Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-11, 20:01

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

jill~congrats on your baby boy!! that's sooo exciting!

i cant wait for our gender u/s!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-11, 07:52

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Congrats, Jill, on a baby boy!!!! I'm glad that after all the worry, everything checked out ok with the baby.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-11, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean7
Had my anatomy scan on Friday - we are having a boy! And they found absolutely nothing of interest to discuss with us - everything looks 110% normal and healthy He weighed in at 13 ounces on Friday morning. I have a little cousin who was born prematurely, and she only weighed 12.5 ounces at birth! So, all sounds good - now we just have to decide on a boy's name (we'd only had a girl's name picked out)!

Congratulations on the healthy bean And I have a little boy at home. He's such a little joy!!! This morning while I threw up (he's 14 months), he gave m a big hug, lovingly stroked my hair, then slammed the toilet on my head and laughed. Boys are fun !!!
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 07:02

BF:

Hi, all!! Getting pretty quiet in here. LOL I haven't been on as much.....think the stress is getting to me. We didn't know that pregnancy is now considered a pre-existing condition and NO insurance company will cover you. Blah So, our only option is COBRA which is kicking our butt so bad financially that I've had to cancel my appointments 'til we can afford to pay it. How in the world do they expect people who just got laid off to come up with $1500 a month for health insurance....plus the deductible....plus 20%??? I've called everywhere, including the Dept of Labor, trying to get help and there isn't any. Oh well, I have to believe that God will provide.

Everything seems to be going well with the pregnancy though. My hormones have definitely kicked into the "3rd trimester hormones". LOL I wanna eat everything. Literally. But, so far, I've been doing pretty good in eating healthy and LC. I'm 28 weeks and have gained 20 pounds. That's pretty good for me considering what I have used to gain. lol

Hope all you gals are doing ok.
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 14:43

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

I'm still checking in from time to time - feeling baby move around in there now, which is awesome! And I gained 7 pounds in the 4 weeks between my last two appointments, which is scary, but I had lost 12 in my first trimester, so I'm still not going to stress about it. I've also been eating terribly lately thanks to stress and lack of normal routine and environment - we've been living out of suitcases for almost 2 weeks while the only full bathroom in our house is being remodeled. We're staying with family about an hour and half away from our home. Bathroom was supposed to be done yesterday, but no such luck...and I ended up havign to drive to work 3 days this week, which is a little over 50 miles each way from where we're staying.

Oh, and my boss and his boss got fired earlier this week, so now work is a bit up in the air as well - I've been assured my job is secure (phew!), but it's still a lot of unknowns and, of course, gossip and uncertainty running wild in the office. I still don't officially know who I am going to be reporting to, so I'm just continuing to do my work...

eriksgirl - COBRA is terrible. My father was laid off back in June, and he's been on COBRA ever since. Luckily, my mother has medical coverage through her employer, and they don't have any kids at home anymore, so the COBRA is ONLY for him, but it's still about $450 per month. So, you go on unemployment, which pays you only a fraction of what you had been earning, and then you get slammed with these COBRA premiums - so ridiculous!

My husband got laid off a couple weeks ago, and I am SO thankful that he was already on my insurance to begin with, so we don't have to play the COBRA game. It's hard enough when unemployment only provides a little less than HALF of what he used to bring home each week.
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 22:07

wow, i cant believe how much you have to pay for health insurance in the states. my mom seems to think that people in the states get free healthcare if they make under a certain dollar amount, but it's not like that at all is it?

nothing new to report on the pregnancy here. i get really fatigued if i dont eat often enough. the baby's moving a lot too, which is pretty cool
  #97   ^
Old Sat, Nov-19-11, 14:34

Stats: 266/222/166 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I think I have to pay a deductable before my health insurance kicks in anyway.
I've been eating terrible but trying to stay on LC. Just not as strict as I have been. I haven't had any morning sickness yet just really sore bbs and I've been getting headaches lately and soooo tired. I just want to sleep and eat. I don't go to my first appt til the 30th.
It's so exciting your guy's babies are moving around. I can't wait to feel that. So far I just feel like I'm hungover without the fun of drinking so at least you guys get some fun out of it!
Do you guys have names picked out yet?
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-11, 11:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_dancr
It's so exciting your guy's babies are moving around. I can't wait to feel that. So far I just feel like I'm hungover without the fun of drinking so at least you guys get some fun out of it!

