothes ready for the Vietnam veterans organization. I do need spring to come soon I have one bin of spring/summer clothes that didn't fit last year that I hope to use to get through the summer.

I am able to get into see endocrinologist today there was a cancellation! I have my questions ready and will come out with a plan of action.

Have a great on plan day and be well.

Berni
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 03:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
I tell you what I did today for my b'day! I cooked my turkey early so I could have it nice and cold for dinner, I like cold turkey... unusual, probably!

maybe even pick out my big-a$$ boulder I want.

Before and after pictures will be posted!

Well that is alot of good turkey to chow on thru the days!!

Your project sounds wonderful! no worry of a front yard to deal with. I have looked into terra-scaping my front yard also because I was sick to death of the yardwork. Wanted to eliminate that work in the front but it never came about.

I hope you get your big azz boulder I can not wait to see pics!! I am very interested!

Sounds like a great b-day JJ.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 03:23

BF:

Quote:
On a side note....my size 18's from 20 years ago are still a little snug in the waist but will probably be good to go in 5-10lbs. Crazy how much of a difference sizes are nowadays!

yup clothes were made smaller for the size in years gone by. people were thinner now clothes are made for the new normal--about 20 lbs overweight on most people I would guess.

I have 16 black jeans in my closet that are probably like a size 12 nowadays. I can't get them on at all LOL. when I do--and I will--I KNOW I AM THIN then !
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-15, 04:28

BF:

March 1 - 220
March 30 - 209

.2lbs down this morning. Can I squeak at least another .1lb to make it to 208 tomorrow?! That would be so nice! Watch out Onderland......here I come!!! I will be taking a new pic once I'm there----woohoo!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent it with my nose in the books. Learning all the names of the bones and all the markings on each of them is very time consuming but I have come out of the weekend knowing more than when I started.

Have a good on plan day everyone!

KIMBER
Closed Thread