Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-11, 08:54

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

And on a side note: pls dont feel guilty with the sad thoughts which might be coming through your head. This is normal to feel depressed under these painful circumstances

Try and watch with your loved one some discovery movies about child development, it will also inspire you and keep going into more energetic phase!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-11, 19:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thanks for all the kind words!
Just puked my lunch but feel better now.I have two friends who had severe hypersemesis(spelling?) and from what they told me,its horrible when you have to deal with it for the entire pregnancy.They were both on medications.Still had it going up until 7 months.
At least we are nowhere like that now.Both of them had the same problem both their pregnancies and they are both poor eaters.But I also think each pregnancy has a diffrenet set of reacting hormones that makes this nausea.one of them actually lost too many pounds involuntarily,became underweight and had several complications at delivery.My husband always asks"the first trimester is the most important in terms of baby development,then why does their bodies do that (nausea)to them when the baby needs most nutrients?"
but anyway their babies turned out fine.
I have a different set of repulsive smells this time:shampoos ,soaps,oils,perfumes,petrol,smoke,nonveg foods,etc
last pregnancy it was:leather,hand washes,bread,tea etc
before that it (first pregnancy)was:coffee,rice, mustard,veggies,shoe polish etc
Each one was different.Usually eating every two-three hours some cookies,crackers,tea etc helped me.So did peppermint tea.In my first i ate a lot of toasts with ginger jam.This time none of those works.Someone told me sucking on hard candy helped.I have yet to go shopping.
Plain water always make me puke.so I make lemonaids at home when i can.also found this soda called Sierra mist natural lemonade.has sugar in it but no other artificial stuff in it.
I hope to get over this by week 10.
Also I find that I can think of nothing.My mind is blank all the time.My husband thinks thats because I sleep too much.But its the other way round,I have nothing to think,my mind has stopped working,so I fall asleep.Has anyone felt that way before?Although today I was not that exhausted.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-30-11, 09:04
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos
Congatulations MsTwacky on pregnancy and 3rd trimester already!
How does it feel over there? I am in my 1st trimester and feelin like crap now. All-day sickness broke in (who said its only in the morning?), experience ultimate exhaustion, feelin depressed plus have spotting for over 1 weel already... So can't wait to pass this adaptation period and realy enjoy this wonderful time...

I don't do low-carb now, eat fruit, berries, vegetables, protein. Noticed I do especially well with stone fruits, helps me release sickness fro some time.The idea of limiting carbs is not palatable for me now

As soon as I transition into more energetic phase, I would love to do some exercizes. I do walk 40 minutes 5 times a week, but would like to implement some stretching exercises, like pilates for mommies.

Is anyone doing exercises? What type, and how does it make you feel?

You are doing way better than I was in my 1st trimester!!

I ate whatever I wanted despite the doctor trying to put me on a diet. They also told me to walk and exercise and I was sooooooooooo tired that I went from exercising on the elliptical to nothing.

I am just not starting to exercise again and just now starting to eat low carb. I am trying to limit fruits but I have not excluded them completely especially if I feel its that or some refined carb. It's the lessor of 2 evils. I also indulge in sugar free low carb vanilla ice cream.

Aside from the fruit you mentioned- it sounds like you are low carbing, I mean you may not be doing induction but low carbing is low carbing. If I'm not eating refined foods, potatoes, flour, sugar etc I absolutely consider myaself to be low carbing.

I have lost about 4 lbs this week!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-11, 06:37

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Sorry to hear you're so sick, Primrose. Yuck. I haven't thrown up yet, but have incredible nausea. I hope that your morning sickness passes quickly!!

Wow, Ms Twacky, sounds like you're doing awesome!!

I haven't scheduled my 1st midwife appointment yet. LOL Was thinking I should do that today. I've been spotting on and off for about 2 weeks. Nothing serious though. Generally, it's after I've done too much or sex. I try to take it easy as much as possible when I start spotting.

Sooooo, any of you gals in the first trimester, doing exercises?? I stay really busy all day long. But, I can't bring myself to exercise. Kinda afraid to when I'm still spotting. Someone give me motivation!!!!!! LOL
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-11-11, 18:46

Stats: 276/234.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Wont be enjoying this journey with you ladies we miscarried a week ago.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jul-12-11, 03:26

BF:

Nina, I am very sorry to hear that

Actually last week I also miscarried one of the twins, was a huge blood loss, but luckily could have done without further surgery. The second twin is strong, so is holding ok.