I felt very frustrated and, I dunno, just "blah" for a long time. I had no major symptoms, no weight gain, no baby belly, felt no movement, nothin'. I dubbed those many, many weeks (up until about week 19-20) "pregnancy purgatory." I felt like there was nothing to be excited about yet, if that makes sense. It was just week after week of feeling tired and nothing to show for it, which really just made me feel lazy! Finally, around 20 weeks, I started feeling movement and found out the sex of the baby, so that made it all much more real for me. I still have no baby belly (still wearing all my regular clothes, even jeans), but at least now we can start decorating the nursery and stuff.

We're leaning toward Benjamin for our boy. We hadn't had any boy names picked out at all prior to our ultrasouns where we found out it was a boy, so we're still tossing nmes around, but that's the only that seems to have stuck that we both agreed on so far. We've had Elizabeth Jean (to be nicknamed Ellie) picked out for a girl since before I was even pregnant (Elizabeth and Jean are both family/senitmental names for my husband).
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 07:26

BF:

We had Karilyn picked out for a girl. Now that we know it's a boy, we're not sure. My husband, Erik, is leaning towards Maverik. No middle name yet though.

Jill, I envy you being able to wear your normal clothes still. That's awesome, girl!!! I have started to feel very uncomfortable in the last week and it's way too early to feel uncomfortable.
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 11:08

no names here yet. i find out the gender in a couple of weeks, so wont even look at names until then! we probably wont decide until after we meet the baby though.

i have to go shopping for christmas clothes for parties, etc soon. eeps!! i'm definitley in maternity clothes for the most part. i have some yoga top jeans that i can still wear comfortably from before, and all my fat tops fit just fine over the belly area. i was a big fan of the empire waistline before to hide my belly fat, so i have lots of tops that still work now for the baby bump.
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 18:37

BF:

I'm 22 weeks along tomorrow, and no need for maternity clothes at all. It kind of makes me sad - I want to LOOK pregnant, dammit!

Of course, if I continue with the way I've been eating lately, I'll be needing maternity clothes for MONTHS AFTER I have the baby!

Doc called today to confirm that my quad screen blood test (essentially just the blood test for spina bifida since I'd already had the first trimester screen for everything else) came back normal. Other than that, nothing new to report...
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-11, 09:39

BF:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!!!!!!
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-11, 21:04

Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been consistent with my LC except for one day where nothing LC would stay down. That day I did make sweet potato waffle fries and had a peppermint shake, but that is all that stayed down!!!

Currently, I'm almost 15 weeks, and aside from the 5 lbs (it was 9 lbs, I lost 4!) I packed on in the first 3 weeks of pregnancy when I was eating only carbs to help the morning sickness , I haven't gained anything...

I am still getting pretty sick, which is frustrating. I want to be over that hump. All it seems to do is prevent me from being a good mommy and from exercising!!!

Anyone else's brain turned to fluff? I scheduled myself to work when we'll be out of town. It's just 8 hours, but I am afraid that if I call off during the holiday season that I will get fired... but I can't cancel our family trip that we've been planning on forever. Tiny brain.
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-11, 00:49

i have pregancy brain, big time. it's getting better now, but in my first tri, i had to check the calendar for every single little thing, even things that were part of our normal routine. i was constantly double booking us. i'm still writing everything down that we need to do, and it seems to be helping.
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-11, 07:13

BF:

Baby brain - yes! I have to write things down now a lot more than I used to. I have a lot of those moments where I walk into a room or open the fridge or something, and then completely forget why I'm looking in there.

Also, I'm finally SHOWING! About 22 weeks, and I finally have a bump. Actually, it's more like baby filled out my extra skin in the lower half of my tummy and is squishing everything else UP, so the part of my stomach that sticks out the most is actually above where my baby is (above the belly button), but it's still caused by baby, so I'm claiming it :P