Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-11, 08:10

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 218/175.4/113 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 41%

That first trimester can be so hard with the fatigue and nausea. I know it was particularly hard for me this time around as well. I'm impressed that you are preparing food for yourself at this stage, Eriksgirl ... I didn't have the stomach to deal with cooking so ended up just noshing on whatever was handiest & sounded least repulsive ... usually carbs. Regretting that now, of course.

So sorry you all are having to be on bedrest hanny & primrose. I can't imagine how difficult that would be. Eriksgirl, I hope it doesn't come to that for you (and p.s., I'm hoping for that girl for you ).

I've been sticking with exercising & LCing this week, so I'm pleased about that. I also added in some iron supplementation and have gotten back to having coconut oil ... I think both of those things are gradually helping with my energy levels.

Hope everyone has as comfortable a weekend as possible.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-11, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Eriksgirl,
i just saw you had send me a message soemtime back.sorry,I didn't see that.
My brain is slow these days and i am new to this type of forums,i didn't know i had an inbox here.I was trying to figure out how to reply back,but I din't figure it out.
I have no account on FB either.Just too busy for that kind of stuff.Anyway just so you know,I am still not lc-ing in the strcitest sense.Although my high carb binge has almost come to an end.So i don't know how much support I will be.
My DD is feb 16.this is my third preg,second baby.
I am still figuring out what weight i should gain or lose LOL.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-11, 15:04

Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%

Hello everyone, can I join? I just got a positive beta after 12 (!) rounds of IVF pp. My first pg was low-carb and I have been low carb thorough bf and ever since. I only added fruit and nuts. I had a few bouts of nausea that I thoroughly enjoyed - anything to remind me that I have finally (hopefully) put the horrors of IVF behind me. I am resting a lot, tired, with sore breasts. Anxiously awaiting the U\S tomorrow.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-11, 09:11

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 218/175.4/113 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Congratulations sondacop!
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-11, 11:13

U/S today - saw 1 sack, the third beta was 16,666! I had some spotting today, and I know I shouldn't be worried, but I am...
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-11, 18:47

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sondacop
U/S today - saw 1 sack, the third beta was 16,666! I had some spotting today, and I know I shouldn't be worried, but I am...

Before I knew I was pregnant, I spotted for a week and then about another week later spotted again for a few days. I later found out I was pregnant, and math tells me I was pregnant during those times of spotting. I'm now 11 weeks 5 days along, and all is well! If it becomes heavier than spotting, I would call the doc. And mention the spotting at your next regular appointment.

There is SO much we COULD worry about, but I just keep reminding myself that worrying never helps or solves anything, but can only be detrimental by causing stress. I have very reasonable cause to be concerned that I may have accidentally physically deformed my baby by having taken high doses of vitamin A supplements until I was about 8 weeks along (since I didn't know I was pregnant), but I've since discontinued them, and I know there's nothing more I can do, and worrying won't help, so it is what it is, and we'll deal with it when the time comes!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-11, 21:01

I did point it out to the Dr, and he said that he saw it but did not proscribe bed rest as I would expect if something serious was wrong.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-11, 07:25

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hey all I just found out yesterday I'm pregnant!!
We aren't telling anyone until we are far enough along to hear a heartbeat. So you guys on this forum are the only people I can talk to!!
I'm 38 so I'm considered a high risk for a miscarriage.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-11, 12:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakala
Hey all I just found out yesterday I'm pregnant!!
We aren't telling anyone until we are far enough along to hear a heartbeat. So you guys on this forum are the only people I can talk to!!

Congrats! I heard the heartbeat for the first time at my ultrasound at 9 weeks, and I'm sure a doppler could have picked it up before then, so shouldn't be too long for you!

Last edited by jillybean7 : Thu, Sep-15-11 at 12:43. Reason: I can't type!
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-11, 14:16

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

kaylakala~so exciting! i'm an older preggo too.

congrats.

you might want to have a look at the benefits of ketosis in pregnancy thread~vlc can prevent miscarriage according to dr fox (a reproductive endocrinologist)
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-11, 16:55

Condrads! I am 41, I was 38 my last pg. I don't think there is anything high risk about age if you are healthy.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-11, 00:37

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

sondacop, i couldnt agree more. I know i'm a lot healthier now than i was 10 yrs ago when i had my son.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-11, 04:54

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Congrats, Kaylakala!!!!! I'm 36 (which is young, lol) and they consider me high-risk, etc. My mom had her last baby at 43 with no problems.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-11, 07:47

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Wow guys thank you sooooo much for your encouragement!!
If I'm not vlc my eating tends to spiral out of control.
I gained 90 with my first and then lost it then gained 70 with my second. I will be eating more dairy and veggies. Fruit I'm a bit leary of considering my eating issues.
Congrats to you too walnut!
I'm already a bit ill and I can't be much more than 2-3 weeks. All day long like I was with my little boy. No food aversions yet. I think eating just 3 fried eggs every morning is helping a lot with cravings. I'm still drinking some brewed black tea every morning.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-11, 11:39

BF:

I've cut back a bit on the fruit in the past couple days and ate the last peach in my kitchen last night. I'm down another 2 pounds! 176 this morning. I even had to get off the scale, let it turn off, turn it back on, and try again to make sure it wasn't a fluke :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakala
I'm already a bit ill and I can't be much more than 2-3 weeks.

Did you have a positive home test? They count the "weeks" from your last period, not from when you actually conceived, so if you've had a positive test and/or a missed period, you're likely at least 4-5 weeks along Around 2 weeks would just be fertilization (assuming a somewhat average 28-ish day cycle).