Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 08:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

hi all,its been a loooong time since i posted,had baby a month ago.thing were super crazy here.Congrats Eriksgirl!if it helps i had different set of problems to deal with postpartum.its always that way for first 2-3 months.
I had breast lumps which were clogged milk ducts,and the usual remedies were not working plus baby was not gaining well etc etc.too many doc appts and such.
I had gained a 50 lbs total and lost 25 in first 3 weeks.probably water weight.now I am stalling.i am doing just maintenance level,and trying to keep supply up.but is good to have that baby out.i was overdue and going crazy about it.typing with one hand,baby in other more later.everyone take care.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 08:31
Registered Member

BF:

hi Eriksgirl,if it is only 6 weeks u cud try re-lactation,only if you are emotional about it.you can google it.its hard work though.a friend of mine had done it.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 08:47

Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Congratulations on the baby, Primrose.

I've essentially hit the part of pregnancy where I feel blah and the thought of exercise makes me want to punch someone. I am nervous I am going to start packing on weight... I'm still eating pretty healthfully, but am having more "treats" and I've included whole grain cereal and lots of fruit and almond milk in my diet.

Weighed 199.6 this morning, so I'm only at 13 lbs and some change. I'm a little more than 31 weeks along.
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 10:37

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Congrats primrose!! I had a ton of trouble breastfeeding my first including double mastisis!!
Eriksgirl don't beat yourself up. You did your best!
Katzue I just realized we have the same due date!! Wish I had gained as little as you!! I'm actually losing weight due to the stirct lc diabetes diet.
zulieka since I've upped my d3 from 5000iu every other day to everyday my bloodpressure is lower and I've got a ton more energy!!
Now here's my latest issue my husband seems to be falling into a depression. I'm about ready to go totally off on him!!! He's not working and can't find a job I kinda understand but I'm pregnant and the house is a wreck and I'm working and going to school!! He's sleeping 12-18 hours a day!! UGHHHHHH
I started him back on vitamins he does take an antidepressant but we can't afford to up the dosage. I've got him on a high in b multi an awesome magnesium 5000 iu d and fish oil. I actually gave him 10,000 iu d3 today to jump start the I'm sure lack of it. He rarely goes outside. Any other suggestions besides going postal?
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 12:22
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakala
Congrats primrose!! I had a ton of trouble breastfeeding my first including double mastisis!!
Eriksgirl don't beat yourself up. You did your best!
Katzue I just realized we have the same due date!! Wish I had gained as little as you!! I'm actually losing weight due to the stirct lc diabetes diet.
zulieka since I've upped my d3 from 5000iu every other day to everyday my bloodpressure is lower and I've got a ton more energy!!
Now here's my latest issue my husband seems to be falling into a depression. I'm about ready to go totally off on him!!! He's not working and can't find a job I kinda understand but I'm pregnant and the house is a wreck and I'm working and going to school!! He's sleeping 12-18 hours a day!! UGHHHHHH
I started him back on vitamins he does take an antidepressant but we can't afford to up the dosage. I've got him on a high in b multi an awesome magnesium 5000 iu d and fish oil. I actually gave him 10,000 iu d3 today to jump start the I'm sure lack of it. He rarely goes outside. Any other suggestions besides going postal?

I'm glad the D is helping you. Now it needs to help your DH. Put him on 10,000 IU/day.

Losing his job, staying in the house, and it being the tag end of winter probably means he's feeling the effects of SAD (Seasonal Effective Disorder); he's showing the symptoms.

The D will help. And so will going out in the sun.
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-12, 14:15
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

#52   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 05:28

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Katzue.......thanks so much for the kind words.

Jill......I'm glad your BP is down.

Primrose.....Congrats!!! Thanks for the info about re-lactating.

Kaylakala.....hopefully your husband can start helping out a little soon. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate.

Wildeone......thanks, I will try to get my story written soon.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 12:56

Plan: Cambridge diet
Stats: 275/220/155 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

I'm 7 days past Ovulation and i had a very very very faint little line today . . . Really hoping this is it
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 14:09

BF:

Awesosme wildone!!

Thanks everyone. I'm sure he will pull through. He's taking the 10,000 iu a day seems to have a placebo effect so far. He took my 8 year old out to play soccer in the yard too which was great!! Of course it was some natural sun added!
All the prenatals I looked at have only 400iu in them not even the 600 that is now recommended. Can't wait to see if this baby escapes being jaundice like my other 2 were!!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 10:56
Registered Member

BF:

too scary-just wanted to share to be aware

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...E80B13A20120112
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 12:18

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose26
too scary-just wanted to share to be aware

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012...E80B13A20120112

ever since the melamine in the petfood thing that happened a couple of years ago, i've thought that it would just be a matter of time before it showed up in processsed human foods how horrible that it showed up in formula though
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 13:56

BF:

That is soooo beyond horrible!! We don't import formula from there do we? Not that I'm planning on using it but things do happen!!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 16:04

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hi, all - just checking in to let you know I had my baby! Benjamin David was born on Saturday, March 24, at 2:31pm. He was 20 inches and 7 pounds 11 ounces and perfectly healthy
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 16:15

BF:

Oh wow!! COngrats!! I was wondering if you were okay!!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-12, 16:18

Plan: Cambridge diet
Stats: 275/220/155 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!