Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-13, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD / Fast 5
Stats: 293/163/163 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase
I don't think a calorie is a calorie.

Definitely true, especially when you're insulin resistant.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 10:29
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:

hi, havent posted in awhile...because of an impending gall-bladder program, my doctor wanted me to be careful of the fat. the heavy cream for my coffee, the butter on my vegies; however, only three portions of grains allowed per day so i have three quarters cup red river cereal(mostly flax) an open face sandwich, one half cup rice or squash or potatoe for supper. lots of vegies, three fruits(i use berries and an orange) three fourths cup of ff plain yougurt, 2 cups of skim real milk and 6 ounces protein per day. i am also allowed 20 grams of fat. to my surprise, i'm losing weight and feeling good. my carbs are still under 100 grams...still lowcarb?
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 18:49
Registered Member

BF:

Moderately low carbs, I think.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 19:38

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Happy New Year Dottiedo, and thanks for the update! Glad to hear that you are feeling well. That's what really matters!

FWIW I think your plan is still lowcarb. You have mostly eliminated all the bad stuff. 100g may sound high around here, but ITRW most people scarf more than that down in a quick snack!
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-13, 15:05

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Under 100 is the range of what Mark Sisson calls "effortless weight loss" for most people. Google his "carbohydrate continuum."

Also, "Life Without Bread" by Lutz has people having up to 72 g a day. There are lower carb plans in the range from 40-100g.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 04:57

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Sounds that you have a good plan that works for you. Seejay is correct about Sisson's chart that under 100g works for weight loss and as I remember Lutz's book, he thought one should not go below 72g, being in ketosis long-term was not beneficial. Now the Perfect Health Diet basically says the same. There are metabolic functions which do better with some ”safe starches"...exactly what you have in your program. White rice, boiled peeled potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc are not toxic (grains are). You might enjoy the new edition of the book though it's science heavy, or read his website, or listen to recent interviews. http://perfecthealthdiet.com/the-diet/

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Jan-14-13 at 05:04.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 09:17
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

thanks janet, i'm going to that website now...will post later..
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-13, 06:49
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiedo
so hello again, im losing, slowly but surely. i'd rather be losing slowly and stay on this than to go down to 20 carbs a day and lose fast but not be able to do it for a lifetime. have any of you tried the eat fat get thin plan with barry groves? just wondering, if so, is it working for you?
I hadn't realized it until recently, that this is actually the plan I've been following, along with carb cycling. His "Eat Fat Get Thin" book explains it all. I find this diet liberating and quite easy, frankly.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Jan-26-13, 11:17

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some

I love Groves. He and Kwasniewski both believe that one should eat just enough carb to avoid ketosis.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 11:06
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

hi again, still on the lowcarb plan..i'm ranging between 70 to 100 carbs a day..the diet that the doc put me on was ok but i found the weight loss got very slow for me..so, this is now a sample of what i eat and i have started to lose weight at a little faster pace.so..one-half cup nofat greek yogurt, topped with one-half cup unsweetened berries, one-fourth cup allbran cereal and a few chopped walnuts..for lunch, egg salad on two rye-krisp crackers,(or tuna salad), usually i'm not hungry till 2 0r 3 pm, then i have one cup lentil soup, homemade by me, a salad or raw vegies and that usualy ends up being my supper.. although i will eat some meat or cheese later in the evening if still hungry..every evening, i also have 4 ounces red wine and 3 squares of 70% dark chocolate orange bars.(ten carbs) i know some would say that should be vegies but i'm a foodie and i'm losing weight..so? anyway, 23 pounds since dec. 10, 2012.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 14:20

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hey congrats dottido. I bet you feel better huh?

I'm amazed that you don't keep creeping up the wine and chocolate. If it was me I would have to keep increasing the amount to get the same "ahhh."

do you track your protein? it would be a shame to fall too low and make it hard for you to maintain later.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-13, 08:47

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Great job Dottido! Finding what works is what it's all about!
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-13, 09:14
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottiedo
hi again, still on the lowcarb plan..i'm ranging between 70 to 100 carbs a day..the diet that the doc put me on was ok but i found the weight loss got very slow for me..so, this is now a sample of what i eat and i have started to lose weight at a little faster pace.so..one-half cup nofat greek yogurt, topped with one-half cup unsweetened berries, one-fourth cup allbran cereal and a few chopped walnuts..for lunch, egg salad on two rye-krisp crackers,(or tuna salad), usually i'm not hungry till 2 0r 3 pm, then i have one cup lentil soup, homemade by me, a salad or raw vegies and that usualy ends up being my supper.. although i will eat some meat or cheese later in the evening if still hungry..every evening, i also have 4 ounces red wine and 3 squares of 70% dark chocolate orange bars.(ten carbs) i know some would say that should be vegies but i'm a foodie and i'm losing weight..so? anyway, 23 pounds since dec. 10, 2012.

Great job!! Good for you!
I hope that you continue to do so well.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-13, 10:12
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

thx all...the dark chocolate doesnt have the sameeffect as milk chocolate..i'm always satisfied nd i dont really like alcohol but i like the 4 ounces red wine ok. i do it, and the chocolate as "heart" helps, (really!) i do feel better, wearing some clothes that have been in my closet a looooong time. and no, i dont count anything anymore, just so tired of counting. just try to stay away from the obvious high carb foods. luck and lowcarb to all!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Feb-24-13, 07:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/139/135 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

When our 12 year old husky passed on I was truly devastated, I cried for weeks and swore I would never have another dog ever again. Then out of the blue I was on a local Sell and Trade facebook page and the most beautiful 2 year old malamute husky was staring at me. I knew a lot of people would be interested in this dog so I sent the owner a personal message telling her about the great life I could give her dog, and out of the 5 families that wanted Rufus I got him. It was 3 months after my other dog had passed. When the time is right you will know it.