Therefore I totally relate as to how you are feeling now. After some lamenting, please try to look at it at different light: that for some reason it should not have happened this time. But you will definitely give birth one day. And now we need to focus on eating paleo and sending good vibes to miscarried cutie

In thoughts with you and hugging you tight!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-11, 08:40
Registered Member

BF:

Very sorry to hear that.Hugs to both of you.This can be a hard time to cope.Please take it easy with the diet and other stuff.Eos,you may need some rest to make sure everything turns alright.
I am on bedrest now,having some complications with a problem they found in my uterine wall.Plus miserably sick on top of that.Had a fever yesterday.lets hope for the best for all of us.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-11, 11:43

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

I'm sooo sorry for your losses. I had a miscarriage a long time ago and it still makes me sad when I think about it. It is a ver painful time. Big hugs and prayers for both of you.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-11, 19:43

Stats: 276/234.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

EOS, thanks for the kind words. I have four children and have had four miscarriages. I lost twins with one of them. I am so glad your other twin is strong and healthy. What a blessing.
You guys are all so kind, and I wish you all the best
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-11, 08:22

BF:

Hello everyone!

Been silent at this thread for a while, so I would like to check how future mums are doing?

Primrose, hope you feeling better now?

I am doing bit better, sickness seems to fade away gradually. Have been at 12 weeks ultrasound today, that was quite a spectacle We have got pretty active baby, its swimming and jumping and rolling
The nurse asked me also to move my hips vigorously and then instructed me to get up and hop for 3-5 mins, then when i finally finished this exercizes, we looked again at a child: it put its tiny hand to its head ; like ''ufff seriously, people, you grown up eh?** That was very funny, so all of us burst out laughing.

Such funny stories and seeing the child in action keeps me going through all these bad times of tiredness and sickness, knowing what it's worth for

Sending big hugs!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-11, 09:02

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 218/175.4/113 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Nina, Eos, I'm very sorry for your losses.

It's nice to see this thread. I'm in my third trimester with baby number 6 (our 4th boy). I had been low-carbing when I got pregnant, and it took me a couple of months of feeling lousy before it finally dawned on me that I might be pregnant. Quite a surprise at 46.

I haven't felt well, physically or mentally, this whole pregnancy and my eating has been sporadic. I was craving junky carbs and sugar like crazy (whether that was hormonal or psychological or a combination, I don't know) and gave into the cravings often. Although I kept trying to make low-carb my default setting, I ended up gaining close to 20 pounds because of all the bingeing I did.

I'm really only back on track for a few days now but have dropped about 3 pounds. I'm back posting here on the forum so hopefully that will help me stick with it.

My exercise has been sporadic as well during the pregnancy. It's really only in the last couple of weeks that I've been more consistent, so keeping up with that again is also a goal.

Primrose, are you still on bedrest?
Eriksgirl, have you worked up to exercising yet?
MsTwacky, hope things are continuing to go well for you.
EOS, love the funny story about baby. It was probably dizzy, poor thing, lol.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 05:29

BF:

Hi, MiniMim!! Congrats!!! I, too, am pregnant with #6. We currently have 4 boys and 1 girl. I am currently 13 w, 2 days, so it's too early to tell, but I feel like it's a girl. It doesn't matter either way though.

I'm not getting as much exercise in as I would like, but I'm slowly getting there. I am still struggling with fatigue. However, I am doing pretty good with my eating so far. I've gained a total of 2 pounds so far. I've been making a lot of LC casserole's from Linda's site. I've printed out a lot of her recipes and have tried everything from pumpkin bread to cheesecake. AWESOME. It easier for me to have prepared food for when I get hungry or I will crash and eat anything. lol I try to eat a little something every 2-3 hours and that helps, too.

So, I'm looking forward to hearing from Primrose, MsTwacky, and EOS, too!!!!!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 09:14
Registered Member

Stats: 154.5/154.5/120 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am 21 weeks 4 days pregnant and can't do low carb at all. I am on bed rest because of an incompetenet cervix so I have to rely on meals someone else cooks for me. I also cannot exercise. So much for trying to keep my weight under control this pregnancy.

Hope you all are doing well!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-11, 11:41
Registered Member

BF:

Nice to hear from you all ,ladies.
Hanny I totally hear you.I am still on bedrest,due to subchroionic hemmorhage.nausea got a little better,but not better enough for me to take control of my eating.I have repulsion to a lot of good stuff,so I just eat anything thats available,mostly high carbs.Have gained 7 lbs so far,at 13 weeks,1 day.Not bad,considering last time's 15.
I cannot even think of any low carb foods,and I just crave a lot of fruits.Been eating mangoes like crazy.
Doc said no exercise for me too.:-(
I am hoping to take charge of eating once I am past this nausea.I think i may not able to do a clean low carb,but am aiming for a moderate low carb at least.U/s is only after 6 more weeks,so have to wait for that perk.Felt the baby move once or twice this week,not sure.I still have dizzy spells so spending most of my time at home.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Aug-13-11, 04:41

BF:

Hanny, Primrose, I am sorry to hear of your bedrest. I was on bedrest with my last pregnancy from 19 weeks on. I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and am kinda expecting the same soon. sighing It's tough. Worth it, yet tough. {{{hugs to you both}}}