Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-13, 21:10

Plan: No sugar, starches
Stats: 240/225/130 Female 61
BF:
Progress:

As I type I am in bed for the night. And I am relieved I made it another day successfully as regards to my eating. That's the main thing I am focused on is making it one day at a time. I don't weigh everyday, in fact, I hardly ever weigh. I go by how my clothes feel on me. Gnite!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 04:40

Plan: Atkins/keto
Stats: 330/270/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Tulips, Hope you keep in touch during your travels.

Sweetyx and MClark, Hello and welcome!

MClark, I also struggle with PCOS.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 13:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/247/175 Female 65"
BF:too much!
Progress: 0%

OK...being a newbie what does PCOS mean????
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 14:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy0120
OK...being a newbie what does PCOS mean????

Polycystic ovary syndrome

#50   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 15:11

ahhhhh ok......
TY for clearing that up

I would have racked my brain trying to figure that out!!!

How is your weight journey coming??

Mine is so-so...gained a pound Don't know how- I have hardly any appetite at all and I don't eat but 10-15 carbs day..sometimes not even that!!!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 15:41

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Melinda - I'm a day late and a dollar short but wanted to welcome you and see that you're doing well! I love the support, advice and firm kicks in the butt from time to time. All very well needed for me. I'm on day 66 of my 100 day challenge of no cheating. But I am need of a bit of an overhaul because I'm making some not so good choices. IE Atkins evil candy bars and not eating enough vegies. Anyway - Just wanted to say hello and welcome!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 19:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstone
Hi Melinda - I'm a day late and a dollar short but wanted to welcome you and see that you're doing well! I love the support, advice and firm kicks in the butt from time to time. All very well needed for me. I'm on day 66 of my 100 day challenge of no cheating. But I am need of a bit of an overhaul because I'm making some not so good choices. IE Atkins evil candy bars and not eating enough vegies. Anyway - Just wanted to say hello and welcome!

Hello and Thank you for the welcome Blackstone!
66 days of clean eating is awesome! I hope i can get there too, this is only my(looks at calandar)...9th day of LC/Atkins! Geeze, I felt like i was on this diet/woe much longer than 9 days! HAHA! I was considering buying some of those bars myself...but I haven't yet.
I poked my head in the beginning and last pages of your journal, I loved reading it. Your positive outlook is inspiring
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-13, 22:47

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Those bars are known stall makers for many Melinda. You might want to hold off on testing those until you're well under way (if ever).

Blackstone, Maybe those evil bars should move to the cheat food category?
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-13, 08:00

BF:
Progress:

O ladies, I was doing so good until yesterday evening! O well today is a new day!.... I am still in ketosis as of this morning. That's good right? Hope you ladies have a good one! And Melinda? I am sorry u have PCOS. It's definitely a struggle! I found out about 3 years ago that I have it so I was 33 yrs old. I wish I had know sooner. It took me several years to get pregnant but I had no idea why. But by chance I did get pregnant. And now I have a 12 year old girl. Had a terrible pregnancy, they had to take her early, she had a lot of problems but now you wouldn't know it! After my pregnancy my PCOS really amplified! But it was 9 years and 90 lbs later that I knew something wasn't right. I didn't change my eating habits and I would gain weight by looking at food, it seemed. So i finally went to doctor.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-13, 11:32

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Livinright - Perhaps they should...but there are times when they're the only thing that keep me from diving into a plate of nachos. But I will admit that not having them in the house is a very good place to start. And I don't have any now..out of sight..out of mind!
Melinda - I hope you will heed my warning...those bars are of no good use. There are lots of more wholesome recipes if you have the desire for a sweet treat. This is one of my favorites, of course I don't add the berries and I have to be careful about portion control. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/ca...-Cheesecake.htm
9 days clean is really really good! It gets easier as you go, trust me on that one.
MClark76 - You are 100% correct, today is a new day!! Live and learn.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-13, 12:37

Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackstone
Livinright - Perhaps they should...but there are times when they're the only thing that keep me from diving into a plate of nachos. But I will admit that not having them in the house is a very good place to start. And I don't have any now..out of sight..out of mind!

Whatever it takes to stay on plan Blackstone!
Out of sight, out of mind is good!

I found a recipe for Coconut Crack Bars yesterday that was simple to make (less than 5 minutes) and turned out yummy. I posted it in my journal. Might make a nice alternative to the packaged bars.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-13, 17:12
Registered Member

Stats: 252/236/199 Female 5,7
BF:
Progress: 30%

Coconut crack bars ??? I am going to look for that for sure :-)

Was back to the 245 from earlier this week, it went up all the way to 248.9...drives me nutso sometimes!

Have not checked my ketosis for today, with the clean eating I am doing I should be big time purple!! Have not figured out what to eat tonight too tired and too busy!!
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-13, 19:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/146/125 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 77%

hey guys... sorry was away too for the last day... i went up errrr 3 pds... probably water but i m not sure

i did have some alcool yesterday... and we all know how much carbs alki has

i got some free bars on atkins.com the other day... i have them in the drawer lol for emergency i guess ha ha but yeah i heard too that they were big stallers ...
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-13, 07:06

After a stall for another 3-4 days..I finally dropped another 2 pounds!! I'm so excited

I have noticed my appetite has decreased tremendously!!! Course it was probably that way before but all that "junk" I was eating was blurring my vision!!! haha

Coconut crack bars..now that's something I can do!!!!!
Everyone have a good day!!
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-13, 21:09

BF:
Progress:

Woohoo congrats Krissy! I am still on plan! Clothes are fitting different! Have a great weekend to you all.