Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 10:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

Oh wow, well keep me posted on what they say for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleZu
Oh my gosh- your symptoms are just like mine, except I also have nausea! The past three months I've had swollen abdomen, no energy, having trouble keeping up with my daughter- just feel awful every day! Went to my Primary care doc, he did blood work, unrine, abdomnial ultrasound of all organs. The only thing they showed was one liver level that was up indicating inflammation somewhere (he didn't specify what level) and a little bit of fatty streaks on my liver. Reffered me to a GI doctor who did an endoscopy last Friday. They took some biopsies because the lining of my stomach is inflamed, but they showed no infection and no cancerous cells. So basically, still no clue why the inflammation and swelling. I'm on Prilosec for the inflammation and zofran for nausea. Go back in 4 weeks for re-evaluation and see if more tests should be done. I don't know if any of that information about what is going on with my swollen belly helps you figure anything out, but I figured I'd tell you anyway!

Your doc doesn't seem to be taking you seriously- is there another primary care place you can go? Or as Werebear said, the ER? Something is wrong and it should be taken seriously.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
This doctor sounds like a jerk. And he's not getting any better.

Yes .. exactly how I feel.

As far as Emergency.. Just not really possible. I have both boys all day everyday. Unless I really think I am in SO much pain, I can not go by myself with both boys.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 10:45

Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiflip
Oh wow, well keep me posted on what they say for you!

I will! I understand how it is with kids, I am lucky to have both my mom and my husband's mom here who can keep my daughter when I have to go to the doctor.

I really hope you get some answers soon. I've not gotten an answer yet, but at least my doctors are working on it!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 11:05
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Yes .. exactly how I feel.

As far as Emergency.. Just not really possible. I have both boys all day everyday. Unless I really think I am in SO much pain, I can not go by myself with both boys.

Can you go in the evening?
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 11:06

My husband works 90-100 hour a week. No.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 11:16
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:

So... how do we help you? You reject everything. There's no one that can look after your kids for a couple of hours? You need a support structure. What would you do in an actual emergency?

Anyway, I feel very badly for you, but you're going to have to take the initiative on this. We can't diagnose you, just give you suggestions and emotional support.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Tue, Nov-20-12 at 11:40.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 11:35

I'm sorry did not mean to shoot down. I just don't know what to do, you really think emerg situation? Last time I went to emerg waited 14 hours to see dr..then just got told to see my own cardiologist, they would not help me. No joke! So I am a little resistant to go back to an emerg. And no I have no one to watch kids. I don't want to go through all that again for nothing. Dr did not even call yet over blood work so I am not going to rush to emerg. Maybe he, like my dh feels 4.2 is acceptable? I really am not sure what to do.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 11:56

Pmed you nancy
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-12, 19:16
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 225/170.8/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:

When I had the higher C reactive test, I had just torn the meniscus in my knee. The doc told me that was what most likely was causing the rise. As an earlier poster said, the number is an indication of inflammation and from your description, you definitely have some issues going on.

What I wouldn't do is get even more stressed over it which will cause more increase in bp and more inflammation. I like the ER suggestion but unless you act like you are really in trouble, don't waste your time. I had 26 stitches in my foot and was the last to be seen because there were more urgent cases.

It took me 6 months but I have finally found a doc that I feel is listening to me and wants to help. Any possibility of switching docs? Do your research online if you do - I found both vitals and healthgrades effective. Good luck and hope you feel better!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-12, 12:54

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

The continued swelling of the abdomen would be cause for alarm.
If it does not resolve, have the doc move your US up to SOON!!
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-12, 22:52

Thanks, drs office did call yesterday to have me come in as dr wanted to talk about blood results. I go in on Friday. Will let u know what she says(made appointment with my gp not just another dr at clinic)
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 03:18

Stats: 245/189/145 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hope the appt clears things up for you.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 13:27

went in to dr today, a day early because was up all night. feel like crap! He ordered a xray and a 24hour monitor(said heart was racing(which I know, my svt is OUT OF CONTROL!) xray to see if there is some sort of kink or what not in intestine that is causing the bloating. As far as blood work, he said nothing wrong. All fine. I suppose I should of questioned the crp being 4.2 but didn't. He looked over sheet and said everything fine.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 15:08
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
went in to dr today, a day early because was up all night. feel like crap! He ordered a xray and a 24hour monitor(said heart was racing(which I know, my svt is OUT OF CONTROL!) xray to see if there is some sort of kink or what not in intestine that is causing the bloating. As far as blood work, he said nothing wrong. All fine. I suppose I should of questioned the crp being 4.2 but didn't. He looked over sheet and said everything fine.

Candice, not sure if this will make you feel better or worse - I have terrible intestinal symptoms and my CRP is 23, and my doc thinks that's OK. The Xray is a good idea - are you having contrast with the Xray?

Lee
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemack
Candice, not sure if this will make you feel better or worse - I have terrible intestinal symptoms and my CRP is 23, and my doc thinks that's OK. The Xray is a good idea - are you having contrast with the Xray?

Lee

Hi lee,
What kind of problem are you having? How long been going on? How long have you been low carbing.
no idea, what is contrast with an X-ray?